In Plain Sight

All's Well That Ends

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 04, 2012 on USA

• The Finale

In Plain Sight did not put them together and there is something to be said for that. Mary and Marshall have just as much chemistry as any other police couple, but the show went the smart root by not having them get together, we just got to see our heroes do one last case, and share some metaphorical tears along the way.

Solid offering, but then again this was never a fantastic show to begin with, so I can only praise it so much.
  • A fitting farewell!

This episode managed perfectly to tie up Mary's story from the last 5 years and left plenty of room for imagination where the characters could go from here.

Compliments to the writers and the actors for the scene on the balcony, it couldn't have been better and stayed so true to the tone of this series and the characters.

This was one of the few series that never disappointed and I am going to miss it dearly.
  • Contains Spoilers!!!!

Turn away if you haven't seen the episode.......

Last Chance....stop reading if you don't want spoilers!!!!

Ok, luckily I've only discovered this show this last year via netflix, so I haven't invested years and years into the show and the characters, so I can only imagine what long time viewers must be feeling.

So story line A, the WITSEC of the week was a transparent pat on the back for Mary and story line B, the Mary/Marshall resolution that we all tuned in for was so pathetic, it brings down the whole legacy of the series. Here's how the M/M thing should of worked out, either they wind up together in a romantic way (a fan favorite) or they continue on being the kick ass partners they have always been, with both growing as individuals, but what do we get....neither!!!

Mary keeps her father to herself, again, by spreading his ashes without even her sister(s) input, or presence, the M/M partnership dissolved, Abigail's accent vanishing, and the mother back to her old victimizing traits. I guess the fact that Mary brought a guy she's hooked up with a couple of times to a work event somehow qualifies as growth, even though I would argue that you might want to vet a person more fully before having them meet your coworkers from your highly sensitive job. Also the lingering looks that Marshall kept shooting at Mary made it seem more like he was settling for a girl he can have rather then the girl he wants, not exactly a recipe for a happy marriage, something his father hinted as much.

Arrrgghh, I could go on, but I was very disappointed, If they were going to close the door on romance and their partnership they should of done a better job of showing each character growing and moving away from each other in an emotional way, instead it felt like a bunch of unresolved issues and if I was a friend to Abigail I would tell her to leave, because she will always be a poor man's Mary.

Anyways, it's just a show, with fictitious characters and I've only been watching for a little over a year, so it won't bug me that much, but still I was hoping for something better from such a great run.