iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

why is icarly self-contradicting?

  • Avatar of xiaxia123

    xiaxia123

    [1]Nov 25, 2010
    • member since: 12/15/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 119

    In the episode iGetPranky, Carly and Spencer were watching Drake and Josh. Yet in IStartaFanwar, it seemed as if Drake and Josh and iCarly existed in the same universe when we see Craig, Eric, and Gavin. What is the explanation for this?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RomanZolanski

    RomanZolanski

    [2]Nov 25, 2010
    • member since: 08/28/10
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,452
    ^We ASSUME that they were watching 'D&J', but maybe they weren't.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of saylavee

    saylavee

    [3]Nov 25, 2010
    • member since: 06/23/09
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,223
    Yeah for all we know they could've been watching "Drew and Jerry" Remember that? Lol.

    But there are plot holes in all shows from time to time. And this isnt really a big deal is it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [4]Nov 25, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    xiaxia123 wrote:

    In the episode iGetPranky, Carly and Spencer were watching Drake and Josh. Yet in IStartaFanwar, it seemed as if Drake and Josh and iCarly existed in the same universe when we see Craig, Eric, and Gavin. What is the explanation for this?



    Simple. Drake and Josh and iCarly don't exist in the same world. Graig, Eric, and Gavin are not Craig, Eric, and Gavin. They are who they are in the iCarly universe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sockstar

    sockstar

    [5]Nov 26, 2010
    • member since: 06/22/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 489
    Because Dan doesn't care and isn't concerned with continuity issues like that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [6]Nov 27, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    sockstar wrote:
    Because Dan doesn't care and isn't concerned with continuity issues like that.

    How is it a contunity issue?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 1MMfan

    1MMfan

    [7]Nov 27, 2010
    • member since: 12/06/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,983

    Wow, it's really not a big deal. Craig, Eric and Gavin never mentioned Drake or Josh, so you can't assume that their from the Drake and Josh world. And Dan always makes refrences to his past shows as a joke, so it really don't matter.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sockstar

    sockstar

    [8]Nov 27, 2010
    • member since: 06/22/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 489

    teenj12 wrote:
    sockstar wrote:
    Because Dan doesn't care and isn't concerned with continuity issues like that.
    How is it a continuity issue?



    Because it places characters from Drake And Josh, which is a fictional TV show in the iCarly/Zoey/Victorious shared universe, into the universe that Drake And Josh is a fictional tv show in! That's a continuity issue.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [9]Nov 27, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    sockstar wrote:

    teenj12 wrote:
    sockstar wrote:
    Because Dan doesn't care and isn't concerned with continuity issues like that.
    How is it a continuity issue?



    Because it places characters from Drake And Josh, which is a fictional TV show in the iCarly/Zoey/Victorious shared universe, into the universe that Drake And Josh is a fictional tv show in! That's a continuity issue.

    Just because those guys "look" like Eric and Craig, does not mean they are in the iCarly universe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sockstar

    sockstar

    [10]Nov 28, 2010
    • member since: 06/22/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 489
    Um... didn't they both call each other by their names?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [11]Nov 28, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    sockstar wrote:
    Um... didn't they both call each other by their names?
    'Shrugs'. I just re watched the eppie, its possible they are the same Eric, craig fom D and J, but its possible they are not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Canada_Michael

    Canada_Michael

    [12]Nov 28, 2010
    • member since: 08/21/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 454

    You as the viewer are meant to make the connection to the other shows, but the iCarly characters see them as ordinary people. The shows don't exist in the iCarly universe. An example would be the Flintstones episode where Sam & Darin from Bewitched show up, we know they are from Bewitched but to Fred & the gang they are just the new neighbours .

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LampEC

    LampEC

    [13]Nov 29, 2010
    • member since: 09/15/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 229

    Canada_Michael wrote:


    You as the viewer are meant to make the connection to the other shows, but the iCarly characters see them as ordinary people. The shows don't exist in the iCarly universe. An example would be the Flintstones episode where Sam & Darin from Bewitched show up, we know they are from Bewitched but to Fred & the gang they are just the new neighbours .


    Mind blown. If you connect that to how they say Victoria Justice looks a lot like Shelby Marx with the real world you could have a plausible theory for deja vu. ...what...nvm

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sockstar

    sockstar

    [14]Nov 29, 2010
    • member since: 06/22/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 489
    LampEC wrote:

    Canada_Michael wrote:


    You as the viewer are meant to make the connection to the other shows, but the iCarly characters see them as ordinary people. The shows don't exist in the iCarly universe. An example would be the Flintstones episode where Sam & Darin from Bewitched show up, we know they are from Bewitched but to Fred & the gang they are just the new neighbours .


    Mind blown. If you connect that to how they say Victoria Justice looks a lot like Shelby Marx with the real world you could have a plausible theory for deja vu. ...what...nvm



    That would work for a normal crossover.. except that it's not.

    Drake and Josh is a TV show in the iCarly world. Drake the actor/singer showed up on Zoey 101 playing himself, and Zoey 101 is is connected to iCarly which is connected to Victorious.

    What you describe is actually http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CelebrityParadox (ie, that considering that all those shows are connected, that Shelby Marx, Lola from Zoey 101 and Tori from Victorious all exist and all look identical to Victoria Justice, who doesn't exist in their universe.)

    What we are talking about is http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RecursiveCanon
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jegolas1973

    jegolas1973

    [15]Nov 29, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/09
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,359

    Don't forget also that ICarly, Victorious, Zoey 101, and Drake & Josh are produced by the same people.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Diamondgrl13

    Diamondgrl13

    [16]Nov 29, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 306
    sockstar wrote:
    LampEC wrote:

    Canada_Michael wrote:


    You as the viewer are meant to make the connection to the other shows, but the iCarly characters see them as ordinary people. The shows don't exist in the iCarly universe. An example would be the Flintstones episode where Sam & Darin from Bewitched show up, we know they are from Bewitched but to Fred & the gang they are just the new neighbours .


    Mind blown. If you connect that to how they say Victoria Justice looks a lot like Shelby Marx with the real world you could have a plausible theory for deja vu. ...what...nvm



    That would work for a normal crossover.. except that it's not.

    Drake and Josh is a TV show in the iCarly world. Drake the actor/singer showed up on Zoey 101 playing himself, and Zoey 101 is is connected to iCarly which is connected to Victorious.

    What you describe is actually http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CelebrityParadox (ie, that considering that all those shows are connected, that Shelby Marx, Lola from Zoey 101 and Tori from Victorious all exist and all look identical to Victoria Justice, who doesn't exist in their universe.)

    What we are talking about is http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RecursiveCanon


    Whoa!..ok, you guys are kinda blowin my mind a little bit here..lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of _Flutterlight_

    _Flutterlight_

    [17]Nov 29, 2010
    • member since: 08/29/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,393
    Well if you think of it, technically Carly has a super smart, genius twin of herself running around, because she played that one character on Zoey 101, and Stacey from Zoey 101 made an appearance on the show, signifying the "universes" of the show are the same.

    I'd say the references don't really mean anything. They're like the ages of the Peanuts characters (where Charlie Brown is at least three years older than Linus, yet they're in the same grade, and Sally's in the same grade as Linus, but not Charlie Brown.), they don't really matter.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pscf3

    pscf3

    [18]Dec 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/30/10
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,696
    Craig, Eric, and Gavin from D&J appeared in iStart a FanWar, and Carly and Spencer have been seen watching D&J episodes the Storm and Megan's Revenge in iGet Pranky. It's a simple little plothole.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenj12

    teenj12

    [19]Dec 11, 2010
    • member since: 07/17/10
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,168
    pscf3 wrote:
    Craig, Eric, and Gavin from D&J appeared in iStart a FanWar, and Carly and Spencer have been seen watching D&J episodes the Storm and Megan's Revenge in iGet Pranky. It's a simple little plothole.
    There's still little evidence iCarly and D&J are in the same universe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sockstar

    sockstar

    [20]Dec 12, 2010
    • member since: 06/22/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 489
    There's another idea now.. that they were watching the Drew and Jerry (iirc) show that ended up being made as a show that Drake And Josh watched.

    Which could mean the 4 shows all exist together, as well as all the actors (since Drake the actor showed up on Zoey 101), meaning you'd have multiple look-alikes of the actors who played them, like 4 Victoria Justice's (Lola, Shelby, Tori and then Victoria herself), and the same for Miranda and Jenette. Lol.

    Imagine 4 Miranda's *drool*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.