In Case of Emergency

ABC (ended 2007)

In Case of Emergency Fan Reviews (14)

• It's a great show! Very funny! With a highly likeable cast!

This is a great show! I like everything about it,the premise,the writing,and the highly likeable,cast! I like Jonathan Silverman,a lot,i think he's a great comedic actor! Kelly Hu,is excellent,in it,too! It's very funny,one of the best comedies,i've seen in years! I think it will get better,as it goes! With outrageous characters,and situations,it makes you laugh out loud! I hope it's on,for years to come! ABC,has the best,comedy lineup on tv,now,no doubt! I'm sure none of the character's lives,will get much better,anytime soon! If you like,crazy comedies,i'm sure,you'll like,this show! Without a doubt,check it out! You'll be glad you did! Happy Viewing!
  • Wow this is a great show!I think the cast is great, the idea behind a bunch of highschool friends all meating up afrter years is guines!The only problem i have with it is that its not on more!I am very picky when it comes to tv this show gets 100 from me

i love this show its hillarious and creative! i love how the charactors are all so differnt but all get along. its really funny how sherman steals a pastry truck and hes a diet guru and it all fits together so well like how they all met up again what i want to know is why its soo important to harry that kelly remembers him i think that the show really is something that could really happen and im extremly sick of all these shows that are so far feched that there hard to watch i think that this show with a little more publisety will live up to its full potenal wich is the next friendsor something but better
  • Love it, love it, love it!

In case of emergency is a unique sitcom. The show is about a group of thirty something who all went to the same high school are reunited and realise that their lives didn't turn out as planned. It is original, interesting and hilarious. It sure gets me glued to my tv! I love the whole cast. Each character brings out the best for the show. It's great to see some of the familiar faces back on tv again, especially Kelly Hu. Her acting has gotten very well as compared to her previous acting on Sunset Beach and Martial Law. The storylines are so well written. It gets better every episode. I can't wait for the next episode to air! Well done ABC!
  • The worst show since Yes Dear, and that is probably better than this crap.

This show is awful, awful, awful, awful. This show is unfunny and unoriginal. It tries to be the next "Arrested Development" in terms of style and punchline delivery but it is not. The cast is horrible. Whoever thought that David Arquette was funny? Jonathan Silverman hasn't been popular since "Weekend at Bernie's." The story lines are confusing and unfunny. I'm a big fan of using pop music in the telling of stories, but to use it just to use it (which is what this show does) instead of having it enhance it (in shows like Cold Case, which I'm not really a fan of, but give them credit for tying the music with the storyline).

I expected a lot more from a writer with "Home Improvement" and "According to Jim."
  • TV.com is showing that Episode 6: "Denial for A While" doesn't air until Wed. 2/7. TV Guide has it listed as airing Wed. 1/31.

• In Case of Emergency

Plot summary taken from the site for In Case of Emergency on ABC.com.

“ "It's the line on any medical form or job application that most of us take for granted: Who should we contact in case of emergency? We don't even think twice about it as we fill in the name of our spouse, our parents, our sibling, our best friend. But what if you had no one? What if you looked at that question and struggled to come up with one single person that you could contact if there was a real emergency? Today is a turning point for three high school buddies who find themselves in places they never would have expected, and learn that in one day they can start with no one to count on, but can finish being able to count on each other. After discovering his wife cleaned him out, diet guru Sherman will hijack a bakery truck and over-indulge. In the face of a fraud indictment, financial whiz Jason will dodge the suicide bullet only to shoot himself in the foot…literally. Unhappily divorced, Harry will finally go for a relaxing "massage" but get an unhappy ending, complete with police chase. And the scantily clad "massage therapist" Kelly will get exposed as the High School valedictorian the three men knew her to be. By day's end, good-hearted Harry will have gathered these high school peers under his roof as they come to realize none of them turned out the way they thought they would back in '87. It's a good thing they've all finally got someone to call, because their troubles are just beginning."
  • A nice show about people in trouble, big trouble and lots of it.

First episode was good, really funny and so was the second one. This show is really funny, it's about a couple of people that went to high school together and bump into eachother during a night were everyones' lives gets completely messed up. One of them tries to kill himself, the other destroys his career, one of them gets recognised in a place she didn't want to be and the last one gets punched in the face by a police officer. So overall, it's a show about a few friends in trouble, and hopefully they will be able to help each other to get out of it. It's a very funny show, good jokes and you can't help but to love the crazy and very miserable characters.
  • Absurd, funny and feelgood show.

this is not the best show in the world, now dont get my wrong, its entertaining. its just that its all been done before. its got a lott of the arrested development feel to it and its got a good potensial to bloom and be a good hit. I must say i like the actors and characters. not to young not to old, and they have the 30's angst as a major theem going on for all of the characters. i am not sure what i think aboute the kid. i hope they evolve that one a little more. all in all i will try tis show for a season and see wher they go.
  • Really funny. I'll keep it on my watch list until it is cancelled.

Really funny. I'll keep it on my watch list until it is cancelled. It would be under one of my favorite kind of comedy; disasterous. It's all about these four friends from high school who meet up in pretty embarising way: giving a sexual masage, getting the sexual masage, shooting yourself, and going psyco with fatty foods. They all meet and most of them is running from the law. What I also like about this show is that the humor is under my catagory: inuendous and and filled with dumb action like escaping from your friends pysco boyfriends house from a closet. Well, to wrap it up, I say this is a pretty good show so far.
  • Old friends from school getting back together.

This show has a good potential. The pilot was interesting, the cast is great. It makes it easy to watch when the cast is already famous. The storyline would need some fixing and the characters will and should evolve. I think the network should definitely give a chance for this show and not cancel it after 4 episodes. I am interested to see the few next episodes to see where this all leads to.
  • Four classmates reunite following a series of emergencies.

5.5
    Everything about this show is just OK. A bunch of B-list actors give somewhat entertaining performances, but no one stands out and the chemistry of the main characters isn't great. The premise of the show is overdone and viewers are reminded what the premise is about every two minutes in the pilot. Also, nothing is subtly done in this show. Writers could afford to take a lesson or two from the cleverness of The Office, where every joke doesn't have to be spelled out for viewers. But for those who enjoy watching shows that don't make you think at all, this one's for you.
  • A group of old high school friends reconnect in their late 30s and discover that their lives did not turn out ot be what they thought they were going to be.

I was pretty surprised by this show. The reviews trashed it and it is REALLY good!! It has a really charimatic and awesome cast. Kelly Hu is totally hot and this is a long way from the stuff she has done in the past. Jonathon Silverman is better than he has ever been and David Arquette is hilarious. Greg German, who played Fish on Ally McBeal, plays a diet guru gone bad and he is totally different and really funny. The music is old school 80s and they have picked some classics and really cool. I'd tune in to this one again. Definitely worth watching.
  • A stellar cast portrays a group of former high school classmates who have come together through different means. While the premise has been done before, the characters offer relateable and amusing dimension, making for an enjoyable show.

I watched this show in conjunction with "Knights of Prosperity" and they are worlds apart. Both shows are about people not being where they thought they would be in adulthood, Yet it was this show that grabbed me.

There is nothing original about the premise. CBS recently aired a show called "The Class" which I found similar, but decidedly boring. I was actually expecting something of the same quality here. To my surprise, the characters are very human, and have a charm that I found lacking in the other two shows mentioned above. A key for me is always the little moments. Most plot will be conventional, especially in TV comedy, so it is up to the quiet human moments that lift it up above the rest.

I watched the pilot episode and was immediately struck by how recognizeable the cast was. Now, that is not to say that a good cast will make an instant winner, but there is something to be said about a show that can lure five quality actors onto the screen. Even Jimmy Kimmel makes a cameo.

The show's name, "In Case of Emergency" suggests that while the show is about four people who knew each other in high school (and apparently one doctor), the premise revolves around the core idea that people need each other, and that when the people we once depended on leave us, others will fill their place.

The pilot's ending got a slight "aw" from me, even if it was predictable. I liked how they worked the show's name into the pilot episode. Let's hope it doesn't get rammed into our throats as the season continues.

My only hangup is that Greg Germann's character seems to be a bit over the top. But that is a minor complaint. The show was written by Howard Morris, who wrote, among other things, Home Improvement and Dream On. There is a whole season to go, and I whole-heartedly reccommend this show.
  • Give this one a chance, you won't regret it!

Give this one a chance, you won't regret it!
    Last night's pilot episode gave me hope again that TV comedy is not dead yet. The show has a great cast and is about 3 guys and a woman, all in their thirties, who went to high school together. All of them are having quite a bad day and meet by coincidence. If the show keeps up the turbulent humor and won't turn into a stupid repetitive pile of nonsense (like most sitcoms nowadays do) I guess this could be my new best friend. I definitely won't miss next week's episode.