iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spam Discussion

  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [41]Apr 25, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    Wedgie317 wrote:
    I can't believe what the minds of you people come up with. It's amazing.


    It is amazing. And sweet. And it's because we're awesome, and imaginative. ---

    Or - like me... we just have a sixth sense about shipping. I have yet to be wrong.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [42]Apr 29, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446

    Wedgie317 wrote:
    I can't believe what the minds of you people come up with. It's amazing.

    It's a good board when the fans of the show demonstrate creativity about the show they like. That is what is happening here. But its all done in good fun and out of affection for the show, the characters and these performers.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [43]Apr 29, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    iskabibble07 wrote:

    Wedgie317 wrote:
    I can't believe what the minds of you people come up with. It's amazing.

    It's a good board when the fans of the show demonstrate creativity about the show they like. That is what is happening here. But its all done in good fun and out of affection for the show, the characters and these performers.



    Woo! I agree! XD ---


    It's only because I love them! XD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [44]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    *squee!*

    You're never going to believe this - but I found THREE Sam/Spencer stories on FF! One of which is REALLY good (and sad, and won't be updated for a while) and another that is really good. XD ---



    Links: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4081141/1/ (it's the least wrong - everything's legal! XD )

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3935618/1/ (really good, but REALLY short, and not even really romantic - just sweet)

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3843586/1/You_Were_There (AH-MA-ZING The characters are a little off, but my GAWD the love I now have for it. It's like - the perfect Spam fic. XD )
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [45]May 1, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446

    abz08 wrote:
    *squee!* You're never going to believe this - but I found THREE Sam/Spencer stories on FF! One of which is REALLY good (and sad, and won't be updated for a while) and another that is really good. XD --- Links: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4081141/1/ (it's the least wrong - everything's legal! XD ) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3935618/1/ (really good, but REALLY short, and not even really romantic - just sweet) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3843586/1/You_Were_There (AH-MA-ZING The characters are a little off, but my GAWD the love I now have for it. It's like - the perfect Spam fic. XD )

    Pretty cool but I like more SPAM type moments in the context of the show right now. I bet WE could do better. LOL

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [46]May 1, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    iskabibble07 wrote:

    abz08 wrote:
    *squee!* You're never going to believe this - but I found THREE Sam/Spencer stories on FF! One of which is REALLY good (and sad, and won't be updated for a while) and another that is really good. XD --- Links: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4081141/1/ (it's the least wrong - everything's legal! XD ) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3935618/1/ (really good, but REALLY short, and not even really romantic - just sweet) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3843586/1/You_Were_There (AH-MA-ZING The characters are a little off, but my GAWD the love I now have for it. It's like - the perfect Spam fic. XD )

    Pretty cool but I like more SPAM type moments in the context of the show right now. I bet WE could do better. LOL



    'Zis is true. However - in short of that, it's nice to at least read one! And to know I'm not the only crazy person out there! (well, not including you and this other person on LJ I know...)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of missyera

    missyera

    [47]May 2, 2008
    • member since: 07/17/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 505
    I actually find Spam cute. But....(c'mon, with me there's always a but)...i think its just one sided. I think Sam could honestly have a serious crush on Carly's brother, but Spencer couldn't really reciprocate the same kind of feelings, since he just treats her as his little sister. No matter, I still love seeing the interaction between Sam and Spencer, as much as i do of Sam and Freddie. I see Sam/Spencer as a one-sided relationship whereas Sam/Freddie as equals.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [48]May 2, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    missyera wrote:
    I actually find Spam cute. But....(c'mon, with me there's always a but)...i think its just one sided. I think Sam could honestly have a serious crush on Carly's brother, but Spencer couldn't really reciprocate the same kind of feelings, since he just treats her as his little sister. No matter, I still love seeing the interaction between Sam and Spencer, as much as I do of Sam and Freddie. I see Sam/Spencer as a one-sided relationship whereas Sam/Freddie as equals.


    As much as I hate to say it... I agree. Partially. I definitely don't agree as far as Freddie/Sam goes... but I do agree on the one-sided issue. ---

    Realistically... right now Sam could have a crush on Spencer. And Spencer wouldn't have a clue, and even if he did he would ignore it, because like you said he thinks of her as a younger sister, and the illegal part - Spencer would DEFINITELY notice that, and consider it. (I don't know why people think he's stupid - he's definitely not.) ---



    I think though - that after something puts the idea into his head, whether he knows Sam likes him or not (if she even does at this point), that he's going to think about it. And he's going to stop thinking about her as a sister because he realizes she's NOT and COULD be something else. And then he might (against his will) start to "see her in a new light". Due to the scenario that might happen if Spencer is introduced to the idea (hey - someone could make a comment or he could even have a weird dream!) - it might even end up being one-sided on Spencer's part. Except he would (I should hope) feel extremely guilty and torn up inside about it... whereas Sam wouldn't see anything wrong with it - at the very least if she didn't do anything about it, or tell anyone about it. XD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [49]May 2, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446

    abz08 wrote:
    missyera wrote:
    I actually find Spam cute. But....(c'mon, with me there's always a but)...i think its just one sided. I think Sam could honestly have a serious crush on Carly's brother, but Spencer couldn't really reciprocate the same kind of feelings, since he just treats her as his little sister. No matter, I still love seeing the interaction between Sam and Spencer, as much as I do of Sam and Freddie. I see Sam/Spencer as a one-sided relationship whereas Sam/Freddie as equals.
    As much as I hate to say it... I agree. Partially. I definitely don't agree as far as Freddie/Sam goes... but I do agree on the one-sided issue. --- Realistically... right now Sam could have a crush on Spencer. And Spencer wouldn't have a clue, and even if he did he would ignore it, because like you said he thinks of her as a younger sister, and the illegal part - Spencer would DEFINITELY notice that, and consider it. (I don't know why people think he's stupid - he's definitely not.) --- I think though - that after something puts the idea into his head, whether he knows Sam likes him or not (if she even does at this point), that he's going to think about it. And he's going to stop thinking about her as a sister because he realizes she's NOT and COULD be something else. And then he might (against his will) start to "see her in a new light". Due to the scenario that might happen if Spencer is introduced to the idea (hey - someone could make a comment or he could even have a weird dream!) - it might even end up being one-sided on Spencer's part. Except he would (I should hope) feel extremely guilty and torn up inside about it... whereas Sam wouldn't see anything wrong with it - at the very least if she didn't do anything about it, or tell anyone about it. XD

    First of all on the illegality issue, it isn't illegal for two people to like each other or even to have crushes on each other with an age barrier. It isn't illegal for that affection to express itself thinly hidden behind a brother sister relationship like Spencer and Sam could develop. The only illegality would be if they went all the way which not only is not what SPAM is all about , we don't even want that kind of talk about ANY character on this wholesome show and board.

    That little issue out of the way, yes I see Sam being the first to crush on Spencer but then Spencer might secretly realize he is crushing on Sam back. It can stay hidden for a long time before it comes out and then it would not become like BF/GF both because of the age issue and because Carly would be so confused by it all. Lots of potential without it becoming illegal, creepy or nasty.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [50]May 2, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    iskabibble07 wrote:

    First of all on the illegality issue, it isn't illegal for two people to like each other or even to have crushes on each other with an age barrier. It isn't illegal for that affection to express itself thinly hidden behind a brother sister relationship like Spencer and Sam could develop. The only illegality would be if they went all the way which not only is not what SPAM is all about , we don't even want that kind of talk about ANY character on this wholesome show and board.

    That little issue out of the way, yes I see Sam being the first to crush on Spencer but then Spencer might secretly realize he is crushing on Sam back. It can stay hidden for a long time before it comes out and then it would not become like BF/GF both because of the age issue and because Carly would be so confused by it all. Lots of potential without it becoming illegal, creepy or nasty.



    Right - so with every technicality taken into consideration - the illegality of it is NOT an issue. Even so - just look at this thread - a LOT of people have made a big deal about the age. It's just the way people think. So Sam and Spencer would be NO exception. And if one of the two were to freak out about the age difference - in this freak-out mode, their mind would GO there. ---

    Nevertheless... lots of potential. Even canonical hope! Heck, we've already got a "handsome" along with lots of comments - and naked body staring. ---

    ...


    Yep! We've got ourselves a ship at sea.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nbbrocks01

    Nbbrocks01

    [51]May 3, 2008
    • member since: 03/21/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 900
    I think it would be like a minor crush, you know?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [52]May 3, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901

    Nbbrocks01 wrote:
    I think it would be like a minor crush, you know?
    Yes. Minor crush. But minor crushes can turn into MAJOR crushes.

    Edit: :* I had more typed... but somehow it got deleted.

    Edited on 05/03/2008 9:40am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [53]May 4, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    So... anyone else find any Sam/Spencer fanfiction lyin' around? No? Okay - guess we should get lookin'.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Camy99

    Camy99

    [54]May 5, 2008
    • member since: 01/16/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 616

    I actually do think Sam admires Spencer, and this could eventually turn into a crush. And I find that Spencer also admires how wicked Sam is...BUT (ahah, I'm like Era) I REALLY don't know if I can stomach it if Spencer in any way showed any feelings back. It's not just the age difference *cough*Demi&Ashton! Ahah* but it's the fact that he's like a FATHER to both Carly and consequentially Sam. Anywho, that' my little say on it =] I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

    Camy

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [55]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446
    Camy99 wrote:

    I actually do think Sam admires Spencer, and this could eventually turn into a crush. And I find that Spencer also admires how wicked Sam is...BUT (ahah, I'm like Era) I REALLY don't know if I can stomach it if Spencer in any way showed any feelings back. It's not just the age difference *cough*Demi&Ashton! Ahah* but it's the fact that he's like a FATHER to both Carly and consequentially Sam. Anywho, that' my little say on it =] I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

    Camy

    The Spencer as father figure role is an interesting one. I actually see Spencer more as the fun older friend because he really doesn't act very fatherly toward Carly. But he has a real sweetness to him and it would be easy to bring out. And it wouldnt be hard to expand that relationship to have him have a father figure relationship with Sam and even Freddie. That would give us the chance for Sam to become "daddies girl" to Spencer. I don't mean that in any kind of dirty way but for her to just show more affection toward him.

    A good move in that diretion would be if Spencer did something heroic for Sam like rush to her if she was hurt or help her out of a jam and she rewarded him with a big hug and maybe a kiss. No creepy sexual stuff, just stronger affection in the father role mode and you might be able to expand that to Sam crushing on Spencer but not cross the "creepy" line. We want to stay away from the "creepy" line.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [56]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    That would give us the chance for Sam to become "daddies girl" to Spencer. That is both extremely amusing and slightly disturbing at the same time. And cute. XD ---



    I'm not so sure that Spencer is really a "father figure". I really don't think that he is - even if he is Carly's guardian. Guardian doesn't really mean parental figure. For some, of course, it does. But Carly's Dad is still in her life - Sam knows him too (I can only assume, if in iDon't Want to Fight" it was their fifth year friend anniversary). ---



    Besides that - I know a lot of people who are actually old enought to be my parent, but I consider them friends. And if they were my guardian, I'd still only think of them as friends. Plus - my brother, who's ten years older than I am, and if he needed to be, could be/could have been my guardian - I don't think of him in a fatherly figure way at all. BUT - he has had his moments, like Spencer, where he has kind of acted the part. But he will only ever just be the brother - not a father figure - even if the real father is out of the picture. (Ooh! Total parallel there - I should get brownie points.) ---


    So while Spencer being the guardian is probably one of the issues that is hardest to ignore/get around - I think that while it DOES apply - it really kind of doesn't. It's more towards the age factor in my opinion. ---



    However, were we to COMPLETELY skirt the "creepy" line... a father/daughter or friend/friend kind of affection - hug/kiss on the cheek would be adorable. And it would be wonderful to see them having more affection. Whether it be comforting, excitement ( Carey/Arwin anyone? ), or well... anything else. And the crush - that could come too. XD It's my favorite idea - because it's most likely to appear in canon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crzza

    crzza

    [57]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 05/28/07
    • level: 49
    • rank: Snufflupugus
    • posts: 12,122
    abz08 wrote:
    That would give us the chance for Sam to become "daddies girl" to Spencer. That is both extremely amusing and slightly disturbing at the same time. And cute. XD ---


    I'm not so sure that Spencer is really a "father figure". I really don't think that he is - even if he is Carly's guardian. Guardian doesn't really mean parental figure. For some, of course, it does. But Carly's Dad is still in her life - Sam knows him too (I can only assume, if in iDon't Want to Fight" it was their fifth year friend anniversary). ---


    Besides that - I know a lot of people who are actually old enought to be my parent, but I consider them friends. And if they were my guardian, I'd still only think of them as friends. Plus - my brother, who's ten years older than I am, and if he needed to be, could be/could have been my guardian - I don't think of him in a fatherly figure way at all. BUT - he has had his moments, like Spencer, where he has kind of acted the part. But he will only ever just be the brother - not a father figure - even if the real father is out of the picture. (Ooh! Total parallel there - I should get brownie points.) ---

    So while Spencer being the guardian is probably one of the issues that is hardest to ignore/get around - I think that while it DOES apply - it really kind of doesn't. It's more towards the age factor in my opinion. ---


    However, were we to COMPLETELY skirt the "creepy" line... a father/daughter or friend/friend kind of affection - hug/kiss on the cheek would be adorable. And it would be wonderful to see them having more affection. Whether it be comforting, excitement ( Carey/Arwin anyone? ), or well... anything else. And the crush - that could come too. XD It's my favorite idea - because it's most likely to appear in canon.
    He's not a father figure for sure.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [58]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446

    crzza wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    That would give us the chance for Sam to become "daddies girl" to Spencer. That is both extremely amusing and slightly disturbing at the same time. And cute. XD --- I'm not so sure that Spencer is really a "father figure". I really don't think that he is - even if he is Carly's guardian. Guardian doesn't really mean parental figure. For some, of course, it does. But Carly's Dad is still in her life - Sam knows him too (I can only assume, if in iDon't Want to Fight" it was their fifth year friend anniversary). --- Besides that - I know a lot of people who are actually old enought to be my parent, but I consider them friends. And if they were my guardian, I'd still only think of them as friends. Plus - my brother, who's ten years older than I am, and if he needed to be, could be/could have been my guardian - I don't think of him in a fatherly figure way at all. BUT - he has had his moments, like Spencer, where he has kind of acted the part. But he will only ever just be the brother - not a father figure - even if the real father is out of the picture. (Ooh! Total parallel there - I should get brownie points.) --- So while Spencer being the guardian is probably one of the issues that is hardest to ignore/get around - I think that while it DOES apply - it really kind of doesn't. It's more towards the age factor in my opinion. --- However, were we to COMPLETELY skirt the "creepy" line... a father/daughter or friend/friend kind of affection - hug/kiss on the cheek would be adorable. And it would be wonderful to see them having more affection. Whether it be comforting, excitement ( Carey/Arwin anyone? ), or well... anything else. And the crush - that could come too. XD It's my favorite idea - because it's most likely to appear in canon.
    He's not a father figure for sure.

    I agree but he is a soruce of authority in the home and clearly all three kids like him a lot. To Sam he might be like we sometimes feel about a really cute younger teacher at school. That teacher has authority and we know that. But if he or she is ore like a freind and is totally cute, even with the age difference, its easy to crush on that person. So its very easy to see Sam crushing on Spencer. I guess its when that crush becomes known to Carly or Spencer and (god forbid) Spencer starts being affectionate back to Sam that people start getting creeped out. But he might "love her" as a close freind and even be able to tell her she is beautiful and he loves having her in his life without it becoming something X rated. Lots of room to move in a Sam ship that could stay this side of creepy.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [59]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    I'm confused, iskabibble07 ... have you changed your mind as far as Spam goes? Or are you just taking an extremely conservative standpoint? ---



    I mean, I agree - if we have to be within the limits of Nick and a children's television program, and the low-key love and adorable-ness is better than no affection at all... But why do you have to keep going back to the 'all the way' topic? I never said it was going to happen, and I doubt anyone else did either... I mean, that's as far as the 'creepy' line goes. No one IS going there. *bewildered* ---


    I think that all I can really ask for as a Spam shipper is actually that Sam and Spencer become friends, really good friends, independent of Carly... I mean, there's nothing creepy about that - what should be wrong about it? Spam is love, whether fully realized or not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iskabibble07

    iskabibble07

    [60]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,446
    Nbbrocks01 wrote:
    I think it would be like a minor crush, you know?
    Well she is a minor so yeah. But if she had a major crush on Spencer, that means it would be a major minor crush.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.