iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

About the Generation Love video during icarly....

  • Avatar of RemDiamond

    RemDiamond

    [21]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 238
    I don't agree with you that they agreed to show the entire video. You don't know what they agreed to do either. And it sounds like they did show the entire video on Teen Nick today. I don't dispute that if they were going to air it, they probably should have shown the entire thing. My problem is the entitlement I see from fans and from Jennette. They didn't have to do anything. Her record label didn't pay for the spot; Nick was being generous. Nick showed her last video once. It is more than I would have done as the head honcho. If she wanted her videos aired on Nick, she should have signed with their label. She decided she wanted to go in a different direction. She can't complain about the negative aspects of being with a different label when she wanted to do that on her own for her own reasons. She's getting plenty of exposure by her own label. I realize her fans think she is the star of the show and is the best thing since slice bread. However, the reality is she is part of the supporting cast. Jennette isn't slighted anymore than the rest of the cast or any other supporting actor in any Nick show. Miranda is billed as the star and treated as not only the star but the lead for the network.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [22]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    RemDiamond wrote:
    I don't agree with you that they agreed to show the entire video. You don't know what they agreed to do either. And it sounds like they did show the entire video on Teen Nick today. I don't dispute that if they were going to air it, they probably should have shown the entire thing. My problem is the entitlement I see from fans and from Jennette. They didn't have to do anything. Her record label didn't pay for the spot; Nick was being generous. Nick showed her last video once. It is more than I would have done as the head honcho. If she wanted her videos aired on Nick, she should have signed with their label. She decided she wanted to go in a different direction. She can't complain about the negative aspects of being with a different label when she wanted to do that on her own for her own reasons. She's getting plenty of exposure by her own label. I realize her fans think she is the star of the show and is the best thing since slice bread. However, the reality is she is part of the supporting cast. Jennette isn't slighted anymore than the rest of the cast or any other supporting actor in any Nick show. Miranda is billed as the star and treated as not only the star but the lead for the network.
    Nick said they would all that day.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hurr05

    hurr05

    [23]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 04/10/11
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,037

    teenj12 wrote:
    MrMcAwesomeman wrote:


    frontman19 wrote:


    She posted "Yo kids did @NickelodeonTV really just air 30 seconds of my music video?" but then deleted it, still she was very upset and started a campaign to get #nickplayjennettesfullvideo to be a trending topic and favorited a lot of anti-nick tweets. I'm pretty mad at Nick too right now and I think she has every right to be upset. Nick advertised that they'd be playing the whole video...they didn't, they spelled her name wrong on Brainsurge, it's just pitiful how she gets stiffed by the station. She deserves a lot more respect than she gets.



    Thank you SO MUCH for posting the deleted tweet! I too was very upset. I also joined the #nickplayjennettesfullvideo trend. I agree, she does deserve a lot more respect.


    I got a twitter, I'm a join too. Shiiiiit!
    lmfaooo!!! (i'm laughing at the last word btw )

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RemDiamond

    RemDiamond

    [24]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 238
    It was misleading of Nick or maybe it was a mistake but still doesn't justify her actions.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RemDiamond

    RemDiamond

    [25]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 238
    Plus, they did premiere it; they just didn't premiere the video in its entirety.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pscf3

    pscf3

    [26]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 06/30/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,696
    LOL at both of your last two post. ( You were joking, right?)

    t
    RemDiamond wrote:
    It was misleading of Nick or maybe it was a mistake but still doesn't justify her actions.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [27]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970

    I don't really know what everybody has said already, I kind of skimmed over a lot of posts... Okay, anybody find this ironic that these supporters of "Generation Love" are tweeting such angry messages??


    Well, I think Nickelodeon should have at least told Jennette or the fans that they would just show part of it. I don't understand what the point would be of showing a few seconds of the video if they weren't going to show all of it later. Either don't show it at all, or show the whole thing. It just makes Nickelodeon sound dishonest and I found it pointless. People aren't going to see the entire message out of that small clip of it.


    We all know that what she did was not the best way to handle it. It doesn't really make me lose any respect I've had for her. I guess with the stress of mother's cancer coming back and just the build up of her not getting enough recognition, she just kind of exploded. I don't really think she meant to cuss Miranda out, but she validated her anger through favoriting and RTing everything favoring her. I think one of the reasons I'd let this slide is because she's never been seen as being mean or stuck up before, and it sounds like a one time thing she will regret later on. I'm not trying to make up excuses for her but some people are taking her twitter out of proportion.

    Edited on 04/24/2011 7:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [28]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

    I don't really know what everybody has said already, I kind of skimmed over a lot of posts... Okay, anybody find this ironic that these supporters of "Generation Love" are tweeting such angry messages??


    Well, I think Nickelodeon should have at least told Jennette or the fans that they would just show part of it. I don't understand what the point would be of showing a few seconds of the video if they weren't going to show all of it later. Either don't show it at all, or show the whole thing. It just makes Nickelodeon sound dishonest and I found it pointless. People aren't going to see the entire message out of that small clip of it.


    We all know that what she did was not the best way to handle it. It doesn't really make me lose any respect I've had for her. I guess with the stress of mother's cancer coming back and just the build up of her not getting enough recognition, she just kind of exploded. I don't really think she meant to cuss Miranda out, but she validated her anger through favoriting and RTing everything favoring her. I think one of the reasons I'd let this slide is because she's never been seen as being mean or stuck up before, and it sounds like a one time thing she will regret later on. I'm not trying to make up excuses for her but some people are taking her twitter out of proportion.


    Wait, she CUSSED Miranda out?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [29]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970
    No, she favorited tweets that did so. Jennette favorited almost every tweet towards her. Not gonna lie though, I laughed at the one she favorited that said "swagga a**" in it. From what it seems, Jennette and Miranda get along great. I don't think she'd be mad at Miranda. At least she shouldn't be, Miranda is not to blame at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [30]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    No, she favorited tweets that did so. Jennette favorited almost every tweet towards her. Not gonna lie though, I laughed at the one she favorited that said "swagga a**" in it. From what it seems, Jennette and Miranda get along great. I don't think she'd be mad at Miranda. At least she shouldn't be, Miranda is not to blame at all.
    LOL! Its true though, Nick is the fault here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RemDiamond

    RemDiamond

    [31]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 238
    I'm not ready to give her a pass. Even if Nick was wrong, which I don't believe, I don't believe there is any justification or excuse for such immature, petty behavior. Especially ones that slam Miranda or others that work at Nick. If it was an emotional response, she should have gotten over it by now. This was favored by her about 45 minutes ago.

    SeddieDudes8 Syd
    @jennettemccurdy that's so jank of how ur music video only got 30 seconds on nick! Sam makes their top tv show icarly a hit! U make the show

    Very egotistical and insulting to all of her cast mates. I've unfollowed her on twitter and have lost respect for her. She hasn't deleted them or apologized. She continues to be a poor example to her young fans by teaching them to be disrespectful.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [32]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    RemDiamond wrote:
    I'm not ready to give her a pass. Even if Nick was wrong, which I don't believe, I don't believe there is any justification or excuse for such immature, petty behavior. Especially ones that slam Miranda or others that work at Nick. If it was an emotional response, she should have gotten over it by now. This was favored by her about 45 minutes ago.

    SeddieDudes8 Syd
    @jennettemccurdy that's so jank of how ur music video only got 30 seconds on nick! Sam makes their top tv show icarly a hit! U make the show

    Very egotistical and insulting to all of her cast mates. I've unfollowed her on twitter and have lost respect for her. She hasn't deleted them or apologized. She continues to be a poor example to her young fans by teaching them to be disrespectful.

    If anyone was disrespectful it was NICK. Jennette had EVERY right to do what she did.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RemDiamond

    RemDiamond

    [33]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/14/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 238
    She had every right to insult Miranda? Okay, why? Miranda had absolutely nothing to do with the video. Her respect and working relationship with a cast mate should take precedence of having hurt feelings.

    Her outburst is ridiculous. No need to retweet and favor comments about boycotting the network. Hello, her show still airs on it. It is juvenile even if she is right about the video. Two wrongs don't make a right. That kind of unprofessional behavior may come back to haunt her. It is inappropriate to egg the fans on by demonstrating such poor judgment and restraint.

    I won't condone it and I wouldn't condone it if any of the cast members were in the same situation. It is petty and immature.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [34]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970

    @teenj:


    True, but Jennette is also adding fuel to the fire by favoriting these tweets. It's making people continue to tweet these types of messages, because they want Jennette to favorite their tweet. I'd say everybody is at fault here, Jennette, her angry fans, and Nickelodeon. However, Jennette has never been an egotistical person, and I don't see her becoming one either.


    Remember when she favorited that tweet about Jennette getting bored of playing Sam? She's said recently she wouldn't want to play any other character than Sam, and has shown appreciation towards Sam and iCarly in interviews.


    I just can't take the favorited tweets seriously. I can see the whole thing being forgiven and forgotten about soon like the Jennette/Shane Dawson/Michael Buckley incident.


    EDIT: Okay, RemDiamond beat me to the point. The whole twitter thing is still immature. But I do not see Jennette thinking of herself as being "above" her castmates or Nickelodeon. She's always been grateful for everything Nickelodeon has given her before. She was even super excited about getting a KCA blimp, even though it's not much of an honor and should not really be a legitimate award.

    Edited on 04/24/2011 9:31pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [35]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

    @teenj:


    True, but Jennette is also adding fuel to the fire by favoriting these tweets. It's making people continue to tweet these types of messages, because they want Jennette to favorite their tweet. I'd say everybody is at fault here, Jennette, her angry fans, and Nickelodeon. Jennette has never been an egotistical person, and I don't see her becoming one either.


    Remember when she favorited that tweet about Jennette getting bored of playing Sam? She's said recently she wouldn't want to play any other character than Sam, and has shown appreciation towards Sam and iCarly in interviews.


    I just can't take the favorited tweets seriously. I can see the whole thing being forgiven and forgotten about soon like the Jennette/Shane Dawson/Michael Buckley incident.


    Vanilla I thought You were on Jennette's side?

    This is completly Nick's fault. She had every right to be mad. Insulting MC is some other ****. I'm not talking about that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KatiePhil

    KatiePhil

    [36]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 01/23/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 49
    lol honestly, i dont think either of them are right in what they did. are doing. jennette shouldn't be petty and should be the bigger person, and nick shouldve directly told us " CHECK THIS OUT ! TONIGHT AT 9:30 WE ARE GOING TO AIR THE FIRST 30 SECONDS OF JENNETTE MCCURDY'S NEW SONG!" that shouldve been stated and jennette mccurdy shouldnt have faved those tweets. and i think some of u are right....she will regret that later.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [37]Apr 24, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970

    @teenj: I don't think what Jennette did was right. I think Jennette could have handled it a different way. Maybe she could promote her video, like say "Nickelodeon didn't show the whole video. But you can see it online here".


    I still forgive her and I still think she's a good person. I'm not on Nickelodeon's side either, they suck at promoting things sometimes. BTR is on Nickelodeon's record label, but Nickelodeon has never played their whole video for "Famous", only parts of it. Then they spread half a season of iCarly over an entire year very poorly, then they have all these sneak peeks and lame promos. All of that is a different story, I just don't like Nickelodeon.


    EDIT AGAIN: KatiePhil beat me to it this time, whom I agree with entirely. (:

    Edited on 04/24/2011 9:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pscf3

    pscf3

    [38]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 06/30/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,696
    Both side messed up in their own ways. End of story.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MrMcAwesomeman

    MrMcAwesomeman

    [39]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/24/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    pscf3 wrote:
    Both side messed up in their own ways. End of story.


    I applaud your conclusion. Well said.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hurr05

    hurr05

    [40]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/10/11
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,037

    I don't really know who's to blame here. You know, I think there's some jealousy going on between the two tv stars. But really, Jennette should have had her music video aired for a longer period of time. That's just disrespectful of Nick. They aired Miranda's "Dancing Crazy" and "Raining Sunshine" and "Kissin U" like HOW MANY TIMES???? That's insane how much they blow her up like that. Jennette might not be the lead of iCarly, but she is very important to the show in so many ways. She certainly makes it worth watching; I mean, her character has so much to it. I've decided...I am on Jennette's side with this one. She's 18 years old, folks. She has the right to say what she wants, and deserves to be treated fairly, no matter what her role on any show is. Miranda makes a freaking 180,000 dollars per episode! Come on Nick, give Jennette something special too. She just gets overshadowed a lot, when she CLEARLY has the better singing voice. Although Miranda had nothing to do with this, it's a loooottttaaa jealousy.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.