iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

#510-511 "iShock America" Episode Discussion

  • Avatar of marcdragicevic

    marcdragicevic

    [41]Sep 30, 2012
    • member since: 09/26/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 4,248
    That's true, wonder if it was Dan's decision or Nick.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alexspotsme

    alexspotsme

    [42]Sep 30, 2012
    • member since: 08/28/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 338
    Probably Nick, because Jimmy Fallon isn't part of Nickelodeon.

    I'm also not too fond of having all the episodes airing in the next two months between October and November. We don't even know what date the finale will broadcast.

    Also, I like how Nick made these next 9 episodes advertised as a new but "Final" Season. Doesn't make it any more better that this IS the final season. So now we got 7 seasons. Beating the horse are they?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [43]Sep 30, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    alexspotsme wrote:
    Probably Nick, because Jimmy Fallon isn't part of Nickelodeon.

    I'm also not too fond of having all the episodes airing in the next two months between October and November. We don't even know what date the finale will broadcast.

    Also, I like how Nick made these next 9 episodes advertised as a new but "Final" Season. Doesn't make it any more better that this IS the final season. So now we got 7 seasons. Beating the horse are they?
    Lol, I noticed that too. Nick really needs to be ashamed of itself, but damn iCarly, seven seasons .

    And yea, Nick probably changed the title.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [44]Sep 30, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    I also just went on Wikipedia. Its official there. iCarly will end with 7 seasons xDDD.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Huntley

    Huntley

    [45]Oct 2, 2012
    • member since: 01/09/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 163

    Yeah, I was rather surprised to see the Wikipedia page list seven seasons of the show rather than six. I figured Nick were going to pull off the "Season Premiere" gig with the next episode because of the four month hiatus since the previous episode which aired all the way back towards mid-June. I found it to be a very stupid thing on Nick's part considering they're splitting of a set of 15 episodes here. It made sense when they did with the Season 2 cycle of 45 episodes, but not in this case. They should have not proclaimed "iShock America" as the start of a new season. In honor of the broadcast cycle, Wikipedia lists seven seasons though I wanted to make an exception with how Nick promoted this set of episodes apart from what they did with "Season 3" because of the small amount of episodes and how even smaller Season 6 looks with just the six that aired earlier this year. So it made sense to just keep all the 15 episodes listed as one and just say "iShock America" was proclaimed as a new season, but besides Nick's promotion I came across the show's official Facebook page and a video of the episode on the iCarly.com website which both displays the episode being the "season premiere". So I brought up a suggestion to merge in the Season 6 episodes in with the S5 count so that S6 didn't look so damn small, but in honor of the opening intros also proclaiming a new season (as was with "Season 3"), it finally came to me that we were better off having seven broadcast seasons listed. It's rather ridiculous, as now the episodes each season just gets smaller and smaller until the last season:


    Season 1 - 25 episodes (actual number: 25 episodes)


    Season 2 - 25 episodes (actual number: 20 episodes)


    Season 3 - 20 episodes (actual number: 18 episodes)


    Season 4 - 13 episodes (actual number: 9 episodes)


    Season 5 - 11 episodes (actual number: 10 episodes)


    Season 6 - 6 episodes (actual number: 6 episodes)


    Season 7 - 9 episodes (actual number: 7 episodes)


    I have to say, Dan sure screwed this show up regarding it's season episode count when he approached the fourth season. He should have shot all of S4's 26 episodes at the time, shooting the last 13 back-to-back with Season 2 of "Victorious" rather than just splitting it off after the first half. Season 5 would have likely been the last season airing a set of episodes over the course of the 2011-12 year and concluding the show by the summer.

    Edited on 10/02/2012 1:00am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [46]Oct 2, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    Huntley wrote:

    Yeah, I was rather surprised to see the Wikipedia page list seven seasons of the show rather than six. I figured Nick were going to pull off the "Season Premiere" gig with the next episode because of the four month hiatus since the previous episode which aired all the way back towards mid-June. I found it to be a very stupid thing on Nick's part considering they're splitting of a set of 15 episodes here. It made sense when they did with the Season 2 cycle of 45 episodes, but not in this case. They should have not proclaimed "iShock America" as the start of a new season. In honor of the broadcast cycle, Wikipedia lists seven seasons though I wanted to make an exception with how Nick promoted this set of episodes apart from what they did with "Season 3" because of the small amount of episodes and how even smaller Season 6 looks with just the six that aired earlier this year. So it made sense to just keep all the 15 episodes listed as one and just say "iShock America" was proclaimed as a new season, but besides Nick's promotion I came across the show's official Facebook page and a video of the episode on the iCarly.com website which both displays the episode being the "season premiere". So I brought up a suggestion to merge in the Season 6 episodes in with the S5 count so that S6 didn't look so damn small, but in honor of the opening intros also proclaiming a new season (as was with "Season 3"), it finally came to me that we were better off having seven broadcast seasons listed. It's rather ridiculous, as now the episodes each season just gets smaller and smaller until the last season:


    Season 1 - 25 episodes (actual number: 25 episodes)


    Season 2 - 25 episodes (actual number: 20 episodes)


    Season 3 - 20 episodes (actual number: 18 episodes)


    Season 4 - 13 episodes (actual number: 9 episodes)


    Season 5 - 11 episodes (actual number: 10 episodes)


    Season 6 - 6 episodes (actual number: 6 episodes)


    Season 7 - 9 episodes (actual number: 7 episodes)


    I have to say, Dan sure screwed this show up regarding it's season episode count when he approached the fourth season. He should have shot all of S4's 26 episodes at the time, shooting the last 13 back-to-back with Season 2 of "Victorious" rather than just splitting it off after the first half. Season 5 would have likely been the last season airing a set of episodes over the course of the 2011-12 year and concluding the show by the summer.

    I agree with you. Although I don't think S4's episode count was as bad as S5-Present. 13 episodes is one of the typical episodes in an average season of a show. I DO think it should have been 26 episodes, but Nick's shitty advertising and Dan having to split production between months, kinda messed up things. I think the fault all goes back to the messed up production for S2. Who would order 45 episodes for one season of a live action show? For most, 45 episodes is a little more than half a series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marcdragicevic

    marcdragicevic

    [47]Oct 3, 2012
    • member since: 09/26/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 4,248
    Talking about wikipedia, does anyone know why the movies episodes are now counted as one for iCarly and Victorious?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Huntley

    Huntley

    [48]Oct 3, 2012
    • member since: 01/09/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 163

    teenj12 wrote:
    I agree with you. Although I don't think S4's episode count was as bad as S5-Present. 13 episodes is one of the typical episodes in an average season of a show.


    Although production-wise, S4 has more episodes than S5 but airing-wise, S5 has more episodes. For S4, take out the crossover special and count "iStar a Fan War" as one episode you have nine episodes. With S5, count "iStill Psycho" as one episode and you have ten. And yeah, 13 episodes is typical, but it's usually for starting seasons and last over the course of three or so months. iCarly had that in it's fourth season and was stretched out a whole ten months.


    teenj12 wrote:
    I DO think it should have been 26 episodes, but Nick's shitty advertising and Dan having to split production between months, kinda messed up things.


    Rather than splitting up S3 production of iCarly (that would air as S4), he should have decided to shoot the last half back-to-back with S2 filming of Victorious. Then at least the 2010-11 season would have had a full set of episodes. I don't know why he didn't think to do that at that point in time, but decides to do it earlier this year.


    teenj12 wrote:
    I think the fault all goes back to the messed up production for S2. Who would order 45 episodes for one season of a live action show? For most, 45 episodes is a little more than half a series.


    I'm not sure Nick ordered that many. They couldn't have because they usually order around 13-26 episodes. iCarly was still new by April 2008 when the S2 production started so why would why order that many episodes? Dan admitted on a blog that they had an insane schedule and just couldn't stop shooting episodes, so that gave me the impression that they unintentionally wrote and shot double what they should have and finally decided to call it quits by August 2009 when Nick had already aired half the season. They had like 20 left over to air over the course of the 2009-10 year so they were like "Hey, let's market this the third season".


    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Talking about wikipedia, does anyone know why the movies episodes are now counted as one for iCarly and Victorious?


    I noticed that on the Victorious episodes, but the iCarly ones have not been changed.

    Edited on 10/03/2012 12:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [49]Oct 3, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    Huntley wrote:

    teenj12 wrote:
    I agree with you. Although I don't think S4's episode count was as bad as S5-Present. 13 episodes is one of the typical episodes in an average season of a show.


    Although production-wise, S4 has more episodes than S5 but airing-wise, S5 has more episodes. For S4, take out the crossover special and count "iStar a Fan War" as one episode you have nine episodes. With S5, count "iStill Psycho" as one episode and you have ten. And yeah, 13 episodes is typical, but it's usually for starting seasons and last over the course of three or so months. iCarly had that in it's fourth season and was stretched out a whole ten months.


    Meh, your riight about that being a long period of time between 13 episodes, but that too is normal. Look at Teen Titans years ago. Every season was 13 episodes and it would air over a good chunk of the year.

    I do see what you mean about the 9 actual episodes thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alexspotsme

    alexspotsme

    [50]Oct 6, 2012
    • member since: 08/28/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 338
    Seasons 1 - 3 and the first half of Season 4 were heaven. After the last half of Season 4 began, it all went downhill. iCarly really got the boot in Nickelodeon's advertising and stuff. Less episodes were being made because of many endeavors; Nickelodeon itself, Victorious also being in production, Miranda going on tour, etc. So, lots of hiatus moments. And not to mention, 2011 felt like a shitty year for me.

    Nonetheless, I'm reading to watch these last 9 episodes of one of my favorite TV show. At least were getting new episodes; better now than never.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 83optics

    83optics

    [52]Oct 6, 2012
    • member since: 05/30/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 290

    learned:


    * rubbing little Gibby...


    * so i'm guessing Mel Gibson won't ever guest-star on this show.


    * never eat street meat.


    * i'm not gonna chill anymore, i'm gonna heat!: line of the night


    * massive Seinfeld nostalgia arrow

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BrookeParker

    BrookeParker

    [53]Oct 6, 2012
    • member since: 06/16/12
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 254
    I figured yall would post hours earlier, needless to type. It was nice, funny, and decent. Jimmy was som'n else, lol, and nice cameo by Tina Fey. Also, it was kinda outta character for CARLY to blame Gibby for the incident, but typical of Sam. And America blaming Jimmy? Come on! Oh, but for some reason, Carly and Sam blame themselves. Nice Jimmy Fallon show and Seinfeld spoof, and rendition of the theme song. I didn't really think about that it was the ACTUAL SHOW'S theme song. There were some other things I thought about, of course. Overall, nice special and start to season 6! Or, should I say "season"? Lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alexspotsme

    alexspotsme

    [54]Oct 6, 2012
    • member since: 08/28/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 338
    This was actually a really good episode/special. Great moments in the show tonight, and Jimmy Fallon himself was really cool. I gotta watch more of his show at night.

    Man, I can't stop saying how amazing it was tonight. Great lines, character chemistry, just everything. The feeling of this show was way over the top, and I wish we can see more of that in the next 6-7 episodes to air.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [55]Oct 6, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    So tonight's episode was pretty awesome. Did not expect for the show to come out and say that Gibby's private area was exposed XD. I guess since everyone's seen his upper body so many times when he used to take off his shirt, the writers thought, "hey, why not show off the bottom half?" xPPPPPPP.

    Jimmy Fallon did really good. His acting felt natural. Also loved the Tina Fey appearance . That was funny. So were Gibby and Spencer's girlfriend having an affair? Lol.

    Baggles returned!!!!!! So, the only thing is the ending. I liked it , but idk, I felt more should have happened .

    Also, does Carly have puking problems? Seriously xD.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nicknameless101

    nicknameless101

    [56]Oct 7, 2012
    • member since: 05/29/08
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 1,028

    It was a cool episode, although I really didn't expect Gibby to accidentally flash his private area. I was totally shocked. From seeing Carly vomit at least twice from the incident, it seems that the idea that nudity can be nauseating is, indeed, true.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Huntley

    Huntley

    [57]Oct 7, 2012
    • member since: 01/09/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 163

    BrookeParker wrote:
    There were some other things I thought about, of course. Overall, nice special and start to season 6! Or, should I say "season"? Lol.


    Season 6 started back in March with the "iApril Fools" episode. We should still be on S6, but for some strange reason Nick decided to split it and market these last nine episodes as a new season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [58]Oct 7, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    Huntley wrote:

    BrookeParker wrote:
    There were some other things I thought about, of course. Overall, nice special and start to season 6! Or, should I say "season"? Lol.


    Season 6 started back in March with the "iApril Fools" episode. We should still be on S6, but for some strange reason Nick decided to split it and market these last nine episodes as a new season.

    Yea...so now we're technically on Season 7 xD.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BrookeParker

    BrookeParker

    [59]Oct 7, 2012
    • member since: 06/16/12
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 254
    Right! Couldn't really remember.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nbbgirl12

    nbbgirl12

    [60]Oct 8, 2012
    • member since: 10/02/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 98

    I've heard rumors that iGoodbye, theseries finale,is going to air next month..but I could be wrong. I have to be honest, iShock America was a disappointment, tome at least.I thought it was pretty disgusting and inapropriate of Dan to feature that kind of humor when there are really young kids that watch this show.I kinda feel like the conclusion of the episode was really rushed. It was like, they need to make up 500,000 dollars and they are in a huge crisis and Carly is vomitting into random peoples hats..and all of a sudden BAM! they go onto the Jimmy Fallon show the next day and BOOM! there you go. they made over$500,000 in donations. I mean, come on. Dan really rushed the plot on this one. There isn't really much that happened in between them needing to make $500,000 and then all of sudden getting it from donations from fans. It was sort of lame and overrated and I feel like Dan could have put a lot more effort into writing the overall plot. But thats just my opinion..

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.