Immortal Grand Prix

Hostile Contradiction

Aired Saturday 12:00 AM Aug 18, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• A strange, yet exciting episode as the series ending, this one features some very unusual animation choices and weird dialogue, but it delivers wonderfully with great action and plenty of surprises.

This episode is quite interesting. It's also enough of an oddball that I found myself going, "What in the world?!" a number of times.

Let's start with the animation: the sequence of Luca and Takeshi versus Max's bear was a bit of a downer for me. True, I find it ironic that he "finally" beat her at that video game, but those were never the strong points of the show. It made me glad when the usual animation style resumed. Likewise, the "dusk" setting for this race is interesting. At times, the light effects made it difficult to really see the mechs with a lot of detail. I do think a night championship race like last season's might have been better.

The dialogue is somewhat strange as well. The seen with White Snow and the kendo sticks versus Takeshi lacked enough dramatic trust to really work for me. I felt they could have done without it.

However, the actual action and scenes outside of those were first class. This episode, depsite some odd choices, is very strong and delivers with tension and drama.
  • Okay first we have Takashi and Luca fight this giant Teddy bear aka Max, then we have Team White snow transform into one huge mech! lol.

After the fight Takashi had with Team White Snow, It was time to rest up for tommrrow. Both Teams get a good start in the begining. Max decides to hack into Takasi's mech but with the help of Luca, Takashi was able to stop the hack with his video game chracter. Yes his video game chracter. Team Snow isn't done yet. First they start copying all Satomi's moves litearlly. Next they start to beat up Takashi. Finally they combined there mech into one huge mech! One word to say. Cheaters!!