iCarly

iSaved Your Life

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Jan 18, 2010 on Nickelodeon

• Freddie saves Carly's life which results in her questioning how she really feels about him. Meanwhile, Sam and Spencer have a paintball fight to find out who is the ultimate assassin.

Overall I was kind of dissapointed with this episode. It wasn't bad, but it was nothing to write home about either. My expectations were probably too high, but then again, how could they not be? Freddie saves Carly's life! Car! Injry! Life saving! On iCarly! This would result in high expectations, no?

This is one of the few times where I can easily say that the subplot was better than the main one. I was much more entertained and interested in the Spencer/Sam thing than with Carly and Freddie. Maybe this just goes to show that I need Sam to keep me interested in things, I don't know. Carly and Freddie DID get some development, I'll give it that. Lots if kissing and Freddie shows his maturity yet again by deciding to wait until his hero status wears off before continuing a relationship with Carly. (all thanks to a mature conversation with Sam. Guess she has her moments, huh?)

Sam and Spencer were hilarious as usual. Her final attack on Spencer was great, really didn't see that coming! Kudos to the writers. This is the kind of episode that probably should've been an hour long. Episodes like iFight Shelby Marx really don't need to be, but for something like this, I think it'd be better. With so much to show and so much story to be told, its hard to cram it into a half hour, when in reality it's only like 23 minutes. I think it could have been a lot better if the story had more time.

I give it a 7. The main plot was rather boring after the first 10 minutes, but the episode was redeemed for me with the subplot.