Icons

G4 (ended 2007)

darquesyde

User Score: 1999

Icons Fan Reviews (11)

• Great info on video games!

If i had never watched this show mabey i would never know much about my favorite video games and game companies. Icons brings all of that and a double dose of amazment. I Just wish they wont change the category too pop culture. This show needs a 10/10. Thabnk you Icons.
  • Great show for gaming junkies who like knowledge.

For all those gaming nerds, this is for you! Icons tells the history of the gaming industry's best moments. For example, the biography of Ralph Baer(creator of video games), Mortal Kombat series, Halo series, even the Apple personal computers. So if you want some info about games and their backgrounds.
  • The show combines history meets technology

The sharpest program on an otherwise dull channel. A channel dedicated to videogames is pretty much the last place you would expect a weekly documentary program. Icon educates, enlightens and entertains all at the same time. The "Gameboy" and "Apple II" were the most fascinating episodes. Excellent in everyway and worth a look (even if you hate documentaries).
  • Icon is the best show on G4 right now.

The only thing that saving G4 from being a crappy MTV network for video games is Icon. Icon is a documentary show that gives viewers the total run-down on the world of video games. The show provide in-depth coverage on topics ranging from behind the scenes looks at game developers, to profiles of industry giants and notorious figures in gaming, to a retrospective on the history of famous games and more. '

It's by far the best documentary show out there.
  • Finally, they got it right.

Now, I know what you’re thinking. ‘Oh, it’s just some stupid video game show.’ Well, the intended audience is gamers, but it’s not solely about the games. More so, it’s about the state of the industry, how games came to be and how they were accepted. A few episodes cover individual people that are famous for their work, others are for different series that are well received among fans and have a long history behind them.

What sets this apart from other shows of this type are the guests and personal interviews. Every time in the past that game related documentaries have popped up, it’s all narration and assumption. Nothing that we haven’t seen before. This time around, most of the story and information comes straight from the horses mouth.

Even if you’re not into games/technology, it’s still one of the most interesting programs on television today. Mixing interesting stories with history and just a pinch of technology, this is one program that should not be missed.
  • Icons was a show telling you about the history of videogames. Now they are doing stuff that isn't even related to videogames.

Icons is a show that tells you about the history of videogames. It's very informative. This is one of my favorite shows on G4.

G4 was almost going to cancle this show. I didn't want them to take it off. They are now going to be showing new episodes.

So from this review you are prabobly thinking why is this show going down hill. Let me explain. I was glad when they announced more new episodes. Now I am not. They are not even going to do anything on videogames anymore. Here is another show that G4 messed up.

This show is great well the old episodes anyway. I think that they need to show the old ones more often.
  • Icons is sorta like VH1 goes inside. It goes in and explains the history of something video-game related...

Icons is sorta like VH1 goes inside. It goes in and explains the history of something video-game related... like pac-man! They'll always pick something popular and loved though instead of something boring like vh1 inside. But trust when I say they will keep you intrested. They made me love X-Box. Cool huh? I used to hate x-box until I heard the story behind it now I'm thinking good thoughts about buying one and trust me no one ever has been able to change my mind on x-box before icons. Icons is in fact a true icon.
  • This show used to talk about games so this is the review before it changed. ( Was Written Long Ago)

Icons is a very interesting show that teached me about my favorite video game related things. I would learn about stuff from games I never knew before. They talked about Sonic, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Link, and etc. This is why I loved this show. The episodes were amazing. If you are a gamer and have access to G4 you should watch this show.

They would go in deep with game makers and interview then and talk to people with great knowledge of what they are talking about. So, the show was very informative and interesting to watch. Watch it.
  • This show is informitive.

I absolutely love this show because it is extremely informitive talking about the history about video game companies and video game franchises. They also mention unknown or unpopular facts and information. This show does well and makes G4 worth watching and deserves to be seen! Icons is a very good show.
  • This show is very helpful.

This is an excellent show that states every detail possible to cover each and every topic featured. The episodes have good topics to discuss, and are amazing to hear about. This is my favorite show on G4, and I hope it makes more episodes in the future to speard more info about games and movies.
  • This show is overall really good, but it really depends on your taste in what you like. Every episode there's a different Icon being displayed. I liked most of the episodes, but not all of them. This is a good show and I would recommend it.

Icons, is a show that takes a look at the video game industry from how it got started to where it's at today. Every episode is very informative and you really can learn a lot. They're all done very well, it's just personal taste whether you'll like it. I watch this show every day and I think it's really good.