In Justice

ABC (ended 2006)

In Justice Fan Reviews (53)

• Agenda TV…Again

0.2
    Well, Hollywood has set for yet another TV show, based on someone’s agenda. In Justice is about the latest in the mid-season shows that attacks yet another of America’s institutions with the worst-case scenario and making it the everyday, common fact.

In Justice focuses on the occasional…yes, damn it, the Occasional, misalignment of Justice and false imprisonment of individuals based on bad evidence, or testimony or false testimony. It’s a fact that in a justice system as large as ours, that this happens. But to make it entertainment, and preach weekly of the “bad” system we have of judging people is pure agenda driven crap.

I don’t see producers running to make shows at the miscarriage of justice, like the OJ Trial. Of runaway juries with their own ax to grid, or about extremists doing acts of domestic terrorism, like ELF. Naw, that won’t happen because it doesn’t attack America itself.

In Justice is just plain Agenda TV targeting for the mindless, that group, which is part of the Blue State Entertainment community.
  • Injustice is part of an altenate reality

1.1
    Apart from being badly acted with hackneyed story lines and utterly predictable, this program is demonstrative why "The Practice" became unwatchable while "Boston Legal" is a hit.
    The reason is that the former took itself seriously and pretended to be a "snatched from the headlines" show while Boston Legal is pure fiction and doesn't pretend otherwise.
    Some of the glowing reviews at TV.com (which are at odds with the newspaper critics who call it bad to mediocre at best) are tyhe results of wishful thinking.
    The defense lawyers are "heroes who save the innocent and convict the guilty?" In which altenate universe? Defense lawyers jobs is to exonerate the guilty and the fictional "National Justice Project" would quickly go out of business if it relied on the existence of "thousands of Americans wrongfully convicted in America every year."
    The cops are almost uiformally corrupt and brutal, the prosecutors venal, and the public defenders - who work darn hard in real life - are all porrayed as schlubs.
    If the ACTUAL ratings (third among the big three and a rank of about 50) are any indication the viewers will be spared a cruel and unusal term of this program.
  • Prison Break

3.8
    This is such a prison break rip off. Can ABC get an original idea already.all their shows a complete rip offs of shows on other networks. and usually their original shows end up getting cancelled. lost is just a piloted version of survivor. This show is going nowhere andwill be cancelled after the first week
  • Not the best execution, but interesting.

6.9
    This is an enjoyable show that raises some interesting questions not typically considered by primetime TV.

It has been well established that the legal system often convicts innocent people. This show dramatizes the complexity of how that happens. We might even get some ideas about how to make things better! Insights are good things.... There are definite comedic points in the interplay of the ex-cop team leader and the politico head of the project, the team leader and the women.

At times, the forensic examinations reveal really interesting tidbits that are very clever.

It is fun to watch this show, and given some more time, the characterizations will get better. Good stuff to be aware of.

Enjoy!
  • needs a new day and time

This show is excellent. It was a good idea to primer it after desperate housewives on Sunday night. I probably would have never watched this show because of the night it comes on. Who is home on a Friday night? Now that I have watched it I think I am hooked and I will have record the shows. I still think it needs a better night.
  • Great show, sad it really happens

Okay, I just watched the "sneak premiere" of inJustice on ABC. WOW, what can I say, it was an amazing show. Not only did the case get solved, but they also throw in a little bit of comedy into the show. The cast you can tell gets along with each other very well behind the scenes. inJustice is a MUST SEE -- I'll bet that if it gets renewed next season (and it should), it will definetly be given a better timeslot than Friday nights at 9:00! go ABC!
  • Not just another "Law" show.

I'll admit that I usually hate "Law" shows (ie: Law and Order...all 500 hundred of them), but not because they aren't appealing, they just seem to get repetitive after a while. Now even though this show has not been on the air long, I am already enjoying it. It's one part drama, one part mystery, one part funny lawyers (I know...scary). It is fun to try and figure out the mystery of why "this weeks person" went to jail being wrongly accused (let the "whodunit" commence). The cast is pretty good, but I have a hard time keeping track of everyone (they're just all lawyers of some kind in my eyes right now). Nothing jumps out about any of the actors/characters yet except for the fact that Kyle Maclachlin makes me laugh each week. So as the show progresses, I'm hoping we get more backstory's on our main characters, without losing the focus of what wrongly imprisoned soul they are saving each week.
  • I don't understand!!!

I know that there are diferent tastes, I know that everyone is not obligated to like what I like. But, sometimes I don't understand american audience and/or american networks.

Why do some shows have great sucess on Europe and are completly "axed" on the states? Is it because every network has this shows at the same time?

For example: In Europe "Commander In Cheif" & "In Justice" have good enough audiences. And shows like "Dancing with stars" & "Angel" are completly abominated.

This is was a good show, you may not like some of the actors but Conti, Brianna are good actors and the plot and the originality of the show was really good. I don't like Law & Order too mutch but I understand why they have sucess. I can't understand why this shows don't!
  • Innovative, creative & cleaver. Interesting story lines with a nice mix of character personalities & interactions. Well done. Simplier sibling to Boston Legal.

- Good idea for a show, done very well.
    - Story lines are well paced & thorough.
    - Attractive cast conveys passion for "doing what's right".
    - While character interactions are well done, writers need to avoid excessive "soap opera-like" secondary story lines.
    - Importance of issues and execution of subject matter well blended with levity and some lightheartedness, avoids the show being too melodramatic.
    - Entertaing & intelligent the show maintains interest while conveying important message. Alomg the lines of Boston Legal, but not quite as well done.
    - Worth watching, you'll become a fan if you give it a chance.
    - ABC should invest in it, bring it back & give it a chance.
  • I love this show

I love this show. Eventhough i just started to watch it, i cant get enough. No instead of getting people to go to jail like CSI and Law and Order. These people are consectrating on getting the innocent out of jail. This is really nice thing to do. Its also not boring, the ends arn't predictable i really like that. This is a fabulous show!
  • I am enjoying the variety of characters and story lines. I hope the writers can keep producing interesting stories. I'd like to see this show continue for more than one season.

Key lawyer has some characteristics of real-life, flamboyant lawyers but he is not the sole focus of the show. Interesting relationships with previous police officer and female members of the In Justice Foundation. Reminds me of fine ensemble cast of L.A. Law years ago.

Its future will depend upon the continuation of very interesting writing. Another focus on crime and law stories in general. Not as specific as a Criminal Intent or Crime Scene Investigation. But still quite appealing in its use of forensic evidence to free the injustly prisoned.

Episode on January 20, 2006 portrayed some real issues that alleged juvenile offenders may face. Parent would do well to take note and educate their teenage children.
  • They need to bring this show back!!!

I liked this show very much. It was about this group that helped wrongly convictied people get out of jail. I found it very touching and sad at some times. The one where they couldn't get the man out or off of death row made me cry. Especially when he was pictureing a happy place when he was getting injected. Very moving stuff!!!!
  • Awesome plots, good actors, great writers and some really cool editing makes InJustice a must see for ALL!

A bit unrealistic but a fabulously made show! Great actors, and great writers combined with neat editing and amazing (but sometimes over the top) story-lines makes this a really nice show.. a must watch!

InJustice is definitely much better than most of the other stuff on these days.. I really hope it catches on..
  • It's almost Law & Order, with a twist!

wow! great new show. Love how they took a typical law and order type series and gave it a new sort of twist. Can't wait to see what will happen later this season and hope this show doesn't get cancelled. also i think the characters rock! swain and conti make me laugh everytime, they work really well together. so i say go in justice!!
  • This show is new and fresh. Takes crimes and gives a look what the jury found to be true and then takes us through what really happened.

Great. Love to see it shown that the justice system has problems. I love the idea that those mistakes really can be corrected. That truth should win out not public opinion or public pressure. Only wish more of this went on in the real world.

I love the cast, they are quirky and complex.
    The \"this is what the jury thought\" is great, it shows that perception effects verdicts and that a jury can only go by what informatiom they are given.
  • Great show!

I\'m disappointed with the network for not bringing this show back! It was the only worthwhile show on Fridays that I watched and I enjoyed the stories very much. The basis behind the show was to help those that the Justice System failed, and that was original given the fact that all other legal or crime dramas focus on the current and investigations surrounding recent crimes that have not yet been tried. \"In Justice\" gave a unique spin on that and because the case was cold and \"wrapped up\", the paths they had to take to find the evidence made the show more interesting. A real shame :(
  • \"In Justice\" was a unique concept and it was handled well.

\"In Justice\" was a unique concept and it was handled well. Even by putting it on a dead-end night it had fairly good ratings and it was a shame it was cancelled. The show had a great cast and crew and each episode built on the characters and, more towards the end of the season, it seemed the case itself was on the backburner and the characters took the spotlight.

While the show was great, it didn\'t go without some small flaws. In some episodes, it seemed the show tried to drag out the cases and try to make up for some missing character development in that paticular episode. That was really the only major problem I had with the show.

The episode that seemed to outshine the others was \"The Public Burning\". This episode impacted me emotionally more than any television show that I\'ve ever watched. I must admit, I am one to cry during movies, TV shows, or books but in the episode I had known the character for less than an hour and I was sobbing. This just shows how well the writers had you wound into their story.

The series was remarkable and I really did wish it could have continued but, unfortunately, it was a quick end for a good thing. Hopefully we\'ll get a good DVD release. ^^
  • In Justice is based around a team of people who work for a laywer (David Swain) and an ex policeman (Charles Conti) and work to free people who have wrongly convicted and have been placed in jail (most of whom are innocent).

It has been a very underrated show that deserves so much more from the producers and is up there with Criminal Minds (in my opinion is better, although Criminal Minds is one fantastic programme) and deserves as much praise as that has received.

The show works well mainly because of the way the characters interact with each other and how they react to each other and also to the public.

In my opinion the show has worked well because of the differing storylines which all have something distictly different about them whether it is armed robbery, murder or something much more minor, they all feel different and you never get the feeling of dejá vú with the storylines. Of course this shouldn't have happened yet anyway because there have only been thirteen episodes.

Although all episodes were of a high quality my personal favorites have to be 'Lovers', 'Side Man', and 'The Public Burning'. The last one is a particular favourite because it was one (if not the only one) where they didn't win the case and have a happy ending.

Hopefully in the future the producers/network will come to their senses and bring another series to our screens.
  • Good show. Good Cast.

I previewed the first episode mainly because I liked Constance Zimmer (formerly of Good Morning, Miami) and wanted to see her in a serious role. I hope ABC decides to renew it for more episodes. I'm getting tired of all these Reality TV crap now showing. Some great shows are premier for 13 weeks runs, so let's tell ABC to keep In Justice
  • does anyone know if I can get all 13 episodes of In Justice. I really liked that show, and I have seen like 8 of the episodes but I didnt see the first 3 episodes, or the last 2, Im missing those 5 and would really like to see them if its at all

awesome show, I really enjoyed it! I wish they hadnt cancelled it, thats very sad, now im looking for the episodes Im missing!! So if anyone could help me, id be very happy to be get those from them, so please if anyone has the episodes i dont, I would be very greatful. Conte, and Swain are awesome, and their little pawns, ie, John, Brianna, and Sonya are really good at solving these mysteries, and getting the innocent out of prison, outside of the pulic burning episode, but it does show that sometimes innocent people dont get out, and thats pretty sad!
  • Great show, bad time slot.

What a gret show. ABC finally got a show I enjoyed and then they put it in a bad time slot. In Justice is entertaining and thought provoking. I think it is one of the best new shows of the past several years. The storylines varied from week to week as did the results of each case. I think this show has real promise in becoming a long-running hit if given the right plaement by ABC and the network higher-ups. It would be a real bummer if In Justice does not make it into the fall lineup. I anxiously await it\'s return to the air.
  • This is a consuming drama about an important topic. Moreover, its supported by excellent acting and writing.

As a lawyer who used to do criminal defense, I learned fast that it's not always the guilty suspect who goes to jail. Sometimes its the most convenient suspect. The fact that ABC is willing, in the middle of a Republican administration, to take on this topic is very impressive. Also, it is well written and well acted. I turned it on to see Kyle Maclachlan, who's wonderful as always, and was pleasantly surprised by the very talented co-stars.
  • Fantastic!

This is one of the best series i have ever watched. The plot is very unique and captivating. All other legal dramas are about putting away the bad guy, not helping the good guy. The acting is great, and has a pretty strong cast. They have awesome chemistry and are very believable. I reccomend to anyone.
  • Good show with a talented cast and talented writers.

I thought Injustice was a good show. The actors are very talented and Jason O'mara is a favorite of mine so I guess I am a little bias. I really hope that it catches on and more people tune in because it is a fresh law drama. So I give Injustice a 9.5 because I know I am going to keep watching.
  • I'm not too sure the young cast is fit for this kind of show, but other than that, the storylines are great and the chemistry between O'mara and MacLachlan is great.

This is a really good addition to ABC's drama lineup. ABC has delivered yet another excellent show.

Some of the young cast members (for example, Daniel Cosgrove) don't really fit into the show very well. But, the chemistry between Kyle MacLachlan and Jason O'Mara is tasteful and the comedic touches between the two characters make the show delightful to watch.

Hopefully, in it's original Friday timeslot, viewers will tune into what is a fabulous and sometimes heartbreaking series.

Two thumbs up!
  • In Justice was a great show with a positive message, well written and acted. I loved all the episodes except the one when the innocent black man is executed because they can't get a stay, that one upset me a lot.

This was one of the bright spots of the TV season this year. All of the good shows seem to be canceled before anyone has the chance to hear about them or watch. You have to be lucky enough to find it by accident and watch without knowing what it is, and then realize that you have found a gem. Unfortunately most of the gems this year have been canceled, the networks only seem to be interested in instant success and a demographic interested in mindless dribble. The reality shows are an insult to our intelligence, do they really think that none of us will watch a show with some substance. I find myself watching mostly old sitcoms, in reruns, on cable, and they wonder why? Go figure. Please bring it back or at least be bright enough to produce it for syndication, I'll watch.
  • I think In Justice is the best lawyer show on TV. so far it doesn't have the sexual content Bosten Legal has. (that show needs to be canceled, they all need their mouth washed out with bleach). Keep more of "In Justice" coming. Thanks

I think it is interesting to see how the lawyers on In Justice work to prove someone is innoent. I haven't seen it on or read anything about it being canceled. I hope it comes back on. Why do all the good shows get canceled and the nasties ones stay on ? I don't think the network gave this show a chance.Thanks
  • Really very good show. Truly eye opening. Love Jason O'Mara. He is my new hero

Honestly first time I like Kyle MacLachlan
    truly love his character in this. Love the format
    finding the case done wrong and going back to do it right.
    Really love Jason O'Mara (did I say that already)
    He is just sexy and really want justice for everyone.
    Check it out. One of the best shows on ABC.
  • Great show about how corrupt the justice system can be. And about law firms(and the lawyers who work for them) really do it in the name of justice. How over worked and under paid they are and thank God there are lawyers who do this.

All of a sudden it gets yanked. No one says it's not returning, no explanation, just bye. Ditto "Close To Home" that aired on Friday nights. That show was terrific. People don't have time to sit down and complain and with all the cable channels they just switch to other shows. Years ago the consumer got what they wanted. When Cagney and Lacy was pulled, so many people wrote to the network it was put back on the air and went on to win Emmy's and I believe ran for five years. I can understand the show Conviction. It was just another Law and Order spin off, but now where is Cane???
  • It is the best TV Series I have watched in the last months. The main idea of the series is quite appealing, focusing something new and in a refreshing way.

It is the best TV Series I have watched in the last months. The main idea of the series is quite appealing, focusing something new and in a refreshing way. I do have some concerns regarding the people that may have been unjustly judged and are incarcerated and I was pleased to watch a series that focus on that. I also would like to emphasize that this TV Series is an example of good work, good taste and commonsense without the unnecessary violence that we have been watching over the years.

Keep up with the good working!
< 1 2