I'll Fly Away

NBC (ended 1993)

I'll Fly Away Fan Reviews (6)

• An epiphany gateway to understanding personal development with all its struggles and joys. I will never forget its story. It is my story also.

The writers deserve the same accolades as do the actors. This was extreme entertainment as well as wisdom. I lived the sixties in Washington D.C. where we took our learning into the streets. The time and action was transforming. We had the same questions as John Morgan, the thought and courage of Lily, the bewilderment and honor Forest Bedford, the energy and honesty of Nathan and the justice and righteousness of Francie. What an experience!
  • I'll Fly Away is very nice. I want to see the show again and again. So i give the rating as 10.

I'll Fly Away is very nice. I want to see the show again and again. So i give the rating as 10. Very nice picture.I must have watched this 10 times already. Damn I have no life but it's just THAT good. You have to watch it to believe it. Thank me later.
  • I was hoping that his would do much better than he actually did. I wonder if he done his eye make-up himself or if someone else done that for him?

6.9
    I was hoping that his would do much better than he actually did. I wonder if he done his eye make-up himself or if someone else done that for him? I don't know what to say about both hte characters I just don't like them. He reminds me of Constantine from last season, except Constantine could at least sing.
  • one of the best shows of the 90's

i'll fly away.. how i remember this show.. and how i thought that i was the only one that watched this show.

from the very first episode to the very last i was a faithful watcher even when nbc moved it about 20 times i always found it.

the writing took me to a place that i had never before been to. the south in the 50's. each week i was right along with regina taylor's lilly as she balanced the life of a housekeeper for a white family and her life to her own family and trying to find a life for herself.

i got to see what it was like for an african-american woman in the united states in the late 50's early 60's and what they had to go through.

i also got to see the lives of the 3 children and their father and their trials as they also had things that challenge them.

in all i am glad that i got to see this wonderful show and one day maybe it will be on dvd.
  • A wonderful show

I'll Fly Away was what every television series should aspire to be. It wasn't always easy to watch because some of the subject matter, though realistic, was hard to watch at times. The acting was top notch and I wish the show had done better at the emmys. Why Regina Taylor has not become a huge star is beyond me. When the show was cancelled after two seasons, PBS funded a two hour movie to wrap everything up for which they deserve major kudos.
  • I'll Fly Away tells the story of the Bedford family, along with their housekeeper Lilly. It takes place in 1950's Alabama, during the struggle for civil rights.

I'll Fly Away was a wonderful show that was cancelled far too soon. The stories and characters were so well written, and it beautifully portrayed a time in US history that was not always pretty. Hopefully it will be released on DVD soon, so it can be appreciated again.