iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Anyone else think Sam is a closet Lesbian?

Do you think sam is a lesbian?

  • Avatar of The_Silverfoxx

    The_Silverfoxx

    [1]Dec 4, 2009
    • member since: 02/19/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 117

    Supporting facts.

    Sam like to push people around, possibly from insecurities that LGBT's in the closet have

    Sam is not in a relationship often

    Sam has a masculine personality

    The Psycho Lesbian writing tactic, commonly used in anime, and most notably in Buffy

    Sam is always crushing Freddies crush on Carly, is there an ulterior motive?

    In iPilot, when Freddie said Carly was hot, Sam's response? She looks right at Carly and agrees verbally with Freddie, "You are."

    iThink They Kissed. While loopy from laughing gas at the dentist's, Sam tells Carly she's a "pretty, blurry girl" She toys with Carly's hair a lot, then tried to kiss Carly and only Carly's quick reactions stopped it happening.

    iSpeed Date. where Sam handcuffs Carly to a chair and gags her with duct tape... (O.O innuendo..)

    Opinions?

    Edited on 12/04/2009 8:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KatelynBrissey

    KatelynBrissey

    [2]Dec 4, 2009
    • member since: 09/04/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 154
    I can see where you're coming from, but I think Sam is just a tomboy that uses a lot of defense mechanisms, but I don't think that comes from her having desires to be with other chicks. Girls constantly tell their girl friends they're hot. I can relate to Sam in a lot of ways, and I'm not a lesbian, so that's my reasoning.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of futuramarama

    futuramarama

    [3]Dec 5, 2009
    • member since: 07/12/09
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 4,655
    The_Silverfoxx wrote:

    Supporting facts.

    Sam like to push people around, possibly from insecurities that LGBT's in the closet have

    Sam is not in a relationship often

    Sam has a masculine personality

    The Psycho Lesbian writing tactic, commonly used in anime, and most notably in Buffy

    Sam is always crushing Freddies crush on Carly, is there an ulterior motive?

    In iPilot, when Freddie said Carly was hot, Sam's response? She looks right at Carly and agrees verbally with Freddie, "You are."

    iThink They Kissed. While loopy from laughing gas at the dentist's, Sam tells Carly she's a "pretty, blurry girl" She toys with Carly's hair a lot, then tried to kiss Carly and only Carly's quick reactions stopped it happening.

    iSpeed Date. where Sam handcuffs Carly to a chair and gags her with duct tape... (O.O innuendo..)

    Opinions?

    Her and Carly are friends so a lot of these are just them friends. Like the "You are" in response to freddie saying she is pretty. I see girls do that sometimes at school too.

    iThink they Kissed- She was loopy, she didn't know what she was doing.

    So no I don't think she is.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HaydenAvery

    HaydenAvery

    [4]Dec 5, 2009
    • member since: 07/05/09
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 8,574
    i may hate sam but i know she isnt gay
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NatalieTV100

    NatalieTV100

    [5]Dec 5, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 641
    The_Silverfoxx wrote:

    Supporting facts.

    Sam like to push people around, possibly from insecurities that LGBT's in the closet have

    Sam is not in a relationship often

    Sam has a masculine personality

    The Psycho Lesbian writing tactic, commonly used in anime, and most notably in Buffy

    Sam is always crushing Freddies crush on Carly, is there an ulterior motive?

    In iPilot, when Freddie said Carly was hot, Sam's response? She looks right at Carly and agrees verbally with Freddie, "You are."

    iThink They Kissed. While loopy from laughing gas at the dentist's, Sam tells Carly she's a "pretty, blurry girl" She toys with Carly's hair a lot, then tried to kiss Carly and only Carly's quick reactions stopped it happening.

    iSpeed Date. where Sam handcuffs Carly to a chair and gags her with duct tape... (O.O innuendo..)

    Opinions?

    Sam pushes people around because that's just what she does. It may be annoying sometimes and I agree that it may be due to some insecurities but I don't think it has anything to do with LGBT.

    Neither are most people on the show(with the exception of Spencer). Not dating and being in many relationships doesn't prove that she's a lesbian.

    It's called being a tomboy.

    I didn't know what "Psycho Lesbian" was so I looked it up and I don't think that really explains Sam's feeling towards Carly.

    Haven't you seen the ways she treats Freddie in general? It's all apart of it. It's not a "I want Carly for myself, so I'll crush your feelings for Carly." type thing.

    Girls do that all the time. Just like when they hug and say they love eachother, it's a friendly type thing.

    Like someone said previously, she was loopy. It's almost like being drunk(kind of), it last for was a while, you say and do stuff that you don't mean or that you don't usually say or do, and then eventually you snap out of it.

    I don't really undestand the innuendo(I kind of do but not sure if we're think the same thing), but her purpose for doing that was pretty harmless. She wanted to get Carly a date for the dance.

    So to answer you question not I don't think that Sam is a closet lesbian.

    Edited on 12/05/2009 9:15am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of schillingklaus

    schillingklaus

    [6]Dec 5, 2009
    • member since: 10/20/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,058
    the distinction between straight girls and lesbian ones is flawed and brainless from head to toe
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Aprilshakira

    Aprilshakira

    [7]Dec 5, 2009
    • member since: 11/30/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 898
    What the....? NO. Of course not, and just because someone is a 'tom boy' doesn't mean they're lesbian .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Girlygirl24

    Girlygirl24

    [8]Dec 5, 2009
    • member since: 06/15/09
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 2,233
    nah i dont think shes lesbian
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ollibot284

    ollibot284

    [9]Dec 5, 2009
    • member since: 03/15/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 488
    sam has had many relationships with jonah pete and frankie mernet so she cant be a lesbian d
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fryman1701

    fryman1701

    [10]Dec 6, 2009
    • member since: 11/03/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 403
    and then there was Sam touching Carly's butt while in a dark closet in iScream on Halloween. If that doesn't sound like a huge metaphor.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DPluver2012

    DPluver2012

    [11]Dec 6, 2009
    • member since: 04/01/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 717
    when i read this thred title i LMFAO but no i don't think she is XDD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sockstar

    sockstar

    [12]Dec 6, 2009
    • member since: 06/22/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 489
    She's Bi.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrsfryman1701

    mrsfryman1701

    [13]Dec 7, 2009
    • member since: 12/06/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 14
    Nope, She bats for both teams. That is why she gets pissy when she sees Freddie or Carly with someone.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrsfryman1701

    mrsfryman1701

    [14]Dec 7, 2009
    • member since: 12/06/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 14
    The_Silverfoxx wrote:

    Supporting facts.

    Sam like to push people around, possibly from insecurities that LGBT's in the closet have

    Sam is not in a relationship often

    Sam has a masculine personality

    The Psycho Lesbian writing tactic, commonly used in anime, and most notably in Buffy

    Sam is always crushing Freddies crush on Carly, is there an ulterior motive?

    In iPilot, when Freddie said Carly was hot, Sam's response? She looks right at Carly and agrees verbally with Freddie, "You are."

    iThink They Kissed. While loopy from laughing gas at the dentist's, Sam tells Carly she's a "pretty, blurry girl" She toys with Carly's hair a lot, then tried to kiss Carly and only Carly's quick reactions stopped it happening.

    iSpeed Date. where Sam handcuffs Carly to a chair and gags her with duct tape... (O.O innuendo..)

    Opinions?

    I myself find it hot when she restrains Carly.

    Just because she is a bully and not girly doesn't mean she has a masculine personality, it is simply a way to prevent herself from being hurt.

    To toss out the way she treats Freddie is we always hurt the ones we have crushes on because it is easier to act like we don't like them to prevent being hurt when or if it is found out that the feelings are mutual.

    She is a just a dominant girl who was hurt when her twin sister, the one that she would connect with the most, goes to a private school.

    Finally, why can't another person agree with a statement about the hotness of the same sex.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrsfryman1701

    mrsfryman1701

    [15]Dec 7, 2009
    • member since: 12/06/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 14

    fryman1701 wrote:
    and then there was Sam touching Carly's butt while in a dark closet in iScream on Halloween. If that doesn't sound like a huge metaphor.

    Like I said before but you never listen, she plays both sides of the fence. We like that!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of schillingklaus

    schillingklaus

    [16]Dec 7, 2009
    • member since: 10/20/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,058
    Sam and Melanie have always hated each other.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of taillow22

    taillow22

    [17]Dec 7, 2009
    • member since: 12/16/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,109
    Nahh, I don't think she is. And even if she is, it's not like it's ever going to say it on the show. lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fryman1701

    fryman1701

    [18]Dec 8, 2009
    • member since: 11/03/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 403

    schillingklaus wrote:
    Sam and Melanie have always hated each other.

    Gotta disagree with you. Sam states that she hates talking about Melanie, not that she hates her. Who could blame her for not wanting to talk about her twin that actually got to get away from their mother. I know, this should probably be on the Melanie thread.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheSchwab

    TheSchwab

    [19]Dec 8, 2009
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,239

    mrsfryman1701 wrote:
    Just because she is a bully and not girly doesn't mean she has a masculine personality, it is simply a way to prevent herself from being hurt.

    To toss out the way she treats Freddie is we always hurt the ones we have crushes on because it is easier to act like we don't like them to prevent being hurt when or if it is found out that the feelings are mutual.

    Yep. It's obvious Sam treats Freddie like she does because of this. Seriously the guy Sam want's Freddie is smitten with Sam's best friend Carly. Seriously Sam is afraid of being hurt. She probably thinks there is no way Freddie would have the mutual feelings for her.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Checkpoint24

    Checkpoint24

    [20]Dec 8, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 79
    The_Silverfoxx wrote:

    Supporting facts.

    Sam like to push people around, possibly from insecurities that LGBT's in the closet have

    Sam is not in a relationship often

    Sam has a masculine personality

    The Psycho Lesbian writing tactic, commonly used in anime, and most notably in Buffy

    Sam is always crushing Freddies crush on Carly, is there an ulterior motive?

    In iPilot, when Freddie said Carly was hot, Sam's response? She looks right at Carly and agrees verbally with Freddie, "You are."

    iThink They Kissed. While loopy from laughing gas at the dentist's, Sam tells Carly she's a "pretty, blurry girl" She toys with Carly's hair a lot, then tried to kiss Carly and only Carly's quick reactions stopped it happening.

    iSpeed Date. where Sam handcuffs Carly to a chair and gags her with duct tape... (O.O innuendo..)

    Opinions?

    Haha it would explain Sam's odd habits.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.