Initial D Forums

Animax Entertainment

Stage 5 out as yet?

dbicentaur

[1]May 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    Has anyone heard if a Stage 5 for Initial D will be made. I think Stage 4 left it way to open, the lonely drivers and they rest of the Ibaraki Prefecture could be developed more. This is one of the best anime series I have seen in a long while. Makes me want to go out and buy a Lan Evo myself and try it out, drifting that is.If anyone knows anything about a Stage 5 let me know. Thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PRCrippler

[2]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    Stage 5 won't be out for quite some time. From what i've heard Stage 4 ended at vol. 31 i believe in the manga, and they're only at about vol. 32 and the guy who does the manga only releases them every five to six months so it prolly won't be til sometime 2008 or 2009 for them to have enough story to make another stage. So now all that's left to do is to play the waiting game... : (
    Edited on 06/02/2008 12:10pm

Ootams

[3]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    hmm its a long time to wait..
    anyways thanks..

80stvfan

[4]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 7

I totally agree with what is being said.  I bought every Intial d stage they came out.  I only stopped because they stopped releasing them.  Stage 14 extra stage really left the story wide open.  It actually didn't even focus on Tak or his ae86, but rather on Mako(Maya in english version) and the other girl who they call Simon in the english version and their Sil-80. 

Unfortunately, until Stage 5 is released, there really aren't many stores that will keep current ones in stock.  I have noticed that when they were releasing a new stage every month too three months, they were always in stock in the anime section of my local Best Buy, and other similiar stores.  Now they are disappearing and they only stock maybe three copies.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long, or the fans of Intial d will lose interest

Edited on 09/24/2006 4:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.

vmnr98

[5]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    you can find the complete 24 episodes of the four season, but you have to buy them online. 

Panthyus

[6]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 2
    2008-2009? Are you serious? By that time I'll probably have forgotten all about Initial D. -_-

80stvfan

[7]Nov 10, 2006

Yeah right, what the heck!

Initial d stage 5 will come out when all the hype about drifting is long gone.  I have noticed that all of these automotive things have gone in fads.  First there was import tuning.  That is slowly fading away.  What can be done to a car has either been done, or is to costly or time consuming to do.  Then there was import drags, I'm into cars and car things, but I've never even been to one of these events.  Drifting can't be far behind.  So, to Tokyo Pop, keep the fire alive while the subject matter is current, not when it is on its way out.

helluvagood

[8]Nov 21, 2006
    stage 4 only had 24 episodes and in my opinion had a very abrupt ending.

Sweat hog: Drifting will never be old. Period.

80stvfan

[9]Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry to say my friends, but I think it is all over for initial D here in the states.  I recently discovered that even stores in my area are not stocking it anymore period.  I look at the picture realistically.  I recall buying my last ID dvd about a year ago or so.  I think that Tokyo Pop is trying to slowly fade out of the Initial D stuff.  My patience is wearing thin, to the point were I kinda want to get rid of my collection at the first chance.  I will wait only a little while longer.  So I say

"COME ON TOKYO POP BRING IT ON GUYS YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF LOYAL FANS HERE IN THE STATES, LETS KEEP THEM HAPPY"! 

Angus_Mac

[10]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 71
    Heh, maybe with Cars being nominated for an Oscar, we'll see an interest again in drifting?

timis3

[11]Mar 11, 2007
    heh thats why i love canada we still have the stages here but i dont know about act 5 tho

timis3

[12]Mar 11, 2007
    on top of what you said there might be but i dought itll be because of itll probably be because of the fast and the furious tokyo drift. its odd but it just gets ya into the racing mood after watchin that i also mean the shows not just games kind of mood

Prodigy_87

[13]Mar 11, 2007
    yea drifting will get boring, but how many of us here will refuse to watch initial d stage 5 when it comes out? Just to get back at them for taking so long. heh, im sure anyone who's seen the first 4 would watch the 5th one just from the respect. Then, the graph of drifting lovers would have a giant spike in it.

bladerunnercutt

[14]May 24, 2007
    They said Nascar was a fad, They said Rally was a fad, they said Formula 1 was a fad, They said sk8boarding was a fad, they said hip huggers were a fad, etc,etc. and like it or not , drifting is here to stay. American car builders are now running drift cars in American competitions, ford mustang, dodge viper, dodge charger, and even more planned for next year series. As for the tuner craze, that was all about showing up the American muscle car crowd that a rx7 can smoke my dads olds 442 on a Saturday night and They proved the point very well. Once someone starts something in the automotive realm it usually sticks around. In the 70,s it was all about the custom van, in the 80's it was all about the low riding truck, or classic custom,or minivan, and then the 90's blazed the tuner craze. In The early 1980's, performance was sacrificed for economy. Since the tuner craze in the 1990's , American car company's pushed toward bringing back more performance vehicles in there lineup.If it was not for the tuner craze, this probably wouldn't't of happened. Drifting is really fun , you should try it (on a track) sometime,you might like it. I love it ,as I can use it to scare the crap out of my passengers. mhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh. Any way , I have seen all of stage 4 via torrents, and can't wait till they dub them in English so I can buy them. Even if there never is a stage 5 ( AND THINK THERE WILL BE ) It is an awesome series.
    Edited on 05/24/2007 12:20am

Master_M2K

[15]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 58
    There should be a Fifth Stage because it ended with that "See you soon" thing but judging from what I've heard it will take some time. ^_^

Abunai2007

[16]Oct 1, 2007
    Well I think "drift" racing has only scratched the surface in North America because it is still fairly new to all of us over here, and will not die anytime soon. As for Initial D, yes i agree it may be a while before we see another amazing episode, and it will loose some fans due to their impatience, but it will gain some fans... I only heard of it less than 2 yrs ago. Im sure when it comes out again with a new episode many people will be waiting. I know I will be waiting, even if i am grey and wrinkly... i will wait. The story is incomplete... an I wanna see how it ends!

davey4

[17]May 10, 2008
    so no one has any updates on stage 5 and when it might come out?

AkuIch

[18]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    what manga # are they on in japan right now?

Spinobreaker

[19]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    i have no idea, all of my searches came up empty... but heres a questions, when there is a series 5 who can they go up against? what tpye of cars should they tackle and so forth... if they have beeten GODs (hand and foot) whos next, if they r supposed to be the best around and they won... whos next?...

Angus_Mac

[20]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 71
    Hmm, good question. According to wikipedia they're on chapter 530 and 37 volumes, and still going. I wonder if that's enough to have a Stage 5?