What is with Japanese and Milk?

davinp

[1]Jul 30, 2009
    • level: 8

What is with Japanese and Milk? I've noticed serveral of the games they've played involved milk. Do japanese love milk?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DOMOJITA

[2]Jul 30, 2009
    • level: 18
    thay must love it becouse thay shure are useing it alot even iam like wth is with the milk and the sour milk is just nasty.

EnigmaXII

[3]Jul 31, 2009
    • level: 8

I don't know if they are obsessed with milk or not, but they sure do have damn good commercials promoting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKVY190fFt4

andyphantom9

[4]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    well, milk is a good drink 2 enhance ur physical features after all...

lyokophantom

[5]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 36
    Those commercials were awesome. Really good. Maybe they needed a liquid for a lot of their games and milk seemed like the good choice. You can see the color unlike clear water and it's not sticky like soda. Also you can use it good or spoiled. And when you think of milk you think of different characters like cats, babies and cows.
    Edited on 11/18/2009 6:42pm

the-tester

[6]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 15
    davinp wrote:

Do japanese love milk?

As a matter of fact many Japanese have problems to digest milk due to different intestinal flora... Milk is actually very healthy, but people in Japan do not like it to much cause of stinky fa**s after digesting. Also, milk not a "traditional" Japanese food.

When I think of my mother (who is Japanese), I can see her rather splashing milk into a helmet-bucket than into her stomach... ;-)

Zelda_of_Arel

[7]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    I'm lactose intollerant, so I did a bit of research on the subject. Normally adults in any animal species are unable to digest milk, except for cats. Among humans, whites are the most able to digest it. Black people have the lowest rate, with over 90% intollerant. Also, East-Asians have high percentages of intolerancy as well. However, this is ignored by most companies. Most medicines have lactose in them and so do some other products that you may be surprised about. They say that soy or rice milk would be okay, but I'm not sure as I had rice milk only once and it was awful, like ground dust. Also, soy is bad for people with thyroid problems and in some other cases as well, so it's not as healthy as many people would think. Where I live, you can only get lactose-free milk and no other milk product, like yoghurt. Some claim that yoghurt is okay, I only know that I get sick from one spoon of it.