iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iRamble - The Official iCarly Off-Topic Thread

vanillacupcakes

[6481]Jul 20, 2012
    • level: 16

Sorry for all three of your losses. It's so sad to see them go. My condolences. Out of curiosity, what were their last words to you? If you remember? Mine was "I love you".

@marc: The night he died? Were you physically there to watch his death? I imagine that to be so tough to go through. I don't know if I could be able to. My grandparents lived in California, so I wasn't able to be there when any of them died.

Changing the subject completely, iCarly got another Emmy nom against WOWP, Good Luck Charlie, Victorious, and Degrassi.

Any other shows you like get nominated for something? For me (I like sitcoms) it's 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Girls(although I've only watched a little of it), Community, How I Met Your Mother and New Girl. Some of the Emmy noms for them are sort of the "irrelevant" ones, like cinematography or writing, but nevertheless, I'm happy for them! I like The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family, but to me it's getting worse and I don't think they necessarily deserved them. Oh, and I also like SNL, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The Simpsons, and The Walking Dead. I do think maybe Happy Endings or It's Always Sunny should have gotten some noms though. And Community should have gotten more.

^I didn't mean to ramble that much...I think I watch too many tv shows or something.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrookeParker

[6482]Jul 20, 2012
    • level: 12
    Nice. I know it has before. I know I've changed the subject before. Also, it's my Dad's and cousin's 58th and 14th birthdays! Wow. Almost 60 and 16 in 2 years!

MusicAddictBabe

[6483]Jul 20, 2012
    • level: 18
    I'm not trying to change the subject, but I just wanted to post something real quick.

VC - I finally saw Brave today with my sister. It was really good!

marcdragicevic

[6484]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 21
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Sorry for all three of your losses. It's so sad to see them go. My condolences. Out of curiosity, what were their last words to you? If you remember? Mine was "I love you".

@marc: The night he died? Were you physically there to watch his death? I imagine that to be so tough to go through. I don't know if I could be able to. My grandparents lived in California, so I wasn't able to be there when any of them died.

No one was with him when my first went. They may have only found out something was wrong about an hour or two later. I saw him about a month earlier, around January. It may have been 'bye.'
    I did physically saw someone take their very last breath 2 months ago from cancer.

BrookeParker

[6485]Jul 21, 2012
    I figured u saw about my b'day comments. Just sayin.

vanillacupcakes

[6486]Jul 22, 2012
    @Brooke: Happy birthday to thejm!

@MAB: Finally! Haha. I loved it, but not as much as other PIXAR films. I think if it was a Dreamworks film, people would have liked it a lot more. I thought it was beautifully done, animation wise. Plus, even the previews sound good! Monster's University?? YES!

@Marc: Arghh, that's horrible too. I feel like unexpected deaths are the worst. I knew my grandfather was about to go, so I made my last moments with him meaningful. I surprisingly don't personally know anybody who has passed away from cancer. i only know cancer survivors.

@Brooke(again): Um, yes? I read all of the new comments.

BrookeParker

[6487]Jul 22, 2012
    @vanillacupcakes: I thought about how you said "Um, yes?". Kinda like with attitude. But I know u didn'tmean it like that. Also, Congrats to Miranda Cosgrove at the Teen Choice Awards!

marcdragicevic

[6488]Jul 23, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

@Marc: Arghh, that's horrible too. I feel like unexpected deaths are the worst. I knew my grandfather was about to go, so I made my last moments with him meaningful. I surprisingly don't personally know anybody who has passed away from cancer. i only know cancer survivors.

My parents never told me that night, they waited to the next morning. My 2nd grandfather, I knew he was about to die. Came home one day, and was told he had a week to live out of nowhere. He was fine a week before that. I know some people who have passed away from cancer, not too many. A lot in the last couple of years or so.

pscf3

[6489]Jul 25, 2012

My grandad's( my Mom's dad) cancer just came out of nowhere. On a routine doctor's office trip they found out, and about three weeks later, when I was at my other grandparents house, my dad came and picked me up telling me he wasn't doing good. I spent his last two hours with him, and was phisically in the room when he died. He wasn't conscious his last 30 or so hours, so no one's sure what his exact last words were. His last ones to me we're probably something like "see you later."

BrookeParker

[6490]Jul 25, 2012
    I fiured u saw my comment.

BrookeParker

[6491]Jul 25, 2012
    *figured

vanillacupcakes

[6492]Jul 25, 2012

@Brooke: Well you repeatedly say that you figured we saw your comment, so I said I always read new posts. Therefore I read yours too I don't reply al posts, but I reply to most of them. I wasn't really sure why you mentioned it, so that's where the "um" and the ? came from. But no, I didn't mean it in a rude way.

Yeah, congrats to Miranda!! She deserves it, even if the TCAs are kind of silly. She is definitely one of the better role models to young kids. I think it would be awesome if she hosted next year.

@marc: That is still awful though, because even though you got a "warning" it was still out of the blue. Were you really close to your grandfather? I take what I said back; I do know 2 people's mothers who died from cancer but I didn't know them very well. I wasn't that clos to them, so I kind of forgot...but I did do race for the cure in their honor and contributed to a lot of charities for cancer patients. I personally have not experienced the feeling of losing somebody close to cancer, although I still support cancer patients.

@pscf: Okay...THAT is incredibly heartbreaking and tough (to me at least). I know I say that about everything., because I haven't dealt with that many deaths. But still...=/ I'm sure he was glad to spend the last moments of his life with you though, so that was very sweet of you.

Anybody lose somebody close to them to drunk driving? I know 4. We have such reckless people around here.

marcdragicevic

[6493]Jul 26, 2012
    @VanillaCupCakes: My 2nd grandfather, I wasn't close to him at all. Visited him at his nursing home but never spoke to him. It was very hard for others to hold a conversation with him, so there wasn't much point. You kept on having to repeat things to him. Then he had a fall in the nursing home, and 3 weeks later; another and was sent to hospital where he was given a week to live due to the trauma. My first grandfather, I was very close to him. Think about him every day, talked to him a lot. If heaven does exist, I can't wait to see him.

BrookeParker

[6494]Jul 26, 2012
    @teenj: I know I always say that, but like I said, I sometimes say what's on my mind.

BrookeParker

[6495]Jul 26, 2012
    I meant @vanillacupcakes. I know I don't have to always say that, but, like I said, sometimes I say what's on my mind.

BrookeParker

[6496]Aug 1, 2012
    It's a new month! I feel sorry for the kids/teens who have to start school! Lol. But it's gonna be fine. It was for me.

teenj12

[6497]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 26
    BrookeParker wrote:
    It's a new month! I feel sorry for the kids/teens who have to start school! Lol. But it's gonna be fine. It was for me.
    Good thing I start back in September.

BrookeParker

[6498]Aug 2, 2012
    Nice. I thought about how some schools start that month.

BrookeParker

[6499]Aug 2, 2012
    I figured you're happy-smiley you don't have to start school when you read my comment about starting school. What grade will you be in?

vanillacupcakes

[6500]Aug 2, 2012

BrookeParker wrote:

What? I've wanted to go back to school like a month ago. Couldn't be more excited!