I Love Lucy

CBS (ended 1957)

Carolee99

I Love Lucy Fan Reviews (133)

• Re-watching the entire series

Just bought the entire series, and finished season one. It took a few episodes to hit their stride, but these shows are perfection. Nobody mentions it but I Love Lucy was the Number 1 situation comedy on television for its ENTIRE run. I don't think any comedy has been that popular since. As a side note, Here's Lucy was the #1 situation comedy on TV in 1970. What an amazing legacy and run for Lucille Ball! I doubt there will ever be anyone as popular as Lucy again. Desi Arnaz is so under-rated. He is brilliant in this show. AND Vivian Vance... best supporting player ever . . . right up there with Don Knotts. Re-watching the show, I find myself marveling at Vivian Vance's excellence as much as I do Lucy's.

If you are just watching the edited shows on TV, I recommend buying the series. Sloppy syndicated editing takes away the smoothness of the shows, and they don't play as well. And speaking of syndication, we owe a great deal of appreciation to the series' production crew. If it wasn't for the excellent cinematography, lighting, scripting and direction, no matter how brilliant the cast was, these would never had played in syndication.