iCarly

iMeet the First Lady

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jan 16, 2012 on Nickelodeon

6.2
  • It was a little disappointing in my opinion

When the group disrupts an important government feed to talk to Carly's father, the government cracks down on them. When realizing their intentions, Michelle Obama comes to their aid. This was a great episode of "iCarly" but it was a little disappointing though. First of all, the episode felt like it went by too fast and Michelle Obama was only in like the last 5 minutes of the episode which kinda angered me. I just really don't like it when a person that you like/love guest stars in an episode and they turn out to appear near the end of the episode. My mom who really doesn't like this show decided to stick around for this episode since it had the First Lady Michelle Obama in this episode and it seemed cool. I didn't ask my mom what she thought about the episode but from the look of her face, she looked disappointed. My aunt also looked disappointed as well since she kinda likes "iCarly" and wanted to see more Michelle Obama. Not only did that issue lower my score but Sam was also a little annoying in this episode such as when she asked for a sandwich when Michelle Obama is speaking. Come on, Sam couldn't show respect to the most important woman in the world. My score wasn't any lower though was because the storyline is well written and I loved the moment with Carly and Spencer celebrating their father's birthday through the iCarly cam. Another thing that disappointed me a little was that we never saw who Carly and Spencer's father looked like. This show is at its 5th season and they still never showed their father. As for the humor... there wasn't a whole lot but the only parts that did make me laugh were the cake exploding by Spencer about a few times, cake from the ceiling falling on Gibby, T-Bo's short appearance, and Sam in her disguise and giving Carly and Freddie wigs and passports to leave Seattle. The ending of the episode was pretty good as well. Overall, it's cool that we saw Michelle Obama but the episode was a little disappointing and I thought that after all these Season 5 episodes being weak and not very good... I would give this episode a 10 but it sadly didn't live up to my expectation but yeah, it's great episode but it just could have been better. 8/10