iCarly

marcdragicevic

ICarly Fan Reviews page 7 of 18

7.7
  • What the..?

Icarly is Nickelodeans most popular live-action show they have to offer, and its one of the most unacceptable programs i ever watched.

The concept gives us a dysfunctional brother named Spencer and a bratty little girl named Carly that live in Seattle. Were also introduced with a nerd named Freddy and a girl that needs to be thrown into prison named Sam. They make a stupid video and post it onto a youtube parody called Splashface and magically it gets popular and ends up on the frontpage of the site and then they make their own webshow called Icarly. That has to be the most simplistic and lamest idea for a story in the world.

The shows humor is not funny in the slightest, infact its so unfunny it might make you wonder if the writers for the show are mentally or socially retarded. I'm pretty sure if you watched the final seasons of Drake n Josh or watch any of Nickelodeans latest live action sitcoms then you might know what the humor is like.

This show is so overrated, its almost as bad as Family Guy, i'm not kidding. I rather watch Friends than this pile of trash. I don't see why kids in this new generation of life could stand this stuff. My little brother says Terminator 1984 looks nerdy and rather watch this show. Let me just say that this show deserves a thumbs down and a wad of spit on Miranda Cosgroves stupid face.
  • Episodes are pretty hit and miss for me.

I'm going to get this out of the way first. The web show that they do is just stupid. None of their sketches are funny an I aways fast forward though them when watching. However the show over all is not bad.

They have a bit of a problem with using too much Random comedy and that's nothing to be proud of. Random comedy is the laziest of all comedies. Don't get me wrong it's funny when used from time to time but over using it is just stupid and even the slowest of minds can see a show's lack of effort when randomness is over used. However in spite of it's dumb jokes and terrible web show, there are some funny jokes in there too. The characters are pretty interesting, and the show usually takes some twists and turns that one normally wouldn't see coming so it keeps you on your feet. Some of the jokes are a little above kid standards. They make subtle sex jokes and even slip quick lines of dialogue that you're not technically supposed to say on a show with that rating. you can only hear it if you listen close though. It's not a must see kind of show but honestly I don't' think it deserves the kind of crap that some people speak about it.
  • Great show.

I have to disagree that it went downhill in Season 2, cos out of what I've seen from season 2, it's really good. iSaw Him First is on right now, and I'm loving it. But the show overall is fantastic. It's like my second favourite show now, and my favourite sitcom. The characters are great, the episodes are fantastic & I love it. I reckon Sam secretly likes Freddie though, since even though she's always insulting him, some of the things she says, clearly show she has feelings for him. The webshow parts are great, the ideas are really imaginative, and I love this show a lot.

A+
    10/10
  • Drake and Josh, Just Add Water=iCarly

My summary and my rating probably don't match but read ahead. Drake and Josh was probably the best show there was on Nick at the time. I'll admit that iCarly can have its funny moments like when Sam kept smacking Zeebo in "iCarly Saves TV". But iCarly is basically a watered-down version of Drake and Josh. It just disappoints me that Miranda Cosgrove wasn't commited enough to just stay on Drake and Josh. I think that iCarly being created got D & J cancelled. I'm not complaining but they have "slang" that I've never heard before. What is a nub? Bring back D & J or get better writers for iCarly.
  • The best Nickelodeon show.

iCarly is hilarious my favorite episode is definitely iMust Have Locker 239, every episode is a different adventure. Sam is crazy but the end she's a pretty nice person i mean she didn't give up her job when she had the worst day of her life at the job. Freddie is a smart person, i mean hand-cuffing Sam to Gibby. Carly is the star of the show when there's the worst problem she always fixes it and Spencer is weird (ex. she made Carly paint hobo's for two hours at a park) he is always been one of my favorites. Overall iCarly is one of the 3 best to ever be on Nickelodeon, next to All That and Spongebob.
  • Another Dan Schneider masterpiece.

I'm always impressed by Dan Schneider and his brilliant shows. I've seen all of them, and I mean all of them. Zoey 101 is my least favorite, and this (iCarly) is probably my favorite. The characters are clever, and I like the jokes (even hidden ones like the hotel name being "Come On Inn" in iTake On Dingo). The cast seem to have a great chemistry, and it is a good show for both boys and girls, something that Dan Schneider is usually very good at doing, making his shows great for both sexes. My favorite character is probably Spencer, because he's hilarious, and probably the show's best actor.
  • The second best show on nick!

Icarly is a really funny and cool show! How could you not like it? It is great! The funniest character on this show is definitely spencer. There are tons of moments from this show about spencer that made me burst out laughing. Like, when sam threw a football and it hit him in the bad spot. Or even when he was playing the drums and they caught on fire. That never got old. Even all the characters are funny. But, the funniest thing to ever happen on this show was when there were 2,718 of these cakes called "fat cakes" in a tank, but gibby (the fourth funniest character in this show) thought there was 5! That was really funny. Icarly is awesome!
  • Not as good as the first season, but still a great show.

This is probably the best show on Nick, but that's not saying much. I really loved season one, season two not as good, but still you can't help but wonder if anything will turn around. The plots are great, the jokes are above mediocre, and the characters have deep personalities. The best actor by far is Jerry Trainor, Spencer. He really carries some of the kids a lot of the time, brightening my view of the show. So in conclusion, season one was great, season two is meh. When this show carries on, I'd like to see where it heads.
  • Drake & Josh + Girly Teen Girls=I Carly!

When Drake & Josh was being cancelled(that was a painful day for TV) I heard the Megan star, Miranda Cosgrove was getting her own show called, I carly. On the commercials I thought, ehh! But when I sat down to watch it, it was actually pretty funny, almost like Drake & Josh. Except this show diserves a PG rating than Y7 in my opinion because it's more for teens(and some girl-seeking adults), same with Drake & Josh. I like those funny expressions Freddy makes when something scary, weird, or embarrassing happens, I actually p*ssed my pants laughing when I first saw that. I even lol'd a few times while waching this show. Except my family doesn't like this show, but some of my friends do and at least I do. Except one thing that sort of creeps me out a bit, is that in the beginning of the series, Freddy had a high pitched voice but around the end of that season, his voice changed into a deep voice. The reason is that the actor, Nathan Kress was 15 years old at that time and had a high pitched voice! But lets not get into that! Spencer is also funny how he rubs his belly while making noises in one episode, and he's also so dumb, he's funny (much like Homer Simpson). Sam is Carly's friend that stars in her show. Yet, another good Dan Schneider production that is live action.
  • Two best friends are the creators and hosts of a popular webshow.

An amusing show for tweens to watch with their parents. iCarly stars Carly Shay, a middle school girl who lives with her goofy older brother, artist Spencer. She and her best friend Sam host a webshow they created along with Freddie Benson as their technical producer.
    Their personalities are as different as can be: Carly is sweet, caring and does well in school. Sam is mean, a poor student and often complains of a neglectful mother (but where does she get all her trendy clothes? Just wondering.) Freddie is dorky but nice, and is the subject of Sam's bullying. He puts up with it only because of his crush on Carly (who of course does not feel the same way) These differences can make for interesting conficts and even adults can enjoy this show, which is very nice these days. (I get a kick out of Freddie's ridiculously overprotective mother, for example, the episode when she actually looks for cloudblock! Funny stuff!)
  • hello there! i am a 27 year old woman with a 5 year old girl and a three year old boy. I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE CAN SAY THIS SHOW IS BAD FOR KIDS!!!!! i love it, my daughter loves it, and my son watches it too. i wait for new episodes. i love these guys!

some people need to pull the sticks out of their butts. how can they say this show is bad? jerry trainor: hilarious! i cannot wait to see what he will do after icarly (not that i want them to stop anytime soon...). extreme talent. jeanette mccurdy: talent! she can keep a straight face, she really plays her part, i love her. and an awesome singer to boot! miranda: beautiful, plays drama very well. i can see her in horror movies kickin' monster butt in the future. nathan: can do anything well, i really mean that. young, cute, really funny, again, can't wait to see what he can do in the future as well. wow, i never thought i would like a show like this, but it reels you in with it's comedy and plots. icarly kicks butt butt BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • My sister and I really like this show. (and this may be the most detailed review I've ever written lol)

I've been reading through the past couple of pages of reviews people have written and there are probably 5 main things that people keep writting about (no disrespect to the people who may think these things, you're entirely entitled to your own opinions).

1) Miranda Cosgroove (Carly) not being funny. Now I will agree that there are moments where, when she talks, I would like to tear my eyes out of my head but she really isn't that terrible now is she? She does have a way where she can say just about anything with a sort of flavor to it that makes it sound very funny. This is just my opinion though but as an actress, I'd give Cosgroove a solid 8.0

2) Ripping off brand names. Now really, is this that big of a deal? I must've read 9 or 10 reviews where people talk about how pissed fof they get when iCarly has a brand name meant as a parady of certain merchandises and stores (Shamwow instead of Shampow, Tallmart rather than Wallmart, The Sack instead of The Sleepy etc.) Now people, this isn't really that big of a deal is it? Sure sometimes it may be cliche and annoying but alot of the time I think it's pretty funny. But even if you don't think it's funny, is it really something to basically despise the show over?

3) Bad reoccurring jokes. OK, I'll give you that. There are quite a few bad reoccurring jokes in this show. Like Sam's constant talking about Fried Ribs. Really isn't that funny anymore. But that's merely one example. Don't get me started on Carly and Spencer's relationship >.> Anyways....it's not really that tragic. Every show has it's bad reoccurring jokes. Nothing to sulk over.

4) Bad examples set for children. Alright, I'll give you this one too. There are quite a few reoccurring plot points which I definately concider inappropriate for children (Ms. Brigg's point boobs, Spencer making out with nearly every woman he meets etc etc etc.) But, once again, this isn't a terrible tragity. Don't let your children watch it. Leave it at that. I (as a 28 year old woman) think this show is quite funny. And if your kids are under the ages of say 7 or 8 I definately say that you shouldn't let them watch it much. I do wish that iCarly would tone it down a bit in this area. It is rather problemsome alot of the time.

5) Characters. Everybody is bashing the characters. Well I myself half agree, half disagree. I'll take it one character at a time:
    Carly - Her character is very flat. There is very little to her except the qualities that she seems to always carry with her (kindness, fairness and sassyness). This in itself makes her a pretty hateable character. BUT, these qualities do have quite the up-side: you can put her in just about any situation. Think about it, Carly as a character could be put in just about any episode scenario and still fit in perfectly. This is quite a bonus in my opinion.
    Sam - She is a violent tomboy. There is nothing much else to say. She isn't very funny alot of the time but her actress is great and she really does have a personality to her. There is alot of think you could say about Sam and they few things that make her her. There's just alot to like. Though I do see how people could dislike her.
    Freddy - Techgeek at first.....I don't know what now... Well I gotta agree with what most other people say here: his character's taken a turn for the worse. I liked his character so much better in season one. I really don't know how to describe him at all anymore. They really need to nerd him up again soon. I'm missing nerdy Freddie. The nerdiness complimented the other characters traits very well alot of the time and I miss it.
    Spencer - There's alot to say here....He's Spencer. Too childish, got his facts all wrong, very flat as a character, and too much of a lady's man to suit his character. But the one thing that almost makes this all worth while: he's hilarious! Spencer really is funny. Probably the funniest out of all of the characters. I just love hereing him talk. Anyways, back to characterization. Now, all of Spencer's faults can be easily explained in a characterized way though: he is an artist. Artists throughout history have been shown to be wack jobs and freaks. And that's what they're trying to do with Spencer. Just not in the right ways. I just think he's too childish. The way that Carly actually seems to disciplin (sp?) him really is annoying alot of the time. He needs to grow up a bit. And as a closing comment: his art is pretty bad... If they're trying to get him across as an artist then they should find some better ways of expressing it.
    Nevel - Yeah, he's annoying. Pretty much all there is to say. He's a very climactic character alot of the time and can be funny at times but he's just annoying. And the episodes with him usually all have very similar plots.
    That pretty much all I have to say.
    As a closing to this long-ass review I would just like to say that when you watch this show you really need to open your eyes and take it in for what it is. There's alot of things about this show that need to be looked past to see the beauty of it as a whole. Long live iCarly. Thanks for reading.
  • Not as bad as some people are rating it but definitely not a perfect ten either, at least not in my opinion.

ICarly is a good show in my opinion, but not great. I used to think the characters were really real, they actually acted like kids I knew but now it has changed with all the dumb "drama" they put in to it about friendships and relationships and blah, blah, blah. And it should never be considered as hilarious. Every once in a while you get a line that's really funny and even some of the webshow skits are pretty good (ex: Kelly Cooper: Terrible Movie) but a lot of the times, they say something, and I'm like, "Was that supposed to be funny?" Now for the characters:

Carly: I really dislike her. Obviously Miranda is not the best actress in the world, and is it just me or does her voice get really obnoxious after a while? I think her character is kind of boring and she can act really snotty and annoying in some episodes. Also some of the stuff she says could be funny but she says them weird and they aren't anymore.

Sam: I liked her better in the beginning when she was really tough and not wanting to eat food all the time. In recent episodes she has gotten more girly which upsets me. Freddie: I actually like him better in the recent episodes, he's funnier than in the first couple of seasons. They're not really doing that much with him now though. Spencer: Hilarious. Love the fact that he's an artist although I don't like his art at all. Some of his subplots are really creative. (I wish he got rid of the longish hair and go back to what he had in the first season though.)

Gibby: I feel the need to add him. Now, what can I say about Gibby. "Oh Gibby, there's so much not right about you." I think that about sums it up.

This show could be better but I still like it and love to see new episodes. Although, I must admit, I kind of only watch it for Sam and Freddie, okay and Spencer. Basically anyone but Carly actually. Well, good-bye to anyone who took time out of their life to read this review. :)
  • itd not as bad as people are saying

Icarly really isnt as bad as some people are saying. Although you might think that Icarly is getting worse I personally think it is getting better. Ive loved it more and more since they started adding a healthy dose of drama (probably from about ikiss) and I think if you read between the lines youll start getting an actual storyline which is actually a very good one. all the characters are good actors and although its got the storyline its also relatively funny. A lot of people are saying that Spencer is the only funny one but there are others. Besides Spencers in it quite a lot so theres no reason for complaint there.
  • A good show with good stars. Absolutly better than most of the reviews it has been getting from others.

Icarly is a positive and up-beat show about an independent girl and her two best friends, Sam and Freddie, that film one of the best shows on the web. it also includes Carly's wacky brother, Spencer. Of course every show needs its obsticals. Their obsticals consist of Ms. Briggs, Mr. Howe, Neval Papperman, and the Number One Icarly Fan , Amanda (Mandy) Valdez. Their is also the Wacky recurring character Gibi, who hates wearing shirts, is picked on by Sam and other bullies, goes to the therapist, and has been tested for his crazy acts a lot by the school. This is a really good show from Nick.
  • Can't Believe How Many People Hate This Show

I'll admit, when I saw previews of this show before it even aired, it looked dumb, and I thought I would hate it. But then I watched out of curiosity and it was really funny! Honestly, the people who hate this show a lot probably haven't seen any episodes. They judge from the previews and honestly, the previews aren't that good.

This show has some really funny plots. The plot of a webshow is a very creative and original ideas. And there are a lot of very funny episodes of this show. This is the only thing on Nick that's worth watching at all, at least nowadays
  • iCarly has to be the best live action show on Nickelodean since All That and the Amanda Show.

iCarly is a hilarious show on Nickelodeon that appeals to viewers of a wide range. I hear of five year olds watching this show with their 35 year old parents, both laughing hysterically at the comedy. The plots are hilarious and keep me laughing. The stunts they pull off are just crazy sometimes. It is also combined with videos posted on its own website equally as funny. The aspect of letting viewers send in their own videos that can be seen on the website and even on the show was a great idea. Some people may just be watching it to see if their friend on t.v. while at the same time getting hooked to a great show. As for the characters, well, hilarious!! They are original, have great personalities and the actors fit them perfectly! The characters and the actors have great chemistry as well. This show is definitely one for the record books. Dan Schneider never disappoints.
  • iDon't Like It Anymore

Let me just start of my saying that iCarly was one of the best live action shows in Nickelodeon history. In the Top 5 even right with Drake and Josh, All That, The Amanda Show and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide. Now it sucks. Why? Because now, it's about gimmick and love triangles like Degrassi. In Season 1, it was funny as heck! The storylines were less interesting, but it was still funny. Now, the storylines are more interesting, but it's less funny. The running gags such as the constant mention of hobos and abusing Freddie are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overused. Plus, another thing that really ticks me off is the way the characters have gone out of character. Carly is annoying and selfish, Sam's a bully(used to just pick on Freddie) and pretty irritating, Freddie is a crybaby and not dedicated to Carly. What I mean is, back in Season 1, when that girl was hitting on Freddie, Freddie could have easily gone out with her to fill in his empty feelings due to the fact Carly had no interest in him, but he was dedicated to Carly. Now, he hits on any girl he sees. Like in iFight Shelby Marx, Freddie pathetically trying to get Shelby Marx's attention and in that episode with that snobby British guy, he was totally checking out those girls in the music video. And, to top it all off, he KISSES Sam. WTF?! Aren't they supposed to hate each other? I mean, it's one thing if Sam forces herself on him, but he willingly kissed her. That's pretty shallow, dude. And with Freddie being a crybaby, he always complains about how Sam treats him. C'mon, be a man! No one wants to here you whine! But the one sole thing that really really REALLY ticks me off about that show is Freddie's mom and there's one thing I don't get about her. Why is she called MRS. Benson when she's divorced?! Does that make any sense? Anyways, the thing that ticks me off about her is her constant nagging. "Brush your teeth after every meal", "floss", eat your vegetables, Fredward" Sew it on a freakin' pillow, Grandma!!! I can speak for about the majority of us when I say no one wants to hear you nagging 24/7! We already have to deal it with our OWN mothers! We watch shows like this to ESCAPE our problems, not encounter them. Sheesh! No wonder she's divorced. The last thing that I hate about this show is how they overhype the specials. They basically torture us with all these previews and three hour marathons and when the special finally airs, it's a pile of crap! That's what I mean when I say this show is all about gimmick, because it basically is! And have you ever noticed all these iCarly commercials nowadays? It's like it's all about money now. It's as if Nick doesn't care about us anymore. The money that would and should be used into making a show better is instead being put into overhyping the show with these fake previews that promise a shocking reveal, but turn up to be crap and these stupid love angles. Before Season 2, I would have given it a 8.5. Now, I give it a 6.5 or a D. C'mon, Nick. Can't a good show stay good? For once?
  • iCarly is about 2 teenaged girls who make a popular webshow

Let me first say that this show is yet still continuing to go downhill. Season 1 of this show provided us with good humor, interesting plots, and some really impressive acting. Season 2 was decent, and you noticed some of that bright humor went down the trash. Then Sam started getting really disgusting. And then there's season 3. Season 3 has been a letdown so far full of disappointing specials like iThink They Kissed and iQuit iCarly. iThink they Kissed had a terrible plot, considering that the whole moral of the plot didn't come til the last 3 minutes of the episode. iQuit iCarly was something I think the directors could have come up with in the first season no doubt about it. The acting throughout the show so far has continued to fail more and more. It mainly comes from Miranda Cosgrove. Now before you say that I couldn't act as well as Miranda Cosgrove, I will tell you that I would not have the guts whats-so-ever to do a sitcom in front of 10 million people. Miranda Cosgrove has got to be getting paid almost $1 million a year now that iCarly has become a more big production. She shouldn't be getting the money is she doesn't do the acting good. She's not funny at all like the show try's to do. Sam is just disgusting now on this show. In one episode, she eats corn, and you can see blood all over the corn. She is always beating up and slapping Freddy in the newer episodes. In the older episodes, she just messed with him and called him names. Now, Freddy actually gets hurt. Pretty good role-modeling to younger children. It's just plain ugly. Spencer I have still found to find awfully funny, same for Gibby. Freddy isn't even a nerd in the show anymore. They screwed up his characteristics completely. From the beginning of season 2, he completely changed from being a nerd to just being a regular guy on a family sitcom comedy. The jokes are still funny even on the newer episodes, but the storylines run dry for the most part in newer episodes and some of the acting has gone downhill like I said.

Overall, iCarly is still a decent, partly enjoyable show to watch, but is full of more disgusting gags, thin on ice storylines, and some not-so-terrific acting.
  • iLove iCarly!

Awesome, awesome, and more awesome. At the time this show came out back in 2007 I was skeptical. I was angry when "The Amanda Show" was removed from Nick and had hated every live-action sitcom on there except "Drake and Josh" ever since. Of course I found out that the same guy who created "Drake and Josh" - Dan Schneider - made "iCarly". At the time I was ten years old and was almost as into "Drake and Josh" as I was "Hannah Montana" (stupid me on the Hannah Montana part!) so I thought, eh, okay I'll give it a try. I watched it...and I've been hooked ever since. It's just FUNNY. I love the little rivalry that Sam and Freddie have in the background (and of course like all my friends I went nuts when they kissed). Carly is awesome, she comes up with the greatest things to say, and she has a wicked wardrobe. And of course I wish I had a big brother like Spencer. All the girls in my youth group wish they had a big brother like Spencer. My favorite thing he came up with was definitely, "Anyone can roast beef...but nobody can pee soup." I am like a mixture of both Carly and Sam. I am smart, sensible, and hate being dishonest, like Carly, but I'm a bit of a tomboy, love playing pranks, and can't get enough fried chicken, like Sam. Overall this show is amazing and is my second favorite Nickelodeon show!
  • I love iCarly. I've been watching it since I was 11, and it's never gotten old.

Most people hate it, but in order to appreciate iCarly you have to think a bit deeper about the show. If you actually take the time to think about it, you'll see that it is awesome. (Or not, depending on your taste.) The characters are well-rounded and likable (for the most part) with flaws we can all relate to on some level. The show in general is very well planned out yet extremely unpredictable. Season 1 and the beginning of season 2 wasn't the best, but you can see that Dan's listened to the constructive critism and has made an effort to improve the show. The acting is wonderful and the lines are always delivered perfectly (well.. excluding Miranda Cosgrove, for the most part. But she is getting better.) The show is different than most, and I really like that.
  • My daughter just loves and adores this show. It is funny and great for kids.I rate this a number 10 because this show deserves it.My Daughter is such a fan i just bought her an i carly Microphone. you are so much better than hanah montanna i dont like her

My daughter just loves and adores this show. It is funny and great for kids. I rate this a number 10 because this show deserves it. My Daughter is such a fan i just bought her an i carly Microphone and she sings into all the time. Its all for real im telling you just how i feel lol. I admit i watch this to lol with my daughter this is like one show i will watch with her it really is a great show show. keep it up miranda your doing good. i dont like that hanah montanna girl but miranda cosgrove your the best on disney you beat hanah to me
  • Great show.

This show is about a girl named Carly hosting her own show with her two friends Sam and Freddie. The name of their web show is "iCarly" and the show has many fans.

To start off, this show is excellent. I liked every episode I saw and I hope the other episodes will be worth watching, too. My favorite segment is the random dancing part. I give this show a perfect 10 out of 10. This show is one of the best shows on Nick. I like this show and I hope that this show will never be canceled, ever.
  • Most episodes are great!

This show started off slow. The first season, the plots were lame, and there wasn't that great of humor, I mean those episodes weren't the greatest of episodes. Then, Season 2 improved a lot along with Season 3 and Season 4. Those episodes are the ones to watch. They have great humor, excellent plots and many other good things to say about them. iPhsyco is probably the best special yet. That TV movie got an easy perfect 10. iCarly is really keeping nick alive at this point due to all the crap nick airs now-a-days.

Overall, the show gets an A.
  • WAYYY better than it looks! This show has it all!

Honestly, when I first heard about this show, I thought it must be one of the dumbest, most girly, teeny-bopper shows ever. Just the name, 'iCarly', told me it must just be about middle school girls gossiping about boys. How incredibly stupid and biased of me!
    My brother started watching it, then I tagged along just to see what it was like, and liked it almost a once.
    Didn't LOVE it, but was very happy that it wasn't how I thought it would be. Now, I really love this show and look forward to new episodes.
    It is one of the most creative, well-written, and rib-crackingly HILARIOUS shows EVER! The story is so original, and the cast fits together like a well-oiled machine (gods, I can't believe I just compared them to a machine!lol).
    It's the kind of show that appeals to all ages too, as long as you are fun-loving.

Watch it and see what you think. If you have any sense of fun and are not a total stickler, you will LOVE it! It is a GREAT show!
  • Really not as bad as everyone says it is.

This show is definitely a grower on me. Throughout the first season and a half or so I found the show to be incredibly annoying and pointless, with stupid jokes and a pretty unfunny webshow it was focused around. Miranda Cosgrove wasn't a great actress as Carly, laughing at her own jokes looking pretty awkward on camera and Nathan Kress was just annoying and embarrassing as Freddie. However, something happened during the middle of season 2, the actors and characters started to click, especially Nathan and Jennette's characters. They started to grow and develop. The show started to get slightly more serious but also funnier. You saw a progression in Freddie and Sam, by season 3 Freddie's character had become so much more relaxed, down to earth and understanding and Sam grew another dimension, a somewhat compassionate side instead of her one-dimensional mean girl character in season 1. To me at least, this show keeps getting better as the characters grow. Actually the best part of the show is seeing Sam and Freddie interact, I've come to kind of shove Carly to the background because she never really changed. While the show has problems and isn't perfect, I see good things in the future for this show.
  • A totally great show which is misunderstood.

At first, everybody is seeing its bad side. The show is funny, in a crazy way. I understand the jokes and they are really funny. You cannot judge it with its sadness because it's not. It is a very happy show. Not like Hannah Montana which isn't funny. The laugh bursts are ok in my opinion. To add, everybody thinks that Sam is a bad role model, she's dirty and lazy. But it is her role, that is her! Plus you see what bad things happen to her because of her bad habits, which discourages children from being a person like Sam. Yes, Carly is a perfectionist. But nobody is perfect. Yes, Freddie is running after Carly, but he loves her and he is not bullying her any way. BTW, this show doesn't have many movies. For example the person who listed below me said that iSpace Out and iThink They Kissed were movies. But they are not. They are normal 22 minute-long episodes. Please do not give any wrong information. Oh, and the penny-tees don't have to make sense. That is only a t-shirt. Nothing more. The penny-tees only add some crazy fun in the show. And people who think it is boring, why does nearly every episode get 5 million views, while at the same time Gossip Girl or Hannah Montana or The Wizards of The Waverly Place can hardly pull 3 million viewers?
    The movie iSaved Your Live gathered 12 million viewers, a record. Lastly, the show's humor is not what makes sense, it is about what not makes sense. If you do not understand it, of course it will be boring for you.If you understand it you'll like it.
  • This show is about a young girl and her friends who air a webshow every week.

First of all, a lot of people say this show sucks and that the humor is dry and blah blah, because of all the random inputs. Random shirtless dancing, this and that. They say The Amanda Show was way better because their humor actually made sense.

I think we're forgetting that The Amanda Show was just as random and funny, with their random comedy bits about drinking out of a sumo wrestler.

iCarly is a really good show with potential. As a 19 year old who only gets a chance to watch TV when back from college, I enjoy watching it with my younger sisters. I was hooked on the Amanda Show when I was younger, and I thought this show was a copy, with a different storyline and random bits, but the same idea: to make something as utterly stupid as it could be so that it's funny.

I really like that. Mind you, some parts just made me go "wow," like all of the kissing movies, but that is acceptable. This show is rated for TEENS, not children, on purpose, even if kids watch it all the time. That's the reason there are so many adult jokes woven in there.

All in all, I give this a 9.5. It makes me laugh, and it's a nice break from constant studying.
  • Carly Freddie Sam spencer live in seatle and carly sam and freddie have a webshow that they do every week and sometimes spencer or gibby joins them. but what is Icarly about ?????????

Icarly is about a teenager carly that lives with her older brother spencer. Sam(carly's best friend) is always there becuz she hates her house of she doesn't like to be there. freddie that lives accros carly's appartment is in love with carly but carly doesn't want to be with him and freddie also lives with his overprotective mother. sam freddie carly do there show every week but they also always hang out at other times. spencer is an artist, singel ( never really dates seriosly ) and is a fun brother. and freddie's mother is overprotective but just loves his son to much. this is a really fun show to watch with kids, it doesn't anything that i can say is bad to watch for kids. i will say it is for kids like 8 - 13. kids will love it and you will love to watch it with your kids
  • Best show on nick

iCarly is the best show on nick currently. It is my third favorite show ever, behind Drake and Josh, another nick show. And ABC's Castle. The show is about a teenager named Carly ( Miranda Cosgrove), and her two friends named Sam (Jennette McCurdy) and Freddie (Nathan Kress) who run a webshow called iCarly. Some episodes are about the webshow itself, and some about the lives of Carly, Sam and Freddie. Most episodes have a subplot about Carly's brother Spencer (Jerry Trainor). Most episodes also feature the gang's weird friend Gibby ( Noah Munck ) . A reoccurring storyline in the show involves Nevel ( Reed Alexander) , who is constantly tring to shut down or steal iCarly, or as in iFight Shelby Marx try to get Carly hurt. He has appeared in 7 episodes.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11