I Love Lucy

CBS (ended 1957)

Carolee99

I Love Lucy Fan Reviews (131)

• A Legendary and Timeless Classic

The Precursor of all Sitcom, I Love Lucy stands out still today as one of TV's greatest shows, mainly thanks to the wild and hilarious antics of the Queen of Comedy herself, Lucille Ball. Serving as the televised adaptation of Ms. Balls successful Radio Comedy "My Favorite Husband" I Love Lucy followed the antics of the worlds craziest Housewife, Lucy Ricardo. Each time you saw that famous Heart on a satin background, you knew the events that followed would eventually end up with the Red Headed Mischief Maker in an outrageous, perilous or downright bizarre situation. Whether it was becoming intoxicated due to a pick me up tonic with a high alcohol content, battling and losing to a high speed candy convert belt, brawling with another woman in an Italian Wine Vat, Tangoing with Ricky while hiding over 3 dozen eggs in her blouse and so on. More importantly Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz helped to pioneer many concepts that the sitcom continue to use today, such as multiple cameras, a live audience and filming in Hollywood rather than New York. Without I Love Lucy, shows such as Friends, Modern Family, Everybody Loves Raymond, 30 Rock or Seinfield may have never existed.