I Survived a Japanese Game Show

ABC (ended 2009)

I Survived a Japanese Game Show Fan Reviews (17)

• Go back! What was that? Was that an adult dressed like a baby, spinning around holding milk?

The very first season of Japanese Game show was funny and a new idea on ABC. The show started with 10 Contestants divided into two teams of five, The green monkeys and Yellow Penguins. The 10 contestants came from different backgrounds, they were Justin, Donnell, Meghan, Bilenda, Andrew, Cathy, Mary, Darcy, Olga and Ben.

The Yellow Penguins pretty much dominated the whole game. Winning 4 out of the 6 games, and eliminating almost the whole green team. Which led to the Final Four; Justin, Donnell, Meghan, and Bilenda. In the 2 hour finale the two ladies were eliminated leaving Justin and Donnell to battle it out. Justin won the final course to become the first winner of "I survived a Japanese Gameshow". The show was very entertaining and well done. Not only was it a gameshow, but it gave us a look at the japanese culture, with the prizes the winners go and punishment the losers got. It was a great fill in show, when regular shows are on hiatus. I would love to see it come back for a 2nd season!