I Spy

Home to Judgement

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 08, 1968 on NBC

• Robert Culp wrote seven episodes for the series (including the pilot). All are among the best the series has to offer. This one is the best -- It is genuinely tense and suspenseful.

Robert Culp wrote seven episodes for the series (including the pilot). All are among the best the series has to offer. This one is the best -- It is genuinely tense and suspenseful. Gone is the spy fantasy world of fast cars and fast women. All that's left are two guys running for their lives and wondering if this insane career path is about to end violently.

The episode starts in the middle and never takes time for a flashback to explain who the bad guys are or what they are up to. A lesser script would have dropped in a flashback that would have slowed down the suspense. There are no car chases or fight scenes. Instead the episode relies on a driving story and the solid acting of Culp and Cosby. I'm amazed that these guys chruned out so many episodes in three years and still had time to put so much into this episode. I've seen high budget movies of this genre that don't come close to the energy in Home to Judgement.

The closing shot is memorable and says much more visually than any words could capture.

I remember this show was on when I was a kid. I would lay up in bed, crack my door andlisten to the cool theme song every Wednesday night before I fell asleep. I'm glad I got to see this amazing show now.