iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Why?

  • Avatar of pscf3

    pscf3

    [41]Oct 22, 2010
    • member since: 06/30/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,696
    I don't fear gayness. I just get kinda grossed out by it. This coming from a guy. Btw, what does //////////////// mean?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [42]Oct 22, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    pscf3 wrote:
    I don't fear gayness. I just get kinda grossed out by it. This coming from a guy. Btw, what does //////////////// mean?
    Fear is is not just being afraid of something,fear comes in many shapes and forms. People should love whom ever they want. I respect your opinion though . Don't know what //////////////// means.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jegolas1973

    jegolas1973

    [43]Oct 22, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/09
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,358

    I'm not mad at anyone, TeenJ12. That post was meant for the 10 Things Forum. It wound up here by mistake. That's why I replaced it with forward slashes.

    Edited on 10/22/2010 4:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Homefires2

    Homefires2

    [44]Dec 1, 2010
    • member since: 12/01/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    A guy who can't get behind the Cam relationship? Now that just doesn't make sense.



    Cam's the only one that makes sense to me. The other two pairings are cute but even if they were to get together, they would never last. Carly & Freddie already had their chance, if Carly had any feelings what-so-ever then they'd be together. Couldn't be more plain that she is not interested. Sam & Freddie have a lot of friction and they're good at antagonizing each other, which could turn into a romance. But they're at complete odds with each other and there's no way around that. They could maybe have a cute fling but sooner or later their massive differences will pry them apart.


    Now Carly & Sam, they have real chemistry. If they were to get together, they would be able to STAND to be with each other for an extended period. Besides, best friends always make up the best idyllic couples, in fiction at least...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [45]Dec 1, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168

    Homefires2 wrote:


    A guy who can't get behind the Cam relationship? Now that just doesn't make sense.



    Cam's the only one that makes sense to me. The other two pairings are cute but even if they were to get together, they would never last. Carly & Freddie already had their chance, if Carly had any feelings what-so-ever then they'd be together. Couldn't be more plain that she is not interested. Sam & Freddie have a lot of friction and they're good at antagonizing each other, which could turn into a romance. But they're at complete odds with each other and there's no way around that. They could maybe have a cute fling but sooner or later their massive differences will pry them apart.


    Now Carly & Sam, they have real chemistry. If they were to get together, they would be able to STAND to be with each other for an extended period. Besides, best friends always make up the best idyllic couples, in fiction at least...


    Don't ya know, opposites attract!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MusicAddictBabe

    MusicAddictBabe

    [46]Dec 19, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,909
    lol Yeah.

    Wow, I forgot about this thread. You know? I don't know where I stand with shipping anymore. Sadness (well, ok, not really).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fireofnature

    Fireofnature

    [47]Dec 21, 2010
    • member since: 07/16/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,572

    Still somewhat ship Seddie, because it seemed better for me, but now I don't care and I've backed off from it being a favorite for personal reasons...


    Now I'm more of a Jalerie (Jonah/Valerie) even though it's one of those less than obvious, not going to happen fanfictions, but you can still see it happening in ways that have nothing to do with iCarly at all...I mean they're assumed to be in the same grade, going to the same school, and so forth....it could always happen.


    I also go with one exception, only one person I usually pair Freddie up with in romantic sense, and that's Melanie. Started doing that when, for personal reasons, I needed to take a step back from Sam, since now she and her mother remind me too much of...some less than memorable people.


    Mostly I prefer the "Friend" ships, like Jonah and Freddie, or Sam and Valerie. (those are likely too, in some ways). So am I a non-canon person? Possible. Although as mentioned, both Jonah/Valerie and Freddie/Melanie could always be canon. Who knows what could happen if Dan decided to bring Melanie back or bring Jonah or Valerie back. I can see something like this


    *at the groovy smoothie*


    Sam: "Jonah?"


    Jonah: "Oh hey Sam."


    Valerie: "Jonah, hurry, we're going to be late for our date!"


    Sam/Freddie: "..." 0_0

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MusicAddictBabe

    MusicAddictBabe

    [48]Dec 21, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,909
    I agree too to an extent. Like, I love the Seddie friendship a lot. I used to like the Cam friendship a bit too, but the more I look at it, I often think, "...Wow. If she was my friend, I think I'd end up slapping her...or disowning her (whichever comes first lol)," because both have a weird sort of bond IMO. Such as, Sam "breaks into" Carly's apartment despite it being locked and other things. By the way, knowing that, why even bother locking the door lol? It seems like either a sort of "take-advantage-of" friendship or "dominant/submissive" friendship. Just my opinion.

    Though, despite that, don't get me wrong...they do have a pretty strong bond and I love their "true friendship" moments (like the sentimental ones).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [49]Dec 22, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    Fireofnature wrote:

    Still somewhat ship Seddie, because it seemed better for me, but now I don't care and I've backed off from it being a favorite for personal reasons...


    Now I'm more of a Jalerie (Jonah/Valerie) even though it's one of those less than obvious, not going to happen fanfictions, but you can still see it happening in ways that have nothing to do with iCarly at all...I mean they're assumed to be in the same grade, going to the same school, and so forth....it could always happen.


    I also go with one exception, only one person I usually pair Freddie up with in romantic sense, and that's Melanie. Started doing that when, for personal reasons, I needed to take a step back from Sam, since now she and her mother remind me too much of...some less than memorable people.


    Mostly I prefer the "Friend" ships, like Jonah and Freddie, or Sam and Valerie. (those are likely too, in some ways). So am I a non-canon person? Possible. Although as mentioned, both Jonah/Valerie and Freddie/Melanie could always be canon. Who knows what could happen if Dan decided to bring Melanie back or bring Jonah or Valerie back. I can see something like this


    *at the groovy smoothie*


    Sam: "Jonah?"


    Jonah: "Oh hey Sam."


    Valerie: "Jonah, hurry, we're going to be late for our date!"


    Sam/Freddie: "..." 0_0

    Jonah hasn't even been referenced too since season 1. I doubt he would ever come back.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fireofnature

    Fireofnature

    [50]Jan 5, 2011
    • member since: 07/16/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,572
    I know that. I didn't say he'd come back on the show.

    Anyway, I don't know if I can safely say I ship either pairing anymore. Creddie's nice, but it's too boring to me, too overdone in television. Seddie...let's just say my ex ruined that one for me, don't ask.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MusicAddictBabe

    MusicAddictBabe

    [51]Jan 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,909
    I agree...well...except for the "ex" thing. I think Creddie is a little "overdone" and Seddie is starting to make less and less sense as the show goes on (well, kinda...there's something about the ship I don't really like anymore, but I can't quite put my finger on it).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [52]Jan 6, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970
    Hmm well I think out of all the "Creddie-like" ships in children's television, Creddie is the best. I guess it depends on how they would get together, because the "I suddenly realize that I like you now" just seems awkward to me. If Creddie is planned be the ending couple, then I wish they would have stayed together in iSYL. As for Seddie, I know that it has been mentioned that they are friends but they have so many moments where it seems like they sincerely hate each other, like the whole Freddie wanting to stab somebody thing. There's such a lack of development now, that if they get together in the 4th season it will be way too fast and just like any love/hate relationship(which I absolutely hate). In iSAFW it looked like Creddie and Seddie haven't gone anywhere, which made me slightly less enthusiastic about shipping. I still ship Seddie though, I guess I'm just stubborn.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of schillingklaus

    schillingklaus

    [53]Jan 14, 2011
    • member since: 10/20/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,058

    Seddie, as they just don't deserve better. Recently I even prefer Fredward/Sabrina over Fredward/Samantha.

    For Carly, I know a lot of better guys, such as Dustin Brooks, Mikey Jay, and Charles Cornelius Gibson Carlsen aka Gibby. They don't permanently harass girls the way Freddie does, thus are much more suited for someone as sweet and smart as Carlotta Shay.

    Down to the lack of positive reasons for Samantha/Fredward, Seddie appears always necessarily rushed in my fanfiction.

    To the contrary, nobody ever complained about my wholehearted standard couples Cal/Quinn Pensky, Nevel Papperman/Megan Parker, or Spencer Shay/Zoey Brooks being rushed.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [54]Jan 14, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970

    teenj12 wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:
    Sorry if I made you mad, but it's kinda tue. Schilling would be all over this thread if he were here.
    Thank you and VC for explaining. I kinda forgot about that schilling dude.


    Mwahaha can't believe I did not notice you were trying to foreshadow schilling's reappearance. You're psychic, aren't ya?



    @schilling: Other than the addition of Freddie/Sabrina and Carly/Mikey Jay, you've stated this over 5 times on numerous threads. I think we get your point. If you think Sam and Freddie don't deserve other people, why can't both be "FOREVER ALONE"? (yay tumblr reference!) \


    Anyways I ended up changing my mind and started shipping Seddie and not shipping Creddie as much as I used to. I know, I guess I don't make firm decisions well...



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fireofnature

    Fireofnature

    [55]Jan 14, 2011
    • member since: 07/16/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,572
    Yeah, I'm actually thinking it won't be Creddie or Seddie at all. If anything, Fan War pretty much put an end to the idea of relationships.

    What I mean by "Creddie" being "over-done" is basically the main girl, supporting guy. Meaning like this: Carly=main girl, Sam=Supporting girl, Freddie=supporting guy. You NEVER see a "seddie" type thing. For example, look at even older shows like Lizzie McQuire for example, who got together? Lizzie/Gordo Main Girl, Supporting Guy. There were a lot of people out there, if I remember, rooting for Miranda/Gordo. It just wasn't going to happen.

    So iCarly's not the first, and it won't be the last, but anyone to hold hope for the "relationship-happiness" of the Supporting girl and Supporting guy is just losing out, it seems. What I'm glad is the show Victorious is one of the shows to break that rule with Beck and Jade. Main girl being Tori, supporting girl being Jade, supporting guy being Beck. We can clearly see that Beck loves Jade, so it's probable he won't end up with Tori unless something really bad happens. Plus if he lost Jade, it would obviously take him a while, speaking in realistic terms.

    However if we also look at the "relatioinship law" as I'm dubbing it, the Main girl usually always ends up with the supporting nerd type. We saw that in Lizzie, we saw that in Zoey 101, even iCarly had Freddie and Carly date for an episode, so we saw it there whether you want to admit it or not, and if you look at Victorious, it's Robbie crushing on Tori.

    So, this is why I don't watch much tv anymore. Well I don't usually watch it for relationships anymore, because it's so predictable. Although I WILL commend a show I don't like too much, and that's Hannah Montana, for blatantly breaking the rule and KEEPING IT. Lilly and Oliver ended up together, so you see supporting/supporting happiness, and technically they're still together, even if it is long distance, they did not break up. From what I understand.

    So if iCarly goes the way of the usual law and goes for relationships, as much as it pains me to say (well sort of, I don't care so much anymore) it's going to end up being Creddie. Predictable as always. Also Dan wrote Zoey 101, look who got together, the "Creddie" of Zoey. If iCarly goes the way I think it will, no relationships will come of it and Freddie might end up with someone else all together, if he does.

    What still pisses me off about the show, is Sam's lack of happiness. Meaning Carly gets the guys, gets the popularity, etc etc, Sam gets nothing. She's never gotten a steady boyfriend from what we've seen, or one that doesn't basically screw her over. Carly does: Griffen (which she broke up with in a shallow way, in my opinion), and actually does date a few people throughout the show, including Freddie.

    I don't even think the one guy Sam ended up dating in that one episode was even a good person, from what I remember, I think he did something that might have hurt her too. So she gets the short end of the stick always.

    What I wouldn't mind seeing, is Sam ending up happy with somebody, anybody at all, and Freddie ending up happy with anyone. Hell if Melanie came back, I think she and Freddie could make a good match. Carly should end up happy with someone too, and as someone said earlier, there are many good candidates for her
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MusicAddictBabe

    MusicAddictBabe

    [56]Jan 14, 2011
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,909
    VC - Yeah, I agree with the whole "I suddenly realize I like you" thing. That's sort of depressing.

    lol Creepy predictions.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of schillingklaus

    schillingklaus

    [57]Jan 15, 2011
    • member since: 10/20/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,058

    Being forever alone is an extreme bliss, as described in the gospel according to Thomas. Fredward and Samantha are materialists, thus not worthy of such a bliss.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nicknameless101

    nicknameless101

    [58]Jan 15, 2011
    • member since: 05/29/08
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 1,028

    schillingklaus wrote:


    Being forever alone is an extreme bliss, as described in the gospel according to Thomas. Fredward and Samantha are materialists, thus not worthy of such a bliss.

    Bla bla bla...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MusicAddictBabe

    MusicAddictBabe

    [59]Jan 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,909
    Erm...yeah...I don't quite know how to respond to that but I do feel the need to post something so...here ya go....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanillacupcakes

    vanillacupcakes

    [60]Jan 16, 2011
    • member since: 04/07/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,970
    I will probably regret asking this but how in the world is Freddie extremely materialistic??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.