Episode 208 (08/05/09) Season 2 Final

etching

[1]Aug 6, 2009
    • level: 22
    Wow, didn't realize the season final was tonight. Five people left, so four people gone tonight. It should have been next week, as the two team competitions were limited to one game each instead of the normal two. Anyway, a lot to squeeze into two hours but here goes...

In the first team event (Dude! Where's My Luggage), the Green Tigers grabbed the most luggage and won once again 24-17. Brent was wearing boxing gloves so he would have been better off just falling down and clearing the ramp of the non-luggage debris, IMHO. Man, there was a ton of crap coming down that ramp!

Megan and Justin faced off in the Elimination Round (Balloon Assault) and Justin popped more balloons to win 31-23, sending Megan home.

In the second team event (You Stand Still No You Stand Still), Brent moved over to the Red Robots to make it girls vs. guys. The Green Tigers won again as Linda and Cathy completed the task faster (1:44 to 2:16).

Brent and Justin faced off in the Elimination Round (T-shirt of Torture) and Justin solved the phrase first ("I need to win this game to be safe"), sending Brent home. Too bad, I wanted Brent to advance over Justin.

So the Final Three was Linda, Cathy, and Justin. They competed in "Making New Friends In Japan", just like in last year's season final, except there were four people competing in it last season instead of three this year. In a close finish, Cathy got to the tower just ahead of Justin, sending Justin home. Great line by Linda (I think), getting people to stay together for the Chorus Line task "is like herding cats"...

Linda and Cathy faced off in the Super Majide final. Linda transported the 10 bento boxes first, but Cathy completed the five squids first to regain the lead. Cathy finished the paint filling task first and became the $250,000 winner this season.

Congrats Cathy! I'm glad that Cathy won --- she definitely deserved it. The Green Tigers won 7-2 overall, but Cathy had a incredible 16-0 record in team tasks since she was on the Red Robots the two weeks they won. It was a good season final but I wish it was next week so that the season final had four people in it instead of five...
    Edited on 08/07/2009 10:11am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ElmoKajaky

[2]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 8
    Great finale, and grats to Cathy!

SludgeVohaul

[3]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 7
    I was really glad that Cathy won since she never lost during the entire season, great job for her. This show is always just a fun show for me to watch, though I try not to care too much about it since the set up has always bothered me a little. I know most of the games wouldn't work unless you have even numbered teams, but I've always thought it's a rip off how the losing team gets members from the winning team. That punishes a team for winning. I thought it was dumb how Justin made it so far when he one like one game the entire season.

Still, at least Linda and Cathy were in the final two. They were the best players.

etching

[4]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 22
    SludgeVohaul wrote:
    but I've always thought it's a rip off how the losing team gets members from the winning team. That punishes a team for winning. I thought it was dumb how Justin made it so far when he one like one game the entire season.

Keep in mind, though, the losing team doesn't get to pick who they want from the winning team. So the losing team gets whoever the winning team doesn't like or want. Sending Megan from the Green Tigers was a good move, but sending Cathy obviously wasn't. Actually, both teams erred by sending Cathy packing twice...

The Red Robots blew it big time the week Drew was sent home. Jamie should have picked Dan or Justin to face off in the Elimination Round.

KollinNaples

[5]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 3
    Really enjoyed this season of ISAJGS. Congrats to Cathy, for winning the show.
    Edited on 08/09/2009 11:20am