iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Seddie And Creddie Battle Field

  • Avatar of gryffinval7890

    gryffinval7890

    [101]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 05/02/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 656
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    To sunstar: I mean that of all the Freddie/Carly moments I've seen, that I really like - all the stuff that makes me go "D'aww!"... those all seem to come from Carly. From Carly's perspective, from her actions, her way of thinking, all that kind of stuff. Freddie loves Carly - we all know that. And he does some really adorable things because of that. But aside from their interactions in particular that I love... it's the things Carly does in regards to Freddie I like most. Like her fixing his hair and clothes, that she can tease him about the bi-weekly body checks, that she actually uses his love to her advantage, that she brings up how he's rarely sticky, her comment about turning his locker into a time machine, and all that kind of stuff. That came from Carly -> to Freddie, and I consider them moments. Hope that made sense. ---


    I have to argue with your "we know he loves her" comment. We don't know if it's real love; as a geek, which he is, he gets picked on a lot. Carly's nice to him, and her best is Sam. Now if you were Freddie, which would you be less embarassed to admit to loving?

    "Eventually, i think Carly might get sick of Freddie constantly following her around like a sick puppy, and to quote Miley/Hannah, "The girl that you thought you loved is standing right beside you, and the truth is... you don't love her.""

    Whoever said this--I COMPLETELY AGREE. (Of course, it helps that I ship Loliver lol) I also think that Freddie just has to "love" Carly because she's the main character and she's made to look like a Mary Sue IN SOME WAYS. (Don't get me wrong, I love Carly. She's just, you know--well, "the most perfect" sounds too MS-ish too--the least-unperfect.) Sam is supposed to be, like, the female version of a big, strong, football-playing bully. Sort of. NOW I don't even know where I'm going with this.

    PS. Can people stop using really tiny fonts please?


    totally! not only would he be less embarrased, but having Carly already know his feelings for her, he pretty much already knows her reactions. but being in an unpredictable relationship with sam, having disliked each other before, and have had insults, and teases thrown back and forth...

    its understandable why he would be afraid of having romantic feelings for Sam, let alone admitting them to anyone, but most especially, Sam herself...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sunnstar7

    sunnstar7

    [102]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 11/22/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 605
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    To sunstar: I mean that of all the Freddie/Carly moments I've seen, that I really like - all the stuff that makes me go "D'aww!"... those all seem to come from Carly. From Carly's perspective, from her actions, her way of thinking, all that kind of stuff. Freddie loves Carly - we all know that. And he does some really adorable things because of that. But aside from their interactions in particular that I love... it's the things Carly does in regards to Freddie I like most. Like her fixing his hair and clothes, that she can tease him about the bi-weekly body checks, that she actually uses his love to her advantage, that she brings up how he's rarely sticky, her comment about turning his locker into a time machine, and all that kind of stuff. That came from Carly -> to Freddie, and I consider them moments. Hope that made sense. ---


    I have to argue with your "we know he loves her" comment. We don't know if it's real love; as a geek, which he is, he gets picked on a lot. Carly's nice to him, and her best is Sam. Now if you were Freddie, which would you be less embarassed to admit to loving?

    "Eventually, i think Carly might get sick of Freddie constantly following her around like a sick puppy, and to quote Miley/Hannah, "The girl that you thought you loved is standing right beside you, and the truth is... you don't love her.""

    Whoever said this--I COMPLETELY AGREE. (Of course, it helps that I ship Loliver lol) I also think that Freddie just has to "love" Carly because she's the main character and she's made to look like a Mary Sue IN SOME WAYS. (Don't get me wrong, I love Carly. She's just, you know--well, "the most perfect" sounds too MS-ish too--the least-unperfect.) Sam is supposed to be, like, the female version of a big, strong, football-playing bully. Sort of. NOW I don't even know where I'm going with this.

    PS. Can people stop using really tiny fonts please?


    totally! not only would he be less embarrased, but having Carly already know his feelings for her, he pretty much already knows her reactions. but being in an unpredictable relationship with sam, having disliked each other before, and have had insults, and teases thrown back and forth...

    its understandable why he would be afraid of having romantic feelings for Sam, let alone admitting them to anyone, but most especially, Sam herself...


    THANK you.

    Also, I just thought of something else from your first paragraph--he's been shot down by Carly many times really nicely (see iPilot. What other girl would reject a boy that nicely?)--she's kind of predictable, in a way. I mean, Freddie knows exactly where this relationship is going--nowhere. (PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. I JUST MEAN THIS SEASON.) With Sam, there's a lot of unpredictability, a lot of replying on chance, and, if Sam somehow freaks out, heartbreak.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [103]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    *will reply - in depth - later* ---

    *grumbles about work*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ger5632

    ger5632

    [104]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 831

    Wow. The Creddie people are ferocious!

    Anyway, i know i shouldnt be dragging this into it. But like i stated on another forum that Josh and Mindy from 'Drake And Josh' got together after fighting for such a long time. People say its debate and insults. etc. But Sam and Freddie/ Josh and Mindy dont always kill each other like Drake and Josh. Maybe a punch by Sam but thats it.

    besides, if you already knew that Freddie likes Carly. Carly goes out with a guy and Freddie give that jealous look. It just ruins the moments cos you cant say something like "Look! His giving that look. He's jealous cos Carly is dating another guy. He loves her!"

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [105]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    ger5632 wrote:

    Wow. The Creddie people are ferocious!

    Anyway, i know i shouldnt be dragging this into it. But like i stated on another forum that Josh and Mindy from 'Drake And Josh' got together after fighting for such a long time. People say its debate and insults. etc. But Sam and Freddie/ Josh and Mindy don't always kill each other like Drake and Josh. Maybe a punch by Sam but thats it.

    besides, if you already knew that Freddie likes Carly. Carly goes out with a guy and Freddie give that jealous look. It just ruins the moments cos you cant say something like "Look! His giving that look. He's jealous cos Carly is dating another guy. He loves her!"



    Yes, yes we are. Completely ferocious (me in particular). ---


    BUT - NO OTHER SHIPS!!!! Actually I will always still disagree with the Josh/Mindy parallel. It also doesn't help that I like Drake/Josh. Plus, I believe I HAVE argued this point elsewhere. Even then, Mindy is a different kind of mean (or was) than Sam is. ---



    As a Carly/Freddie shipper though - I don't think those moments are ruined at all. In fact, they're really sweet, I think - even if I know that he would react like that, it's still nice to see. Just like when you're in a relationship it doesn't hurt at all to say "I Love you" more than every once in a while. It's good to hear it, it's good to see it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of missyera

    missyera

    [106]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 07/17/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 505
    But honestly speaking, whenever Freddie makes his proclamations of love for Carly, it just screams "delusional" to me. Either that or I'll think "You wish, Freddie. Never gonna happen."

    Seriously. At that age, he's already saying that he'll be her second husband? He agrees with her just because he "loves" her? He even created blogs with photoshopped pictures of his babies with Carly!....I mean...honestly. Soon, he'll grow tired of his infatuation with Carly, (yeah, i think that's a better word than Love.) and begin to grow up and move on. Whether or not its with Sam, who knows, but I just think what Freddie feels for Carly, is just a harmless, short-lived obsession with a pretty & smart Carly Shay.I mean, who wouldn't be? Now Carly, on the other hand, could turn out differently than you'd expect. Right now, she just treats Freddie like some love-sick-puppy who is infatuated with her, but she's still nice to him and continuously turns him down nicely, because, Hey,let's face it, Carly is a nice girl who doesn't want to hurt her friends. Best friend in fact. She just plays along whenever Freddie goes into his "possessive-I-Love-CarlyShay" mode and even uses that as an advantage at times when needed. She'll also eventually get tired of it and wishes that Freddie would stop this obsession with her and treat her like a normal friend, without "additional feelings" attached. But my feeling is that, once Freddie DOES mature up, and when he finally stops his crush on Carly, that's when Carly might change her view towards Freddie. Cos' she might then be attracted to a non-obsessive Freddie, but unfortunately, I think Freddie would then have moved on too. (Though i hoped its to be with Sam of course. *giggles*)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lilatp

    lilatp

    [107]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 11/19/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 181
    missyera wrote:
    But honestly speaking, whenever Freddie makes his proclamations of love for Carly, it just screams "delusional" to me. Either that or I'll think "You wish, Freddie. Never gonna happen."

    Seriously. At that age, he's already saying that he'll be her second husband? He agrees with her just because he "loves" her? He even created blogs with photoshopped pictures of his babies with Carly!....I mean...honestly. Soon, he'll grow tired of his infatuation with Carly, (yeah, i think that's a better word than Love.) and begin to grow up and move on. Whether or not its with Sam, who knows, but I just think what Freddie feels for Carly, is just a harmless, short-lived obsession with a pretty & smart Carly Shay.I mean, who wouldn't be? Now Carly, on the other hand, could turn out differently than you'd expect. Right now, she just treats Freddie like some love-sick-puppy who is infatuated with her, but she's still nice to him and continuously turns him down nicely, because, Hey,let's face it, Carly is a nice girl who doesn't want to hurt her friends. Best friend in fact. She just plays along whenever Freddie goes into his "possessive-I-Love-CarlyShay" mode and even uses that as an advantage at times when needed. She'll also eventually get tired of it and wishes that Freddie would stop this obsession with her and treat her like a normal friend, without "additional feelings" attached. But my feeling is that, once Freddie DOES mature up, and when he finally stops his crush on Carly, that's when Carly might change her view towards Freddie. Cos' she might then be attracted to a non-obsessive Freddie, but unfortunately, I think Freddie would then have moved on too. (Though i hoped its to be with Sam of course. *giggles*)


    Woah that's the same thing I posted a couple of months ago.I think it was this.

    I like CarlyxFredwerd. I'm just a little puzzled at why they made Freddie pour out his fellings to her like that??? What would be really good for the show is if in Season 2 they end up going to highschool(and Sam lol), and over the summer Freddie's really changed alot he's cuter (I already think he's a Hunkmuffin) and he's caught Carly's eye and Carly starts liking him. But Freddie say's that he's got a girlfriend that he met over the summer at some camp and there really close,blah blah blah, and he tells Carly that they can stay friends and how he's over his little crush that he had in Middle School. Carly's dissapointed because she starting to get a crush on him she want's to tell Sam but is afraid of what she'll think considering the fact that Sam always thinks Freddie's a nerd,but ends up telling her anyway Sam of course is apauled but tells her if she likes him so much she should give it a try.

    Anyway what I mean is that I just think that later on it should be backwards. Instead of Freddie liking Carly, Carly likes Freddie, but deep down Freddie still likes her and he's trying to move on and date other people so she's out of his mind.

    Man there I said it you guys(gurls) have no idea how hard it was to put that in words.

    What I mean is that I agree with your post, but of course I choose Creddie.I'm just say that missyera and I have sort of the same ideals,but different opinion's in the shippers department you know what I mean.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sharethelove01

    sharethelove01

    [108]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 117
    abz08 wrote:

    sharethelove01 wrote:
    What about when Carly was talking about Freddie getting eight bucks for allowance (I forgot the episode name). It was just her, Freddie, Sam, and possibly Spencer (I don't remember) but Freddie was shushing her so who wouldn't hear? Oh yeah, thats right, SAM. Even if Spencer was there he wouldn't say anything. Hmmm, sounds like Freddie wanted to look good in front of Sam to me.

    You're reading WAAAAAY too much into that small fact. Which, I haven't seen in a while and can't really respond to. Except for - couldn't he just be embarassed in general? I mean, if Carly already knew that would be no big deal, but Sam knowing - she could spread that EVERYWHERE. And she would. Freddie wouldn't want that kind of humiliation.

    Gander119 wrote:
    Like in iPilot,Sam said Carly would never like Freddie.That's a sign that Sam may be jealous of Carly liking Freddie,and giving a little clue that Sam likes Freddie.

    No, that doesn't quite equal jealousy. To me, simply the first step in her constant barage of insults - and she starts off with a commonly used one. He will never be loved. And no matter how many times it's used - it hurts every time. Nope, not even a hint of jealousy I'd say.

    I know, I was over exaggerating but thats what the world does these days. You're not one to back down are you abz? But thats okay, I admire that. It makes this thread more interesting. Quick question: Is it wierd to be a Moliver shipper and a Seddie shipper. For most people I've noticed they're either main character with sidekick character or sidekick character with sidekick character. Like, Moliver and Creddie or Loliver and Seddie.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Camy99

    Camy99

    [109]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 01/16/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 616

    No, I support Seddie and Loliver, but I also support Noze and Choey.

    For some it's the placement of the character for others it's just the characters themselves.

    Camy

    Edited on 05/07/2008 3:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chasefan100

    chasefan100

    [110]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 03/04/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,660
    I love Seddie. Carly and Freddie just doesn't seem right.

    Carly has never had feelings like that for Freddie.

    He's bound to get over that and start liking someone else *cough Sam* lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crzza

    crzza

    [111]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/28/07
    • level: 49
    • rank: Snufflupugus
    • posts: 12,122
    chasefan100 wrote:
    I love Seddie. Carly and Freddie just doesn't seem right.

    Carly has never had feelings like that for Freddie.

    He's bound to get over that and start liking someone else *cough Sam* lol
    Sam doesn't like him either.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sharethelove01

    sharethelove01

    [112]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 117

    "Is not general incivility the very essence of love?" ,Jane Austen.

    She says it all right there.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crzza

    crzza

    [113]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/28/07
    • level: 49
    • rank: Snufflupugus
    • posts: 12,122
    Who's that person? A poet or something?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chasefan100

    chasefan100

    [114]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 03/04/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,660
    crzza wrote:
    chasefan100 wrote:
    I love Seddie. Carly and Freddie just doesn't seem right.

    Carly has never had feelings like that for Freddie.

    He's bound to get over that and start liking someone else *cough Sam* lol
    Sam doesn't like him either.


    you always tease the ones you love
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sharethelove01

    sharethelove01

    [115]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 02/12/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 117

    crzza wrote:
    Who's that person? A poet or something?

    What?!?!?!? You don't know who Jane Austen is?!?!?!?! She wrote "Pride and Prejudice" which they made into a movie with Kiera Nightly as Elizabeth Bennett. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!! How do you not know this!!! Maybe it's just because I'm a freak but seriously you should rent the movie. She wrote many books but thats the most well-known.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of missyera

    missyera

    [116]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 07/17/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 505
    sharethelove01 wrote:

    "Is not general incivility the very essence of love?" ,Jane Austen.

    She says it all right there.



    I love that quote. Sums it all up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abz08

    abz08

    [117]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,901
    sharethelove01 wrote:
    You're not one to back down are you abz? But thats okay, I admire that. It makes this thread more interesting.


    XD No, no I don't. And thank you. XD

    sharethelove01 wrote:

    Quick question: Is it wierd to be a Moliver shipper and a Seddie shipper. For most people I've noticed they're either main character with sidekick character or sidekick character with sidekick character. Like, Moliver and Creddie or Loliver and Seddie.


    I don't think it's SO weird... like Camy said - some like the placement, others the characters. Or - if you were to ask me, I'd just say that, well - I pick the ship that's going to succeed. XD I have a very good track record. XD

    missyera wrote:
    sharethelove01 wrote:
    "Is not general incivility the very essence of love?" ,Jane Austen.

    She says it all right there.
    I love that quote. Sums it all up.


    *pouts* ... I hate you for that. Because Jane Austen is awesome, and that quote is awesome.
    missyera wrote:

    Seriously. At that age, he's already saying that he'll be her second husband? ...


    You mean you don't find that completely hilarious? XD XD Oh my gosh I LOVE that line. XD I don't even care if it's creepy weird or a tad obsessive... it's freaking. FUNNY.
    missyera wrote:
    Soon, he'll grow tired of his infatuation with Carly, (yeah, i think that's a better word than Love.) ... but I just think what Freddie feels for Carly, is just a harmless, short-lived obsession with a pretty & smart Carly Shay...


    True - it may have started OUT as an infatuation (an excellent word to describe it, btw), I mean, looking through his peephole until she came home? But they are now friends, best friends... and it's CARLY who can't wait for Freddie to come over, and needs him there. (Stretching it a little, I know... but )---



    And then as their friendship grows - it won't be an infatuation so much anymore. Sure - lingering effects of it will still be there (I'm sure you could name some, easy) - but it won't be infatuation anymore - he'll be loving the real Carly. The one that gets mad at him for being late, that he has to push off of his laptop, and that teases him - not the 'picture perfect' smart, cute, Carly Shay he knew before. ---


    missyera wrote:
    ... But my feeling is that, once Freddie DOES mature up, and when he finally stops his crush on Carly, that's when Carly might change her view towards Freddie. Cos' she might then be attracted to a non-obsessive Freddie, but unfortunately, I think Freddie would then have moved on too. (Though i hoped its to be with Sam of course. *giggles*)



    YOU'RE KIDDING! That's what I think! (Except of course - he would eventually come back to her and he wouldn't 'move on' with Sam.) Or at least I think that once Freddie 'moves on' that Carly will realize how much she really needs Freddie in her life - and it's so much more than just her technical producer, or even friend.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of missyera

    missyera

    [118]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 07/17/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 505
    abz08 wrote:
    You mean you don't find that completely hilarious? XD XD Oh my gosh I LOVE that line. XD I don't even care if it's creepy weird or a tad obsessive... it's freaking. FUNNY.
    Oh, no doubt about it. I DO find it completely hilarious. Especially with the way Freddie said it. But also hilariously delusional. But hey, that's just me. I don't speak for the whole world.
    abz08 wrote:
    YOU'RE KIDDING! That's what I think! (Except of course - he would eventually come back to her and he wouldn't 'move on' with Sam.) Or at least I think that once Freddie 'moves on' that Carly will realize how much she really needs Freddie in her life - and it's so much more than just her technical producer, or even friend.
    But when that time comes, it'll be too late. Sorry Carly. *chuckles* Jk.... Well then, we'll just have to wait and see i guess. Its anyone's ballgame now, and its up to the writers to determine which path they'll take. Though its funny....why do GUYS always get to be in the middle of these love triangles? Hmph....
    Edited on 05/07/2008 10:12pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Camy99

    Camy99

    [119]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 01/16/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 616
    Not in CITH. Which is actually kinda like this show in the fact that Cory had a huge crush on Meena, but I don't follow the show any more so I wouldn't be able to compare.
    Anyways, I think that what both our ships are waiting for is for that point when Freddie matures. I can almost say I'm 100% sure nothing's going to happen during his head-over-heels crush on Carly so I'll be patient (all while examining every Seddie moment )
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gryffinval7890

    gryffinval7890

    [120]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/02/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 656
    abz08 wrote:
    missyera wrote:
    Seriously. At that age, he's already saying that he'll be her second husband? ...
    You mean you don't find that completely hilarious? XD XD Oh my gosh I LOVE that line. XD I don't even care if it's creepy weird or a tad obsessive... it's freaking. FUNNY.
    i have to admit... i abslutely LOVE that line its soooo FUNNY! i laugh every time..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.