In a Heartbeat Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2001)

Why It was cancelled !?

THEICE

[1]Jun 7, 2007
    • level: 12
    The show received some criticism for some of it's mild language and sexual content. It was pulled of the air after one year as Disney Channel began wanting to restructure its image, and come up with new shows to gain more of an audience.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Firetears

[2]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 23
    I got a few episodes on my computer and I have yet to see any sexual content. Overtones, sure, but it's a tv show and it wasn't like we saw the kids have any sex. The mild language? I think using the word mild is a bit of an exaggeration. They said regular teenage insulting words like "Skanks" but that's about it. Are you sure it recieved critisism for this because this show was directed TOWARDS teenagers. I think the show lost it's audience somewhere during it's airtime and that's why it got cancelled. But I doubt it's for the reasons stated above. But I could be wrong though. I just need to know if that's a fact or were you repeating what you read somewhere else.

LexClarkaresexy

[3]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 15
    I didn't watch this show on the disney channel but on the family channel and if it was because of those reasons that they cancelled it I think that is completely stupid. They play worse shows on family like popular now that has some swearing and they don't call people skanks more like the other word for it. I just don't understand some people. lol

Firetears

[4]Aug 31, 2007
    • level: 23
    Well, I don't have Family Channel because I live in America but from my understanding they edit Popular a few times on that channel. Like especially when Nicole wears her necklace that says "B*tch", they blur it out all the time. But I love that show Popular, did that show just come to your mind or did you use it as an example because it was on my avatar?

Anyway, like I said before, I'm not going to say that was wrong because I don't know for a fact. But if I were to take a guess at why the show was cancelled, I'll say it's because the ratings weren't too high. In a Heartbeat was a real teen drama and it might've been too mature/heavy for the younger audience of Disney, even with Paige's storylines.

LexClarkaresexy

[5]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 15
    No I didn't see your avatar. I just used it as an example because i like that show and they like to swear and talk about mature things. Anyways, that could have been the reason, but it was just low ratings.