Important Things with Demetri Martin

Wednesday 10:30 PM on Comedy Central Premiered Feb 11, 1999 Between Seasons

thefanof

Important Things with Demetri Martin Fan Reviews (10)

• Suprisingly entertaining

Ok, so when i turned over to this about a week ago, i wasn't expecting much, so i was pretty suprised when i ended up liking it, his quirky brand of humour is enough to mak anyone laugh, whilst wondering how the hell he manages to do it so flawlessly, a must see.

So yes, it would appear to have anything you could possibly want from a comedy show, admittedly i only turned over in the first place because of the god awful BBC3 attempt "Lee Nelsons well good show." And Demetri martin easily made up for the BBC's awful attempt at a comedy variety show
  • Demetri Martin's unique brand of indie comedy will have you busting a gut and wondering where the heck he comes up with this stuff.

I was a Martin fan well before the show debuted, and literally squealed when it was announced. Demetri has such a unique range of talents (from playing bells with his feet to drawing pictures ambidextrously), it was impossible for his show NOT to be funny. His comedy, which is witty and childish at the same time, is organized by category- an important thing. Though the sketches and jokes sometimes stray from the subject, each segment is so hilarious you forget to care. I had almost given up hope on Comedy Central sketch shows until Demetri showed up with this awesome show. And we all have Jon Stewart to thank.
  • When I watch I literally LOL.

Demetri Martin really has the ability to bring the humor to the important things. While he teaches us the importance of things, he makes us laugh using jokes, sketch comedy, animation and even music, what a showman! Sometimes sketch comedy shows are also called variety shows, and this diffintelly, without a dought, 100%, has variety. The critics rate this show as "Uproarious and frighteningly funny", "Nerd humor that rocks", "Smart, outlandish and very funny", "Seinfeld esque" ect. Sounds pretty important doesn't it? If it's Seinfeld esque then it must be an awesome show.

In closing, Hilarious show you gotta watch it.
  • Why doesn't Comedy Central just give everyone a show while they're at it?

2.5
    The humor is way too obvious for starters. Do you recall his safety episode, when he made the joke about the saying "Safey first?" It went something like this: "I like how people always say 'safety first.' It makes me wonder what comes next?" Then he flips the page on his easel, with the word "safey" on top, and the word "dessert" below it. He then says, "I think I'll get through safety so I can have dessert." I'm not quoting him word-for-word, but I know it went something like that. I also hate the way he stands there with his dull, expressionless tone forcing out his jokes that are so obvious, anyone could come up with it. The only reason his jokes are original is because other people were smart enough to be more creative.
  • I'd rather watch him on YouTube

While I love Demetri Martin on YouTube, I was sorely disapointed with his show: Important Things With Demetri Martin. I watched the episode on "Coolness" and it made me think I was watching a boring version of "The Chappelle Show."
    While his jokes are midly entertaining, his skits didn't hold my attention, and I didn't laugh once.
    There was a sketch about a hair cap for the shower that had fake hair on it so you didn't look like you were wearing an upside-down trash bag on your head. It would have been funnier if they would have cut it down a bit - the sketch was just to long.
  • The best thing to happen to Comedy Central since Chappelle's Show.

"Important Things with Demetri Martin" is Comedy Central's latest sketch show. It tops the outrageously funny "Mind of Mencia" (no, that is not a sarcastic remark; I actually do think that Carlos Mencia funny) and rivals the great Chappelle's Show. In each episode, comic/musician/artist Demetri Martin explores a different subject, such as chairs or games, and performs sketches (mostly) related to said subject. During the course of the episode, Martin shows some of his artwork and occasionally sings a song relating to the subject of the episode. Some recurring sketches include the yellow belt, Fairly Important Fairy Tales, and the two guys in the dungeon. If you're looking for a funny show, I would highly recommend watching this show. Grade: B+
  • This show his hilarious.

I have watched every episode so far and only one of them wasn't that great but even that one was still really funny. The rest of them made me laugh out loud almost the whole time I was watching. I like the sketches and the comedy portions as well as the sillyness of the whole show. It's almost like British humor silly. I really enjoy that type of comedy. I also enjoy how clever some of the jokes are with changing pictures to mean other things or moving words around I really like that intelligent and clever aspect of the show too.
  • Once in a while, a different kind of comedian takes the stage. Demetri Martin takes comedy to new levels.

I previously caught Demetri Martin's special on the Comedy Network and was pretty much completely blown away by his "large pad" sketches, cartoons, songs, and plain old-stand up. Demetri is smart and creative, and I think he has taken comedy to new heights. The combination of sketches, stand-up, cartoons, improv, and props really shines through for him. Everything he does gets a least one laugh. You can tell he works pretty hard on keeping his material new and innovative. I've never quite seen anything like him and I kinda like it. So far, the show has been a great hit for me. I really enjoy watching it and you can tell a lot of work goes into each episode. In my opinion, it's a lot better than some of the other shows comedians throw together. Your in for a great time watching the show!
  • Demetri Martin's new comedy sketch show on Comedy Central is hilarious. Involves classic Demetri jokes as well as loads of new material!

Demetri is better each show. I've seen the Power and Timing episodes and I can not get enough! I've been a fan of his for many years and was ecstatic to see him have his own show. His jokes are original and he's so random, but I love that about him. He does sketches, just jokes, music, he really caters to all kinds of people which I find awesome. It's something that my boyfriend and I never miss now. I can't wait for the next episode. Demetri Martin is a great comedian and everyone should watch this show! It's fantastic!
  • You can't really judge this show yet.... But I will!

This show is based off the comedic styles of Demetri Martin, he did a stand up special on Comedy Central that was actually really funny. The only thing about that I don't really like about him, and this show, is that the jokes tend to jump all over the place, like he'll make a joke about one thing, then make another joke about something completely unrelated, not trying to connect them in anyway, but, even though I don't like this about him, it really works for him, it's kinda like a Steven Write thing. Overall, since I've only seen one special, and one episode, I can't really review this properly, but, I can still review it, and it is one of the best things Comedy Central shows now, considering all the movie trash and terrible comedians they show, it isn't really hard to be good on this network, but, it still it's still up there with the ACTUAL funny stuff, like South Park and Futurama.