I Love the New Millennium Forums

Weekdays 9:00 PM on VH1Special

VH1 really dropped the ball on this one!

alanbobet

[1]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 4

Well, VH-1 really screwed up this time. Instead of patiently wauiting until at least the end of 2009 to do "I Love The New Millenium", they couldn't wait and they decided to do it 2 years earlier anyway before the 1st decade of the new millenium was over! And they still mucked it up by not covering the following topics , movies, songs , trends and Tv shows of this decade:

Movies such as the Harry Potter films, Napoleon Dynamite, Harry and Kumar Go to White Castle, the Shrek movies, 28 Days Later, Dawn of The Dead, Shawn of The Dead, Resident Evil, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Chicago, Million Dollar Baby, No Country For Old Men, the Saw movies, the Hostel movies, Hairspray, the Transporter, Mr & Mrs. Smith that united Brad & Angelina, the Oceans 11&12&13 films, War Of The Worlds, Hard Candy, Juno, The Incredibles, Cars, Ice Age, Ratatouille etc

TV shows like Desperate Housewives, The Apprentice, The Osbournes,The L Word, House, NCIS, Dancing With The Stars, Lost. Monk, Bosten Common, Gossip Girl, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy,Projest Runway,DOG, Top Chef, Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica and many others

Events like the 2003 summer blackout, the DUI arrests of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan & Nicole Richie, the death of Anna Nicole Smith, the US invasion of IRAQ, the Miss USA scandal regarding Donald Trump & Rosie O'Donell and others.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jekyll

[2]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 86

Dude, if they included everything you mention, they'd cover each topic for 20 seconds. They only have an hour per year, so they can't do everything.

I'm sure that there'll be another volume to cover more things--there's multiple for 70s, 80s, and 90s, there no reason to think the 00s won't get another, likely after 2009.

TheDiamondDog

[3]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 61

They included some stuff I thought could of been left out. C'mon, guy liner?

I was upset that they talked about William Hung, but didn't discuss Sanjaya. I thought How dare they!

But they did leave a lot of important stuff out. But that is true. They can't include everything. Which is why they did it too soon. I think we remember way too much, so stuff we thought was important that wasn't included will upset us.

chowder23

[4]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 22
    I think they did do the apprentise

jekyll

[5]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 86
    chowder23 wrote:
    They didn't, though my (and I'm guessing others' on-screen guide erroneously listed that anyway.

TheDiamondDog

[6]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 61

jekyll wrote:
    chowder23 wrote:
    They didn't, though my (and I'm guessing others' on-screen guide erroneously listed that anyway.

Oh yeah, that's right. It was listed.

meatboys

[7]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 20

They can't do EVERYTHING that happened in the new milennium

Sara_Marie_41

[8]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 18
    alanbobet wrote:

Well, VH-1 really screwed up this time. Instead of patiently wauiting until at least the end of 2009 to do "I Love The New Millenium", they couldn't wait and they decided to do it 2 years earlier anyway before the 1st decade of the new millenium was over! And they still mucked it up by not covering the following topics , movies, songs , trends and Tv shows of this decade:

Movies such as the Harry Potter films, Napoleon Dynamite, Harry and Kumar Go to White Castle, the Shrek movies, 28 Days Later, Dawn of The Dead, Shawn of The Dead, Resident Evil, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Chicago, Million Dollar Baby, No Country For Old Men, the Saw movies, the Hostel movies, Hairspray, the Transporter, Mr & Mrs. Smith that united Brad & Angelina, the Oceans 11&12&13 films, War Of The Worlds, Hard Candy, Juno, The Incredibles, Cars, Ice Age, Ratatouille etc

TV shows like Desperate Housewives, The Apprentice, The Osbournes,The L Word, House, NCIS, Dancing With The Stars, Lost. Monk, Bosten Common, Gossip Girl, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy,Projest Runway,DOG, Top Chef, Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica and many others

Events like the 2003 summer blackout, the DUI arrests of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan & Nicole Richie, the death of Anna Nicole Smith, the US invasion of IRAQ, the Miss USA scandal regarding Donald Trump & Rosie O'Donell and others.

I know the A*Teens and Tiffany Pollard were M.I.A., I mean come on remember the A*Teens were genuis, I know they were more famous overseas where they're from, and Pollard... remember the spit see around the world.
    Edited on 08/23/2008 8:41am

escritora84

[9]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    My thought is that maybe when it's time for "2008" and "2009", they'll start rolling out the "I Love The New Millennium - Part II" episodes (or whatever they'll call it....) right afterward. Either way, it was just way too soon for this. I usually love these shows but man....

10outof10

[10]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 14
    jekyll wrote:

Dude, if they included everything you mention, they'd cover each topic for 20 seconds. They only have an hour per year, so they can't do everything.

I'm sure that there'll be another volume to cover more things--there's multiple for 70s, 80s, and 90s, there no reason to think the 00s won't get another, likely after 2009.

thats true but they really should have left some things they metioned out and added things that were way popular in. for example, Napoleon Dynamite is way more important to 2004 than Ken Jennings. COME ON!

Water78

[11]Jul 14, 2009
    • level: 47
    Sara_Marie_41 wrote:
    alanbobet wrote:

I know the A*Teens and Tiffany Pollard were M.I.A., I mean come on remember the A*Teens were genuis, I know they were more famous overseas where they're from, and Pollard... remember the spit see around the world.

A*Teens just covered ABBA. If you notice the "A" stands for ABBA

Sara_Marie_41

[12]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 18
    Water78 wrote:
    Sara_Marie_41 wrote:
    alanbobet wrote:

A*Teens just covered ABBA. If you notice the "A" stands for ABBA

I know that, but they had a success after ABBA. As for Triffany Pollard, she had gotten her own shows. I pointed it out in my video response on YouTube.