In Sickness and In Health

BBC (ended 1992)

In Sickness and In Health Fan Reviews (2)

6.4
  • Not worth it for psych fans

I am not very familiar with this show, and the only reason I wanted to watch this particular episode was because I love psych and maggie lawson and james Roday were in it. If you are like me and you want to watch it for these reasons, don't bother. First of all, if you watch psych, you might start cracking up with the fact that james roday (shawn) is possibly a serial killer and not even be able to take this show seriously. Also, this show is pretty much just sam (maggie lawson) and her friends doing chick stuff, getting ready for the wedding, ect, with very little action or suspense. Also, red herrings are okay, but this show throws out so many it's unbelievable. There are so many characters that are only mentioned or only appear once. And don't even get me started on the twist ending. I watched it over about five times and I still didn't get it. I don't even get it now. I mean, who is the serial killer? james or maggie? or the creepy brother dude? honestly, I think they just needed a twist ending so they just tacked that onto the end of the episode and ruined an episode that was already so bad. In short, if you want to watch this because of the psych actors, don't bother. It's not worth it.

• Classic sitcom!

In Sickness and in health was a great comedy focusing on politics and patriotism. As it raised many issues which were not always appreciated to some viewers it also ridiculed the average ignorance that was displayed by people towards rascism. This was the follow on series to "Till death us do part" starring Warren Mitchell as Alf Garnet and Dandy Nicholls again as Elsie. Sadly Dandy Nicholls passed away after filming the first series and was respectfully written out of the series. This then introduces Carmel McSharry as Mrs Hollingbery, who plays a superb opposite role to Alf Garnet. Covering 6 series and christmas specials, this is a superb show that sadly may never see DVD, it should be taken light hearted and admire the effort put into the scriptwork.