I'll Fly Away Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

Sunday Nights n American Life Network

pirategennie

[1]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 10

Is anyone watching this in syndication?  It sure is worth a second look (or a first if you missed it the first time around!)  It's actually quite brilliant.

g

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pugdoglover

[2]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 9
    I love this show it was great i have seen each episode 3 times.

pirategennie

[3]Sep 16, 2006
    i was in japan when this show aired but a friend send me tapes. i have lost so many tapes... don't even KNOW yet if i still have these. hope so!

g

RebeccaAnne

[4]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 15
    I was very young when this show came out and missed it. I am a huge fan of Law and Order and began watching I'll Fly Away on American Life TV because Sam Waterston was in it. I quickly learned to love the show for itself. I no longer watch I'll Fly Away on American Life TV but that is only because I have managed to tape every episode.

pirategennie

[5]Sep 23, 2006

RebeccaAnne wrote:
    I was very young when this show came out and missed it. I am a huge fan of Law and Order and began watching I'll Fly Away on American Life TV because Sam Waterston was in it. I quickly learned to love the show for itself. I no longer watch I'll Fly Away on American Life TV but that is only because I have managed to tape every episode.

well that is of course an excellent reason!

i was given tapes of i'll fly away  by a friend who was regularly providing me with them while i was in japan, partly because she knew i liked waterston... i'd liked him before  law and order was created, then was a law and order fan before waterston joined the cast (which delighted me, though i'd actually been interested in the show at first because of moriarty, whom i'd been watching for a long time).  go figure!  one thing leads to another; we don't all get there the same way but we get there, don't we?

g

benbrattlover

[6]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 2

Please pardon my ignorance, but where does the American Life Network broadcast and how do I access it??

I have Comcast cable (unfortunately!) but I had satellite (DirecTV) and am planning to get it back soon.

I'd love to get the American Life Network, but until I read your posts I never even knew about it. Where is it available, and how do I get it??

pirategennie

[7]Sep 30, 2006
    benbrattlover wrote:

Please pardon my ignorance, but where does the American Life Network broadcast and how do I access it??

I have Comcast cable (unfortunately!) but I had satellite (DirecTV) and am planning to get it back soon.

I'd love to get the American Life Network, but until I read your posts I never even knew about it. Where is it available, and how do I get it??

hi!

okay unless you live in the twin cities, i don't know, but i can give you some leads.

first of all, if you DO live in the twin cities, comcast has it on digital cable.  in st. louis park it's channel 260 i think.  something like that.  if you don't get digital, you don't get american life network.  you may know it as the good time or good life  channel or something like that (i am SO specific today! haha!)  they changed their name.

satellite should be able to get it as it's national.   you never know of course; but if comcast bought it here, maybe it bought it where you are too.

the channel has a website:  http://www.goodtv.com/ .   you should be able to find out something more about whether and where it operates in your area by checking their page and/or the comcast page and/or (pardon that this is competition for tv.com's listings) http://tv.yahoo.com/grid/.  set it up for your location and it'll give you lots of opportunities to customize and search.

good luck!

g

RebeccaAnne

[8]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 15
    For those of you who don't yet know, American Life Network has stopped showing I'll Fly Away on Sundays at 9:00. They have replaced it with Hill Street Blues.