In Plain Sight

Jailbait

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 12, 2009 on USA

• Jesus Moreno enters the witness program to testify against his former Mob Boss Felix Calderon. His daughter Olivia is not happy with the situation and causes some problems. Raph's Mother comes from the Dominican Republic for Raph and Mary's engagement.

A filler episode with some big news at the end. The script was a little slow at times and predictable but we got a major curve at the end of the story.

When a witness who is part of a mob family is testifying against the family it is paramount to keep their family members safe. Olivia the daughter is not realistic when she thinks she can be with the Boss' son when his father is the target of the testimony. The son of Felix Calderon is obviously using her and in the end the daughter realizes the truth and allows her father to testify. I think the interesting part was the misconception that Jesus had been the target. In the end we find out that his wife had been all along and that she had been cheating and blackmailing Felix. All Jesus wanted to do was to protect his daughter at any cost.

Talk about misconception and misunderstanding. Raph's Mother shows up to throw an engagement party for Raph and Mary. Jinx and Brandi go along with it as they believe it is just something that will make the woman happy and then she will go home to the Dominican Republic and that will be the end of it.

I find it interesting that because of Mary's past with her mistrust of men in general that it would take a situation like this to really bring her to a major decision. The combination that Raph had bought the ring six months before he proposed and the fact that he is giving up baseball were major story changes. He has always been there for her and now at least in the moment she is committing to him finally as well. Nice scene at the end when she fumbles through his pockets to find the ring and puts it on and then says yes. Excellent ending to an interesting episode.

The acting was great and I really enjoyed the episode. I feel the major storyline was a little weak so I give this an 8.5 for that reason. Thanks for reading...