TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Seddie Discussion

pixarprincess

[10840]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 13

Hi, georgiah24! Hope you like it around here!

I am Pixarprincess, professional quoter, devoted Seddie fan, Phineas and Ferb afficionado, and a brony. I hope you don't mind pony references. Also, I work on developing fan theories, no matter how absurd. And once I even "planned" an wedding for Sam and Freddie. Ask anyone on this forum!

Okay, so there's a new spinoff with BOTH icarly and Victorious characters apparently? Ookay, let's see how that works out. Hopefully it's less sloppy than the transition from SWAC to "So Random" was. (BTW the show was cancelled. I guess even the Disney Channel couldn't deny the original sketch awesomeness was is "All That" )

In other news, school starts tomorrow for me, and I'm battling a cough I developed last week that's really anoying. I couldn't go to the pool yesterday (Now it's closed) and I probably won't go to this BBQ later today either. My last real day of vacation, and I'm trapped inside the house.

Pinkie pie sad

On the bright side, this hopefully gives me time to work on that fanfiction I've been putting off all summmer. Wish me luck!

Mandatory reference quote of the day!

Rarity: Fighting's not really my thing, I'm more into fashion...but I'll rip you to pieces if you touch one scale on his cute little head!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[10841]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 26
    Aww, sorry about your cold Pixar . Its a shame you can't enjoy your last days of summer. Meanwhile I have about two weeks left. Woohoo!

vanillacupcakes

[10842]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 16

SCHOOL FOR ME STARTS TOMORROW YAYYYYY!!!! Summer was too long!

@pixar: That show was cancelled?? YEAHHHHH!!! That's awesome! Dan should write another sketch show....=/ Disney didn't know what they were doing when they were writing those (although maybe a few of them were good)

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy your summer though. You should have a movie marathon or something. Invite a friend over too!

Edited on 08/20/2012 2:26pm

teenj12

[10843]Aug 20, 2012
    Summer was too fast for me this year

Fireofnature

[10844]Aug 21, 2012
    Nothing is quite as good as All That was, and So Random didn't need the singers on the show...half of em I didn't even know who the hell they were. Damn, give me Led Zeppelin, give me some Black Eyed Peas or even a bit of The Who. Rock, mild pop, seems like that would be a better choice than Selena Gomez.....which was probably one of the few singers on that show I actually heard of, and I hated the song she sang.

MusicAddictBabe

[10845]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 18
    I start school next week.

I haven't seen a whole lot of that show. But what I had seen wasn't that impressive. Compared to All That, there's just no competition.

Fireofnature

[10846]Aug 21, 2012
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

I haven't seen a whole lot of that show. But what I had seen wasn't that impressive. Compared to All That, there's just no competition.

If Tv.com had a like button for each post, I would like what you have just said.

vanillacupcakes

[10847]Aug 22, 2012

Fireofnature wrote:
    Nothing is quite as good as All That was, and So Random didn't need the singers on the show...half of em I didn't even know who the hell they were. Damn, give me Led Zeppelin, give me some Black Eyed Peas or even a bit of The Who. Rock, mild pop, seems like that would be a better choice than Selena Gomez.....which was probably one of the few singers on that show I actually heard of, and I hated the song she sang.

The audience is little kids who like the Disney Channel. No way would classics like The Who or Led Zeppelin be on a low rating/not very quality show. SNL would be lucky to have either one. BEP would maybe do the kids choice awards or something, but not this show. All That had good artists, but they were pop artists kids liked(plus it was better). The target audience likes bubblegum pop so I think it turned out alright, plus it's free promotion. I don't like it, but I won't blame them for it. I think the issue for me are their actors and a lot of their sketches.

Edited on 08/22/2012 5:11am

MusicAddictBabe

[10848]Aug 22, 2012
    Fireofnature - haha Thanks. Sometimes I wish you could like posts on here.

The sketches were, might I say, "sketchy". I didn't care for them at all.

Fireofnature

[10849]Aug 22, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Fireofnature wrote:

The audience is little kids who like the Disney Channel. No way would classics like The Who or Led Zeppelin be on a low rating/not very quality show. SNL would be lucky to have either one. BEP would maybe do the kids choice awards or something, but not this show. All That had good artists, but they were pop artists kids liked(plus it was better). The target audience likes bubblegum pop so I think it turned out alright, plus it's free promotion. I don't like it, but I won't blame them for it. I think the issue for me are their actors and a lot of their sketches.

True, very true indeed, those are all big time names for a show such as that. All That definitely had better artists, and yeah the shows sketches were just a bit too sketchy for me...no pun intended....They needed some new material going on

schillingklaus

[10850]Aug 23, 2012
    • level: 12
    Schneider should move off Nickelodeon, who has learnt how to rock big times without him, and make shows like Glee, Scrubs, Grey Anatomy, Big Bang, Malcolm In The Middle, and so on.

pixarprincess

[10851]Sep 2, 2012

Nice to see you again too, schilling. Must...Tolerate.. presence...

Still no word on iCarly huh? Well that's just great. Now I have THREE shows I'm waiting on for a new season. Do you know how grating this is when a good chuck of your life is dependent on the Fall TV scheldule?

How pathetic AM I!?

Jiminy Cricket Conscience: Maybe you can drop one or two shows-

Me: NEVAH!!!

BTW as long as I'm on here, Quick question; I'm working on a fanfiction and it features a romantic arc towards the middle. I mostly worked out my male romantic lead, I'm just stuck on a name. Do you like "Maverick" or "Monet"?

MusicAddictBabe

[10852]Sep 2, 2012
    Pixar - That's ok (I know that feel, bro...). Usually, it's either around this time of year or in early January when I'm waiting on new shows because now's usually about the time new seasons start and a lot of shows take about a month's holiday break in December. As sad as it may be, I get really annoyed when the shows I watch don't put out new episodes quick enough (yeah...First World Problems).

I kinda like Maverick. For some reason, when I look at it, it makes me think of a romantic kind of guy.

teenj12

[10853]Sep 3, 2012

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Pixar - That's ok (I know that feel, bro...). Usually, it's either around this time of year or in early January when I'm waiting on new shows because now's usually about the time new seasons start and a lot of shows take about a month's holiday break in December. As sad as it may be, I get really annoyed when the shows I watch don't put out new episodes quick enough (yeah...First World Problems). I kinda like Maverick. For some reason, when I look at it, it makes me think of a romantic kind of guy.
    I so agree with you guys, At the moment, almost all of my favorite shows are on a hiatus. I have no word on when some of them will return.

Also, Maverick sounds good. Monet sounds girly .

Edited on 09/03/2012 10:54am

vanillacupcakes

[10854]Sep 3, 2012
    I like Maverick too. Monet makes me think of the artist.

Yeah it feels like this hiatus period for my favorite shows has been forever. I've basically relied on reruns and I honestly forgot about iCarly. I've also had shows with short seasons like iCarly, so they premiere an episode every month. Like even when a new episode airs, that one new episode isn't enough to put me through the month. I mean, I guess that's supposed to be a good thing, since this means I am cutting down my tv watching and doing productive things in life. But nevermind that.

Oh yeah, it's Labor Day. I was expecting an iCarly episode to be aired today, since kids are off school. Silly me, I shouldn't have had such high expectations.

RiciSmokes2

[10855]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 7
    I miss all my shows, esp Psych. At least USA gave me a good tv summer season.Excited for the last season of iCarly. But I'm mainly waiting for a LOTTTT of books to drop, haven't read in a whole month, well besides over-priced school crap. Yay book rental!!

pixarprincess

[10856]Sep 7, 2012

^correction: Yay, books!

Okay, normally I'd share this informa- I mean theory with other bronies who are more likely to be found under the "My Little Pony" page of this website, but it's not nearly as active as these forums. Besides, I'm comfortable around you guys.

So, yesterday on EQD they announced a DVD release set for December which presumably contains season 3 episodes- still unaired, btw Anyways. Apparently there's going to be some sort of story arch in this place known as the Crystal Kingdom. My issue is, well, I probably should judge by one's cover, but I can't help but be somewhat suspicious. Here's how the Mane 6 look in 99% of media-

my little pony: uglies?

And here's the DVD cover:

my little pony: pretties?

Don't they all just look a little too... pretty, for lack of a better term?

Which brings me to my little theory: Last summer I read the "Uglies" trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. (Which I highly recommend, btw) It's one of those post-apocalyptic worlds, this one takes place about three centuries after presumably OUR time. Anyways, in this future, once you turn 16, you're given an operation that turns you from an "ugly" (i.e. someone with a natural born body) into a "pretty", with perfect symmetrical features, manga eyes, and undeniable beauty.

Unfortunetly this operation also turns you into an airhead.

Could this be a potential plot for the new season? Is there a conspiracy going on to try and turn ponies into... generation 3 ponies!? (DUNDUN DUN!!!)

Not to mention, an "Uglies" reference in MLP? That would just be cool.

pixarprincess

[10857]Sep 7, 2012

Oh, good, it took the photos. I continued in another post i case I had to delete them.

So yeah, pointless brony stuff, but I don't really have anyone else to discuss the idea with. Well, I have a socal brony meetup at Universal tomorrow, but most of them are people I haven't met before in previous meetings. You guys I've known forever.

Oh Ratigan, oh Ratigan

The rest fall behind

To Ratigan, to Ratigan

The World's Greatest Criminal Mind!

teenj12

[10858]Sep 7, 2012
    pixarprincess wrote:

Oh, good, it took the photos. I continued in another post i case I had to delete them.

So yeah, pointless brony stuff, but I don't really have anyone else to discuss the idea with. Well, I have a socal brony meetup at Universal tomorrow, but most of them are people I haven't met before in previous meetings. You guys I've known forever.

Oh Ratigan, oh Ratigan

The rest fall behind

To Ratigan, to Ratigan

The World's Greatest Criminal Mind!

Wow Pixar! Is it some type of convention?

Diamondgrl13

[10859]Sep 8, 2012
    • level: 6
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I mean, I guess that's supposed to be a good thing, since this means I am cutting down my tv watching and doing productive things in life. But nevermind that.

lol. I know how you feel.