I Love Lucy

The Publicity Agent

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 12, 1952 on CBS

• Trying to get Ricky some publicity, Lucy becomes the "Maharincess of Franistan", royalty from a faraway land who is a big fan of Ricky's.

When Lucy tries to get Ricky some publicity, there can only be humorous results! Lucy and Ethel dress up as the Maharincess of Franistan and her attendant, respectively. There are several funny moments in the episode, as well as classic quotes. Particularly funny is the final scene in the Waldorf hotel room, as Lucy and Ethel unwind from the performance at the club. Fred and Ricky turn the tables on them, pretending to be assassins who are after Franistan's royalty. Refuting the claim that she has the red and black hair of the Franistan royal family, Lucy states, "I'm not a Maharincess, I'm a henna rinses!" Another classic episode of "I Love Lucy".
  • one of the best episodes

Most people think that "Job switching" and "Lucy does a tv commerical" are the best episodes. When I talk to someone who is not into lucy, these are the only 2 episodes they have seen. Most people fail to realize that, although there are a few that stand out, most episodes are equally funny. This episode does stand out though. Lucy is just a loving wife who wants to help her performing husband in any way possible. How many wives today would dress up as the maharincess on Franistan and faint when ever she hears her husband's voice. The authors of this series were amzing. with the actors and authors, this show and this episode are unbeatable.