I Love Lucy

CBS (ended 1957)

Carolee99

I Love Lucy Fan Reviews (132)

• This is one of the Best shows ever!

I Love Lucy is one of the best shows that was ever made. Think of the shows now. Do you think anyone will watch them 50 years from now and people still like it? NO, this is one of the only shows that can make people like it born 45 years after it first aired. The show and stories are true classics. Vitameatavegamin, the Chocolate Factory, the meat locker. You going down a street saying Vitameatavegamin and people will know exactly what you are talking about!
  • One of the most brilliant shows in sit-com history!

It's The Nanny of the 50's ... non-stop laughs and fantastic comedic timing. You can never get tired of watching Lucy in action ... I still laugh everytime I see her as the Queen of the gypsies ... or trying to sell vitametavegamin. This is a timeless classic that I recomend to comedy fans of all ages.
  • Easily was ahead of its time because we are stll laughing today, Lucille Ball you gave us so much and asked for just viewers in return...

The original Queen of comedy still reigns today superior to any other female in the business (or male for that matter) th most recognizable face in TV history made us laugh even at the saddest of moments. Countless behind the scene troubles didnt stop this show's 7 years becoming instant classic. TV Guide rated it the number 2 sit com of all time, next only to Seinfeld. It ran away with a cast full of lovable characters, but CBS only wanted lucy of those fab four. Desi, Vivian, and William all originally werent wanted by anyone except Lucy who said "cast them". she proved to be right as the crowd quickly made it number one on the charts. never dipping under #5 it's amazing reign has no comparison. Lucille Ball gave us so many episodes and it is sad how as the years go on only those select few are really know. the Golf Game, The Camping Trip and countless other classics are rarely seen anymore but to true Lucy fans we see these as maybe some of the funniest. While Job Switching and Lucy Does a Television Commercial may be widely known, the others are big hits and line for line act outs for true fans who know the shows ptential greatness it always had, and always will.
  • What can I say about Lucy, the only thing I can say is that I love Lucy, I really do. This show is indeed a classic and is a show of humor and friendship.

Lucille Ball did a great job of being Lucy. She adopted to the character in a great way. She made us laugh and she could even make us cry at times. The silly things she would get herself in, and the way she would try to ge herself out of it was funny too. Lucy, was the star of the show, but there was also her lovable husband Ricky. There was also her landlords and best friends. The Mertezs. Ethel would always help Lucy on one of her crazy schemes, and Fred would help Ricky get back at Lucy too. They all had a wonderful friendship though, and I think that is what made this show another family favorite.
  • A show a head of its time.

I Love Lucy was a show that set the trends for today. It was one of the first if not THE first to perform before a live audience, and one of the first to show the sexual tension between the two sexes. The comedic timing of all were perfect. This is a show that will live on for years in reruns
  • I Love Lucy Was the best of the classic shows.

I wish this show would stay on air forever more.
    I Love Lucy Was the best of the classic shows. Rate: I give this show a 10 because its very funny and heart warming. When I'm writing my review, I not excellent at it. U got to get these cast pop for there hard work.
  • Still funny after all these years.

This is one of the oldest shows still played on TV Land and the funniest. Who would have thought a red-head and a cuban would make such an incredible couple. And in real life they were married too but got divorced later on. The show is about Lucy and her husband Ricky along with their neighbors the Mertz. Lucy has always been trying to get into show buisness, but her husband never lets her. So she comes up with these schemes that her neighbor Ethel gets her out of. Even though this is a 50s show its worth the laugh.
  • I love Lucy:)

What can i say, I love Lucy! Even though the show is well before my time i can understand it's comedy. You gotta remeber this was the first show ever to be filmed in front of a live studio audience, and if you ever watch it and say hey that jokes old well, you're ever so wrong! Remember this show wrote the book on comedy, acctually Lucille Ball wrote the book on comedy in my opinion. The show showed us orignal story lines, never a cheap knock off of another show or radio show, it was all origianl and so clean to! What has ever happened to normal polite comedy? Jokes now adays aren't considered funny unless they are about something sexual, you simply can't get people to laugh as hard without it! I've watched pretty much every epiosde a million times(okay a little less the a million) and still can't keep myself from laughing, it was true pure comedy, nothing less, and nothing less then original, that's why i gave it a 10!
  • Great classic show.

I think this show is great. If you like to watch classic television, this is the show to watch. Its humor brings smiles to the faces of people of all ages, whether you are a young kid, an adult, or an elderly person. This show is one of the easiest classic shows to understand.
  • I Love Lucy has won the hearts of the American People since its debut back in the early 1950s. Lucille Ball and husband Desi Arnaz both starred on the show along with Vivian Vance and William Frawley. All the stars would become household names from the su

I Love Lucy will remain a classic....all of its episodes have been dubbed some of the best. Even today, in a modernized world, the 'Friends' and 'Raymond' watcher will glamour the 50s show. I Love Lucy has remained a staple, throughout its rerun years, and as modern technology takes over, it only benefits Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz more. Today, I Love Lucy can be transfered to color, and all of its glamorous episodes can come on DVD or Video.

To this day, I've watched every single episode of 'I Love Lucy' and I wasn't even born during or before her time. Re-runs have paved the way to a special anniversary episode in 2001/2. Also, Lucille Ball would ride of the success of 'I Love Lucy' with 'The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour', 'The Lucy Show', and 'Here's Lucy'.
  • The best show ever on TV..Period!

Probably the most popular sitcom in TV history! There was dizzy housewife Lucy Ricardo (Lucille Ball) and her husband, Cuban bandleader Ricky Ricardo (Desi Arnaz). Neighbors and landlords Fred and Ethel Mertz (William Frawley and Vivian Vance) were frequent visitors and got caught up in the adventures. Whenever Ricky had to play at the club, Lucy wanted to come but Ricky wouldn't allow it.

Many, many memorable episodes here. Who could forget the two most popular episodes of all time: "Job Switching" where Lucy and Ethel get jobs at a candy factory and must wrap each individual piece of chocolate as it came down the conveyer belt, but then the belt began moving too fast and the girls had to hide the candy or be fired, while Ricky and Fred tried unsuccessfully to do house work and cook dinner. The second most popular episode of all time was the one where Lucy became a spokesperson for a pep tonic, Vitameatavegemin, which contained alcohol so after many takes and teaspoons, Lucy said her lines very differently. Who could forget the episode where Lucy get's locked in the freezer or in the trunk? How about the one where Ricky accidentally breaks the Mertzes' new TV set so Fred breaks the Ricardos' so they sue one another? Or the one where Lucy and Ricky give their old washing machine to the Mertzes and end up breaking it? And let's not forget Little Ricky! When Lucy was pregnant, they couldn't call it that, they had to say "expectant". How about "knocked up"? The Ricardos and Mertzes took many vacations together. Who could forget their memorable trip to California where Lucy steals John Wayne's footsteps and get's a monstrous tan. Or their trip to London and Italy where Lucy was stopped at the boarder; How about the trip to Florida where their boat runs out of gas, curtosy of Lucy.

In 1956, Lucy and Ricky move to the country in Connecticut. Fred and Ethel visited and eventually moved out there too. The change in scenery was good for the show and lead to more wacky adventures, like the one where Lucy breaks a valuable statue and replaces it with herself disguised as a statue? In 1957, the show became The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour which was just like I Love Lucy, only it was an hour long and each episode featured a celebrity, like Red Skelton, Milton Berle, Talullah Bankhead, Ernie Kovacs and more! Lucille Ball and Vivian Vance went on to do The Lucy Show and a few more Lucy sitcoms. Poor William Frawley died in 1966. Vivian Vance followed in 1979. Desi Arnaz died in 1986 and Lucille Ball followed in 1989, but we will always remember these talented people in great sitcoms like I Love Lucy! If you haven't already seen it, tune in and catch an episode! My personal favorite is the one where a teenage girl (Janet Waldo [Judy Jetson]) goes gaga for Ricky, just as a boy (Richard Crenna) falls for Lucy. Some quick thinking from Lucy and Ricky have them fall for each other. I think that was the only episode where Fred and Ethel don't appear. So check out this show! It'll be in reruns 'til the end of time!

• This show is a brillant show about a cuban band leader and his crazy lovable wife lucy who longs for the chance to be in the spotlight and tries to with the help of her two crazy neighbors ethel and fred!!

This is my most favorite show is the whole world!!! I can't even put into words how influential and brillant this show is. No other show compares with this classic and no comedian man or woman can compare to Lucille Ball!! A person can never get tired of of the show and lucy's antics, no matter how many times you watche an episode you laugh just as hard as you did the first time you watched and sometimes even harder!!
  • hmm the best ever

yay if i was him i would be worried to...like i always say everyone worries...i think this is one of the best classic shows that i used to alwayz watch every night during the summer but i never c it on t.v nemore i really miss that show it was the best....
  • One of the best shows of all time.

What can you say about I Love Lucy? It's was brilliant, even now you can watch the show and laugh. The show was so clever that it is one of the few truly timeless shows. Lucille Ball was incredibly funny in everything she did. There are certain scenes from certain episodes that will never be forgotten. The way Lucy and Ethel always got themselves in trouble in whatever they seemed to try to do. The cast was incredibly talented and funny. I can still watch this show over and over and laugh just as much as the first time I saw it.
  • A ground breaking show with many memorable T.V. moments.

I Love Lucy is a fabulous comedy starrig Lucille Ball. Lucy is one of the original queens of comedy. I have no doubt that this series could have continued strong for many more seasons if not for Lucy's divorce. When watching I Love Lucy on DVD it brings back many childhood memories of watching television on weekday mornings. This sitcom is filled with many memorable episode moments such as: grape stomping, vitameatavegamin, bread baking, job swapping, and baseball with Bob Hope. Watch this show and you will fall in love with Ricky, Lucy, Fred and Ethel. This show is a must for any comedy fan.
  • Always perfect!

There was never a dull episode.They all made us laugh and continue to do so fifty years later.This is,without question,the only perfect TV series ever produced.I don't have to mention names,you all know who they are.I don't have to name the funniest episodes,because all of us can name them.This show had an appeal with no expiration date.Everything about it is just as funny now as I know it was then.And they thought the idea of a white woman being married to a Cuban band leader wouldn't last,or be accepted by the viewing public.How wrong they were.Very few shows of it's time are still around in reruns.This speaks volumes. If I had to sum it all up in one word,it would be "perfection".
  • This show was aired before my time, but I must say, that is one Crazy Red head! I love it! Funny, wild and most of all enjoyable for all ages! It was a shame when Lucille Ball passed away! But I will always watch her re-runs! No matter what! Guarenteed

I love Lucy, is absolutely hilarious! I love to watch her show even now! Re-runs or not, If I need a laugh, boy can her show make it happen! She is dearly missed and no other show can take her place. A+A+A+A+A+A Ricky and Lucy , what a combination! Fantastic
  • Three words that are stapled into television history.

Here's one show that was the blueprint for modern-day sitcoms. Lucille Ball showed America what funny really is!

And this show was ahead of it's time. Desi using the three-camera shot to get as many angles from a scene in the shortest amount of time. (This technique is still used today.)

And the fact that this show was put on film, and that Lucy and Desi owned the rights to the show. By today's standards that's amazing! Television never advanced as much as when I Love Lucy was on the air.

Now, granted, I didn't enjoy the sixth and final season as much as the others. I wish they stayed in the city instead. The country ones weren't as enjoyable, IMHO. The best one of those was the one where Lucy lost her wedding ring and tore apart the new grill that Ricky and Fred put together to find it. That was the best of the last bunch of stories.

• great show, was before my time but i always luv to watch the reruns

i love lucy is a terrific show. even though i was born in the 90's and it started airing on 1951 i still love to watch it over and over again. this show has always been able to make me laugh. its great and has its famous line that ever1 can remeber "Lucy, im home."
  • This show is amazing and as I re-watch it on DVD I can't believe how ground breaking, trend setting, and laugh out loud funny it is. It clearly, truly set the precedent for most sitcoms that have ever done anything significant or been in the least bit fun

This show is amazing and as I re-watch it on DVD I can't believe how ground breaking, trend setting, and laugh out loud funny it is. It clearly, truly set the precedent for most sitcoms that have ever done anything significant or been in the least bit funny. It always leaves me laughing out loud with the hysterical characters, storylines, and physical comedy. It is simply magic.
  • PERFECT in every way!

I Love Lucy has offered the American public sheer pleasure for so many years, and will endure for years to come. At 37, I have been a true fan since the age of 5. My children love the show, and my family & coworkers know of my obsession. Lucy, Ricky, Little Ricky, Fred & Ethel have brought so much joy to so many lives. In times like especially, how "wondaful" is it to sit back, turn OFF the news, and watch this show? To get lost in a time of innocence and pure comedy. Hey, I love CSI too - but this always conjures up a feeling of peace and happiness. A true classic.
  • I grew up watching re-runs of this show. I still love it!

The first episode I can remember watching was when Lucy and Ethel were working at the candy factory and they kept eating all the candy because the conveyour belt was mooving too fast. God that was funny! I really enjoy the humor and the charachters. I wish they would have made an actual movie called I Love Lucy. They did make the one called "The long long trailer". That was really funny.
  • A show I never tire of watching!

Classic. What word could sum up I Love Lucy any better? This show set the standard for comedy. It seemed there was nothing Lucy wouldn't do on the show. She was the queen of physical comedy. The writing was spectacular, and the characters were top notch. There was zany Lucy who never passed up a chance to get in to some kind of trouble, her faithful sidekick Ethel, Lucy's husband Ricky who was forever amazed at Lucy's antics and frequently burst into his native language; and frumpy, tight-wad Fred who got quite a few laughs on his own. I never tire of watching this show and laugh just as hard at so many of the episodes as the first time I saw them. Who can forget the "Vitameatavegamin" episode or the one where Lucy locks herself in the freezer? How about "Lucy Makes an Italian Movie" or the episode where Lucy and Ethel went to work in the chocolate factory. Oh, I could go on forever. There were tender moments, too, like when Ricky found out Lucy was pregnant. This show had stood the test of time, and is the pinnacle that all other comedies are forever trying to achieve. It will always remain one of my favorites.
  • One of the best shows ever.

"I Love Lucy" has the ablitity to get the attention of every generation, young and old alike. Ever since it's '50's debut, it has made people laugh, and even in the new millennium, it has marked its place as one of the greatest shows on television. It will forever be considered a classic.
  • A show following the daily life of the couple Ricky and Lucy Ricardo as they live through it incountering many laughs and interesting moments where Lucy always gets herself into trouble.

Overall, the I Love Lucy show is very underappreaciated. It is from the more simpler time where everything was more honest and innocent. This show represents everything that a comedy show should have. It is very well put together with many laughs that do not involve it being sexual or having violence. It was the landmark for all shows. It showed the world that a great comedy show could be done and enjoyed by many people without the use of sex and/or violence. It should be introduced to the younger generations like me. I was introduced to this classic show by my parents and I love it. I find time to sit down with my parents all the time and truly enjoy this great classic.
  • I Love Lucy was one of my favorite shows of all time.

I Love Lucy was one of my favorite shows of all time. When I was a kid, I used to watch it all the time. In fact, I had memorized the schedule of it on Nick @ Nite. I swear, I must have seen each episode at least five times, some more than others.

What I loved about this show is how clean, but how incredibly funny the humor was. I watch this show NOW and still laugh at the crazy antics that happen in the episodes. The episodes that featured music segments were my favorite. It really gave me a taste of the music of the times. I especially enjoyed the episode, I don't remember the name, where Lucy, Ethel, Fred, and Ricky were doing a barbershop-like song and tried to keep Lucy from singing by sticking the shaving cream brush in her mouth everytime she tried.

The only negative thing I have to say about the show is that I don't get to see it as much anymore since its not on Nick @ Nite but on TV Land instead.
  • Lucille and Desi knew us better than CBS.

50 years after this show began, over 15 years after the last major star passed on, this show is still #1. Why doesn't this kind of comedy exist today?

Things that were forbidden on television in the 50s they managed to make it to where it wouldn't need any censoring. Any term involving the word "pregnant" on T.V. was uncalled for, and they could have been endanger of having the show pulled. But again, the Arnazes knew better, worked around it, and it turned out to be the #1 watched show that Monday night when Little Ricky was born. And it continued for another 7 years (3 years were from the Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour where the I Love Lucy format was still used).
  • Who does not love Lucy?

Lucy is my romodel and she can make me laugh when I am down and out and mad at the world. I still laugh when I watch her get drunk on Vitametavegimanin in the commerical episode or stuffing her face with chocolate in Job Switching. Whoever does not love Lucy is a sadistic person with no soul. If T.V. Land ever quits airing Lucy, then somebody will have some 'splaining to do to all of her millions of fans. I Love Lucy rules!
  • I Love Lucy is abot Lucy Ricardo who always wants to get in the show bussiness while her husband who is a bandleader refuse to let her in! And when he say no she always manage to get in with the help of her Neighber Ethel and Fred.

I love this old classic show! When ever you need a good laugh I love Lucy is it! The show got better every season. I just love the Hollywood Episodes and some other, There are way to many to name. Like Lucy thinks Ricky's going to murder her to the finale Episode. I just love it when Lucy is a very bad singer who wants to be in a show bussiness. If you ever down and need a very good laugh or just want to watch a show to laugh, I highly recommend I Love Lucy.
  • The Queen of Comedy and Her Court...

I Love Lucy is a thing of beauty. 179 episodes abounding with comedic escapades and warm moments between four close friends and their adventures together. I have seen all 179 episodes and while many are better than others, even the worst one is still decent and evokes a chuckle.

One of the most amazing things about the show is the chemistry between the four main stars. They are so amazing together that one finds it hard to believe that Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball had so many off camera marital problems and that William Frawley and Vivian Vance were not very fond of each other. There are so many scenes that are priceless that I can only name a few here. Who can forget the classic candy factory episode eating candy at a frantic rate or Lucy's classic rendition as the "Vitameatavegamin" girl? Or the scene where Lucy has a shirt full of eggs and must delicately dance the Tango with Ricky. I am remembering these scenes just like I saw them yesterday, but I experienced my first exposure to a Lucy episode when I was only 10 years old.

Aside from the wholesome and marvelously funny scenes, the exposure to the Spanish language is also a nice bonus, most notably in the charming episode where Ricky renders "Little Red Riding Hood" in Spanish. The viewer is treated to some pleasant Latin and vaudevillian tunes throughout many of the episodes. This is an even bigger bonus for watching the show with children. They get exposure to songs they might otherwise never hear and are entertained with clean and uplifting comedy, all the while picking up some Spanish vocabulary.

There is so much more I could say about the show. This is some of the finest comedy the world will ever see and I will treasure my Lucy tapes and the memory of these four icons of comedy forever. If you don't find this show the least bit funny, you should consider seeing a psychologist, or as Ricky would say, a "physiocologist." :o)
< 1 2 3 4 5