In Justice Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

How is this show doing in the ratings?

marymoss71

[1]Feb 10, 2006
    • level: 9
    Every time I check it's between 5.5 to 6.0 which doesn't seem very good to me. But I could just be comparing it to CBS's numbers. Does anyone have an idea whether the show is doing well or not?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phf3947

[2]Feb 10, 2006
    • level: 71
    The best way to answer this question is to ask someone who's actually there. Jason mentioned both ratings and CBS in his interview for TV Guide.

Excerpt: ... because our ratings have been really solid. We've been holding our own on Friday nights against a tough CBS lineup....
    Edited on 02/10/2006 1:20pm

Dawnsdinosaurs

[3]Feb 10, 2006
    • level: 40
    The biggest thing about the ratings is what did ABC expect from the show? Like Jason said in the interview the show is holding it's own. It has improved the time slot for ABC from earlier in the season and is definitely doing better then last year. The Futon Critic shows the ratings for this year compared to last year, and I believe every week In Justice has done better than last year (Hope and Faith and Less Than Perfect), even on In Justice's lowest week when the show didn't air in Dallas/Fort Worth area.
    Edited on 02/11/2006 10:07am

kopeckee

[4]Feb 11, 2006
    • level: 20
    its a very good show. i would renew it now. but i dont know what the rating are. i am just going by the shows i have watched...

Ruokasi

[5]Feb 20, 2006
    • level: 4
    Has this show replaced Killer Instinct?

Which has done better, so far?

phf3947

[6]Feb 20, 2006
    Ruokasi wrote:
    Has this show replaced Killer Instinct?
    Which has done better, so far?

Different networks, and apples to oranges.

dancingthejig

[7]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 5
    wats killer instinct?
    i hope this show keeps going because its been the only drama show i've ever really been into. i mean its strangly addicting.

djariya

[8]Mar 19, 2006
    • level: 19
    Jason O'Mara joined the pilot of a new ABC show called "Drift" Unless they plan to cast a new lead character, I think it's safe to say this show won't be back next fall.

phf3947

[9]Mar 19, 2006
    djariya wrote:
    Jason O'Mara joined the pilot of a new ABC show called "Drift" Unless they plan to cast a new lead character, I think it's safe to say this show won't be back next fall.

The only part of this statement that is true is the info on Jason's pilot. It is not "safe" to make an assumption about "In Justice" based on this information.
    Edited on 03/19/2006 5:28pm

Dawnsdinosaurs

[10]Mar 19, 2006
    djariya wrote:

All of the news articles and reports state that if In Justice is renewed Jason's has a commitment and will be back. The role in Drift will be recast. This is basically just a job for Jason since In Justice has finished filming for the season.

There has been no decision on In Justice as of yet, and more than likely won't be until the upfronts in May when they announce the fall schedule.

ABC is letting IJ finish it's 13 episodes, many of the shows didn't get that much. That is a good sign in my opinion.

djariya

[11]Mar 19, 2006
    Dawnsdinosaurs wrote:
    djariya wrote:

All of the news articles and reports state that if In Justice is renewed Jason's has a commitment and will be back. The role in Drift will be recast. This is basically just a job for Jason since In Justice has finished filming for the season.

There has been no decision on In Justice as of yet, and more than likely won't be until the upfronts in May when they announce the fall schedule.

ABC is letting IJ finish it's 13 episodes, many of the shows didn't get that much. That is a good sign in my opinion.

Your right it was an inaccurate statement for me to make. April-May is when the studios shoot pilots to try to sell to the networks. O'Mara is just giving himself some job security in case In Justice isn't picked up.

Catwoman87531

[12]Mar 23, 2006
    • level: 55
    Thanks for the info.

I had been wondering if a decision had been made when I read that Jason had joined the cast of another show.

I like this show and I hope that it gets a second season.

WonderSlug

[13]Mar 24, 2006
    [QUOTE="Dawnsdinosaurs"]
    djariya wrote:

I like InJustice and am a big fan of Marisol Nichols and the guy who plays Conte. However, just because it is allowed to finish its entire first season (of 13, 22, or 24 episodes depending) doesn't necessarily mean that ABC will bring it back for a full second season.

Look at some of ABC's other 'new' shows that had full 13-episode runs last year, only to have no second season:

* In The Line of Fire
    * Blind Justice (Marisol was on this one too)
    * Jake in Progress (only one episode from 2nd season aired before getting yanked along with Heather Graham's comedy that it followed).

I really liked the 3 ABC shows above and hope In Justice doesn't follow their fate.

djariya

[14]Mar 25, 2006
    ABC hasn't officially announced it's cancellation, however I just read that Kyle McLaughlin has joined the cast of Desperate Housewives and with O'Mara on that new ABC pilot Drift, I think the actors already know the writing is on the wall.

Dawnsdinosaurs

[15]Mar 25, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 03/25/2006 4:10pm

Dawnsdinosaurs

[16]Mar 25, 2006
    WonderSlug wrote:

I like InJustice and am a big fan of Marisol Nichols and the guy who plays Conte. However, just because it is allowed to finish its entire first season (of 13, 22, or 24 episodes depending) doesn't necessarily mean that ABC will bring it back for a full second season.

Look at some of ABC's other 'new' shows that had full 13-episode runs last year, only to have no second season:

* In The Line of Fire
    * Blind Justice (Marisol was on this one too)
    * Jake in Progress (only one episode from 2nd season aired before getting yanked along with Heather Graham's comedy that it followed).

I really liked the 3 ABC shows above and hope In Justice doesn't follow their fate.

My point was this season ABC didn't give many shows a chance to finish their 13 episode runs. Night Stalker, Crumbs, Emily's Reasons Why Not, Jake in Progress only ran 1 episode. I'm not sure if I missed any others. The Evidence I believe is down to 6 episodes instead of 13.

The point I was making is if ABC was so disappointed and just wanted it gone they would have pulled it already, which means they haven't made a decision, which means there is still hope.

Dawnsdinosaurs

[17]Mar 25, 2006
    djariya wrote:
    ABC hasn't officially announced it's cancellation, however I just read that Kyle McLaughlin has joined the cast of Desperate Housewives and with O'Mara on that new ABC pilot Drift, I think the actors already know the writing is on the wall.

Kyle is only doing a multiple episode arc for this season. In Justice is finished filming so why not do episodes for another show. If he will be on next year depends on the response this year and whether or not In Justice gets picked up.

Powaygrl

[18]Mar 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    i hope it gets a 2nd season

WonderSlug

[19]Mar 28, 2006
    Powaygrl wrote:

So do I, this is one of the better shows and gives me an additional show to record on my DVR to watch on the weekend, especially now that boring baseball season is almost upon us.

Rhino3434

[20]Mar 29, 2006
    • level: 6
    WonderSlug wrote:
    Powaygrl wrote:

So do I, this is one of the better shows and gives me an additional show to record on my DVR to watch on the weekend, especially now that boring baseball season is almost upon us.

I watch this show every week too and really love it.
    I have to disagree about baseball though. I love baseball!
    Play ball!