Ink Master

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Spike TV Premiered Jul 17, 2011 In Season

Ink Master Fan Reviews (53)

5.7
  • Jamie from season 2

Jamie lost to Sarah (who has been in that room more times then he has and who complained about everything) in the animal round because of the stickler hues judge who pointed out that he had no tattoos which shouldn't have mattered because he was an awesome tattoo artist. I stop watching the show after that
  • Bud--------josh------

Season 5 sucked, bud is no reason to kick someone off. 420 friendly!!!!! American judges should be more. It should be about the tats,,,,

its not a rehab show
  • Josh was the only worthwhile part of season 5 and the judging is bull

Josh Hibbard is a skilled artist, he didnt let himself get dragged into the made up drama and every other artist talked shit about him season 3 and 5 because he was actually awesome, he had his ups and downs but was overall, a fantastic tattoo artist. When he was disqualified S05 EP11 I felt physically ill, totally ruined the show for me. Only watched season 4 with actual interest and thats cause the final line up of artists were amazing. Could kick the asses of the so-called pro tattoo artist judges any day. Out of Peck and Nunez, Nunez's portfolio is the most disappointing and when he took the absolute crap out of Kyle's work, Kyle had every right to snap, I would have. The show is just losing interest, I probably won't be watching anymore and after seeing season 5 there's no chance I'm dragging my friends into watching this horse crap. Art or not, this sucks.
  • Bad Tattoos

3.5
    What happens to the canvasses that get bad tattoos? Who corrects them?
  • NEW JUDGES PLEASE?

I can deal with Dave but oliver peck is beyond annoying and if you look into his work it's really not all of that. And can someone get that damn stick our of his mouth? He annoys the hell out of me. And they judge WAY too hard!! These tattos is 4 and 6 hours?? I just wish they would lighten up. I recall the other judge saying don't waste mine or your time! You get paid to do this so shut the fuck up. Annoying annoying annoying!!!
  • "Now they're toying with how i make a living"

Im sorry but i lost it right there. What the actual hell??? I hate how immature this show is. Like why would you give crappy tattoo artists your "special" guitars that are "really expensive"?????? Honestly what did you think would happen? And most of the people need to get their crap together. No one cares about what you have to say and how amazing you think you are! Im talking to you Sarah.. Just nod your head, listen to what they have to say, and move on with your life and make sick ass tattoos!
  • Poor choices

I stopped watching the show. When sausage lost it was all downhill from there!
  • josh shouldnt have went home.

i straight lost respect for EVERY artist on season five. your all mad just because josh smoking a little pot. wow, i bet you Jason takes something for his anxiety, but josh cant smoke a little pot. the show is about TATTOOING not about what people do in there personal lives. whoever wins, shouldn't deserve the title of ink master, because josh is the REAL ink master. Josh, you go bro! Everyone know that you are the REAL ink master.
  • Really no pot for tattoo artists???

the competition should be about the tattooing and not what the artists do on their time outside of the show. Bet the guys are drinking all the time but you can't get high? Tattoo artists? Seriously? Pot is legal in many states now and just ridiculous to send a guy home for that. He was one of the best ones there and everyone else was afraid of letting their work speak for them, chicken shits if you ask me. Lastly WTF is all the fighting and yelling all about? These people are ridiculous. I can't believe people speak to each other like that in the real world. I want to see great tattooing and learn about the art, not listen to stupid BS every episode. Just sayin... :)
  • Are you high?

The hands down best tattoo artist on their show was sent home for smoking pot? Are you high? He was the only artist that gave your show artistic integrity. Don't get me wrong, I personally thought he was an arrogant douche, but he was a talented tattoo artist nonetheless. That was a horrible decision made by out of touch executives that probably don't know the first thing about tattoos. Whoever "wins" this season will have done so by default. I've lost a lot of respect for this show and then other artists. A win by a technicality isn't a win.
  • dorks

Oliver peck is a clown with that stupid tooth pick
  • Crap Show

Season 1 was the only decent season, after that it just fell off a cliff. When Jamie was eliminated that was bull shit! Just because a person doesn't have tattoos is so hypercritical, Double standard people! You guys lost my viewing of this crap.
  • Stink Master!

I used to like this show. The tattoos are horrible this year though. Almost as horrible as the judge's wardrobe. It used to be only Dave Navarro that wore women's goth clothing and women's glasses. Now, the other two judge's are on the bus. It is like they got all the leftover clothing from hot topic and get bonuses for who can come up with the stupidest looking outfit! Plus the scripted fighting is extremely annoying. Most of the contestants are horrible artists! The only good artist got kicked off for smoking pot. WTF?!? They (the other contestants and judges) called him a cheater. How is smoking pot cheating? Is that why they all suck, cuz they are sober? Someone give them a bong hit before they ruin another person's appearance with a terrible tattoo please! Funny how the artists are always crying when it's the human canvases that should be crying!
  • Eh...

It's a fun show, always has been, however, it's getting very scripted. It used to be about able artists, putting out gorgeous creations for the world to 'awe' at, but now, it's just scripted drama and fights. Also, the judges are WAY off base with their critiques. I still can't get over the shock of seeing one of those two brothers go home for the ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE owl. And then from that on, I noticed the judges were really just picking favorites, regardless of actual artwork. weird now :/
  • From a good show to wath is wrong with every reality show out there.

Ink master started as a nice tattoos show, enterteining and a good showcase of artists that can do more than just tattoos.

This fifth season is ridicusly bad, it's like they decide to take the normal reality show approach and added scripted drama and fights. People are watching this show to see nice artist doing great tattoos and artistics challanges.

It's a kinda of reality show and it's normal that a lot of stuff are scripted but this season is just right on your face fake.

• Too much drama not enough tattoos

I love the art of tattooing & the creativity some people have. The show has become like the WWE of tattooing. Fake fights, judging based on who they like over what tattoo is better. Making them do things that would never happen in a tattoo shop, like 3 people tattooing at once. I want to see a show that is about the actual competition of tattooing not drama that comes off as so fake. Everyone wants to be the villain to gain attention. The artist on Best Ink & Epic Ink are more worthy.
  • Scripted Crap

This show is worthless. While I don't mind some drama, this mess is obviously scripted... badly. What a shame, because I love artistic shows no matter what they are - fashion design, cooking etc. Instead of focusing on the talent of artists, the producers have decided to cheapen the premise with fake fights. All of the characters (I refuse to call them artists) are unlikeable, and the in your face arguments are downright annoying. DONE with this show, buh-bye.
  • Not feeling season 5

This show started out so good, and how has turned into all the other lame ass reality shows! It only took the first episode of season 5 and I can already tell that it's scripted! While it is natural for people to not always see eye to eye.... but the first damn show their already getting in each others face and trying to fist fight! The producers need to watch season one and get back to what the people want to see!!! Not this I now have a new open slot on my DVR!!
  • A great show gone wrong

The finale of season four and the clues to the new season of Ink Master "Rivals" are the culmination of an exceedingly obvious trend on the show; To manufacture explosive and petty drama at the cost of tattooing. This forced change was easily perceived throughout the season as the focus of each episode was conflict between cast members and not their actual skills as tattoo artists. Additionally, the show centered on the drama created from handing out skulls in a way that agrees with common sense from a competitive point of view. The three contestants were clearly anxious in the dismal final as they were presumably forced(by the producers) to talk about ridiculous drama from the season. The finale did not give the viewers any review of past tattoos from the season or a complete assessment of the contestants, which is what they desired. This show originally exposed viewers to the extremely difficult and interesting art of tattooing. The great potential of this competitive show has been lost to dim-witted manufactured drama. We fans are more intelligent and deserve better than the producers fetish with scripted conflict. I will not be watching season 5.
  • Show is Fixed

Really, really disappointed with this show. I'm an artist, and I know the judges don't know what they're talking about. They pick an artist and try to convince us in critiques that they're the best, then carry them through to the end (so they can make believe they know what good art is).

It's completely fixed -- there is nothing left up to chance or viewer opinion, or even skill. The judges make every single decision, whether wrong or right, and when they favor an artist, that's who wins... Winners nominating an artist to eliminate, canvases nominating an artist to eliminate, America nominating an artist to win... It's all just distraction to make the choices seem more random or like the weight of power is more spread out than it is.

It's not. If the audience votes for an artist to win, or a contestant votes for an artist to lose, the judges have the final say and therefore the ONLY say. Everything else is a distraction. Smoke and mirrors to cover up incompetence and power hunger.

America voted Sausage was the best, but after constantly refusing to eliminate Scott (and trying to shove him down our throats as the best artist), the judges chose Scott as the winner. From the beginning it was obvious that he was their favorite, and with every decision lying in their hands; who goes, who stays, the audience vote is just a joke and to ignore their opinion is absolutely ridiculous and rude. He was never the best, but Sausage was. They can't fool us. The fact that America voted for Sausage and he still lost means they're not even trying to hide it. I knew that the show was fixed, but I knew if Scott won that there's no reason to even watch.
  • this show has become total crap

I think i am done with this show - it started out being about a great tattoo competition - and now its just another bitchy reality tv show, complete with cat fights and name calling. The judging is TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!!! I know aren't going to always agree - and i know judging is subjective - but come on - their should be some criteria! They don't judge based on what the challenge was half the time- sometimes they base it on past work - sometimes not??? - makes noooo sense at all. The guest judging is ridiculous, the team tattooing is ridiculous, and the finale on every season just keeps getting worse - cause it is sooo obvious it doesn't matter what happens - they already have a winner . why did scott win? in season one - they told tommy he didn't win because he had one bad critique during the show - sooo even though he was more well rounded and his finale pieces were the best - he still lost to shane - who only ever did black and grey ( even the judges said so) but yet shane still won?? - soo, why didn't sausage win - scott had bad review and sausage never had worse tattoo - so why did scott win - im glad the entire audience was booing - its a shame - it was a great idea - and could have been a great show!!!!
  • WTF! The judges all need to be fired!

Sausage was the clear winner, his composition was well balanced, great line quality, good color choices, the proper far the better tattoo artist and the audience approved it! Scott did not do his best work on the last tattoo. If the winner is based on total scores, a running tally should be posted each week listing the artist's weekly and total points. Other wise the judging looks like bullshit! I won't watch the show anymore if the judging can not be objective, the audience understands the judges make a subjective critique, but the scores are a Charley Manson review!
  • New Judges are needed!!

Been watching since episode 1 however THIS SEASON (4) has made me realize that its too much bull***

To continue doing so!Previous reviews indicate Nunez treated Kyle the SAME WAY he treated Tartu Baby

(whose tattoos were AWESOME BTW) when she was voted back. Mentioning Kyle BY NAME during an elimination when he wasn't even there was in SUCH POOR TASTE on his part!! maybe he has been out of the field too long and he should reaquaint himself on how much things have changed since he sold out!! SCOTT

winning tonight was SUCH CRAP! His tattoo style is boring and his Master Canvas had way too much orange!!! Sausage or Matti SHOULD HAVE WON!! Scottdidn't deserve it in any way! He bullied his way through the competition and they rewarded him for it!!! Then again TOMMY of Tattoo Nightmares deserved to win and didn't!! Soooo happy he's doing well with his OWN SHOW!! What does THAT tell you!! Can't even remember the guys name who won that season but I KNOW TOMMY!! Shows gone downhill since! Adios InkMaster!!
  • What Happened!?

1.5
    This show used to make sense. Now you've got Chris Nunez on some kind of ego trip!? I used to respect all of the judges, even when I disagreed. They're professionals after all. But Nunez has to go. He's intentionally going after people and he's so incredibly biased that I'm surprised he hasn't gotten his ass kicked. He's a cocky ass hole and in all seriousness, he's the reason this show is damn near unwatchable now. Huge shame.
  • I've lost all respect for this crappy show!

Ink Master has turned to Ink Bastard. This show sucks! I HATE the judges and wouldn't let them tattoo me if they paid me the $100K to do it. The latest episode Season 4 Episode 10 was without a doubt the worst one to date. The whole "tag-team" aspect was very annoying and didn't prove anything. I didn't like Gentle Jay and it's fine that he went home, but the way they went about it was total CRAP!! Melissa's tattoo was horrible and she should have gone home too. Besides, that tattoo they had to COPY was so AWFUL. I agree with Jay's assessment that it was "a leopard puking out a If I had been one of those artists, I would have said no thanks, and left of my own accord.

All that said, the artists are a bunch of losers this season too. I don't care which one of them wins. Only one of the artists I have even the slightest respect for is Sausage and he totally sold out. Scott is just a straight up A-Hole and a D-Bag and his tattoo style SUCKS. He must be blowing the judges off camera to get as far as he has. The rest are a bunch of wankers not worth mentioning.

I will probably watch through to the season finale, but I have to say the Season 3 finale was so HORRIBLE. You could tell that Dave Navarro was unscripted and he just didn't have a clue as to what was really going on. And they had a stupid heavy metal soundtrack going on in the back ground that drowned out what people were saying. I think they need a major change to the whole style and cast for next season. They need ALL new judges and they need to take away that stupid high-pitch sound effect whenever there is controversy on the set. Best Ink is a much better show and they tend to have many more talented artists. Unless there are big changes for Season 5, I don't think I'll even bother watching any more.
  • Judges are excellent but reveal their own hubris!

I couldn't believe the bashing they gave Tatu Baby in season three. It prompted me to look up Nunez's dragons to see what the hell the difference was between hers and his. I was astounded at the lack of skill Nunez's dragons had. Tatu baby's shading may have been a tad lazy but I would still want hers over Nunez's discombobulated mess. Peck is an excellent traditional (sailor) style tattooer but don't go to him when you want something inventive and definitely don't let him put animals or portraits on you. Season 4 contains at least three artist whose skills far surpass the judges on every level.

My theory on why this is: the show needs judges whose studios can benefit from tv exposure. The best artists are so busy they can't stop their studios for the sake of reality show. They make way more money being operators. Anyway, thats my two sense. All that being said the show is awesome. I love seeing people's work. And props to the human canvases, best part of the show.
  • Ashley, SERIOUSLY?!

She handled this competition like my 2 year old reacts to me turning off his favorite show before he is done watching. YOU ARE TATTOOING HUMAN CANVASES!!! There is no way you went into this thinking they were not going to critique your work. That's how they pick the storing from the weak. Go get some anxiety help! You are too wound up!

• Judging is dumb

I like the show and just recently started watching and im already pissed at it not even done with the first season. I dont have a favorite person competing in season 3 but to let a man go home because he didnt have any tattoos is total bullshit. He was one of the few most consistent people on the show, and the other person who was consistently in the bottom got to stay another judges say one thing one week and bullshit someone else the other the week before jaime got canned you they sent someone home because he had the worse "report that same logic doesnt carry over after? I just started watching and im already like fuck this show. Im giving this a three because of the inconsistent judging...

• Dingleberry!!!

2.5
    ROFLMAO!!! Thank you for the laughs girl!!!

I don't believe Tatu Baby deserved to be in the end. She complained, wined and even tried to leave because ooooh it's too . She also is not a "great" artist as was said so many
  • mockery in judging is making this show a turd!

season three is total garbage. the more i watch the more i don't understand the judges. They consistently contradict themselves and go against what they said in earlier critiques. I would just say they need a judge change-up. Hell keep Dave that's fine he is the face of the show, but get rid of the other two tools. They have become jaded on this show and you can tell over the past 3 seasons. get some real talent at the bench to tell these people what they need to hear. If there is a season 4 and they have the same people..... i'll still watch just too see the artwork but fuck the judging. don't care what those guys have to say... there opinion carries no weight to me at all and i don't even have tattoos.

Giving it a three because there are some talented contestants putting out some solid work that is very good.