Inconceivable

NBC (ended 2005)

Inconceivable Fan Reviews (26)

• WTF?!?!? Why\'d NBC cancel it? It was just getting good.

Hey this show had the potential to be a good show. I really liked it and it was interesting. It was different and NBC should have really given it more of a chance. I know NBC was in a slump and desperate for good shows but if you axe every show you decide to make because it didn\'t make 10 million viewers than you\'re going to stay in a slump for a long time. I personally think this show was poorly advertised. I never saw commercials for it and the only reason why I knew about the show was because I accidentally stumbled across it while on the site trying to look up the Soap I missed. Bring the show back and make everyone happy.
  • why did you take this show off? I like it alot.

I can't belive this show is not coming back. this show is absolutely fabulous. fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous fabulous
  • Bring it back! I've been waiting for 5 months to see whats going to happen! I thought it had a really good cast and the first show had me hooked!I would like for it have another run. I think puting the show on at a popular time would help. Help!

• I loved this show and can't believe it got cancelled before it even got a chance!

Any show deserves more than 2 episodes, especially a show like this one. It was refreshing not having another cop show /reality show to watch. It dealt with important issues that we don\'t get to see in these other shows. Having babies and everything to do with it is very interesting to most people. Please bring it back!!
  • A great drama!!

Why was it canceled??? i thought this show was going to be boring and un original..but i was wrong..the plot just kept me waiting to see what happenes next!!and now they cancel it after leaving us without any answers..please bring this show back or at least air the episode that you have
  • Great show! Bring it Back!

Although some of the happenings on this show were somewhat off the wall it was very interesting to watch and I really was not happy when I found out it was cancelled?! This show by far beats many other shows that are currently wasting time slots (and killing brain cells) such as the Simpsons, South Park and The Apprentice (somebody please tell Trump to do something with that sad excuse for a hairdo!).
  • What a shame this show was pulled. Yes it had all the same intrigue with the characters, but finally there was a show about a new subject besides crime. Bring it back NBC.

What a shame this show was pulled. Yes it had all the same intrigue with the characters, but finally there was a show about a new subject besides crime. Bring it back NBC. Maybe you should have tried a different time slot or given it a few more shows than just two. I rarely watch TV anymore because it\'s all the same stuff.
  • Give it a chance!

As a current infertility patient to one of the best Doctors in Indiana, My husband and I throughly enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Please bring it back! Already parents of a 6 year old and 6 month old twin boy and girl and doing it one more time in 2 years, we could not have been more greatful to watch soemthing so common in todays world. It really does bring light to this world. As well as comfort to us as a couple.
    How can you give a show just 2 shows to prove it will work? Just when it gets good it yank it off air? Come on people! At least give it a full season to see the reviews then. Thank you
  • This show is insulting, misleading and full of crappy stereotypes. There's nothing I'd like more than to see it go the way of the dinosaurs. UPDATE: I got my wish!!

0.0
    This is why the U.S. is going to Hades in a hand basket…no one wants to look outside themselves and see things as others do. Instead, they’d rather be fed crappy television programs that show the sensational version of life that folks want to believe exists.

Hello people? What is a minor, hour-long diversion to you is someone else’s real life and reality. How would you like to see a caricature of you’re worst personal experience displayed on TV for all to see only to have people bombard you with asinine questions based on the fallacies they’ve seen on screen (e.g. Geeze Jane, weren’t you worried that a Dr. would swap your husband’s sperm for someone else’s? I saw that on that new NBC show.) That gets really old, real fast.

“With so many couples dealing with problems attempting to have a child of their own - this show adds entertainment and helps ease some of the pain the many couples go through.”

Nothing about this show eased anyone’s pain. It did, however, feed into many of the delusions people already have about infertility treatment. I mean, c’mon! Did you read these comments??? http://www.inciid.org/printpage.php?cat=polls&id=395 Does this suggest people’s pain was eased, even a little?

“Most people can't understand the infertility struggles that are become more common these days.”

So, so true! Which is why a show like this could be so good and yet failed so badly. By not showing situations are they really are, Inconceivable made it far less likely that everyday Joe’s would EVER understand it.

“There are many people in the world unable to conceive the natural way and I think this show helps to express what could and may happen.”

This is exactly why this show should have been canceled. The show was 80% fiction and 20% fact. Almost nothing that I saw could happen in 2005.
  • As many couples come to the time in their lives when trying to conceive - this show brings light and entertainment to a show my husband and I enjoy watching together.

Please make NBC bring it BACK! I find the story lines and the characters are life like and very enjoyable. Please bring it back - there are so many other shows on NBC that I would rather see go! Inconceivable is ahead of it time! With so many couples dealing with problems attempting to have a child of their own - this show adds entertainment and helps ease some of the pain the many couples go through.
  • A great drama show that's intriguing.

Love the show about a fertility clinic. The actors are great and it's nice to see some familiar faces. Angie Harmon is sexy. The stories are suspensful and sometimes funny. Love the show. Please bring it back for viewers to watch. There's no other show like it. Most people can't understand the infertility struggles that are become more common these days.
  • I feel cheated! I want to know what else happens. I even hooked my husband on the show and that is a feat next to impossible.

Each week the stories are edgy and unique. I am always waiting to see what happens next. The stories of the individuals on the show are so compelling and interesting that I want to keep watching and following their lives. The suspense, drama, comedy, sadness, and joy on the show causes me to feel all of the emotion as if I were there. There are many people in the world unable to conceive the natural way and I think this show helps to express what could and may happen. I think the time slot was not the best and I also think people did not give this wonderful show a chance. I am deeply saddened by the thought of no more INCONCEIVABLE. Although I love Law and Order, I wish there were more shows that were balanced with less killing and more loving.
  • A new and interesting show about a fetility clinic in California. Although, the issues that the show puts forth are brand new and extremely debatable, the actors are not. Some very familiar faces from Law & Order and ER, the leads for this show prove the

This show has been a great contrabution to television, visiting a new dimention of medicine.
    Very rarely are hot-button topics discussed. This show is based on one major debateble issue that could sustain the writters and audience for many seasons. The fact that NBC placed this highly enjoyable series on such an undesirable night, gives Inconceivable little chance at success. The two preivous shows placed in this time slot have also failed over the last year, including another Law & Order sin-off. Can\'t NBC learn that success not only depends on the show but also the timeslot. L&O Criminal Intent is doing very well in this spot because of an already exsisting fan-base. Why not move Criminal Intent to Friday\'s @10pm and place the new Inconceivable in its place? This way the TV viewer has an actual opportunity to view the show before NBC pulls the plug.
    Give this show a chance, the fans that have only viewed 2 episodes are dying for it to come back!
  • You'd think they'd have learned their lesson

While I admit it wasn't perfect, 3 episodes is barely enough to leave a footprint in the sand of television programming. Both Cheers and Seinfeld took some time settling in.By these standards, much of what we consider classic TV would never have been given the chance. Not that I consider this classic TV, but come on, folks, we ever even had the time to debate whether Jonathan Cake was too ridiculous for this part.

For my part, I liked the show. Unlike her role in ER, Mina Na had a sweet sentimentality refreshing in today's television landscape. I felt like the show could have been a great forum for understanding and debate of many modern reproductive issues: surrogate motherhood, stem cell research, IVF, "designer babies," custody issues (of babies as well as eggs and sperm), adoption issues, and so much more. Yeah, there were elements that could have used a little tweaking (as I started to mention before, I thought Cake was an absolute ham and was terrible for the part) but nothing that couldn't have been cleared up with a little tweaking. But, poor guys, they were never even given the chance. It's a sad state of affairs when a show about birth (and a chance for rebirth) is killed after only 3 airings.
  • canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled

0.3
    canceled canceled canceled canceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceled canceledcanceledcanceledcanceled canceledcanceledcanceledcanceled canceledcanceled
  • Wonderful!

I love this show! It's so great! It has a great cast and wonderful story lines. And like someone else said, if it were meant to be funny it would be a comedy, not drama! I love this show, it's ranks right up there with my favorites : The OC, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy! Keep up the great job!
  • It floors me the way people think!

What the **** are you people talking about. This show is awesome and it has hooked me like no other show this season. Why is it whenever a new show comes on television that is different and unique people always shoot it down? Because of people like you and stupid network “managers”, all the good shows get cancelled before their time. For all you people, who said that this show isn’t funny, REMEMBER, it’s a DRAMA and most of them aren’t funny.

THIS SHOW ROCKS!!!!!!!!
  • Show about a doctor who helps people that cannot conceive live out their dream of becoming parents

7.3
    Since I have only seen one episode I do not know how everyone can knock it so hard... I do agree it has a lot of work to do and it might not be 100% accurate however as a woman in her 40's I do know many woman who have not been able to conceive naturally and the desire to have a child takes a lot of people to the edge and to the point of no turning back.... I cannot imagine Ming Na and Angie Harmon signing on to shows with no value considering both have appeared on blockbusters E.R. and Law and Order.... Just that fan following alone should carry the show for a while....
  • Junk tv at its worst. Doesn't NBC have a fact checker before they air episodes? Ridiculous plots and cardboard character development make this show a loser.

0.1
    Labs with no security measures, doctors Goodyear blimp sized egos, and obviously pregnant women waiting to see their "fertility doc" when they should have been in the OB's office--everything in this show smacks of contrived plot twists and cardboard character development.

The title says it all. The plots and characters on this show truly are inconceivable. What is worse is that the viewing public will think that these things really could happen.

Somehow these so called high tech docs haven't been sued due to their lack of security protocols in their lab. The docs miraculously get a woman pregnant when all others have failed, even though they are using very dated methodology instead of a newer method. (Didn't NBC hire technical staff to double check their terminology?)

This is just yet another medical show, only this one can't quite get it right. There is enough drama in infertility to have real story lines instead of these contrived ones.

Turn this one off.

It is inconceivable that this show will survive.

• What is this? Who thought of this? WHY is it on national television?!?

0.1
    This show is absolutely atrocious. Bad cast, horrible plotlines, corny dialogue. NBC was absolutely idiotic for showing this awful show and cancelling Medical Investigation, and it showed. This show's PREMIERE got worse ratings than any episode of "MI", and its rating was about 40% lower than "MI"'s season average! It won't even outlast "Head Cases" (which was a much better show than this garbage). Just awful.
  • Has potential, but needs a lot of work

Why have a great couple of actors like Ming-Na and Jonathan Cake surrounded by actors below their grade? This show could be great but right now...its not. I love ER and Ming-Na is excellent in that show but unfortunately this doesn\'t even touch it. Story line is good, lines bad.
  • complete and utter crap

0.1
    so unrealistic that it would have been better to classify it as a joke show along the lines of Friends. Totally unbelievable and whatever was SUPPOSED to be funny was not. What was apparently supposed to be serious was a laugh-riot and what was to be the tender touching moments made me want to go get a beer instead. I found myself actually LONGING for commercials. What utter pap. Obviously the writers subscribe to the Harlequin Romance method of television writing (pick a subject and hope to god that you can look up enough about the subject to pretend you know something).

THe best favor you could do for yourself is to GO OUT on Friday night instead. This is a barf-fest. Skip it. Trust me. Skip it.
  • Full of inaccuracies.

I work for a fertility clinic and this show is awful and full of inaccuracies. It would be nice to show real life experiences, heartbreak, financial hardships, etc., that really go on. Doesn't do anyone who is actually experiencing infertilty any favors. As a fictional show-poor at best.
  • ehhh...

I liked it. Buttttt.... It does need to find a better platform. Are they gonna focus on the wonder and miracle of giving birth ORRRR are they gonna make this a soap opera medical show ala ER? Personally... If they want to balance both, which I think they are intedning to do... they need to tweak it just a bit. I'll contiue to watch out of morbid curiosity but then again i wont be watching too long as it probably will get cancelled. Unless it works out all the kinks.
  • Could be good...

5.8
    What is Inconceivable is how this show actually made it on air. The cast is appealing and loaded with fine actors. I do wish Alfre Woodard was sticking around though, she's off to Desperate Housewives (I'm thinking smart move on her part), but I didn't feel the "heart" of this show that was being advertised. I didn't really care about any of the "prospective parents" or their plights. I'm not ready to tune out after this first disappointing episode, but if the storylines don't become more appealing then I will defintitely be moving on.
  • Quite witty and funny. I dunno why this is getting mixed reviews on the score wheel.

This show has potential. It's original and it has great characters. The British guy pratically steals the show. There's plenty of good humor and drama abound.

I just hope it doesnt run out of storyline juice though. This first episode seems to tell 5-6 different stories at once where a regular episode would just tell 2-3.

I hope it gets a better timeslot too. But if I do end up bored on a Friday night I will catch this show whenever possible.