iCarly

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

marcdragicevic

ICarly Fan Reviews (527)

7.7
  • Ah, here we go again...

iCarly is a Nickelodeon show created by Dan Schneider. The show did end recently after the final episode entitled: I have watched a lot of iCarly before giving a final judgement so please keep that in mind first. OK, let's begin the review!

Plot:

The concept of this show is based around Carly Shay, a teenage girl who runs a web show with her two best friends (Sam Puckett and Freddie Benson). Also, Carly lives in an apartment at Bushwell Plaza with Spencer, her older brother who is (or was) a lawyer turned artist.

OK, so far the plot doesn't seem to bad. The idea of a show within a show actually sounds promising but the execution is actually mediocre.

So, iCarly started when the gang were forced to judge a talent show as a punishment. When Carly and Sam made jokes about Ms. Briggs, Freddie filmed it and the video got millions of views on SplashFace and things went from there.

OK, the only thing that questions me in the plot so far is the fact that Carly and Sam got millions of views on a video in seconds. Other than that, the plot is fine I guess.

Characters:

The characters in the show don't really interest me that much to be honest. It seems like the creators of iCarly got the stereotypical personalities and spent 5 minutes developing them.

Carly: Being the main character of the show, Carly is usually the sweet teenage girl who always tries to fix people's problems. The main thing I don't like about this character is the fact that she bosses her older brother around and sometimes she tends to act like a three year old when she doesn't get her way (for example: the MMA fight episode). Also, she tends to act as one of Sam's followers whenever Freddie is abused by her and this doesn't set a good example for children. I feel that Miranda Cosgrove (the actress for Carly) doesn't really fit this role, in my opinion she was better as Megan from Drake and Josh.

Sam: She is one of Carly's best friends who is a tomboy with an obsession for food and fighting. I don't particularly like Sam's character either because she abuses Freddie way too much and she pretty much likes to criticize him every 5 seconds. Also, she starts fights for no reason and she has also been in prison way too many times for illegal activities. At one point, she put herself in a mental hospital because she liked Freddie and the gang busted her out (again, doesn't set a good example). I do admit that she can have some nice moments though.

Freddie: One of the few characters I tend to pity a lot. He pretty much serves a purpose as a punching bag and target for abuse in 99% of iCarly episodes and he doesn't really have a backbone whenever he tries standing up to Sam. Also, he did appear to be a stalker in Season 1 due to the fact that he was obsessed over Carly. His character did grow on me in the later seasons though.

Spencer: He is the older brother of Carly who was a lawyer for three days and he is now an artist. To be honest, I don't see him as a guardian, he comes across as pretty irresponsible and he seems too lenient, expect his leniency isn't on the same level as Jessie Prescott's from Disney's At times, he can act like a child on drugs but there are times where he does become serious every now and then.

Gibby: I don't have much to say about him other than the fact that he is a target for fat jokes, which irritates me a lot.

Nevel: He is the person who has been the rival of the iCarly gang since he reviewed their show. He does have an obsession for ruining iCarly and he is another target of abuse.

Jokes:

In earlier seasons of iCarly, the jokes weren't so bad but they started getting overdone and flat to the point where it isn't even funny anymore.

Moral value:

I don't really see much moral value in iCarly, it seems like it's teaching children the wrong things and it seems inappropriate at times.

Summary:

I have decided to give this show a 3.0. It does have potential but it seems like the creators screwed up the show in some ways.
  • Why Do People Like This?

This Show is Boring
  • i love your show.10

i wish i could be there with u. u rock.

• iBoring.

This is one of the main reasons why Nickelodeon has gone down the drain. This show is overrated and is stupid, much like Adventure Time. Also, note that this is made by Dan Schneider, who makes the worst shows imaginable. If you want to know a guy who makes the BEST shows ever, try shows that invole Craig McCracken.
  • nahhhhhh

nahhhhh
  • ICARLY IS THE BEST

One of the best shows in the history of the world like all Dan Scnheider's shows is incretable funny and intreresting maby the best show by Dan Schneider and one of the best on TV.
  • Great Show

To ReviewGuy AKA Nintendogirl98 AKA mewtwo151, you need to watch the show closer if you claim there's "no minorities". T-Bo and The Principal (the guy who played Tuvok on Star Trek: Voyager) were both [Black] recurring characters. Socko [although never seen on screen] was Hispanic. There were of course likely plenty of others who probably appeared in single episodes.
  • I don't know why I ever liked garbage.

I use to like this show a lot but looking back on it this show is really upsetting.

this will be split up into 2 parts Episodes, Characters

Episodes

icarly is a terrible show with an annoying laugh track that plays ALL THE TIME! even when an unfunny joke is being played. This show has terrible morals. Morals are either entirely forgotten by the characters or aren't even mentioned. an example is during the SamxFreddie arc where Carly tells sam and freddie to sort out their own problems and then she solves one of their problems in the very next episode The most infamous example of unfriendly moral is imeetfred what the fanbase can agree on as the WORST EPISODE in the entire series. where Freddie is hated on (and even threatened with his life) for an opinion (and he was pretty nice about it too) The worst part about it is the fact that Sam beat him up with a Tennis Raquet because he wouldn't apologize for saying "I just don't think Fred is all that funny" another terrible episode is "isellpennytees" where Sam enslaves a group of children (And this is played for laughs) My least favorite episode has to be "idate a bad boy" when Carly starts to act like a slut for no reason at all. disrespects her brother and then dumps her boyfriend for such a shallow reason that teaches kids that you will be dumped or not be cool for having unpopular interest.

CHARACTERS

Dan Schneider has a serious problem with creating characters

Carly: the main character of any Dan schenider show (Zoey,Tori) an bitchy Mary Sue who solves everyone's problems and get's straight A's Has no personality and begs for attention and cries when she doesn't get what she wants (she even says this in an episode) The only personality trait wikipedia can come up with is that she is shallow. Carly is also shown to not have any other friends than Sam and Freddie. Sam talks to other girls and has another friend named Wendy and Freddie is in tons of clubs but Carly is usually always shown alone because no one like a bitch. (I like Miranda Cosgrove though)

Sam. I love Jeanette MCcurdy but her character Sam is such a terrible person. She bullies everyone around and does not get any karma or payback. every time she hurts Freddie, it is played for laughs (If the tables were turned and if it was Freddie who was the abuser, Freddie would be the most hated person on the show)

Freddie, Okay, you guys get it I love the actor but hate the character. Freddie is a doormat nerd who can't stand up for himself

Spencer, So stupid and irresponsible

Gibby, once he stop taking his shirt off I stopped caring about him.

there are no minorities in the show (which can be a case of fridge brilliance because Seattle is one of the whitest cities in America) and maybe it's a good thing because Minority are always treated poorly in Dan Schneider shows. overall icarly is a terrible show. final score 1/10

• I used to love this show, but not I don't anymore.

When I was younger, I used to be a desperate fan of iCarly. Now I don't really like it anymore. Sam is an extremely unlikable character, and seeing her on Sam and Cat(which I'm falling behind on) they put her cruel personality on an overdrive, which means she is even worse on the new show. The laugh track plays all the time, and it got repetitive fast. I feel sorry for the people who grow up on Nick. If you're searching for a good Dan Schneider show, watch Drake and Josh, you'll have a much better time with the stepbrothers.
  • I love iCarly but...

I love the show iCarly but as I was watching I noticed 4 things.

1. Why is it so immensly popular? The webshow i mean. It's not funny just slightly annoying and stupid. If iCarly was a real webshow I wouldnt watch it.

2. Carly is kind of a brat. (KINDA not by much)

3. That Messin With Lewbert segment is so cruel. Basically all they do is humilate Carly's doorman Lewbert (ill admit hes annoying) and put it on the internet. Just cause you dont like someone doesnt mean you do something like that. Whats even worse is this is aimed at little kids so now they're gonna do it just because iCarly did it.

4. Why do they always say Carlys hot? She's not that pretty. I think Sams cuter.

one more thing i noticed is their sense of humor is stupid. seriously whats so funny about making fun of someones boobs? or a fake pie?
  • I've seen much worse.

This show is stupid from 2nd season to last. 1st season was alright, it actually had a little bit of crap that was funny, but after season 2 it got into making fun of old people and homeless people. Plus Sam and Freddie DATED which was not the plot of the show. It's just about teenage girl named Carly and how she does a web show along with a b**chy friend named named Sam (Samantha) and a what could have been her boyfriend (Freddie). Here is what I thought of the characters.

Carly: Too bratty about everything Sam and Freddie do. Should have been Freddie's girlfriend since he was desperate.

Sam: Oh please? What are you doing on the show? Go back to prison where you belong, CREATURE, even though you are a hotie you NEED to go back to prison.

Spencer: Little less craziness please. It's like Crazy Steve all over again. But he did stick up and say no to Carly to go to a fight and she acted like a 2 year old about it.

Freddie: Stop being so nerdy and maybe you would have gotten Carly to be your girlfriend.

Gibby: Ehh you were OK, I'm glad you stopped taking off your shirt after you got older. Stop being real stupid though.

Overall I give it a D.

• Ithink this show doesn't even make an attempt

1.5
    I didn't watch the first season but I heard it was descent. Now here we are something seasons latter and the show is terrible. It tries to hard to be random and overall it's not funny. It's not clever in what it's trying to do. The acting is over the top and stupid. We've seen these ideas before and can tell you how they are going to turn out before the opening titles finish. The show is unrealistic and over dramatic and us as the viewers have seen much better teen dramas then the garbage this show about. This show was very easy for them to do get a cast of people no ones heard of and just say random thigs at times. They didn't need a script or even a writer. Becuase it's not hard to tell that this show didn't have either. There aren't even a attempt at real jokes. The random humor works for CN becuase it's not just random humor in shows like Adventure Time. There are also real jokes and characters you care for the characters and have a story. I think theres no redemetion for this show. If nothing else the actors that are playing over the topic characters are trying to deliver a real preformance. The thing that annoys me the most though is the internet jokes and the stupidy that comes with that. They could have made a real attempt and it may not have been good but it would still be alot better than the show we are stuck with now.
  • iLove It

I watched just about every episode I have on DVD. Seasons 1-5 are available on the market as seasons 1-4, but where are seasons 6&7 as season 5 on DVD? It's not like I'm upset, but I just gotta see 6&7 on DVD. Other than that, phenomenal ending that was that iCarly had.
  • Another Great Series by the Master Dan Schneider

Well it was not Drake and Josh, but it was a great show, delightful for all ages. Icarly was hilarious and over the years really grew into a show everyone (well, all those with sense) will have fond memories of.
  • Average show

5.5
    iCarly is definitely not the best show on tv but is one of the better shows on nickelodeon. Its at least superior to Big Time Rush and New Spongebob. I was a big fan of iCarly when it first came out but now I'm bored with it. Its an average show. Some episodes are interesting while aren't. The acting on the show is pretty decent. The actors do their best with what they have to work with. There's also some funny scenes in some episodes but the humor doesn't always work. Overall,iCarly is a decent show but you probably will get bored with it after a while
  • THIS IS SHIT!

The only people who would like this show are females in between the age of 8 and 20, girly girl and tomboy. Yes, even tomboys. Nick is horrible now, ever since the channel got that laughing kids and lightbulb logo. Spongebob also got crappy around there. This show doesn't belong on nick, it belongs on Disney Channel, which I like to call the free buffet. But there is now tons of garbage on nick now like the recent Spongebob, Sam And Cat, Dora (what the fuck?!) etc. The only good show on recently was Robot And Monster, but that was unfortunately very short lived, only had about 20 episodes, and only lasted a mere half a year and was cancelled due to innapropriate content due to the innuendo scene from the thanksgiving episode in December 2012. Nick, just give up. You are a disgrace. Please just give up already.
  • pretty f***ed up jokes for a kids show.

I grew up with the early years of this show, so I used to like it.

But this show is stupid, cruel, and unrealistic.

I was 12 when I last watched this, and that was for Jerry Trainor. almost 5 years later, I can't even watch it anymore despite Trainor being so good. I never noticed how much it's filled with "You must be popular" and "Make fun of kid's low self confidences" undertones are present.
  • iSh*tty

I consider this one of the worst shows nick has ever made. there's a lot of stuff that pisses me off so much. the show is a bad influence to the kids who watch it. not to mention horrible at the same time.

I'm going to give out reasons why this show sucks

1. It's not even funny the humour and punch lines are weak, and don't make sense at the same time.

2. It treats guys like sh*t one obvious example is sam mis-treating freddie and freddie's too much of a giant chicken sh*t to fight back

3. they don't perform in front of a live-audience even worse, they spam laugh tracks, mostly at the stupidest parts where nothing funny happens.

4. they tell kids its okay to make fun of hobos, seriously what's so funny about people who lost they're homes?

5. they used the word hobknocker look it up on urban dictionary if you dare!

6. they mention things related to the upper chest area of the female human anatomy, seriously inappropriate for kids

7. they tell kids its wrong to have your own opinion or speak your mind, be like everybody else. it basically says "agree with everyone else or get scroched!" just like what happened to freddie in the "fred" episode. freddie just said his opinion and he gets scroched over it? that just tosses the term "freedom of speech" out the window.

Overall rating: why Dan Schneider?
  • Probally one of Dan Schniders best works ever

I dont know why this show gets labled bad. Marvin Marvin and Bucket & Skinner are bad shows but iCarly is actually decent. It was the show I would always enjoy watching when it aired on Nick. Plus, it also had the only good episode of Lucas (the guy who did FRED) where he did a pretty decent job acting. From the piolet to the finale, the show did a good job. Some of the jokes were gross but they were outshined by the ones that were actually funny. Practiclly every character from Carly to Spencer were likable and hilarious. Even the antagonists like Nevil Papperman and Lubert Sline the doorman were solid characters that I enjoyed. Plus, Sam has her own show now so you kind of see the iCarly world carry on in a way. If you disagree, too bad you dont know what a real good show is.
  • iHate This Show

iCarly is the show that began the downfall of Nickelodeon. First of the all, the jokes are not funny and are so random and pointless. I mean, on their little web series, Carly and Sam do random things that aren't funny, and frequently burst into a Random Dancing segment, which isn't even dancing. They just jump around. Also, they invite several guests on this show, including Fred, which involves him eating a cabbage and screaming in a spaghetti pool. This show is trying to throw creative ideas at us, but it's just coming across as another sitcom in which speaks down to its audience. Even though most of the main cast are solid actors, especially Miranda Cosgrove, I recommend you watch them in something else. iCarly is horrible, and is a disgrace to 90s Nickelodeon shows.
  • Went Out Like A Champion

iCarly is the kind of show that started off great. Season 1 was in the developing stage, but you could tell it the show was going to be something special. The next two seasons were probably their best. It was fast-paced, the jokes were funny, and everything was on fire. Sam was downright evil to Freddie ("iKiss was her most disgusting moment) but now we know why. It wasn't around 2011 that the show really got annoying and downright bad. It felt like: "We're a bunch of young adults doing this because we need the paycheck so let's try to phone it They virtually wasted an entire opening pre-credits segment on who ate the pepperoni off a pizza.

But the series finale was awesome. I think a lot of people would have loved it anyway because it was really ending and Dan Schneider created the damn show, but I digress. It was everything it needed to be (and it put a smile on my face when Carly kissed Freddie, like five damn years of speculation had ended proudly). That's how you go out. They even showed Carly's father at long last. Everything an iCarly diehard could want went into that finale.

I always thought that Dan had three "kids" in terms of TV shows: All That, Drake & Josh and iCarly. I feel like he was attached to those three shows. Even though iCarly was pretty crappy near the ending, once the ending came, it felt like all those horrible episodes were worth the while. Besides, the show had three good-to-great years before that crap. To this day, "iGet Pranky" is still their best episode other than the finale. iCarly was built for success and I'd like to think Dan thought that way too.
  • Why did they stop the show???

I LOVED I carly from the beginning! I couldn't WAIT for the first episode to come on! In November of last year, I fell to peices when they said I carly was saying IGoodbye. I stayed up and watched the whole thing. I was in tears! Then i thought, Why? I LOVED IT! Ibringbacktheshow!
  • iReview

This show is pretty good. I'm surprised it lasted that long. The final episode sucked. Actually, the entire last season sucked. I loved this show but wasn't sad when it ended. They're grownups now and it had to end someday. Overall, I really like this show. One of nickelodeons few good shows in the past five years.
  • iCarly is one of the better shows on Nickelodeon, other than horrific shows such as Fanboy and Chum Chum and Marvin Marvin.

My third TV review.

Okay, now, why I rated iCarly to a 6.5 out of 10 is because this show actually has some funny scenes in some episodes, and sometimes, the humor in this show can get boring sometimes. This show is about a 18 year old woman named Carly Shay, who lives with her 31 year old brother, Spencer Shay, and her friends Sam Puckett and Freddie Benson, and they are actually pretty funny in this good show. As I said before, iCarly is actually one of the better shows on Nickelodeon nowadays, other than horrific shows like Fanboy and Chum Chum, Marvin Marvin, How to Rock, Victorious, Big Time Rush, etc. Stay tuned for more reviews!

My rating: 6.5 out of 10
  • WOW..

ICARLY'S STUPID??!! IT'S ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR SHOWS IN AMERICA.. WHO'S STUPID NOW? .-.
  • Carly is spoiled and Freddie needs to grow a pair.

Honestly they cant go 2 seconds without using the laugh track and its annoying as hell. The characters are all messed up and don't make any sense, and the jokes are not the least big funny. THis show is shit.
  • LET ME LAY DOWN THE LINE.

Carly, stop being such a spoiled little brat. Just because Spencer didn't want you to go to that fight, doesn't mean you have to be a little bi*ch and complain about it. Throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old isn't gonna change Spencer's mind about letting you go to the fight. Just grow up and act your age you ignorant spoiled brat.

Sam, stop abusing everyone around you, including your peers. Stop harrassing Freddy. What did he ever do to you? Nothing. You put him through hell everyday of his life and it seems to me you really don't give a rat's a**. Be nice once in a while, because it seems to me you have a shriveled cold heart, you ungrateful creature.

Freddy, stand up for yourself once in your life and GROW A PAIR! For god sake, they run you around like a slave and you just let them do that? You have to learn to speak up for yourself and say "NO!" You do everything for them and make the whole god dam webshow, now it's time for them to do something generous for you, instead of being their monkey.

Spencer, You need to be taught how to be a responsible guardian. You never look out for your baby sister, all you do is take Carly wherever she wants, No matter at what time, where it is, or what place. You need to learn how to say "NO!" also. You're obviously not fit to be a guardian, so I Highly suggest you discipline her once in your life.

Freddy's mom, stop being so OVERPROTECTIVE! You're making him anti-social and you're ruining his life! Stop treating him like he's three, treat him like an adult! You need to stop this sh*t, because I don't think your son likes what you're doing.

Gibby, PUT YOUR SHIRT BACK ON! Nobody wants to see your fat jiggle, that's just uncalled for.

And don't even get me started on the plots. They're so random that it's not even funny.
  • icarly lebureart 100

full epsiodesbye
  • Was good ,but then.

This show was actually pretty dang good in the beginning,but now it's crap the jokes are lame and boring and it's stupid 5/10 mediocre/average
  • YES ITS GOOOOOOONE

No more quick comedy that was cheesy. This shows actors acted for cash, not for a comedic reason, just for a quick paycheck. Only a show that is appealing to 10 year olds.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10