iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Seddie Discussion

vanillacupcakes

[10800]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 16

@teenj: Haha, thanks. I was actually looking through this season's episode threads on here and you(and a few other posters) mentioned Sam's scenes as one of their "favorite" part of the episode. Then it all sort of clicked, like "Hey, Sam has been such a great character recently".

She's sooo much nicer compared to the arc. I really liked Sam during the arc, but she sure caused a lot of destruction (making Spencer lie to Mrs. Benson, hurting Gibby for no reason, fighting Freddie more than she ever did before, excluding Carly yet making her mediate arguments, ruining the train club, etc). Plus, I can't really think of a funny "Sam moment" during the arc, it was mostly Carly that made me laugh.

Trying to be optimistic, I hope that...

A. If Seddie happens, it won't be such a trainwreck, because Sam has fixed her "issues" and is somewhat normal("Maybe if you get a little more normal..."). Come to think of it, Freddie is a little abnormal himself.

B. If Creddie/no ship happens, Sam will still be like the way she is now instead of the way she acted during the arc. Maybe her focusing on a relationship with somebody she knew for so long made her act like the way she did...so if she isn't, she'll be okay?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[10801]Jul 12, 2012
    • level: 26
    I think no ship should happen and they should all stick to being best friends. Freddie tried dating both of them and both times, it just didn't work out. But it would seem unfair to the fans...and maybe to Sam, since she really needs a good guy.

vanillacupcakes

[10802]Jul 12, 2012
    I think Sam could easily get a "good" guy without being with Freddie. I would be fine with a random, new character dating her. I do think Creddie or Seddie will probably end up happening though. I know Dan is a troll, and yeah it would be funny if he pulled the ultimate troll move, but he's not THAT bad to do all this shipping crap for nothin'.

One thing I liked about True Jackson VP was that each main character got their own love interest. Nobody in that trio dated each other. I wish more kid shows would do things like that.

Fireofnature

[10803]Jul 13, 2012
    • level: 13
    How much you want to wager that's the reason iCarly itself ends? Freddie winds up seriously wanting to date one of the girls again, it breaks the "friend code", girls have a fight and split. and iCarly is broken up. I can honestly see it breaking up due to the whole shipping crap.

teenj12

[10804]Jul 13, 2012
    I just really have no idea how this entire shipping war will end. Will it be Seddie or Creddie...will it be no one? I'm leaning more towards no one...but like Vanilla said, Dan isn't that bad to do all of this for nothing.

marcdragicevic

[10805]Jul 13, 2012
    • level: 21
    It may never end with the fans, let me tell you that.

Fireofnature

[10806]Jul 14, 2012
    Better believe it won't end. Even in Avatar, the whole Aang/Katara Zuko/Katara thing is STILL going on!

vanillacupcakes

[10807]Jul 14, 2012

@FON: I'll wager against that! One virtual cookie! I do hope that doesn't happen. I am one for happy endings, and iCarly the webshow will end(if it even does end) on a high and happy note. Dan has always had a happy dancey type of scene with the main couple getting together(Helen's wedding, PCA's school dance). So...I'll bet on a Seddie or Creddie couple and the crazy hat party occurring. And the appearance of Colonel Shay. No time for drama when the couple gets together in the last scene.

Drama between ships already happened in the middle(Seddie arc and iSYL). No need to bring that chiz into the finale. After all the twists and turns, there NEEDS to be an end. There just has to be right??

Of course, if they all got relationships with somebody else and was happy, I'd like that a lot better. Or a troll ending....as long as the characters are happy without drama. Like if Freddie went, "Hey, (Madisen Hill's character) and I have been going out for 2 months now!" "Congrats Freddie! That's way longer and better than our relationship." *happy random dancing* Well, it would have to be written better than that...but you catch my drift. But I'd bet against it happening tbh.

Hah! This won't end! I'm pretty sure the HP fanwars are still going on...and this fandom is almost as bad as the HP fanwars. Losing ship(or ships) will b*tch about it for sure.

marcdragicevic

[10808]Jul 15, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Better believe it won't end. Even in Avatar, the whole Aang/Katara Zuko/Katara thing is STILL going on!

What kind of names is that? Dan better have written a Freddie/Madisen's character ending.

Fireofnature

[10809]Jul 16, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

What kind of names is that? Dan better have written a Freddie/Madisen's character ending.

Have you never seen Avatar: The Last Airbender?

marcdragicevic

[10810]Jul 16, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

Nah. Been told to see it by a few people now. Apparently it's a very weird story or something.

teenj12

[10811]Jul 17, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

Nah. Been told to see it by a few people now. Apparently it's a very weird story or something.
    Here, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

and this if you feel like it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra

marcdragicevic

[10812]Jul 17, 2012
    Thanks, I'll have a look.

vanillacupcakes

[10813]Aug 3, 2012
    I don't really like making fun of shippers, but the Seddie shippers' reaction to Sam and Cat is pretty funny. Like some are throwing hissy fits and some are throwing parties. Idk what's going on here. They're happy they think Seddie will happen in a future series or mad that it would only be like 2 episodes or something. Or the finale won't be "final" enough or their ship won't happen in iCarly.....idgi.

Do you think a ship will arise in iGoodbye now that you know there's a spinoff?

teenj12

[10814]Aug 4, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I don't really like making fun of shippers, but the Seddie shippers' reaction to Sam and Cat is pretty funny. Like some are throwing hissy fits and some are throwing parties. Idk what's going on here. They're happy they think Seddie will happen in a future series or mad that it would only be like 2 episodes or something. Or the finale won't be "final" enough or their ship won't happen in iCarly.....idgi.

Do you think a ship will arise in iGoodbye now that you know there's a spinoff?
    I don't know. Wpould Dan really have Sam still with Freddie (if they hook up in iGoodbye) in the new show? That means less plots about dating and boys and Sam was already sort of deprived of that on iCarly.

I think this could turn the table for Creddiers. Creddie now has a higher possibility since before iOMG.

Fireofnature

[10815]Aug 4, 2012
    I am a little confused, Jeanette will be retaining her character of Sam Puckett in the new series? If so, I guess I am sort of looking forward to it. I'm kind of imagining it as a college life type thing, but I'm not so sure that's what it is..

Either or, I don't think we'd be seeing Freddie.

vanillacupcakes

[10816]Aug 4, 2012

http://twitter.com/DanWarp/status/231191680718622721

This is basically what the fuss is about. Of course, Dan is trolling, or if he's being serious, he's teasing ships. But there are so many mixed reactions to his tweets, it's weird. And they're all Seddie shippers.

I think he left it sort of open ended enough to leave possibilities in the new show. It's either neutral, or a ship happened, but not "definite and forever". I'm not quite sure though. IA that I think Sam shouldn't be with Freddie and have dating plots...but I think they did this for Lily/Oliver on the HM show without Oliver....(if that makes sense? I didn't keep up with that show very well). He'd only make a few guest appearances, because they focused the show around friendship or something. I hate comparing it to that show, but I guess my point is that it's possible, especially for a kid's show. Cat seems really flirty, so I think she'll get the funny dating lines and Sam will be the one who doesn't have many stories about guys (again).

It sounds like they are the same as the show, at least Sam is. Although I think them being in such a new environment will change them as characters. I hope Cat changes. Also, is this college or did they just decide to move out and live together?? I thought Cat in Victorious was really young.

Edited on 08/04/2012 11:16am
    Edited 2 total times.

Fireofnature

[10817]Aug 4, 2012
    Yeah but Cat on Victorious is like 16/17, same age as the iCarly gang. Though they're all still in High School it seems (on both shows) AND Victorious is still going on, unless it's been canned and we don't know about it, so that's yet another reason why I question them being the same exact character.

vanillacupcakes

[10818]Aug 4, 2012
    Ohhh I get what you're saying now. Somebody mentioned something about Cat in this show not being canon for Victorious. I don't know how this works. What I thought is that Sam moves to California near Hollywood Arts, and Cat still goes to school there...but I honestly have no clue. I think they will have similar characteristics though, otherwise why keep their names? Also, I think the iCarly gang are seniors now? And the Victorious gang are juniors, aren't they? They're older than 16, because Tori's too old to not have her driver's license. Yet they are younger than Trina, who's a senior there. She's a senior right? Unless they're all seniors, but Trina can't graduate since she sucks?
    1st season: 8th grade (they mention being in jr high don't they...?)
    2nd season: In iKiss, "What's this supposed to prove?" "We're 9th grade girls!"
    3rd season: iSpace Out it says they're 15. They probably are just about to turn 16.
    4th season(including the arc season): Carly is holding car keys so she's 16 or older
    5th season: New season so new school yr? Just my assumption?

I wish Ariana would be written out of Victorious. Everybody else has been on Nickelodeon for a long time, and rightfully earned their main role(despite whether they were good or not). Miranda and Victoria have been on for years. I think it's a little ridiculous that Ariana has been on Nickelodeon a little over a year and is now in 2 of Dan's shows. She's not even that great of an actress; she's just a crazy good singer and marketable/likable.

teenj12

[10819]Aug 7, 2012
    I think its like this:

Victorious (Tori's class):
    S1: 10th grade
    S2-S3: 11th grade
    And Trina, being a grade older, is a 12 grader.