iCarly

marcdragicevic

ICarly Fan Reviews page 5 of 18

7.7
  • I Love Icarly

Well, I love Icarly although sam got really fat in the latest season. Also, I think that the latest season where sam throws herself into mental hospital is really awkard...
  • abosolute garbage( Do people not know what GOOD tv is anymore, This is ridiculous)

I hate this show so much. The story about a girl in Seattle named Carly Shay who lives with her brother named Spencer, and her two best friends Freddie Benson and Sam Puckett. The three best friends decide to start a web show because after looking at internet videos then they thought they could do better, that was a DAMN LIE. First the characters Carly is this annoying spoiled bratty girly-girl idiot who gets whatever she wants and never gets punished in the end for whatever bad thing she does. Sam makes tomboys look bad being rude,mean,Obnoxious and terrible to Freddie for no reason plus she also making fried chicken jokes and being violent ALL THE TIME and she as annoying as Carly. Now Freedie I truly don't understand him he used to be this tec nerd with good morals and acted right he was a little stalker at first but he was okay, but now he just like everybody else a spoiled brat what I really don't get is if he keeps getting abused by Sam why doesn't he just find new friends their not really good Friends. Now for the plot yes the idea is original but done very poorly like their web show is Utterly pointless and stupid they do the most ridiculous things like making chicken noodle soup in a toilet or having Spencer(who i forgot to put in so it will be at the end and Gibby to) play a baby while feeding him random gross food also RANDOM DANCING this is really retarted feature of the show or a bra telling scary stories like I said the web show is pointless. Now the laugh track is super duper annoying it goes off every 2 seconds on something that isn't funny or funny at all. The life lessons in this show are awful ex. carly wants to go to a mma and Spencer says no she goes anyway gets caught spencer tries to be the responsible adult and punish her gets thrown onto a table, and in the end she goes up to her iCarly studio and starts dancing with guy who knocked out her brother earlier and gets a way with it WTF Carly gets away with everything no matter what, So the lessons are do what ever you want you won't get into trouble. Carly and Sam dress and act like slut's not good role models. Alright let rap this up now Spencer he this weird artistic guardian who lets Carly do whatever she wants And finally Gibby he this fat *** who keeps saying "GIBBYYYYY" all the time why is just plain annoying. Final score 1/10
  • Well Written, Good Storylines but Sometimes Annoying

Well, this is clear. iCarly is the best sitcom on Nick right now. Reaching high ratings it makes it a rememberable show. Sometimes storylines and jokes are annoying, but it happens in any sitcom.
  • This show is pretty good, but there are better Nick shows.

OK I like this show, really I do, but its not the best Nick show there are shows that are a lot better. Now this show takes place in Seattle with the beautiful Carly Shay (portrated by the beautiful Miranda Cossgrove) host a webshow called iCarly with her co-host/best friend Sam Puckett with the Tech, producer Freddie Benson and Carly lives with her brother Spencer Shay and they have a weird friend named Gibby Gibson. Now i don't like in the show Carly getting what shoe wants, like what ever she wants for the show Spencer does it and everything goes according to her, Some episodes Sam is mean to poor Freddie, and some bad episodes. Now the best season is obisouly Season 4, i laugh and was shocked so much in that season, but this show is pretty good. Overall 8/10.
  • Titles are annoying.

It's cool ;)
  • Meh. Need four more words.

It was hilarious before, but it's all about the "SEDDIE" or "CREDDIEEE." Thank god that era was over. 9.5/10
  • Somewhere along the line, this show went from funny, to just downright harsh. But that aside, it is a sitcom that many can enjoy, and others telling their kids not to follow the example of Carly and crew.

When the show first started, with a setting in Seattle, but filmed in Los Angeles, the creators wanted you to think of Carly and Freddy as being good innocent kids. They were for many seasons, but eventually one of them, Carly, became rude and obnoxious. Sam, who started out as the rude one, continued to do so. The only person who stayed a good example to kids most of the time was Freddy. Now your asking, why am I talking about this? Because, it is relevant. This show made parental figures in most cases be dumb and uncaring. It made the kids, teens, and young adults be the real leaders and smart ones here. Even the older brother, Spencer, wouldn't be a good role model parents would want their kids to learn from. As the show progressed, wardrobes revealed more and more. The innocence that Carly once beamed, was lost for a snarky, sarcastic, and unappealing young woman.

Good parents would care about what their kids watch, because it does make a difference in how they act. This show would not be a good example for how kids should act, because in nearly every episode, characters are being disrespectful toauthoritative characters like parents, teachers, and adults in general. The show, like mostDan Schneiderworks, is very romantically involved, as he begins to push the boundaries of romance in later seasons.

As the cast gets older, their morals change, and so does how they act. Which was once cute and funny, became strange and mean when a once young girl became angry at people. It was a strange class of times, and didn't look too well. I am well aware most people didn't notice this, but if you got back and watch the show, anyone would agree these characters, with the exception of a few, showed little respect for adults. That is worrisome since this show was a top rated show among tweens and teens. Do we want to raise people with these kind of models?

Besides the moral aspects, the show had unique plots that only Schneider himself could have come up with. Sprinkling his own type of humor on top, as he is famous for. He has once again, like Drake and Josh, made another gem of a show on his resume. The episodes overall are enjoyable and funny, but again be warned, as the show progressed, funny became known as insults and disrespect. It wasn't just plain old humor anymore.

• This show proves that Nick live action shows (since 2007) are horrible.

0.5
    Well, I don't really like this show at all. I mean, I don't get the huge deal of it. In my opinion, this show probably ruins live action for Nick. I thought the older live action shows were great, but almost 5 years ago, this came. I didn't heard about this show until summer 2008. I watch it twice and what do I think about it? I couldn't stand it all.Yep, after two episodes during an awesome summer I had, I decided to see this show ever again, yet some of my friends/cousins may change the channel to Nick whenever it's on. Miranda Cosgrove is not a bad actress, but I'm not fond of her character (and singing). The other actors are alright although if I did like the show, my favorite would be Spencer (Jerry Trainor). My HUGE problem is that there's a TV Movie every 5-6 months. Overall, I couldn't stand this show at all. Nick has really gone downhill with live action (not animated). .5/10
  • A good Show to Pre- teen and teens, better than shows on Disney

I really like from the fourth season where the players are bigger and made the script with more grace and consistency, I like
  • Started: BAD Now: SPECTACULAR

This show in my opinion, the first season was a simple stupidity but from the third season and the actors note Dan Schneider grew up and noticed a little more show and was more consistent. it's my favorite show and I regret to say
  • I Like this Show

It's Good, and now i can realize that Carly, Sam and Freddie grow up and they don't are children anymore.

Im Argentinian
  • I dont get it That much.

This show is sometimes funny and sometimes not. Sometimes I dont even get this show. All the characters are soooo annoying. (Except Spencer) But these kids act like 20 years olds, kissing, going out on their own, dating, hitting on people, making webshows! aren't they like 13 or 14???? I know its just a show BUT ITS A KIDS SHOW!

• iCarly is a good show, no matter what these haters out there say. The series has won over 4 awards, and was nominated for over 20 awards and it is a instant hit for kids, tweens, and ETC. (Truth).

Reading all of those TV.com review, All I can say is "STOP hating/saying bad statements about iCarly." iCarly is not a bad show, but it is to you, or maybe not, IF you are fan. So, let's get into the review now.

iCarly is a Nickelodeon television series about a girl named Carly and her best friend, Sam, and her other friend/neighbor, Freddie, who start up a web show called, "iCarly", while balancing the status of the web show with everyday life and the problems that they face throughout their lives.

First of all, The gags are really funny. An example is in the iCarly episode, "iMove Out", when one of the "Petograpghers" says, "So, you want things to get ugly", and Sam states in response, "Things got ugly when you entered the room". That is a funny comeback/scene for the series, iCarly. There are many other gags throughout the series. If you do not believe me, go check for yourself.

Second of all, the plotting is well-written and original. A good example is a season four iCarly episode, "iPity the Nevel". In this iCarly episode, A video recorded of Nevel harshly screaming at a innocent little girl (even while crying) for a very tiny mistake unintentionally done completely ruins his image. When it is broadcast through the Internet, Everyone who has seen the video HATES Nevel, to the iCarly gang's satisfaction. In order to redeem his image and bring his reputation back, Nevel pays a visit to the gang and begs for help. Problems soon ensue when Nevel's attempt to redeem himself only make all the viewers of the video hate him even MORE, as they feel that he is trying to pass himself off as a "sorry" person, without regretting what he has done and changing. Now, it is up to Carly, Sam, and Freddie to redeem Nevel for the sorry person he really is.

If you read the last paragraph, you would see the originality in the plot. It is well-written as well, and if you see the episode or already have seen the episode, then you will know what I mean.

Also, the characters are well-acted. One of the episodes where the characters are well-acted is the iCarly season 4 episode, "iGet Pranky".They have nice dialogue in the iCarly episodes and nice emotion brought into the cast of the series acting as well. Speaking of emotion, the iCarly series brought out the pairings, "Creddie" and "Seddie", the pairings the actual fans of the show created, being brought out to Dan Schneider (the creator of the series) and now it is an iCarly series theory, as of the one-hour special, "iStart a Fan war".

The show carries out good emotion, relationships, streaming of relationships, and original plotting of those relationships as well. See the relationship episodes of the show and you will see what I mean - However, It is NOT guaranteed you will like/love it, because everyone has different taste.

There is more to be said, but that is all for now.

Overall, It is a good show with well-acted characters, original well-written plots, good emotion, well-put dialogue, ETC. Sure, you may not agree with me but if you do, THUMBS UP! iCarly will live on for as long as possible, as long as the fans and the series status will remain.

• iLike, it's fun.

There is a lot of hate on this show. I think it's good. It is not as good as Drake and Josh, but, it has the same humor. Gibby is a Awesome-Gibby funny, Spencer is creatively funny, Sam is Evily funny, Freddy is nerdy funny, and Carly... is fun. The show has shown a 'some' stuff that should not be on Nick, but, who really cares. I mean, it's not frequently and it's stuff your child has probably already knows about.

• Why isn't there any more haters on this terrible show?

This show is about a 16 year old girl named carly shay, with her friends, sam, freddie, and spencer. They want to make a webcast of iCarly. iCarly doesn't make any sense. Why the heck can't she name it carly shay? That would make it much more awesome. I'm sorry, this show is too terrible.

My rating: 2.0

• I hate this show so much sometimes because some of the episodes make me angry. Although, this show isn't too terrible and it's just an okay show in my opinion. Season 4 is BY FAR the best season I've ever seen though.

I must say that this isn't the best show Dan Schneider has ever made. I wish he didn't cancel "Drake and Josh" to make this show, he should've just stuck to making that show. I mainly watch this show because of one beautiful actress "Miranda Cosgrove". I am a huge Miranda Cosgrove and I hope I meet her one day, she is so freaking gorgeous. Anyways, this show isn't bad. I do have some favorite episodes such as "iGot a Hot Room", "iTwins", "iPie", "iStart a Fan War", "iGet Pranky", and several more. I don't like Sam in this show, she is the reason why my score is okay. I just can't stand her and I want her to be quiet and she is a bad influence on little kids. I am also tired of the hobo jokes that this show makes and the writers think they're writing funny lines but they are writing lines that aren't funny. I feel like the writers are trying WAY too hard to make this show funny. Also, some of the storylines are just so horrible such as "iMeet Fred" and these teen relationships we've been getting on the later episodes have been lazily written and just horrible sometimes. The humor in this show isn't even that good. "Victorious" is cheesy also but at least it's tolerable and funny plus I find that show to be WAY better than this show. Anyways, the new episodes have been getting better lately. I must admit that Season 4 is BY FAR the best iCarly season that I have ever seen. The only episode I hate in Season 4 is "iSell Penny Tees". I would to see a season with one bad episode though. I don't count that disappointing and waste of time "iParty With Victorious" episodes... I only count the regular iCarly episodes in Season 4. I do hate iCarly sometimes but that's only because some of the episodes make me so angry such as "iMeet Fred", "iRocked the Vote", and more. Overall, "iCarly" really shouldn't be considered Nickelodeon's #1 show but while it has some hilarious episodes, the humor could improve much more and Sam needs to stop abusing Freddie because she is such a bad fluence on children around the world, this show is lucky that I gave it an okay score but I do consider "iCarly" to be an okay show so it was probably get an okay score from me anyways. 6/10

• I liked the...

show's earlier seasons but the show has just gotten worse as it went on. Seddie has taken over the shows comedy and turned into a Degrassi thing.The first seasons raised the rating but not much. I can see a terrible ending for a show that looked good for a while. Until they started to love each other...

• Icarly started out as some fun kids and now it is just garbage like the rest!

It is sad because in the first few seasons of this show they were still fun kids/teens just trying to have fun. It then started to transform into aninappropriatedisturbing show that kids should notbe watching. I amspecificallytalking about the new episode I lost my mind. They break out of a mental hospital! That is terrible! Not because it is boring, but they can't do that!!! That is showing kids what a mental hospital is. It is not a good thing to break out of a mental hospital! That is just cruel and messed up!!! it isinappropriate and just wrong!!! They have gone from "yay 50th web show" to "guys we have to break sam out of a mental hospital because she needs to do icarly" That is terribly messed up and wrong! After i saw the commercial for that iimmediately started encouraging children everywhere to stop watching that show!

• Drake and Josh go canceled for this?!

Hannah Montana was a show that killed Disney. However,Dan Schnieder thought about making a show that was like Drake and Josh,but failed all the way. iCarly is about a girl named Carly who starts a web show with her friends Sam,and Freddie and her brother Spencer. Now,I used to like this show,however,it stupid reruns made me lose it's laughter for the show. First off,the characters are jerks and disobey everybody. Carly is a selfish brat who's rude to her friends,her brother and even her boyfriends. I would rather hang out with Megan from Drake and Josh than Carly. Sam is an even bigger jerk. She keeps constantly abusing people,only cares for meat and keeps making hobo jokes. Freddie is the only good character of the show since he's not a jerk,but is the least respected character of the show. Spencer is OK,but I prefer Crazy Steve. Gibby is now annoying than ever. He keeps constantly taking off his shirt all time,and even in public (And at school!) The humor just fails very hard. It's mostly related to hobo jokes,and it's not funny. "Who wants to go jump roping with hobos?" "We can do a science project about hobos." "You made me draw hobos in the park for hours!". Seriously,you guys are making fun of poor people,and that's just cruel. I mean,Drake and Josh had hobo jokes,but they didn't take advantage of it. Don't even get me started on that stupid laugh track. You can't even go 1 minute without hearing that laugh track. Also,why are there so many specials? It's just like the Naked Brothers Band. And some of them were just bad,especially iMeet Fred. Also,Carly and Sam care wayyy too much about their webshow. Even David Arcthuleta called all of the haters "losers". David,you know how many people did you insult?! Whenever someone has a bad review of their show,they try to get them to like the show. Seriously,these people don't even know what an opinion is. This show is even lasting 4 seasons. Drake and Josh lasted longer,but still,iCarly should get canceled soon,and I hope it doesn't even last longer than Drake and Josh.
  • iRuleTheAir

Oh, I hate this show! But I can't hate it without a valid reason...right? well, I have a lot of reasons why I hate this show--but, to spare time, I'll list only a few. My first reason is: the webshow plot. Easy, right? Original, yes, but they could have done much better in executing it. 2: the snotty main character and the hobo addiction they must have. Carly always gets whatever she wants, and Spencer does nothing about it (one time he did, he still got injured and Carly gets off scot free again), and any original joke they have is diluted by a hobo joke afterwards. 3: I can't decide between the laugh track or Sam and her constant beating of Freddie, so I'll pick the laugh track and let other reviewers handle Sam. The laugh track plays constantly, even on jokes that seem good enough to elicit a chuckle--and it needs to stop. Even though Dan likes the laugh track, really? Do we need to be treated like goldfish and instructed when to laugh? That's what America's parents and kids have turned into, goldfish?

...and the last issue, that the title of this review brings up, is that, other than Spongebob, it is the most played show on Nick right now. TVtropes even says this about both tycoons, "On 7/29/10, of the 11 hours Nickelodeon has minus Nick-at-Nite and Nick Jr., nine hours were filled with Spongebob and iCarly alone without any of their current Nicktoons showing and only two other shows shown." 9 hours?! Nine hours of iCarly, seriously?!
  • iWish this show would get cancelled soon.

Hang on... this cancelled Drake and Josh?! Now, I'm not actually too fond of Nick's live-action shows, but I thought D&J was decent, despite the fact it got cheesy in places (in my opinion). But after watching /this/, I'd rather watch a marathon of D&J all day. Then again, maybe it's the fact that I don't really like Miranda Cosgrove (who played my least-favourite character in D&J, Megan) which makes me dislike iCarly.

The main gist of the show is that three friends decide to create a web show and overnight, they become a success. The plot had potential; it sounded quite original and web shows were becoming more popular at the time, thanks to websites like YouTube. Unfortunately, like a lot of good ideas, it was poorly executed.

The first problem is the how quickly they become famous in the first place. In the real world, you're lucky if your video becomes viral overnight and many people have to work hard to get the fame they (sometimes, rightly) deserve. Usually, the video itself must be funny, horrifying, or some other odd reason for it to go viral. In iCarly, however, their humour (which I'll talk about next) just revolves around... randomness. It bothers me how fast they became viral, since I don't really think their first video was anything special. In fact, it reminds me of Fred's videos. Hmm... that last sentence should give you an idea of what iCarly is generally like if you think about it long enough (and if you know who Fred is).

Now onto the humour. Like I previously said, it's all about randomness. It's so over-the-top it's not funny. Also, what's with all the hobo jokes by Sam? Hobo jokes aren't really appropriate, considering the world's economic climate (as of this review). The fried chicken jokes are also stale. Carly was unfortunately unfunny to begin with, being as she acts like a total drama queen. The characters are annoying and awful. Carly, like I said, is a drama queen. Sam is a horrible stereotype of tomboys (cruel, rude, bossy, aggressive, ect.) and constantly attacks Freddy. And speaking of Freddy, he was at first the only decent character on the show, but even then he was later Flanderized. Spencer fails as a guardian and he shouts too much. The other minor characters aren't likable either.

Now I may have little knowledge on acting, but even I know the acting in iCarly sucks. Cosgrove has a tendency to laugh during her lines and Jenette McCurdy (Sam) seems to act like a brat in real life, too. Nathan Kress (Freddy) seems to be the only actor trying in this show. It's pretty sad, really.

Overall, this show is a sucky replacement for the infinitely better Drake and Josh. It's just awful, and it teaches the viewers to follow the crowd and not be different. Do yourself a favour and watch D&J instead.
  • iCarly is another one of Dan Schneider's great creations.

iCarly, created by Dan Schneider (also the creator of Zoey 101 & Drake and Josh), is a show about a girl named Carly Shay (Miranda Cosgrove), who decides to create a webcast with her friends, Sam (Jennette McCurdy) and Freddie (Nathan Kress). Carly lives with her brother, Spencer (Jerry Trainor), while their father is serving in the Navy. Each episode features a new webcast being filmed by Carly and Sam, while Freddie handles the technical work. The show's main purpose is to give kids a voice and to show that anybody can achieve success if they have a good idea and put their mind to it. I would recommend iCarly to any Dan Schneider fan, and to any fan of great tween comedy!
  • Viewers below 18 should probably read this review.

Okay, now I'm gonna review a very special show. Special in a bad way! First of all, Miranda Cosgrove is so ugly, or something beyond ugly, so why would many people watch this piece of dog poop. Everytime that I see/hear/think of Miranda Cosgrove, all repulsive things in the world come to my mind. Second, is its influence to younger audiences. Suppose you are the eldest child in the family. So your mom is dead and your dad is in the army and you are in charge. Your younger brother/sister is fond of watching iCarly. Okay, suppose you are playing with airsoft guns in your room and your brother/sister tells you not to play airsoft guns because she doesn't want to. Luckily, your parents scold your brother/sister where he/she got it. He/she said that he/she got it from iCarly. *Okay, that was right! Carly's always imposing rules to Spencer even though Spencer is older! That's just lack of respect. I just hope Carly would someday get punished for it. I think that this is the show's moral value. Trust me, this same thing happened to me and my sister and she sometimes imposes things on me and some that I do not want. And that, I think is a bad influence to her by this show. In conclusion, people below 18 years old should avoid this spoiled-brat-a-dog-poop show.

Final Grade: 1/10

*I only sometimes watch that show when I get home from school, but I just learned that this had a bad moral value by reading the reviews.
  • iLove it, it's so good

This show seems to be more decent than most other children's sitcoms on TV. It has good quality jokes and the storylines are fun. Sometimes I may have a gripe with a political reference or two but that's all. I suggest that Nickelodeon should shut down their animation studios and convert full-on to live-action stuff. Oh, and put Nick @ Nite on it's own channel and change it's name. Sometimes, if I have kids of my own in the future, I might sit them down and watch this with them. This is one of the only few things I ever have time to watch nowadays.
  • You know i of internet,Carly of well, Carly.

So Freddie (Carly's neigbour, friend and fomrer stalker) puts up a video of Carly (main character)& Sam (her BFF, agresive, evil, dirty) joking about their teacher's boobs online and everyone wants more, so they start a webshow. The webshow is super popular, so tghey film every weke. It even wins awards in unvierse, etc. But like the webshow has took abakcseat recently for the misadventures of the gang. While we are on the "gang": You alo have Carly's quirky older brother Spencer & their weird friend Gibby (wh noone knos his real first name).

Overall: It's a funny show, but there are better on TV. I'ts a great way to kill 30 mins, no doubt on That. 8.5/10.
  • what is up with all these teen sitcoms all these cartoon stations must have? don,t they know how bad they are

you know i hate how all you see on tv nowadays is basicley nothing more than teen sitcoms. this show right here is icarly a show about this girl named carly (played by miranda crasgroth) her freind sam (played by jenett mcurdy) and there teck geek freddy (played by nathen cress) carly some how end up becoming populer through a rather unfunny childesh video. she also gets mad about how kids with talent are getting pushed out by kids with mediocer talents. so they all decide to start a web show called icarly. withch pretty much consists of kids with mediocer talents and a bunch of random segments.

so how is icarly in general?.....
    stoopid not funny weird chessy dull mediocer and annoying,
    so im going to break this show apart peice by peice. first off the humor. not sure why kids find this funny but the humor in this show is just stale and cheesy. with some off the weird jokes they do the show itself turns out to be nothing more then just a stoopid weird sitcom. the show itself is never the less repenitve here are the list of jokes the seris uses often kid dances with his shirt off
    freddys pysco mom
    weird guy at the smothy place
    messing with there door man lubert

this is basicly the kind of humor you see every now in then in the show i can tell already the show is running out of ideas. and that the producers need a new joke book fast. another thing i despice about this show is how many tv movies it has lets see...

icarly saves tv i fight shelby marks i quit icarly
    i space out and i pysco
    serisly what is up with all these tv movies??? i heard this seris is already entering its 24th tv speical enought with the tv speicals. the icarly web show is the worst part of it all its pretty mutch a pointless web show with them doing something stoopid. theres nothing left of this show i will give it one thing its relly populer dosent mean its good. but it deserves a run for its money overall its just cheesy so it gets a 5.
  • Absolute crap. Miranda Consgrove was good on Drake and Josh playing "Megan Parker", Drake and Josh's little sister, but a spin-off on her was not such a good idea. Why?, You ask, well then, READ THIS REVIEW!

iCarly is about a girl named Carly Shay (Miranda Consgrove) who lives with her older brother, Spencer Shay (Jerry Trainor from Drake and Josh) does a webshow with her four best friends, Sam Puckett (Jenette McCurdy) and Freddie (Nathan Kress).

The series went downhill after Season 1. The show started off decent, but ended up terrible starting with season 2. Why?, You ask? because the cast have outgrown. When the cast outgrows in later seasons, the show is not the same anymore. Freddie (Nathan Kress) got transformed from a nerd (40% of the reason I use to like the show) into a well-built, mature, deep-voiced, brat. Freddie is a brat, because he is always being pushy against his own Mom, not to mention that still in season 2, he gets jealous whenever a guy goes near Carly. Sam transferred from a brat who does no-more than tease Freddie, into a bully. Almost every episode, Sam treats Freddie like crap.

Not to mention the old jokes, like Sam mentioning Fried Chicken and saying something insulting to Freddie. Doesn't that get old?. Carly was never hilarious to start with. Why?, because she is Miss Perfect, Dramatic, and all babyish the minute she does not get what she desires. Spencer, is still the same, hilarious and comedic so I'll give the show that.

The webshow, Oh, the webshow is trash. What more do they do than stand in front of the camera and host crap like, "The Wedgie Bounce", "The Blowing", and other nonsense. Not to mention they cast that potato-shaped character, Gibby (Noah Munck) in nearly every webcast. The play's like "The Englishman who was a terrible Father to his two children named Fuffley and Peeta" are terrible. To be honest, the cast of the webshow need a better set and acting lessons. Overrall, Terrible webshow.

To conclude, the show is crap. Miranda Consgrove was good on Drake and Josh as Megan, Drake and Josh's little sister, but why do a spin-off on her when you know it will be crap? From the first minute you watch it if you have not yet, you would change the channel. If you don't want to waste 30 minutes of your valuable lives, Do NOT WATCH the SHOW!

You can thumb me down but you cannot change my and some other people's OPINION by doing so.
  • Wow, and I don't mean that in a good way.

(Please note that I don't mean for this review to come of any offence to anyone who's a fan of iCarly, and I don't mind if you like it. This is just my own opinion about the show, and how I feel about it.) Unfortunately, my opinion for iCarly is that it's terrible. It really amazes me that this series was created by the same guy who made Drake and Josh, which was one show that I really liked. For example, the jokes aren't even funny to me, and I can watch a whole episode with a straight face. Actually, strike that-I can watch an episode rolling my eyes the entire time. The jokes are completely stupid and unoriginal, especially in the web show. It's so confusing how they were able to get so many views so fast-in my opinion, it's an insult to all the truly great web comedians out there who work much harder and put more effort into their stuff. And for most of them, it took years, unlike the weeks it took iCarly to get. Going back to their web show, they do a bunch of random stuff on the show that isn't even funny for me: a bra telling scary stories; random dancing every three minutes; screaming whenever they get a chance; making fun of their doorman, and more. What makes it even worse is their laugh track in the background. Okay, if you're going to have a laugh track, at least use it properly and not every three seconds to get a laugh out of your audience. If you're going to do that, don't use it at all, because then it just becomes annoying. The laugh track seems like a lame way to get the audience to laugh, which shouldn't be necessary at all in a comedy show. Worst of all, you hear the same cheers, laughs, and oohs from them. As for the characters, Carly is supposed to be your typical good girl, but she's actually acting like a shallow, teenage brat who screams every three seconds in the show. Worst of all, Miranda Cosgrove's screaming is beyond annoying. If she doesn't get her way, she'll throw a big tantrum until she gets what she wants, which she ALWAYS does. As for her legal guardian, Spencer, I honestly don't know how he's able to make a living out of being an artist. Plus, they don't even look that nice and instead looks like something that a three-year-old would want in his/her room, and not something that most adults would want to put on display. Sam is the stereotype of all tomboys: mean, rude, messy, pushy, and aggressive. She attacks anyone she pleases for no reason, and makes fun of Freddy with no explination. I like it when Sam acts nice, which she rarely does. Her jokes are mostly about bacon, meat, and hobos. She lives with a neglectful mother who treats her like crap. Freddy's the only one I can stand, but he is so desperate for love that it's not even funny anymore. Plus, I hate how he always gets attacked for the smallest things: expressing his opinion on the web, never being kissed, and so on. The acting is pretty terrible, especially for Miranda Cosgrove. I don't know what happened to her, but she's just a terrible actress nowadays To be fair, though, she may just be displaying how she thinks someone like Carly would act, so maybe it's not as bad as it looks. The other ones do okay, but Jerry Trainor was funnier on Drake and Josh than iCarly. So in short, iCarly is perhaps the worst live action show I've seen in a long time. Dan Schneider really should've kept Drake and Josh going instead of coming up with this.
  • is this rugrats's successor? is this like the nickelodean we knew of the 90s i dont think so

i tried watching one episode and right away i knew it was just another one of those hannamontanna type shows aimed at nothing but wanting to be popular singer it didnt stop on the tv no they brought it to the nintendo wii and they thought people would like them even more well i got news in this review

the voice actors sound like toilet the whole acting behind the show is garbage when nickelodean said a new show was coming ididnt know it would end up like this this has to be one of the worst generatiosn to be a kid and im an adult to know this even other tv channels are turning into garbage i dont even know what to watch everything is based on reality now adays and there is not many rugrats calibur shows at least in the 90s , we had rugrats ren and stimpy doug ahh real monsters etc now the stable looks like this

icarly
    fanboy and chum chum spongebob -the only show aimed at kids id let my kids watch if i had ne the whole line up on nickelodean needs to be reworked , and starting with this horrendous show
    i dont even know how to end my review but by saying your better off taking your kid to see adisney movie because this show just puts nickelodean at the bottom of that totem poll
  • iHate this show with a passion

I only watch this show when I babysit a little girl who loves this show and always begs me to turn it on, which i don't want to because not only is it terrible but it teaches terrible lessons. Let's start with the fact that their show is wildly popular. The whole reason they decide to do a web show in the pilot is soooooo many kids watch their show on the rip off of youtube. In real life, if you put a web show on youtube it'll get 2 hits in a year. But on this show, their web show MAGICALLY gets thousands and thousands of views. how would everyone in the world know to watch a couple of teenager's web show in seattle, i ask you? And then there's the terrible lessons this show preaches, which is why I always hesitate to let Ava watch it.
    The pointless violence. Carly's best friend Sam is a volatile girl with a short temper and likes to hit people but if it were just her it wouldnt be as big an issue. But everyone on the show is violent. Whenever any character regardless of how obscure they are doesn't get their way, they could be an old lady, a little girl, or anyone in between, they hit and they punch and they're just nasty. That's the thing I hate the most that all the kids on this show are all so violent and teach little kids you can get what you want by hitting people.
    Then there's really stupid things this show chooses to preach. Like in on episode Carly and Sam tell Freddie he'll get bad luck if he doesn't forward a chain letter. Anyone in sane America will tell you absolutely nothing happens if you don't forward a chain letter. Those evil clowns, axe murdderers, or girls who was raped 30 years ago are not coming to get you. This show is not funny, has way too many dirty jokes for a kid's show and teaches terrible lessons. Itruly hope this goes off the air soon.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10