iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Carly Shay/Miranda Cosgrove Discussion

  • Avatar of iCarly317

    iCarly317

    [121]Aug 12, 2008
    • member since: 07/03/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,020
    I disagree. Miranda rules! Even though I kinda like jennette a little more, I still love Miranda.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zulaz

    zulaz

    [122]Aug 12, 2008
    • member since: 04/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,479
    the only thing i like Miranda for is the creation of iCarly...

    without Miranda, there would be no such thing as iCarly, and that means i would've never heard of Jennette or Nathan. and barely of Jerry.

    thats about it...lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ger5632

    ger5632

    [123]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 831

    zulaz wrote:
    the only thing i like Miranda for is the creation of iCarly... without Miranda, there would be no such thing as iCarly, and that means i would've never heard of Jennette or Nathan. and barely of Jerry. thats about it...lol

    very true. i love Miranda. i really pity her. im sure if her character was evil, man! would she play a good job at that. she played a perfect Megan! anyway, iCarly started because of her and we really have to thank her (and of course the rest) for such a wonderful show

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [124]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446
    zulaz wrote:
    the only thing i like Miranda for is the creation of iCarly... without Miranda, there would be no such thing as iCarly, and that means i would've never heard of Jennette or Nathan. and barely of Jerry. thats about it...lol
    Well maybe if Miranda is so despicable, we should write to Dan to write her out of the show and make it like ISam instead. I am sure they make her disappear like they did the Shay's parents. Then Sam could move in with Spencer and it would be a 3 character show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iCarly317

    iCarly317

    [125]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 07/03/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,020
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    zulaz wrote:
    the only thing i like Miranda for is the creation of iCarly... without Miranda, there would be no such thing as iCarly, and that means i would've never heard of Jennette or Nathan. and barely of Jerry. thats about it...lol
    Well maybe if Miranda is so despicable, we should write to Dan to write her out of the show and make it like ISam instead. I am sure they make her disappear like they did the Shay's parents. Then Sam could move in with Spencer and it would be a 3 character show.
    That would be the worse thing to happen to the show. Especially because it would ruin the great gang we have going.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ycc1988

    ycc1988

    [126]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 01/18/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,264
    Carly is the glue of the show. She may not be the most interesting character, but the show wouldn't work without her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zulaz

    zulaz

    [127]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 04/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,479
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Carly is the glue of the show. She may not be the most interesting character, but the show wouldn't work without her.


    exactly..becuase well..uh..it wouldnt be called "iCarly" anymore lol...im just saying that i only like miranda for starting the show..thats it..lol..its nothing bad or anythin'.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [128]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446
    zulaz wrote:
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Carly is the glue of the show. She may not be the most interesting character, but the show wouldn't work without her.
    exactly..becuase well..uh..it wouldnt be called "iCarly" anymore lol...im just saying that i only like miranda for starting the show..thats it..lol..its nothing bad or anythin'.
    Well if Miranda isn't making a contribution worth anything to the show, you could replace her with a big blow up doll of Carly and let that be the Carly of ICarly and then have Sam host it all. It would really be the "sam show" but we could still call it ICarly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zulaz

    zulaz

    [129]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 04/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,479
    ^ your right! MUST call Dan now!

    no wait....i can just drive to the studio...hmmm.....buwahaha!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [130]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446
    zulaz wrote:
    ^ your right! MUST call Dan now! no wait....i can just drive to the studio...hmmm.....buwahaha!!!!
    He is no doubt tied up in meetings with designers of giant inflatable Carly dolls to replace Miranda with.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fireofnature

    Fireofnature

    [131]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 07/16/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,572
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Carly is the glue of the show. She may not be the most interesting character, but the show wouldn't work without her.


    As I learned in theater, each character/actor is important to a play/show. Without one, then it would lessen the impact of the show. So without Carly, we'd have less of a show. Without Sam, Freddie, or Spencer, we would have less of a show. No one character is the "glue" of the show, each character make up the show with his or her own contributions. Therefore, each character could be called the "glue" to a show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stacyy_

    Stacyy_

    [132]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 128
    Wow, this is really sad. I can't believe you guys hate Miranda so much that you want her out of the show. I think Miranda is a good actor and I love her character. Maybe she's not as good as she was in D&J because she's just used to playing Megan. Maybe she'll be better in Season 2, who knows. But I love her character and I love her fast-paced lines, because that's what makes her funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zulaz

    zulaz

    [133]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 04/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,479
    ^ uhh...we didnt say ANYTHING that we wanted Miranda out of the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WAVY10

    WAVY10

    [134]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 08/08/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 544
    Stacyy_ wrote:
    Wow, this is really sad. I can't believe you guys hate Miranda so much that you want her out of the show. I think Miranda is a good actor and I love her character. Maybe she's not as good as she was in D&J because she's just used to playing Megan. Maybe she'll be better in Season 2, who knows. But I love her character and I love her fast-paced lines, because that's what makes her funny.


    It's like most of the last 30 posts or so turned this thread into the "Hate (or at least Strong Dislike of) Miranda Thread". What gives?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Cal5114

    Cal5114

    [135]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 91
    yeah it really does. Both girls has their strenghts and weaknesses. So can we move on...?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iCarly317

    iCarly317

    [136]Aug 13, 2008
    • member since: 07/03/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,020
    Let's. Its getting kinda annoying for anyone that's actually a Miranda fan, me included.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ycc1988

    ycc1988

    [137]Aug 14, 2008
    • member since: 01/18/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,264
    Fireofnature wrote:
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Carly is the glue of the show. She may not be the most interesting character, but the show wouldn't work without her.


    As I learned in theater, each character/actor is important to a play/show. Without one, then it would lessen the impact of the show. So without Carly, we'd have less of a show. Without Sam, Freddie, or Spencer, we would have less of a show. No one character is the "glue" of the show, each character make up the show with his or her own contributions. Therefore, each character could be called the "glue" to a show.


    I meant it in the sense that the other three characters wouldn't really interact if it weren't for Carly. Sam and Freddie might have something going, but it's going to take a while to spark, if it even happens.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fireofnature

    Fireofnature

    [138]Aug 14, 2008
    • member since: 07/16/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,572
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Carly is the glue of the show. She may not be the most interesting character, but the show wouldn't work without her.


    As I learned in theater, each character/actor is important to a play/show. Without one, then it would lessen the impact of the show. So without Carly, we'd have less of a show. Without Sam, Freddie, or Spencer, we would have less of a show. No one character is the "glue" of the show, each character make up the show with his or her own contributions. Therefore, each character could be called the "glue" to a show.


    I meant it in the sense that the other three characters wouldn't really interact if it weren't for Carly. Sam and Freddie might have something going, but it's going to take a while to spark, if it even happens.

    I know what you meant, and trust me, it would be like that without any one of the characters that are in there. No one character makes a show and each character can break a show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Puckett9

    Puckett9

    [139]Aug 16, 2008
    • member since: 05/05/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 42

    I wasn't a very big fan of Miranda or Carly either until I tried to write an iCarly story. That's not to I'm exactly a fan now, but I definitely do appreciate her a lot more and realize just how important she is in the character dynamics. One of the biggest reasons why I think iCarly is so great is how varied and different the characters and their respective humors are, and also how they work together. Now I do think Miranda is probably the weaker actress out of the four (and I remember her being awesome in School of Rock?), but I think so much of her material is more 'subtle.' Well, not really subtle, just not as blunt as Sam's stuff. Then again, Miranda completely owned "iWin a Date." Cause rap is tight, yo.

    Going back to the trying to write an iCalry story, she really is the glue that holds everything together, and not just in the sense that she's there to get the other characters to interact. So it only seems like she's not really the main character most of the time.

    Edited on 08/16/2008 8:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iMIMI37

    iMIMI37

    [140]Aug 17, 2008
    • member since: 07/19/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 270
    She seems like the person to help calm down everyone else's wacky behaivor. She's like the voice of reason.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.