iCarly

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

marcdragicevic

ICarly Fan Reviews page 6 of 18

7.7
  • what is up with all these teen sitcoms all these cartoon stations must have? don,t they know how bad they are

you know i hate how all you see on tv nowadays is basicley nothing more than teen sitcoms. this show right here is icarly a show about this girl named carly (played by miranda crasgroth) her freind sam (played by jenett mcurdy) and there teck geek freddy (played by nathen cress) carly some how end up becoming populer through a rather unfunny childesh video. she also gets mad about how kids with talent are getting pushed out by kids with mediocer talents. so they all decide to start a web show called icarly. withch pretty much consists of kids with mediocer talents and a bunch of random segments.

so how is icarly in general?.....
    stoopid not funny weird chessy dull mediocer and annoying,
    so im going to break this show apart peice by peice. first off the humor. not sure why kids find this funny but the humor in this show is just stale and cheesy. with some off the weird jokes they do the show itself turns out to be nothing more then just a stoopid weird sitcom. the show itself is never the less repenitve here are the list of jokes the seris uses often kid dances with his shirt off
    freddys pysco mom
    weird guy at the smothy place
    messing with there door man lubert

this is basicly the kind of humor you see every now in then in the show i can tell already the show is running out of ideas. and that the producers need a new joke book fast. another thing i despice about this show is how many tv movies it has lets see...

icarly saves tv i fight shelby marks i quit icarly
    i space out and i pysco
    serisly what is up with all these tv movies??? i heard this seris is already entering its 24th tv speical enought with the tv speicals. the icarly web show is the worst part of it all its pretty mutch a pointless web show with them doing something stoopid. theres nothing left of this show i will give it one thing its relly populer dosent mean its good. but it deserves a run for its money overall its just cheesy so it gets a 5.
  • Absolute crap. Miranda Consgrove was good on Drake and Josh playing "Megan Parker", Drake and Josh's little sister, but a spin-off on her was not such a good idea. Why?, You ask, well then, READ THIS REVIEW!

iCarly is about a girl named Carly Shay (Miranda Consgrove) who lives with her older brother, Spencer Shay (Jerry Trainor from Drake and Josh) does a webshow with her four best friends, Sam Puckett (Jenette McCurdy) and Freddie (Nathan Kress).

The series went downhill after Season 1. The show started off decent, but ended up terrible starting with season 2. Why?, You ask? because the cast have outgrown. When the cast outgrows in later seasons, the show is not the same anymore. Freddie (Nathan Kress) got transformed from a nerd (40% of the reason I use to like the show) into a well-built, mature, deep-voiced, brat. Freddie is a brat, because he is always being pushy against his own Mom, not to mention that still in season 2, he gets jealous whenever a guy goes near Carly. Sam transferred from a brat who does no-more than tease Freddie, into a bully. Almost every episode, Sam treats Freddie like crap.

Not to mention the old jokes, like Sam mentioning Fried Chicken and saying something insulting to Freddie. Doesn't that get old?. Carly was never hilarious to start with. Why?, because she is Miss Perfect, Dramatic, and all babyish the minute she does not get what she desires. Spencer, is still the same, hilarious and comedic so I'll give the show that.

The webshow, Oh, the webshow is trash. What more do they do than stand in front of the camera and host crap like, "The Wedgie Bounce", "The Blowing", and other nonsense. Not to mention they cast that potato-shaped character, Gibby (Noah Munck) in nearly every webcast. The play's like "The Englishman who was a terrible Father to his two children named Fuffley and Peeta" are terrible. To be honest, the cast of the webshow need a better set and acting lessons. Overrall, Terrible webshow.

To conclude, the show is crap. Miranda Consgrove was good on Drake and Josh as Megan, Drake and Josh's little sister, but why do a spin-off on her when you know it will be crap? From the first minute you watch it if you have not yet, you would change the channel. If you don't want to waste 30 minutes of your valuable lives, Do NOT WATCH the SHOW!

You can thumb me down but you cannot change my and some other people's OPINION by doing so.
  • Wow, and I don't mean that in a good way.

(Please note that I don't mean for this review to come of any offence to anyone who's a fan of iCarly, and I don't mind if you like it. This is just my own opinion about the show, and how I feel about it.) Unfortunately, my opinion for iCarly is that it's terrible. It really amazes me that this series was created by the same guy who made Drake and Josh, which was one show that I really liked. For example, the jokes aren't even funny to me, and I can watch a whole episode with a straight face. Actually, strike that-I can watch an episode rolling my eyes the entire time. The jokes are completely stupid and unoriginal, especially in the web show. It's so confusing how they were able to get so many views so fast-in my opinion, it's an insult to all the truly great web comedians out there who work much harder and put more effort into their stuff. And for most of them, it took years, unlike the weeks it took iCarly to get. Going back to their web show, they do a bunch of random stuff on the show that isn't even funny for me: a bra telling scary stories; random dancing every three minutes; screaming whenever they get a chance; making fun of their doorman, and more. What makes it even worse is their laugh track in the background. Okay, if you're going to have a laugh track, at least use it properly and not every three seconds to get a laugh out of your audience. If you're going to do that, don't use it at all, because then it just becomes annoying. The laugh track seems like a lame way to get the audience to laugh, which shouldn't be necessary at all in a comedy show. Worst of all, you hear the same cheers, laughs, and oohs from them. As for the characters, Carly is supposed to be your typical good girl, but she's actually acting like a shallow, teenage brat who screams every three seconds in the show. Worst of all, Miranda Cosgrove's screaming is beyond annoying. If she doesn't get her way, she'll throw a big tantrum until she gets what she wants, which she ALWAYS does. As for her legal guardian, Spencer, I honestly don't know how he's able to make a living out of being an artist. Plus, they don't even look that nice and instead looks like something that a three-year-old would want in his/her room, and not something that most adults would want to put on display. Sam is the stereotype of all tomboys: mean, rude, messy, pushy, and aggressive. She attacks anyone she pleases for no reason, and makes fun of Freddy with no explination. I like it when Sam acts nice, which she rarely does. Her jokes are mostly about bacon, meat, and hobos. She lives with a neglectful mother who treats her like crap. Freddy's the only one I can stand, but he is so desperate for love that it's not even funny anymore. Plus, I hate how he always gets attacked for the smallest things: expressing his opinion on the web, never being kissed, and so on. The acting is pretty terrible, especially for Miranda Cosgrove. I don't know what happened to her, but she's just a terrible actress nowadays To be fair, though, she may just be displaying how she thinks someone like Carly would act, so maybe it's not as bad as it looks. The other ones do okay, but Jerry Trainor was funnier on Drake and Josh than iCarly. So in short, iCarly is perhaps the worst live action show I've seen in a long time. Dan Schneider really should've kept Drake and Josh going instead of coming up with this.
  • is this rugrats's successor? is this like the nickelodean we knew of the 90s i dont think so

i tried watching one episode and right away i knew it was just another one of those hannamontanna type shows aimed at nothing but wanting to be popular singer it didnt stop on the tv no they brought it to the nintendo wii and they thought people would like them even more well i got news in this review

the voice actors sound like toilet the whole acting behind the show is garbage when nickelodean said a new show was coming ididnt know it would end up like this this has to be one of the worst generatiosn to be a kid and im an adult to know this even other tv channels are turning into garbage i dont even know what to watch everything is based on reality now adays and there is not many rugrats calibur shows at least in the 90s , we had rugrats ren and stimpy doug ahh real monsters etc now the stable looks like this

icarly
    fanboy and chum chum spongebob -the only show aimed at kids id let my kids watch if i had ne the whole line up on nickelodean needs to be reworked , and starting with this horrendous show
    i dont even know how to end my review but by saying your better off taking your kid to see adisney movie because this show just puts nickelodean at the bottom of that totem poll
  • iHate this show with a passion

I only watch this show when I babysit a little girl who loves this show and always begs me to turn it on, which i don't want to because not only is it terrible but it teaches terrible lessons. Let's start with the fact that their show is wildly popular. The whole reason they decide to do a web show in the pilot is soooooo many kids watch their show on the rip off of youtube. In real life, if you put a web show on youtube it'll get 2 hits in a year. But on this show, their web show MAGICALLY gets thousands and thousands of views. how would everyone in the world know to watch a couple of teenager's web show in seattle, i ask you? And then there's the terrible lessons this show preaches, which is why I always hesitate to let Ava watch it.
    The pointless violence. Carly's best friend Sam is a volatile girl with a short temper and likes to hit people but if it were just her it wouldnt be as big an issue. But everyone on the show is violent. Whenever any character regardless of how obscure they are doesn't get their way, they could be an old lady, a little girl, or anyone in between, they hit and they punch and they're just nasty. That's the thing I hate the most that all the kids on this show are all so violent and teach little kids you can get what you want by hitting people.
    Then there's really stupid things this show chooses to preach. Like in on episode Carly and Sam tell Freddie he'll get bad luck if he doesn't forward a chain letter. Anyone in sane America will tell you absolutely nothing happens if you don't forward a chain letter. Those evil clowns, axe murdderers, or girls who was raped 30 years ago are not coming to get you. This show is not funny, has way too many dirty jokes for a kid's show and teaches terrible lessons. Itruly hope this goes off the air soon.
  • Like Victorious, a very mixed show.

Some love it, some hate it, others find it mediocre at best, poor at worst. Personally, for a show for 8-year-old girls, this beats Shake it Up any day of the week.

This show is about a girl and her friends making a webshow designed to show creatvity and enjoyment for kids.

The character are a girl named Carly, a sweet girl who stays away from trouble, but also has a dark side. Speaking of dark side, Sam, Carly's best friend, is rude, pushy, hates people, and cares more about corn dogs and chili fries than anything else in the world. Hooray for bad role models to kids! Freddie is the technical producer of the show, and is hated by the popular kids, 'cause he's in some math clubs, even though I know girls who think the actor's hot. There's also some crazy kid named Gibby who's funny yet random, like GIR from Invader Zim. Spencer is by far, the best actor and the funniest out of all of the characters in the show. He is meant to be the Grandpa Phil from Hey Arnold! who is the child making wacky sculptures, and Carly is the parent.

The episodes all talk about awards, fame, rivalries, directing, family issues, and tons more, and it keeps having creative jokes for a kid's show. Plus, most of the characters, especially Spencer are hilarious.

Overall, not good as Ned's Declassified or Drake and Josh, but still a fun and enjoyable show for your little sisters to watch when they get home. 8 out of 10.

• iCarly, the instant hit webshow. How did that ever happen??

4.5
    So they make a webshow called "iCarly" and somehow, their first LIVE webcast, that no one has heard about, got like thousands of views. I don't get it. The webcast was LIVE, and no one heard of it before, that is impossible. So we have our characters: Carly is the spoiled brat who overreacts way too much about things. Then there's Sam, the mean, agressive person who doesn't care about anything except two things: herself; and meat. There's Freddie, the camera guy, I find him the only decent character on the show, and he gets made fun of just for being smart. And last there's Spencer. Spencer has his funny moments but for most of the time he's doing crazy stuff that usually ends up just catching on fire. Well, overall this is a mediocre show that I'm guessing lots of people don't like, so do I.
  • iCarly is about a girl name Carly and her two best friends Sam and Freddie that have a webshow. They get into all sort of hijinks.

iCarly is probabley the only show on Nick that I watch regularly as all the other shows on Nick are not that great. I have seen just about every episode of iCarly and the show seems to get better with every episode. I do have one complaint there are way to many iCarly special episodes.
  • I was a Skeptic at First

When i first heard about Icarly Things Came to mind Wow Megan Parker has Grown up I remember Megan Played by Miranda Cosgrove Use to Prank and Humilate her Brothers Drake Played by Drake Bell And Josh being Played by Josh Peck i seen a Episode and i was like I will give it a Chance and I love it to this day I still watch Drake and Josh when its still on but I think its alot more Funnier then Drake and Josh

• This show is a great improvment over "Drake and Josh."

I simply have to admit that this is a much better show than "Drake and Josh", and I only watched two episodes of it so far. Miranda Cosgrove is simply wonderful as Carly. It's a great improvment to that awful Meagen. That tyranical teacher who is always harrassing her and her friends is prefect karma payback for all the awful pranks she pulled on "Drake and Josh." I hope that Nickelodeon has the common sense to keep this show running for a few seasons. It is much better than most of it's other live action shows that it has on right now.
  • I hate it now. When I first started watching it, it was okay, but now it's just terrible. It's time for this show to be cancelled.

First of all, I don't like Miranda Cosgrove in the first place. How can you go from playing an evil kid on Drake and Josh to an innocent preteen on Icarly? She's ugly and a horrible actress. She's not even funny. The funniest people on the show are Spencer and Sam. The show started off okay, but they started to get into the boyfriend-girlfriend plot instead the their original webshow plot. The boyfriend-girlfriend plot and the romance plot are the two worse plots ever a show can have.
  • This show makes Glenn Martin, DDS a winner!!

The show is the worst Nickelodeon show I have ever saw in my life. Let me begin, lame jokes, lame songs, and lame actors. Read the rest of this:

Allright, this show is about a 13 year old teenage girl who host a webshow with her two best friends, Sam (a bad influence to Children), and Freddie (a nerd). First of all, Miranda can't act on this show. Almost every line she smiles and she never does something that is funny, like shes all nice and does no stunts on the show. Second of all, I find the storyline\plots terrible, like, Bikini Dogfood Fights, really?, oh and what about, "What am I sitting on?", seriously, and now comes "Random Mouth Dancing", oh thats just ridiculous. I watch five minutes of this nonsense and i felt like killing myself. Another reason I hate this show is because the show has no humor. Gibby taking his shirt off is not funny, its sad, which is why "Shannon" (from iWin a Date) ran away when she was dating Freddie while Gibby was dating Carly and Sam (much to her dismay) was forced by Carly to date Reuben, Gibbys friend. They cant act, or sing. My only plus is Spencer, Jerry Trainor from Drake and Josh, he is hilarious. Miranda was good on Drake and Josh but did you really have to do a spin-off on her? If you know this show sucks, you can thump me up. Pray that it gets canceled, SOON!!!!!

STOP Giving TELEVISION a BAD NAME!!!!!
  • C'mon, it's not THAT bad.

I'm suprised everyone is giving iCarly such a bad rating. It's not really that bad. It's enjoyable, and it has funny moments. But there are boring parts too. It's one of the only decent shows left on Nickelodeon. There are two main problems with it though. 1. The studio generated laughter is annoying.
    2. Some jokes aren't funny, and some are nonsensical.

Overall, the show is somewhat entertaining, and it gets a 7.5 because it's far from perfect, but it's not bad. So, in 100 words, my rating of iCarly is:

75%
    3.75 stars

This is my third rating of a show. alisao64's review... BYE
  • One of the few reasons I watch Nickelodeon anymore

I'm suprised how many people hate this show really. I mean, even the average is far lower than I expected it to be. I'll admit it looked bad when I saw previews, but I watched it with my brother one day, and I really liked it. Most of the characters are interesting and believeable, and it has some genuinely funny moments. The only gripe I have is that some of the storylines are really one-dimmensional. Like, one episode was about an awards show, and it was just that, or another episode where everyone in the hotel ran into Carly's room due to the fact that it had air conditioning during a poweroutage. I really enjoy this show, and I think people need to watch more episodes before they say it sucks, I think it would change their minds. Well worth watching. 9.5/10 A
  • YEP!!, Another BAD show by Nickelodeon

WOW!!, Just WOW!!!.

This show is about a teenage girl who host a webshow with her two best friends, Sam and Freddie. The show is flat-out terrible. First of all, The actors are terrible. Miranda laughs at every line she does, Freddie is a nerd, Sam is a bad influence to children under theage of 13, and Spencer...OK!!, he is a good actor. Second of all, i find the show hardly entertaining. The webshow is trash, terrible actors, terrible storylines (like "I'd Morph that") and terrible songs. Miranda Consgrove is a rip-off Miley Cyrus when it comes to songs. Third of all, What is in the show besides stupid clips with a laugh track. The show is better off without one. Guest stars like Nevel are idiots, except guest stars like Jackson Colt and Jane Lynch who guest stars on iCarly as Sam's Mom. The show has no moral lesson. All the episodes are "been there seen that" situations. I've seen Carly and sam fight, but they do iQuit iCarly (a rip-off iDon't Want to Fight", only is hour-long). I find the premise of the show terrible. Everything about the show is TERRIBLE!

Yeah, thats right. Thumb me down, iCarly fans!. I dont care, THE SHOW SUCKS!!!! to many people and i'm one of them. Nickelodeon has to stick to good shows and CANCEL the lame ones. I'm outta this lame train's site.
  • iCarly

A really good show on Nickelodeon that has had as much success as it's predecessor, Drake & Josh. If Dan Schneider wrote it, guaranteed it will be a fun show. Schneider has never gone wrong with writing amazing scripts, and this show is an example of that.

I do feel as though this show can be really bad at times, but that's once in a blue moon. A really great show for anybody really. We got an original storyline, funny scenes, and the over the top possible relationships such as "Creddie" or "Seddie" that everyone falls in love with.

For me, that's really not important, what matters is that this show is funny and entertaining, which this show is almost all the time.
  • READ THE REVIEW! A Michael Jackson look-a-like, and overly dramatic bully, and a not as nerdy nerd, what could possibly go wrong...

Acting and character depth: The characters are all brats, and totally unbelievable. all of the guys in the show just seem to fall in love with the unnapealing turd named Carly Shay. The characters are boring and the traits brought to us in the beggining of the show are just pklayed on over and over until, like all things, they break.

Writing: Not suitable for it's audience. It's intended for teenagers, but really, do you know anyone that thinks asking others to say "boo the the bee" is immature and likes this show? Not likely. It's a broken record with this show. And really who designed those godawful shirts that say the stupidest things like "fried elephant"? I love it how they say other TV is "Jank" (whatever that even means, really now) while theirs is what they SHOULD be spoofing.

Plot: I give it that it is pretty original, but now it's being played on over and over. Question, what'swith all of the titles beginning with "I" it's not even witty. You could say, oh darn iJust got beatenn up by a gang, and boom, it's the new title for iCarly, that shows how lazy the writers are.

Humor: I think the writers on this show have the idea in their head that blowing up stuff, sitting on stuff, screaming, hurting other things, and just doing really unconventional things are classified as humor. Not really. They over use hobos and unrealistic events.

Realistic: There is none to speak of.
  • People will watch anything nowadays

OK I hate being "That Guy" but I'm gonna be straight up this has to be possibly the worst show I've ever seen. This show sucks hard and here's why.

For one, the characters suck. And by that I mean by that is they have no depth and completely lack the ability to think for themselves, and the main thrio cast is completely dull and overall unlikeable. Freddy is a loser who can never stand up for himself and hangs out with his so called "friends" even though they just make fun of him and bully him every chance they get. Sam is what I guess was supposed to be a source of humor, and maybe if I was 9 I would laugh when she does stupid and disgusting things, or when she hurts Freddy, but I'm not. And Carly has absolutely no personality at all. She's just there as a way for the writers to tell the other characters where to go and what to do. And why is she the main character anyway? She literally has no higher significance than Freddy or Sam, yet they act like sidekicks around her.

Moving on, I'd like to further demonstrate the lack of personality or reality in this show by taking a look at the comedy. iCarly is a conceptual spin-off of Drake & Josh. D&J was a great show, and was always new and refreshing with various styles of comedy. One of them was the chronic randomness that occurs over the storylines. iCarly decided to take that aspect, but screwed up and made it their ONLY style of comedy. And I shouldn't even call it "Comedy" considering it's dull and uninspired. I fail to see how things like Sam licking a phone, a boy jumping in a bathtub of eggs, a fat kid taking his shirt off, or Carly and Sam doing ten second skits for no reason funny. But still the fake laugh track rolls over every 9 seconds. That's like the writers are saying "Here's the funny part, please laugh now."
    And the idiodic world around us seems to eat it up. Really, this stuff doesn't make me laugh and all. D/J had randomness, but it did it in a cool and original way, and only used it between other jokes which were equally as funny.

now let's move on to the web show they do. "iCarly". Once again, Carly is no more important than the other characters but they still give her the title. Anyway, this is actually the worst part of the show. I thought the randomness was bad, but the randomness during these segments is completely retarded. W H Y D O P E O P L E L A U G H A T T H I S!?!?!? If this were a real webshow and the television show never existed, it would have like 3 views every month. The things they do on this show is stupid, pointless, and unfunny. And if anyone has some argument as to why the webcam show is good, shut up and watch your Hannah Montana/Big Time Rush double feature. In short, this show is a pale imitation of Drake and Josh and Hannah Montana , which fails to have any depth or originality in it.
    Comedy-1/10
    Acting-1
    Script-1
    Characters-1
    Originality-3
    Overall-1/10......S U P E R F!!!
  • Basically, a poor poor replacement to Drake and Josh and the beauty that Nickelodeon was 5 years ago.

The problem with this show is that it is supposed to be funny. And considering the fact it was meant to be a great new comedy, this is a huge problem. No one is sure how Dan Schneider could have gone from the genius that was Drake and Josh to the rat hole that is iCarly. The show basically consists of 3 "friends" that make a "comedy" webshow together. However, once again, the problem is that the webshow simply contains the 2 main characters screaming stupid, unfunny jokes and performing silly, meaningless dances and plays, that their other friend and cameraman over-laughs at. The beauty of Drake and Josh was that the audience could laugh till tears while characters said things with completely serious faces. Its replacement, iCarly, however, does just the opposite, begging audiences to laugh at stupid, repeated phrases that never catch on. The actors all do a very poor job as well, especially Miranda Cosgrove, who did such a great job on Drake and Josh as the title pair's little evil sister. Now she tries to be a popular, pretty teenage girl and it is absolutely not working out. While all of us who grew up in the earlier part of decade watching Nickelodeon know that the hilarity and comic genius of Drake and Josh will never be back, we simply cannot stand what Nickelodeon calls its "replacement", a show that does not eve deserve to be on the same channel as its predecessor.
  • A mean spirited pile of garbage.

In my 18 years, I've watched a lot of TV programs. But I have yet to see a program as despicable and unwatchable as ICarly. This show isn't just bad, it's horrifying. This "show" (and I use that term lightly) is as mean spirited as TV gets. I mean, this show is rotten to the core. Episodes frequently feature characters revealing other characters deepest darkest secrets to the world. One character says to another in one episode, that she "doesn't play to get even, she plays to win", meaning that she sets up pranks meant to keep her on top and if someone tries to get even, she'll follow that up with a worse prank. Fights often break out for little reason at all. Furthermore, this show is an insult to the older viewers of Nickelodeon, such as myself. Where as shows on the channel a decade ago taught lessons such as the importance of friendship, today those lessons are thrown out the window. This show is a prime example of how bad children's television has gotten over the last few years. And worst of all, this show has the undeserving reputation as one of Nickelodeon's highest rated shows, and is on like 5 or 6 times EVERY DAY. This is especially bad considering how poorly made this show is. Avoid it like the plague. Overall Grade: F
  • I this show is just garbage that the garbageman forgot to pick up.

Ok this show is really crappy in so many ways,the show has no plot it is unfunny.This show is about a girl named Carly who has a crappy web show then theirs her friend's Freddie,and Sam.they are clearly not funny in any way.The first episodes were so-so but then it got cheesy ,such as that 12 year old rich kid who can't stop stalking Carly I guess.Then Spencer is just plain out messed up in the head he act's retard in every episode.Sam is just a man in a girl body she is unpleasant in many ways.Then Freddie is just a punching bag for Sam and is the crew equipment guy for the web show.So the bottom point is Viacom is a cash cow company that puts up shows that aren't even good,this is why I don't watch any of their channel's.
  • iReally hate it

If this show was directed towards teenagers and not 8 year olds, I'd be more ok with this but I'm not. iCarly is about a not so funny girl (Carly) that's a star on the not so funny webshow iCarly. This show is one of the worst shows I've seen. I'd rather watch yo-Gabba-Gabba than this stuff. This show teaches little kids to become criminals because of Sam always doing random not so funny crap and no one doing anything about it. Another aspect of this show is that it makes fun of hobos too much. What's funny about homeless people? Look at the economy and unemployment rates! As for the episodes, I thought the earlier episodes were "decent" but afterwards they just got dumber with every season. Especially that iFred and ikiss episode. iCarly's teaching little kids that being different is wrong in every way Well you know what, I Don't think that fred is funny!!!!!! Oh where's the fire arrow huh? See I can express my own opinions. Go ahead get mad at me all you want but guess what.....I don't friggin' care! iKiss was just ridiculous. That episode shows that it's ok to get your first kiss when you're 6 years old and that being a 15 year old teenager without a 1st kiss yet will get you nowhere in life. I'm going to describe my opinion of each character with brevity.

Carly: Not funny, spoiled brat, and slut

Sam: Rude, violent, bad influence, bi, and again, not funny

Freddy: weak, spineless, oblivious, Spencer: funny (it varies), clumsy, bad guardian

Gibby: annoying, g** , insecure

I'n sorry for dissing any fans, but it's my opinion. No one can change it.
  • a girl decides to start a webshow with her friends. the girl lives in her apartment with her brother

To all of the people who thinks this show is good, I have something to say to you all. If you rated this show above a 5.9 then you think any show is good( this is an insult); it means that you have no taste and you don't know what comedy is and most importantly, you have been tricked! Brainwashed!, Deceived! You have been tricked by the cast, Nickelodeon's ads and money, and by the so-called good acting! All of you kids listen, I am not going to penalize you for liking the show but I will say that you're young and naive and when you get older you will start to grow some sense and you will soon realize how stupid shows like this and what shows will soon appear on NICk and Disney are! and you will think sarcastically, I used to like this?! But for right now, You have been tricked and the only reason why you like this show is because Nickelodeon spends money on advertisements and they hire people to say that this show is bigger than it really is! If the producers of this show didn't spend even a penny on this show you all wouldn't even taken a second look at this crap, so don't sit there and pretend like this show is, not that bad or that it's good because it's not! You can disagree with me all you want but I am not going to change my mind, besides it's not like Carly, Sam, and Freddie can just pop out of their show and beat me down just for expressing myself!
    This show is a hot mess(emphasis on the mess!) where should I begin? Should I begin with the immature, fraction of a man you call Spencer who apparently wears the adult pants in the family because he has no control over his 16 year old sister or the bad morals in the show or the nearly sexual adult references. Someone for God's Sake Please Write To Nickelodeon And Ask Them Straight Up What Age Group Are You Trying To Reach Out To?! Because some of the references in this show are sures heck not appropriate for children. I gave this show a chance, so did a lot of people who gave reviews from 1-5 and they are saying the same thing."This Show Blows(Sucks) just like that sketch "The Blowing"!" If you believe in good comedy, morals and intelligence. Please rate this show a 1 but no higher than a 5.9. If Nickelodeon sees enough bad reviews for iCarly maybe this show can get cancelled once and for all!
  • ISeriously Don't get why people don't like it.

One. I's not mean spirited. A mean spirited show would be Courage the cowardly dog. Dan Schinder does a good job of bringing a kid show to nick but that has thinks that are funny to little kids but Teens laugh because they are funny (in a different way) to them. I don't see why everyone is hating on a funny show. .... seriously .... Icarly is about a girl who's mom is dead and her father is in the war. So, her 28 year older brother (who quit law school to become a lawyer)is taking care of her. Carly and her friends Freddie (whoes mom is way to over protecttive), sam (who needs to learn to behave better) and Gibby (who is just plain.... Gibby) create their own webshow and run into problems on the way...
  • Ithink this show is awesome

This show is fun, wacky, and absolutely hilarious. with it's different aspects; the web-show, the wacky brother, and the dork that is always taking his shirt off, this show is in every way original, and does not deserve the criticism that it has been receiving. It is in every way , an excellent show, especially for a Nick show. As for the cast, first the only star of it was Miranda, but ever since the show started, they have turned into an All Star Cast. With all of this said most people should conclude that this is one of the best tween shows out there.
  • Im sorry, but this show needs to die.

I pretty much hate any teen shows Nick dish out and this no exception. Why is the show still on the air? Is it really that great of a show? Or hilarious in any way? I don't think so. The humor will only attract children and provide nothing the adults would laugh at. ICarly feels like a dirty collection of cheap, unknown webshow clips you would find on YouTube by doing a random search. Sure, its better than Fred, but still, not funny. The boxing match with hot Victoria Justice was one of them. PLEASE avoid.
  • Icarly....

I use to like this show when it first came on but then after a while it lost my vote for best show but it will certantly get my vote for worst teen show!Its not even funny and very inapropiate for the kids of 5 or 6 to be watching!hello,doing an webshow is like super dangerous and this show is teaching kids about how fun it is to do one!I am soooo glad My cousin who is 5 hates this show!I want all the good shows that use to be on nick and that was age appropriate!I grew up with the best shows!
  • icarly, a show about friends, family, and everything funny in between

From what I'm seeing here is that a lot of people have rated it as a one. I honestly don't know why. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a 10 year old girl who watches Hannah Montana and Disney shows like that. Nope, I'm a very mature 16 year old. Now, as I read in the reviews, people think that icarly is pointless and stupid and "doesn't compare at all to how genius 'Drake and Josh' was" blah blah blah. First of all THAT show was dumb. Drake was this stupid high schooler that kept going out with different girls, and Josh this other stupid high schooler that kept getting tricked by both his step-siblings.

Icarly is not like that,yeah, it might be a little of pointless comedy at times, but don't you think the world needs a little bit of that? I mean seriously, life is already messed up as it is, people don't have time for anything now a days. Icarly just reminds us that is good to have a little of pointless fun in a while, next to a couple of good friends. Yeah, so it's for little kids. Even better! Don't you ever look back at life and say "i wish i was that age again?" well if you haven't then I'm really ashamed of you. It is during your childhood years that you get to have that innocence towards the world, that innocence that you will eventually lose. So why not go back a little, and watch a show that has just pointless comedy?! And if you have little siblings, or relatives then watch it with them. That way you will be spending time with them. Then when they grow up, they'll always remember you as that person who was willing to spend their "precious" time with them.

So go ahead and watch some icarly, spend some time with friends and family, and laugh a little while you're at it. It's good for your health. And if you rather not, then you should stop making those kind of comments. Let us enjoy that little innocence we might have left.
  • This is the show that replaced Drake and Josh?!

Ok, Drake and Josh was my favourite children's Live action show. When I Saw the advert it instantly made me want to not watch this show. When I Heard that this was by the same creators of Drake i Josh, I Decideed to giveit a few chances. The first episode I Saw was that Dingo TV Episode, that was okay. After I Decided to watch another episode he day after, and I Was that Pac-Rat epiosde that was Boring. I Watched a few more Episodes, but the more I Wathed it, the more I Started to Hate it. But seriously, I Still can't believe that this show replaced Drake and Josh. This show is just two Kids acting like idiots.
  • Nick is going to hell in a handbasket as we speak

This show is trash. Just plain and simple. I would not DEFINTATLY NOT let my kids watch this horrible excuse for a kids show. It has no good morals to learn from. Lets start of with the characters:
    Spencer: The supposed "adult" in the family who acts like he doesnt know a thing that's going on. I personally liked him better as crazy steve on Drake and Josh
    Carly: For the main character of which the show is named after, acts like a spoiled brat... need i say more?
    Freddie: I actually quite like Freddie, but I feel so sorry for him because he gets made fun of for being smart. Sam: the mean blonde who attempts to be a mixture between Helga Pataki and Angelica Pickels but fails horribly because she is a one dimensional character. I hate Sam :)

peace out