In a Heartbeat

Disney Channel (ended 2001)

In a Heartbeat Fan Reviews (14)

• Please Bring it back or atleast to DVD.

When Disney had this show on it was so good, I never missed an episode. One day I went to watch it and it just wasn't there. I later found out that it had been cancelled. I was so upset. I thought it was a great way to get kids interested in the medical field. I mean I wanted to do that! I thought being an EMT would be great! and Mostly it was because of that show. I think that if they were to either Bring it back or atleast put it on DVD they would be shocked at the ratings or sales. I mean look how many medical shows we have on TV now!
  • Disney bring it back!!!!

I loved this show i remember when people stoped whatching it and it was only on at 2:00 in the morning. I would stay up just to whatch it. The cast was great the plot was great being a teen when this show was out I wished i was them. I for one am going to send an email to disney asking them to show some reruns. its not like I can find any episodes on the internet.

P.S. if anone knows where I can get some episodes pls. tell me.
  • I can't believe it's gone!

This show was like a Disney Channel verson of Strong Medicine! I loved watching this with my little sister who was very little at the time. Well, she was eight years old. Still, she and I watched it as much as we could and we adored it. This show was not only a medical show, but also a show about regular teen life. I think it mixes teen life with medical-care life. It was so wonderful watching those sixteen-year-olds save lives and take care of people around them. I am all for it, because taking care of people is what I like to do as well. I miss this show so much.
  • About a group of EMT who are going though high school, and just tring to get by. Conflict and heartbreak....this show was way a head of it\'s time. The leads went on to biger things like X-Men and Smallville

One of the first TV shows on disney that was starting to focous towards the teenage group. The drama held the atention of older crowd. The Heart pumping drama with the girl nextdoor, the typical bad boy, the geek just tring to fit in. the fear of what ever is coming when they hear their beeper go off. On again off again relationships between the chariters helps keep on hooked. This started the new fad in in TV dramas leading up to gilmore girls, the oc, and one tree hill. This drama was canceled after a short run on disney. The actors used it as their break and the break towards new TV.
  • i love this show. i got my emt at 16. i was good to be able to relate to a show. screw disney for taking it off. it was actually amazing. people could act on the show. not like the **** thats on disney channel now.

i love this show. the acting was good. the show actually gives a somewhat acurate representation of what its like to be a teenage emt. i never wore a jump suit thought at my rescue squad. bring this show back. it was one of the only disney shows where the actorscould actually act. the show is so good i love it. go to www.tvshowsondvd.com and vote for it to get released on dvd.!!!!!! The show is so good. The medical stuff is pretty acurate. im my state at most 9-1-1 companies you have to be 20-21 to drive the ambulance and at least 18 to be an emt i.
  • A show about teens working in a hospital.

Okay, so what happened to this show? All the dumb shows on disney got more episodes than this! I think that this show was so so s os oso so so so so so so under apriciated. It is such a great series and a few of those guys are really FINE!!!!!! oh yeah. anyway. It is like imediately after this show aired it went to nighttime slots. shame shame. it was good. better than the garbage on disney channel now anyway! ha ha ha ha ha well it's true. am i right or am i right? I am right!
  • Great stuff

This was a great show. It was back in a time when disney didnt have garbage on. Sorry to anyone that offends but i mean really look back at this time period. They have some good stuff going on and this was part of it. I think i really showed people true to life stuff and not stuff about american dragons and rich hotel snobs. It was pretty close to real life. Teens doing good which i dont know about you but i havent seen that on TV in awhile have you. Bring this type of TV back and make me happy to watch disney again
  • Old Favourite

This was my favourite disney t.v series!
    A show about four high school kids on an EMT team, I could really relate to this show because I have always loved helping people. as backstory it also had problems that teens face growning up. This show introduced me to the fabulous Lauren Collins and absolutly gorgeous Shawn Ashmoore! I don't understand why they took it off air...
  • I loved this show. I was a 16 year old EMT when I found it. It was nice to see things that I could identify with on TV.

I loved this show. I was a 16 year old EMT when I found it. It was nice to see things that I could identify with on TV. They have some shows such as Third Watch and ER that are aimed at an older age group. This show was almost like true life for me.
  • We needed a show like this... and the actors on this show were great. Bring it BACK!

In A Heartbeat was a disney rarity, a show that as a teen you could watch and not feel like a loser, and also a show that had a true heart with real issues. Unlike shows on Disney now (That's So Raven, Suite Life, Phil of the Future) this series actually cared about the viewers. Although a little unrealistic, this series inspired some of my friends to persue a career in the medical field, and it featured some actors and actresses who I love.

For example, Lauren Collins, who now plays Paige on Degrassi and is in the movie 'Take the Lead', is an excellent actress and was in this series. Shawn Ashmore has gone a long way since this and Nickelodean's 'Animorphs'. He now plays 'Iceman (Bobby)' in the X-Men film series. He's a great actor, same with Lauren.

Someone bring this back and get rid of Raven, Phil, Lizzie, Zack and Cody.
  • Great show when it was on tv.

This show was one of my favorite disney shows. It wasnt just a kids show it was for the whole family to watch. I really liked the show alot. I wish disney made a second season when it was on tv. It was quite a awsome show to watch of how they saved people. I hope one day soon disney will put this on dvd.
  • great disney show. one of their first shows aimed toward an "older" audience

One of my favorite shows. For a disney show it is very well written. i used to stay up late every sunday night to watch it. It affected what i want to do when i am older. i greatly miss it. if anyone knows of a time when this show is on pleazzz tell me.
  • 16 year old paramedics!? As if!

Great storyline and good general concept except for one thing: I dont think 16 year olds can be paramedics. The one thing that makes this show stink so much is the immediate escape from reality! C'mon, 16 year olds as paramedics; I don't think so! For all those kids that sit at home and watch the show saying "I want to be a paramedic at 16", this show is a big let-down. As well, I often found that the episodes had no logic order and each episode had nothing to do with the previous one. Therefore, due to a lack of direction and no reality, there is no wonder this show is still not playing! But if it is, it will be off very soon!
  • It's a show i loved to watch on Disney Channel when i was younger, it always seemed to make me smile. It had good plot lines and a well cast cast. I was sad to see it go and i wish it had not ended when it did.

I wish i could remember this show better because i was young when i watched it and it has been years since i've seen any episodes. Dispite this, i still remember bits and pieces and the feeling i got when i watched it, one that allowed me to escape from reality and become absorbed into the world of these teenagers who hung out at a hospital and would be called at any moment to help save lives. It would be great to find reruns of this show aired again espically since i'd love to relive some old childhood memories of turning on the disney channel every week and watch the relationship between the characters grow and change. I remember thinking that the show was going places and even though it had changed timeslots, i would still loyally watch and anticipate the next episode. It was deffinatly a shock to realise that the show was cancled and i would never see any more new episodes.
    The disney channel had premeried many new chilrens shows since IAHB but i don't think any of them have equaled the depth that this show had. I know it's too late to bring the show back now and that's sad although i will still hold on to the possibility that a network will show the reruns so i and others who loved the show can remeber it and a new generation of children can watch with the facination that i had when i watched it.