I Want To Be a Hilton

Episode 1

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jun 21, 2005 on NBC

5.3
  • Too many of these shows... But...!

7.9
    I can see why people would hate this show. It just follows the extreme-makeover/queer-eye-for-the-straight-guy-wave. By this time most Americans would be sick and tired of these shows, but in a natrual look \'I Want To Be A Hilton\' isn\'t that bad. In fact, it\'s one of the better.
    \'Oh no, not ANOTHER Hilton on the screen!\', you might think - and hate the show for the same reason - but keep in mind that \'The Simple Life\' and \'I Want To Be A Hilton\' appeal to different types of people - some even say different ages, which basicly is true.

In the show two teams of equally many men and women have to compete against each other in \'good maners\'. A lot like the show \'Beauty and the Geek\', the idea behind the show is to \'educate\' the viewers. That is mainly why I don\'t hate shows like these.

Where I come from, we have a show-off type of guy who published a book on how to behave and... well... become a man, a gentleman. It did good for a lot of people, and seeing as books aren\'t exactly most Americans cup-of-tea, this show just might be!

Personally I think what they are taught on the show is indeed useful and as for the pilot episode, I loved the way the first competition was staged.

Off course it all comes down to taste, but the show has done it\'s best to be accepted by the general public.