iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iOMG Story Arc Discussion (#401-404)

  • Avatar of Iamdapwnage

    Iamdapwnage

    [141]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 05/13/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 471
    Meh Carly's Mary-Sueness is nothing compared to Zoey's. My god I hated her...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilivelovemusic

    ilivelovemusic

    [142]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/09/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 287
    Iamdapwnage wrote:
    Meh Carly's Mary-Sueness is nothing compared to Zoey's. My god I hated her...


    Haha I've always preffered the stupid pretty straight haired brunette one.. Hmm i forgot her name...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RomanZolanski

    RomanZolanski

    [143]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 08/28/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,452
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Iamdapwnage wrote:
    Meh Carly's Mary-Sueness is nothing compared to Zoey's. My god I hated her...


    Haha I've always preffered the stupid pretty straight haired brunette one.. Hmm i forgot her name...


    Nicole?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hurr05

    hurr05

    [144]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/10/11
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,037

    so far, i like Tori the best out of all the mary-sues. She's muchmuchmuch more easy to tolerate because she screws up in at least every episode. this is why she's more interesting. she's real.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pscf3

    pscf3

    [145]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 06/30/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,696
    Agreed. I like Carly more than y'all seem to though.

    hurr05 wrote:

    so far, i like Tori the best out of all the mary-sues. She's muchmuchmuch more easy to tolerate because she screws up in at least every episode. this is why she's more interesting. she's real.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [146]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    Tori is annoying, but she does get called out on her crap though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of frontman19

    frontman19

    [147]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 03/09/10
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,055

    @lamdapwnge, I agree 100% Zoey was absolutely the worst mary-sue character. Way too perfect and it bothered me. Carly isn't that bad, I actually kind of like her, and I also kind of like Tori, since she does get called out on her crap.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hurr05

    hurr05

    [148]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/10/11
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,037

    NOTHING EVER HAPPENED TO ZOEY. like HUH?? nobody is that perfect. like everything went her way, everyone wanted to be her friend, yadda yadda yadda.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of frontman19

    frontman19

    [149]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 03/09/10
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,055

    Actually yes...everything did go her way at the end. She got the guy she wanted, kept all her friends and even stayed friends with her ex, I'd call that getting everything she wanted/everything going her way.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jegolas1973

    jegolas1973

    [150]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 06/14/09
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,357

    Seddie fans, you get what you want. Sam kisses Freddie at the end.

    Edited on 05/15/2011 11:24am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [151]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970
    Yeah, but Sam as a character doesn't always get what she wants like Zoey did. Plus it's not what all the Seddie fans want, because people are dying for more(everybody's reactions).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilivelovemusic

    ilivelovemusic

    [152]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/09/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 287
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Iamdapwnage wrote:
    Meh Carly's Mary-Sueness is nothing compared to Zoey's. My god I hated her...


    Haha I've always preffered the stupid pretty straight haired brunette one.. Hmm i forgot her name...


    Nicole?


    Yep her! Cat kinda reminds me of her... Anyway yeah I just don't like it when the main character gets everything her way. It's just so unrealistic and annoying.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [153]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168

    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Iamdapwnage wrote:
    Meh Carly's Mary-Sueness is nothing compared to Zoey's. My god I hated her...
    Haha I've always preffered the stupid pretty straight haired brunette one.. Hmm i forgot her name...
    Nicole?
    Yep her! Cat kinda reminds me of her..
    LOL, agreed.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hurr05

    hurr05

    [154]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/10/11
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,037

    @jegolas, true. we did get what we wanted. but that's not the case all the time. we don't always get what we want from sam. I WANT HER TO CONFESS HER LOVE FOR FREDDIE ....but this has yet to happen

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of windwaker06

    windwaker06

    [155]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 186
    I don't know if this was mentioned yet, feel free to ignore me if all of these points were. Forgive me, I have essays to write for school, so I only scrolled through a few pages of speculations. Here are my own.

    1.) Anyone brought up the iThink They Kissed thing? I thought that maybe Sam started to think about how she feels about Freddie since then. Carly asked them a question that was never answered, to which they looked at one another in confusion before Spencer busted in (curses!), at least I think it was him. But I don't think she contemplated the first kiss a lot until then. And around then, she did stop ragging on him a bit. I mean they started to show much more of a friendship around that point, after a few seasons of fighting. 2.) I've said it before. This is a lot for Freddie. He thought, he Said, Sam hated him. And then she kisses him. What a shock! I don't think he knows what he wants, what he should think.

    3.) Sam, Freddie and Carly need to talk about all of this, eventually. Carly saw it. There has to be some sort of confrontation. This is the second time they've kissed- will they keep it from her again? What if in the next episode, Carly catches the wrong bits of a conversation between them, like they're saying how they shouldn't date and all Carly hears is "And we can't tell Carly, right?". That'd make for an interesting episode, though I dunno if Dan would go with the whole "They're not telling me.." thing twice.

    4.) What would them liking each other do to their friendship? What if that's why Sam has never made a move- because "It'd be too weird if you didn't hate me!", or something like that, said Freddie after they first kissed? I mean, their friendship was weird and questionable to begin with. Freddie thinks Sam hates him (Dan hinted not in his episode hints for iSYL, when Freddie was hit by the taco truck and Sam ran in, very concerned, to say he was hurt), Sam doesn't quite know how to treat friends, much less guys. She has the weirdest friendship with him, and this just brings it all into question.

    5.) Or will they say that either because of Carly or because of their friendship being in danger they won't date? 'Tis very possible, me thinks, judging how Carly reacted to the kiss before, and this one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [156]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970


    Since these five points are entirely Seddie focused, my responses will be an overload of Seddie. Just a warning.


    1. I think Freddie has been on her mind before that. Why would she be mentioning that she kissed Freddie in the first place?? Yes, she was on laughing gas, but if it was buried far into her mind because she "forgot it ever happened", laughing gas wouldn't randomly bring it back up. It's like alcohol, it loosens the tongue. When you're drunk, usually you're saying what's on your mind. Unless it's just the people I know, because I don't hang around that many drinkers. Maybe it was just a plot device for a sequel, but it's interesting to think about.


    2. Yes. Maybe he subconsciously liked her, but it's too much of a shock for Freddie to dive into a relationship. It was proven in iSYL Freddie is not going to be in a relationship unless the feelings are genuine on both sides. He's too much of a thinker, plus a couple probably won't arise until later on in the series anyways. He didn't push her away, nor did he run away from her like in iTwins(even though it was Melanie he thought it was Sam so he thought he was rejecting Sam). He was just in shock, and it will take him time to reach a consensus.


    2 and 4. He doesn't think Sam hates him though, perse. Do you believe in the whole "game" thing most Seddie shippers believe? Well Freddie's playing the "game" too, by pretending Sam hates him. He knows she doesn't, the whole "Well you hate me" speech was more light-hearted and joking to ease the tension a little. It's just that Sam loving him never crossed his mind.


    3. Carly's not going to let this slide. She talks about EVERYTHING right away. She doesn't hold it in or wait. She follows her instinct. She was in that last scene for a reason. Sam and Freddie probably won't have to keep it a secret from Carly because Carly will come up to them and talk about it before they have a chance to keep things a secret. Your speculation sounds interesting, but personally I get annoyed by the misunderstandings/heard the wrong pieces of a conversation. But I'm annoyed in a good way, they capture my attention and make me feel frustration.


    4. I think it would be pretty similar. Sam could still "pretend" to hate Freddie even if they dated. iOMG did show that Sam was a little nicer, but she's still Sam. So I guess it would just be a tame version of where they are at during this moment. But I honestly don't know what will happen. The dynamic will not be ruined though, this isn't Loliver or Channy here. If it changes completely, I will stop liking Seddie, I'm serious. The only reason people like them is because of their personalities and the way they interact with each other right now. They can develop, but I don't want them to change. I'm sure Dan wouldn't let that happen.


    5. I'd rather not have Seddie holding back(double negatives yay!) because of Carly, because I can imagine all these Seddie shippers being angry at Carly like she's a barrier and obstacle of Seddie happening. While it might be true(because Freddie supposedly has "loved" Carly), if they addressed that straight out it would be bad. I don't think Carly will react to this kiss the same way she did in iTTK or be that affected by a Sam/Freddie relationship.


    I would also rather not have Seddie happen mainly through Carly. It needs to happen without Carly influence, to prove that they love each other on their own. Carly has gotten Sam together with other people(except Shane but she still influenced it). This needs to be different from her other relationships.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [157]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    I keep telling you guys, Sam saw that Carly saw.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marcdragicevic

    marcdragicevic

    [158]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 09/26/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 4,248
    teenj12 wrote:
    I keep telling you guys, Sam saw that Carly saw.


    Probably though, I'll see the clip again.
    But Sam probably knew that Carly was watching anyhow, well maybe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [159]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970

    teenj12 wrote:
    I keep telling you guys, Sam saw that Carly saw.


    Really? I don't remember hearing you say that before. I need to listen better, lol. I thought Sam was too focused on what was going on to see Carly, but I guess I'll watch the clip again. If she did see Carly through the window, would Sam do anything differently if she DIDN'T know Carly was there?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marcdragicevic

    marcdragicevic

    [160]Apr 25, 2011
    • member since: 09/26/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 4,248
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

    teenj12 wrote:
    I keep telling you guys, Sam saw that Carly saw.


    Really? I don't remember hearing you say that before. I need to listen better, lol. I thought Sam was too focused on what was going on to see Carly, but I guess I'll watch the clip again. If she did see Carly through the window, would Sam do anything differently if she DIDN'T know Carly was there?



    I doubt it though, it was kinda in view though. Sam could have done it in more private, if she wanted too. I guess.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.