I Love Lucy

The "I Love Lucy" Christmas Episode

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 24, 1956 on CBS

• Episode 27

It is listed here as 27, but on disc there is no 27. It's on disc 2 of full collection under episode 11. And there is bonus color segment.
  • As the Ricardos and the Mertzes get ready for Christmas, they begin to look back at the happiest, and not so happiest, moments of the recent past.

"The I Love Lucy Christmas Show" is not a great episode of this classic television series, but it is very entertaining and even a little fun which is why I am giving it a high rating. While the episode may not be great like such episodes as "Lucy Does a TV Commercial" or "Job Switching" it is a significant episode in which it is the first to use flashback sequences. However that is a reason for a small criticism. The second flashback sequence, a clip from the season two episode "Lucy's Showbiz Swansong", is cut. The whole first verse of the song and part of the second verse is omitted. That is a bit of a disappointment. However the other flashbacks are shown in their entirety which makes up for this to a small degree. The episode also ends very well. The final scene is very well done. While this episode is not perfect, it is very entertaining. You will not be disappointed if you watch it.