I Love the 90s

VH1 (ended 2004)

I Love the 90s Fan Reviews (7)

• Grew up during this decade.

Love this. Takes you back. Funny as hell.
  • I can see why this is the best reated one because this is knd of the age of the VH1 viewers. That's not meant to be rude, it just seems like it is.

They probably should have waited a little bit before making the series on the 90's, as well as part Deaux, since the 1990's was only over for a bit when this show was made. Maybe they should have stretched the 80's out longer, but it's easy for me to say that now. I did find some of the stuff interesting, there were more things that I realized that happened in the 90's. It was also cool to see stuff that happened during my high school years for me personally. This was interesting, just not as good as the 80's and almost as good maybe tied with the 70's. It's still worth watching.
  • One word: FUNNY

A nostalgiac look back at the 1990's in the midst of movies, music, shows, scandals, trends, and news events.

Making appearances to talk about the last decade's pop culture are: Hal Sparks, Michael Ian Black, Michael Bolton, and countless others including Lord of the Rings' Dominic Monaghan.

Even if you just can not stand the 90's you'll get a chuckle out of the comments from the various celebrities they feature.

Things in the show are:

Dominic Monaghan doing the MC Hammer Dance; Hal Sparks doing the "Forbidden Dance". Comments on bands, tv shows, and news events. Jibes at films such as Resivior Dogs, Point Break, Austin Powers, and many many more. The are "the hotties of the 1990's" and The dirty rocker guys of 1990's. Plus the answer to the question "why in the world would you clone a sheep?"

"They're all the same, they wear wooly sweaters and they go baaah." ~Dominic Monaghan. Oh how I adore him!

If you are depressed then watch this show, it will make you laugh your butt off.
  • Popular stuff from the 90s - check. Loved- check Great! Vh1 doing good... The best thing since Best Week Ever... Funny stuff... check, check, and check! All this tuff makes a good show.

Popular stuff from the 90s - check. Loved- check
    Great!Vh1 doing good...The best thing since Best Week Ever...Funny stuff...check, check, and check! All this stuff makes a good show.Vh1 is doing good and trust me i know! This and part two covers all the stuff from the 90s that had rock the world.. expect Nintendo 64... yeah no 64 here!
  • This is a great show for anyone that grew up in the 1990s. This is like a time machine, and as you return to the grunge days, you realize that times have changed since then. After an hour of watching, you're back in reality.

'I Love The 1990s’ takes you back to music, fashion, fads, and movies from the 1990s, or that specific year that's being shown, say 1991.

This is a show that you say to yourself.

"Oh yeah, I remember that."

Or

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe I wore those."

Or

"I can't believe I liked that movie or song."

Sometimes you look back and say.

"I remember the first time I got on the Internet."

But... 60 minutes later you're zapped back in reality and in the current year and now you're fighting spam, viruses, and spyware.
  • Where's Seinfeld? If it's I love the 90's, Why isn't Seinfeld there? That's the only reason this program ticks me off. Get the stuff that isn't really important and miss the real deal stuff in the 90's.

It's an addictive show. I love it when VH1 has those 9 hour marathons. Those are great, because I don't want to change the channel and miss the opinions of Michael Ian Black (hillarious) and Hal Sparks (funny). Also lots of the people there are pretty great to. I love their comments, those are hillarious. Although it ticks me off that they didn't put Seinfeld on. You realize the 90's isn't the 90's without Seinfeld. Those guys at VH1 are morons. Seinfeld ruled in the 90's, it was the best show. Speaking of show's in the 90's what about Home Improvement? They rather talk about music, and the Nanny but no Home Improvement, Boy Meets World or Seinfeld? Really.
  • Bubblegummy pop-culture trash aimed directly at the Grand Theft Auto/Paris Hilton generation.

Ok, I'll admit it: I'm addicted to the "I Love The..." series by vh1(Or at least I was for a while). I was intrigued by the concept of running down the top cultural events of a particular decade, which is why I watched episode after episode, no matter what--not even the fact that the show itself is simply more of the same juvenile, shallow, "hey-look-at-me" garbage.

The selection of pop-culture items showcased is actually very impressive, and really, that's basically the only reason to spend your time watching these types of shows. It's fun to see things that were close to your heart during the 90s be showcased here: for example, I was ecstatic to see anything relating to videogaming. Of course there will undeniably some glaring omissions like Star Wars Episode I in a show like this, but it's easily forgivable(And in the case of Episode I, maybe it was for the better, as we were spared brutally unfunny wisecracks about Jar Jar Binks).

Some of the side-segments are also quite nice(Like when Jay & Silent Bob rip on a certain popular TV show from the 90s), but that's it for the positives.

The hosts are, at best, mildly funny/amusing(Chris Jericho and the actors who play the hobbits in the LotR trilogy), and at worst, are flat-out excruciating(Basically anybody else). The jokes are mostly unfunny and sometimes border on being crude and disgusting, and some of the people here have a "I'm-better-than-you", holier-than-thou air to them. Does Michael Ian Black ring a bell?

Oh yeah, how about the dancing baby that basically adorns the show from beginning to end? Trust me, were it not for TV.com user reviews not allowing any words in all caps, you'd be seeing them right now. I normally dislike digital, buffoonish babies in any form, but this show managed to transform that dislike into flat-out hate.

To be honest, this could've been decent if the host weren't such thickheaded douches and if they used something else as the show's mascot instead of the hideous dancing baby. As it stands, it's only worth watching either to see your favorite pop-culture items showcased or if there's honestly nothing else on.

4/10