TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

In Case of Emergency Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

It's being pulled

mdstudio

[1]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/03/in_case_of_emergency_abc_set_to_pull_sitcom.html

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kbry9nf

[2]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 1

I don't know how any of you could be surprised by this, In Case Of Emergency followed Knights of Prosperity and actually lost viewers from its lead in which was itself pulled due to poor ratings. 6 million (and under) viewers is nowhere near what a primetime show needs to survive nowadays!

Sitcoms are becoming harder to sell to an audience nowadays, with all trying to copy the huge success of Friends, and none really creating a fresh, stand-out impression. This year in particular has been hard for sitcoms, with almost no successes, Knights of Prosperity, 'Til Death, Help Me Help You, Happy Hour, Big Day and The Class (which I'm hearing CBS has canned). The only successful sitcom of the year has been Rules of Engagement. Where have the great ideas for sitcoms gone?

mdstudio

[3]Mar 13, 2007
    Actually, The Class hasn't been cancelled. CBS hasn't decided to do a second season or not as yet.

ebroyr2

[4]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 10
    Not surprised, going way downhill. Wasn't on a high hill to start with

shocker713

[5]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 21

You know what?  I'm just gonna stop liking shows.

buildrich

[6]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 12
    This show had its share of funny moments and the premise was OK, but there were just too many unlikeable characters.  Even the presence of Kelly Hu (What's not to like?) wasn't sufficient to overcome this obstacle.  OK while it lasted.  Not going to be missed very much.

Coolhippo13

[7]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 7
    it says on that website "3/20/07 UPDATE: ABC is now calling the April 4th episode the "season finale," making it unlikely that the remaining episodes will air this season" maybe there is still hope? If it was gone for Sure it would be the Series Finale.

mdstudio

[8]Mar 28, 2007
    Because FOX expanded American Idol, ABC has changed their plans.

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/03/in_case_of_emergency_abc_sitcom_to_finish_its_seas.php

ebroyr2

[9]Mar 29, 2007
    • level: 10
    mdstudio wrote:
    Because FOX expanded American Idol, ABC has changed their plans.

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/03/in_case_of_emergency_abc_sitcom_to_finish_its_seas.php

It'w wierd, this doesn't close the door on a 2nd season. But I feel the person writing this article is completely wrong in thinking that it may come back. Why would a network that wanted to cut short a 13episode run and leave 2 episodes unaired want to renew the show for a 2nd season. This may have been a likliehood in the Seinfeld era of network comedy, but not anymore. No big impact = No renewal!

mdstudio

[10]Apr 4, 2007

ebroyr2 wrote:
    It'w wierd, this doesn't close the door on a 2nd season. But I feel the person writing this article is completely wrong in thinking that it may come back. Why would a network that wanted to cut short a 13episode run and leave 2 episodes unaired want to renew the show for a 2nd season. This may have been a likliehood in the Seinfeld era of network comedy, but not anymore. No big impact = No renewal!

I didn't get that feeling at all. I went back and reread it and the last paragraph says it looks unlikely the show will be back. I think Knights has a better chance personally.

numberonecubsfa

[11]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 6
    Of course. ABC premires two sitcoms that get me hooked, and they both have unlikely futures.....

ROB_SIMPSON_USA

[12]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 3

TIL DEATH being cancelled?  I'd miss that show.

Any one else notice that In case of emergency show is just like Threes company? Just needs to add sexual tension in the

house and add a landlord lol.  Seriously, its one girl living with a bunch of guys.  Jason is the nurse.  ok so the similarities end there-  its a stretch to say Sherman is a cook (he had a line of diet food).  Kelly Lee looks like she quit her job as a masseuse, think thats a good move, either get into a jobe that can develop good suporting charectors or have her stay at home more while looking for one. 

I like the cast, but not finding the writing for the show that interesting, Am I wrong? needs ,major changes.  So I wont be sad to see it go, just hope some of them find a new show- especially David Arquette.  Anyone agree?

Amberlinah

[13]Apr 8, 2007
    Are you joking me? Thats one of my favorite shows to watch before I go to bed! is ABC canceling every good show now?!

Duds_2k

[14]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    I've got no problem with the cancellation itself but canning it with 1 solitary episode left in order to show a repeat is just utterly stupid. Show the last ep, let the show die, move on. Don't cheat the fans out of their last single 30 mins.

mateo82p

[15]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 9
    the last episode WILL be showed. this wednesday. normal timeslot. good for that. I was bummed at the idea of having to watch online.

I hope they DON'T hook up Harry and Kelly. The story hadn't gotten that far yet.

mateo82p

[16]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 9
    The problem with this show was 2-fold. 1) ratings weren't that good. 2) Cast full of stars (meaning expensive to produce). If there were nobodies in the cast with these ratings, a second season would have been possible (though probably still not likely).

That's the reason What About Brian was renewed last year despite bad ratings. It wasn't/isn't expensive to produce. but they've added more people and I don't think the ratings have improved so it'll likely be canned.

miss_wierd

[17]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    I can't believe it's cancelled.. I really liked the show.

zzzozzzo

[18]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 2

mateo82p wrote:
    the last episode WILL be showed. this wednesday. normal timeslot. good for that.

I don't see it being listed on the ABC site...wouldn't be surprised if if doesn't air, these US networks don't give a rat's ass about their customers. Starting a series and then pulling it before the season's last episode that's like spitting in the face of loyal viewers.

I'll just stop watching these kind of shows (In Case Of Emergency, Black Donnellys, Knights of Prosperity etc.) what's the point if they can be pulled on a week's notice anyway...

numberonecubsfa

[19]Apr 18, 2007
    Bah, just like so many cancelled shows, I'll never see the end.

Alex055

[20]Apr 18, 2007
    Where's our promised 13th episode? X( Dammit, this sucks! This show was so awesome. I guess that from now on, no one will ever ask ABC to air a show again, since they cancell every new good show!