iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iGoodbye

  • Avatar of alexspotsme

    alexspotsme

    [181]Dec 5, 2012
    • member since: 08/28/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 338
    I find it no surprise How to Rock is getting booted off in 3 days. The show was interesting at first; till I realized it's just getting redundant. Plus, I can't see their band going anywhere. Makes me kind of glad Big Time Rush didn't perform with them. And Cee Lo didn't help either; you'd expect a huge celebrity guest to boost the ratings. But his 1 hour special only gained 2.1 million views. The episode before this got 2.8. Kids aren't going to know who Cee Lo is (despite appearing in the KCAs 2012). Also, their parent's are more aware of who he is, and they may not like him; so they won't let their kids watch the show with him on it.

    Some people are saying that Fred: The Show is on hiatus, but I really hope that it got canceled. I don't watch his new show (Marvin, Marvin); but it's not fred so it's a little more tolerable.

    Anyways, I'm getting off topic myself. lol Now that iCarly is done; it does give me time to focus more in my college career. Once every other show I watch religiously starts to end, then that focus will become more effective. Then again, new shows like Sam & Cat have that first impression to make me watch another new show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MusicAddictBabe

    MusicAddictBabe

    [182]Dec 17, 2012
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,909
    ^ I agree. I feel like when shows are considering having a guest star appear in an episode, they need to be very careful of who they choose (well, I mean, besides all the obvious reasons). In a way, it has a lot to do with, like, public relations and such (I'm not going into detail with that...not because I don't want to but because that's the one topic that we covered in my Mass Media class that I'm still quite shaky on lol). Like, if it's a show that kids watch, and parents don't like the celebrity that's guest starring, they may not let their kids watch it if it's someone who isn't well-liked (especially for good reason). Same thing goes for guest stars in adult shows too. Now, this is completely opinionated, so, just bare with me. I watch CBS shows a lot and they're really good at reminding their fans of what the next episode of their shows is gonna be like (almost every other commercial is a CBS commercial, in other words). Anyway, I was sitting there with my mom one night while whatever we were watching was on commercial ,and a commercial for the next Two and a Half Men came on. For the record, I don't watch much Two and a Half Men. In fact, about the only times I do are when I just finished watching The Big Bang Theory and don't feel like doing anything else. But anyway, it said how Miley Cyrus was going to be guest starring in the upcoming episode. So, I turned to my mom and joked, "Wow. I'm sure the ratings for that show are gonna plummet after seeing that." Now, before anyone says anything, I didn't say that because I personally have anything against Miley Cyrus. But I know a lot of people do. And in my opinion, having someone guest star in a show when their name's a bit infamous to the public isn't the best idea. To be fair, though, at least it was Two and a Half Men and not something less popular.

    If you don't feel like reading all that, the bottom line is, if producers want their ratings to go up and they plan on using a guest star who has iffy ratings, they probably should at least wait until the show is at its prime or just not have that person guest star at all.

    AS FOR FRED...I really don't like him and hope his show really does get cancelled. That reminds me, though; why does he have two shows if one is considered to be on hiatus?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [183]Dec 18, 2012
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970
    Actually, the episode with Miley Cyrus was one of the highest rated episodes of that season, and she is returning to future episodes. I don't like Miley and I hate Two and a Half Men, but apparently I'm in the minority here.

    I think what Dan is trying to do is thinking he can "save" the show by having these guest stars. If these shows have the opportunity to have a celebrity on their show they take it. I feel like that was what iCarly and HTR was doing. 1D works, because their fanbase is a similar demograhic, but people like the Pawn Stars guys and Cee-Lo aren't exactly going to make all the kids tune in.

    Gosh, Lucas Cruishank(sp?) is not funny and needs to stop being on Nickelodeon. I don't want to watch a tv show about an alien, thank you very much. Better than Fred, but not by much.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [184]Dec 18, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

    Gosh, Lucas Cruishank(sp?) is not funny and needs to stop being on Nickelodeon. I don't want to watch a tv show about an alien, thank you very much. Better than Fred, but not by much.
    This. Its like Nick is trying to make him one of their flagship actors, but it just doesn't work.

    I'd shudder if he ever popped up in one of Dan's shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of UnovaChampion

    UnovaChampion

    [185]Dec 19, 2012
    • member since: 02/26/11
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,224
    He already popped up in iCarly.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pixarprincess

    pixarprincess

    [186]Dec 19, 2012
    • member since: 10/06/09
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,618

    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Gosh, Lucas Cruishank(sp?) is not funny and needs to stop being on Nickelodeon. I don't want to watch a tv show about an alien, thank you very much. Better than Fred, but not by much.


    Yeah, if I want to watch an alien on any tv show, I have Sheldon Cooper.


    Leonard: Come on! We have a combined IQ of 360 we should be able to figure out how to get into a stupid building.
    *Two girls selling cookies ring every bell, the door opens*
    Sheldon: What do you think their combined IQ is ?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [187]Dec 19, 2012
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970
    Haha, well Sheldon is just a poor ol' geek who possibly has Asperger's, giving him non human-like qualities.
    Not a literal alien in the form of a human who isn't really intelligent or funny.

    And Fred/Lucas in iCarly was the absolute WORST episode of iCarly I ever saw.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [188]Dec 19, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    He already popped up in iCarly.

    As a main character I mean.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [189]Dec 19, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    vanillacupcakes wrote:


    And Fred/Lucas in iCarly was the absolute WORST episode of iCarly I ever saw.
    I do agee with this. iMeet Fred had to be the worst iCarly episode ever. and it wasn't even JUST Fred that ruined the episode. It was all the Freddie abuse and the bad message sent to people that you have no right to an opinion, even if its different from other people's.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [190]Dec 19, 2012
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970
    It was the worst message ever. Freddie has the right to believe in whatever he wants, especially when it comes to entertainment. Just because YOU are a fan of something, that doesn't mean you should push your interests/beliefs on other people. It's really annoying, because people are like that with entertainment, hobbies, religion, morals....EVERYTHING. You can believe in what you want, but that doesn't mean you can judge people who don't agree with you. They are legitimately peer pressuring Freddie.

    It goes against the Bird Scene episode of Victorious, where the message is to only listen to yourself and not other peoples' opinions. Although I disagree with that too, because others' input/criticism can be beneficial. I hate the people who are like "Well, it's MY opinion". Yes, and people have the right to criticize and discuss it. No need to be close minded. What if Andre had a suggestion to make Tori's bird scene more believable? Is she just going to say, "I don't need your approval, I'm the only one that matters, and I'M RIGHT". You shouldn't force your opinions onto other people, but you should give other people's opinions a chance. Dan never got that message across.

    Back on topic....the acting was REALLY bad in that episode. Spencer's plot redeemed it, because the magic meatball and the ostrich cracked me up. Lucas has made a lot of money in his past, but making him the new Nickelodeon star is going to make Nickelodeon flop.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marcdragicevic

    marcdragicevic

    [191]Dec 27, 2012
    • member since: 09/26/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 4,248
    Not a fan of Lucas/Fred, but I was really disappointed in Jennette when she starred in his movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [192]Dec 27, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Not a fan of Lucas/Fred, but I was really disappointed in Jennette when she starred in his movie.
    Lmao, well at least she was ONLY in that one movie and never appeared in the sequels or the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [193]Dec 27, 2012
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970
    I kind of liked Jennette's parts when I watched it. I guess the movie wasn't HORRIBLE. I wouldn't watch it again, but I made it through the first time. The movie was kind of dark(alcoholic mother, crazy semi abusive father, isolated by everyone else, throwing a bizarre party for yourself where "everyone" throws up pink chiz,whatever naive mental problem he had, etc). After that movie, all the plots were just stupid and pointless. Not saying the movie was good(it wasn't), but I'll give it a small amount of credit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [194]Dec 28, 2012
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I kind of liked Jennette's parts when I watched it. I guess the movie wasn't HORRIBLE. I wouldn't watch it again, but I made it through the first time. The movie was kind of dark(alcoholic mother, crazy semi abusive father, isolated by everyone else, throwing a bizarre party for yourself where "everyone" throws up pink chiz,whatever naive mental problem he had, etc). After that movie, all the plots were just stupid and pointless. Not saying the movie was good(it wasn't), but I'll give it a small amount of credit.
    I think Fred 2 was the WORST of the franchise.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MusicAddictBabe

    MusicAddictBabe

    [195]Dec 30, 2012
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,909
    I totally agree! That episode made me feel really bad about myself. And yeah, I know that sounds really weird. But the fact that everyone turned on Freddie because of his own opinion was just too mean. He was kicked out of every club and even Carly, Sam, and his aunt were mad at him. I know it's just a show, but having a bottom line of "Sorry, viewers. If you want to voice your own opinion, you'll have to suffer the consequences," is just depressing, in a way. I remember being in middle school and caring too much about what others thought about me. If I was in Freddie's shoes back then, I'd probably cry myself to sleep every night just thinking about how no one likes me and how bad of a person I am for not liking the same thing everyone else does, especially if I was booted out of every club I was in and frowned upon by my own family and friends. I'm sorry, but that episode just hit too close to home.

    Don't worry, Freddie. I don't think Fred's all that funny either.

    For the record, too, I think it was pretty shallow that Fred even made that Fred is Dead thing in the first place. That has to be the most selfish way to ever get more viewers. Ever. I know I'm over-analyzing this, but in reality, if that was a real Youtube video, he would've been nailed by tons of viewers. I'm sure one of the top comments would be something like "I really don't know who could dislike you, Fred, but I think maybe that was a little too harsh. I mean, he didn't really do anything wrong. Everyone's entitled to his or her own opinion."

    Since I'm on this little rant, though, I never watched the movies. The only thing that would make me sit there and watch it is the fact that Jennette is in it. They really, REALLY need to stop making Fred stuff. And how many fans does Fred actually have? I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, but in all honesty, not a single person I've met has said they like his stuff. I feel like maybe he has just as many fans as he does...um...non-fans? But I don't know. It might just be me.

    To sum up this rant, I hate Fred everything. That is all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pixarprincess

    pixarprincess

    [196]Jan 1, 2013
    • member since: 10/06/09
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,618
    I wondered the same thing, if "Fred" actually has any fans. I'm sure Lucas is a nice guy in real life (and not nearly as annoying, mean, or just plain STUPID as iCarly made him AND his character seem) but... I think there are some things in media that aren't really beloved, but for some reason the media pushes them to our attention. Twilight, for instance, would probably only qualify for a cult following (Not unlike a real cult, if you ask me) if it weren't publicized so much. Then again the stuff that IS worth seeing seems to be discovered in the form of fierce fanbases, like Ghostbusters, Blues Brothers, and of course Pixar films. And more recently...

    Pinkie Pie: If I'm not here when Rainbow Dash's letter arrives, I won't be able to read it right away. And if I don't read it right away, I won't be able to write her back right away. And if I don't write her back right away, she might think I didn't get her letter, and then she might worry it got lost, and if she's worried about her letter she'll be distracted, and if she's distracted then she won't do well at the Academy, and if she doesn't do well at the Academy then she'll get kicked out, and if she gets kicked out THEY'LL NEVER ALLOW HER TO BE A WONDERBOLT, AND IF SHE DOESN'T GET TO BE A WONDERBOLT, ALL HER DREAMS WILL BE CRUSHED! And it'll be all...my...fault!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pokemonmonmon

    pokemonmonmon

    [197]Jan 2, 2013
    • member since: 07/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 188

    when i first saw fred on youtube i LOVED him. then again i was like only 15 and only used the computer for games and myspace. as time passed fred got old but for some reason he stayed popular. now disney and nick are trying to make him into a "star" and so far the only real success has come in the form of the movies. im not gonna lie and say i didnt like fred movies because i did. as silly and stupid as they were, they still entertained me. however, i am not a fan of fred in general and i think they need to stop milking him out. hes overstayed his welcome and needs to start living a normal teenage life (or as close to normal as hell ever get LOL)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MusicAddictBabe

    MusicAddictBabe

    [198]Jan 7, 2013
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,909
    Agreed (with both of you). I feel like Lucas really could be a nice guy. But he'll almost never be known for that because "Fred" is known to be annoying and overrated. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but that's what I think.

    Also, he really is being milked too much for his own good. And I'm glad you brought that up because I had something really similar to that originally in my last post but I deleted it for some reason. What I put was something along the lines of: "We keep getting stars from Youtube. There's nothing wrong with finding fresh talent on Youtube, but the stars we get, like Fred and Justin Beiber, tend to overstay their welcome because people milk their talent too much." I think I got rid of it because what I actually had really nailed Fred and Justin Beiber, and I didn't want any fans to get offended. But I completely agree with what you're saying. Also, I'd like to add that some stars just go through popularity phases - once their popularity starts "dying", you can't just revive it by putting them in shows anymore. Like, some stars could've been really popular back in the early 2000's or something, but you can't just bring their stardom back by putting them in some random episodes of some random shows and making random TV movies about them. For some stars, it just won't benefit them. I mean, with other stars, that might help, but that's usually only when they were really good in the first place and still hold a place in people's hearts.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marcdragicevic

    marcdragicevic

    [199]Feb 6, 2013
    • member since: 09/26/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 4,248
    I wonder in 10 years time, if any Bieber fans will regret loving him and being totally embarrassed about it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fireofnature

    Fireofnature

    [200]Feb 6, 2013
    • member since: 07/16/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,572
    Ten years later and people still love Hannah Montana
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.