Inside the Actors Studio

Monday 7:00 PM on Bravo Premiered Jun 12, 1994 In Season

witchinsider

Inside the Actors Studio Fan Reviews (12)

• Richard Nadeau Daughter

I seen a interview some few years ago, with James Lipton looking for the little girl in the car of the Motor Acade of JFK . on Nov. 22,1963 I am this very girl my frist named is Geraldine.

My uncle is Merle Haggard. I have been looking on inter net to found the show that you air this on Well mr. James Lipton also aired on the same night is Richard Nadeau Daughter. a play a small part a baby on a trolley car, I worked with Mr. T. Willams, and Mr. J. Ford I like to talk with you about these flim clips.
  • Candid and often insightful...

When they were giving out creativity I was not only behind the door, I was on another planet, so I can't even profess to understand what motivates someone to seek or maintain a profession in the arts. I don't know what makes them tick creatively and frankly, I don't need to know.
    But I must admit, this is the one show where I can not only watch my favourites, I will occasionally sit and watch a performer I "don't like" (as if in reality I know anything about them which qualifies me to say I dislike them). And I will usually get some insights that surprise me, and make me take note of the fact that I, like most people, use strong adjectives to judge people I don't even know on the basis of a characterization, or worse: on a bad hair day. And if only briefly, it makes me describe performances rather than people as "likes versus dislikes". And much more regularly, it makes me appreciate the fact that I can happily do my chosen profession without mass judgment; and ill informed judgment at that.
    The origins of "art" in a individual are only understood by a rare few...but fascinate all of us.
    I think James Lipton does a really credible job of enlightening those of us who are creatively challenged, and encouraging and supporting those who are naturally gifted in the arts.
    The 200th episode was really interesting as it put Lipton himself on the "hot seat". Interesting juxtaposition to have Dave Chapelle doing the interviewing...
  • This show is interesting and exciting. It allows fellow actors to provide information to up and comming actors. Those of the fence about becoming an actor need to know the pitfalls as well as the successes in the business.

The information about each actors journey into the world of acting and or performing is intersting and eye-opening for those considering performing as a career. Each time we watch new information is given from the actors personal life. The questions are often pointed which makes the guest actor really think about his or her life as an actor. The questons that make us all laugh are well-received. Watching and learning from Robin Williams was fun and entertaining - as is Robin. Learning about an actors education, missed opportunities, and their journey to becoming a household name is exciting. Keep up the good interviews!
  • James Lipton is fascinating in his approach to some of the most famous actors in our universe. His questions and ability to get the actors to relax is magnificent . He is sheer genius in his approach! Bravo Mr. Lipton you are a shining star!

James Lipton is a breath of fresh air in a tabloid world. His ability to question and elecit genuine answers from some of the icons in the entertainment world is without paralell.I especially enjoyed his interview with Angelina Jolie. She was relaxed, answered his questions easily and was able to be free. We learned more from this one interview than we could have learned from any 60 minute interview. His audience is obviously thrilled to be a part of the process. No actor feels more at ease with James Lipton because he is a genius at interviewing these icons. I marvel at every presentation. Let's hope 2008 brings us more provocative and entertaining interviews. Bravo James Lipton!
  • This is another one of my favorite shows.

This is one of the best shows on TV You get to see how all the stars began their craft. I admire everyone who goes on that show. One of my favorite people is Tom Hanks he is so talented one of my favorite movies he did was You Got Mail
    I was touched. That was such a good story line. I could relate to that I used to manage a book store and when I saw that movie. I like it very much you get to sit down with each actor and actress and see what drives them into their profession. So hats off to the creators of this show. All The Best To All of You......

Marissa St James New York Thank you for creating this show.....

S P E C T A C U L A R
  • Nice show.

Cool! For over eight years and more than 100 episodes, James Lipton has sat down with some of the world’s most accomplished actors and directors for penetrating, fascinating interviews. Lipton’s studious research and enlightened curiosity has inspired his guests to open up and confess their deepest thoughts about the art of acting. The series premiered with Paul Newman, an Actors Studio alumnus and former president (1982-1994). A partial list of six-score-and-counting featured guests includes Sally Field, Dennis Hopper, Jessica Lange, Christopher Walken, Nathan Lane, Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Whoopi Goldberg, Jack Lemmon, Gary Sinise, Kathy Bates, Robert De Niro, Susan Sarandon, Meryl Streep, John Hurt, Harrison Ford, Spike Lee, Ed Harris, Ben Affleck, Mike Myers, Antonio Banderas, Kevin Kline, Gene Hackman, Debra Winger, Johnny Depp, Hugh Grant, Richard Gere, Benicio del Toro, Samuel L. Jackson, Sir Ian McKellen, Pierce Brosnan, Juliette Binoche , Martin Scorcese, Edward Norton, Julianne Moore, The Cast of “The Simpsons,” Nicholas Cage and Renee Zellweger, to name a few. Hosted by New York’s famed New School For Social Research, each episode is taped before an audience of students at The Actors Studio Drama School. In addition to his duties as host, Lipton is also the Dean of the school. The series has been honored with seven Emmy Award nominations.
  • Humanizing and Entertaining, a must see program.

It isn\'t the usual \'paparazzi\' glam fest that other networks use to put celebrities of all types under the microscope, which I can\'t stand and don\'t watch. Its a more human and casual forum where the focus is on the person and who they really are under the persona they assume as celebrities. Having a group of aspiring students as the audience, is a novel and intriguing approach. All the classes in the world can\'t bring home the reality like first hand knowledge of those who have reached, and attained what they are only now dreaming of. I really enjoy watching the program, and will continue to do so as long as it airs. It would be nice to see a few more faces take their seat upon that stage. I look forward to another season of revealing and humanizing interviews.
  • Very good.

This show is probably the best interview show out there, and James Lipton is a very good host for the show, though he does always suck up to the actor that he's interviewing. The little forced dancing or singing is very nice as well. The show does get better every season. I am waiting for the day when the guest is Liam Neeson. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • great interview show

the first time i heard about this show, i thought it would suck. but then i gave it a chance and watched it. now i do not watch it every time it comes on, but when i do get a chance to see it, i am always impressed. i have seen many informative interviews, an all of them were very interesting.
  • Excellent show & host. I start out watching most but sometimes flip if it bores me. Love Lipton\'s demeanor because of its effect on comedians, etc University setting puts me in the fame of mind of \"learning/listening\" for pearls:) NOT

Dave Chapelle interview was great and looked I do believe it was a wakeup call for many who watch and dream of plying their craft and one day appearing on a show of this nature. Best pearl in the interview was the comment about when your craft and corporate interest meet, what can happen and why you may need to \"go the africa\"
    I wonder what the audience was feeling and thinking at that time. My hair and hat are off to Inside as well as BRAVO netwk. T-shirt would read, BRAVO SHINES (BS).
  • Absolutely Fabulous

SD s long time student of the \"theatre\", film and performing arts, James Lipton or Professor James Lipton, if you will, has the best class of any college course offered anywhere.

In the 1970's, had the honor and privledge of taking a class with Professor James Card, at the University of Rochester. Dr. Card was a genius, and his class was held at the private viewing theatre in George Eastmans house, where film archive has the rare and classic.

James Lipton, goes one better with live actors, interviews and viewings for a reakl life look inside the artists mind and craft.

Not to be missed for the serious student.
  • One wrong definition does not define the man

I really enjoy Will Smith. His eyes reveal a bright, intelligent, loving person with a great sense of humor. He doesn\'t take himself too seriously, but works hard and considers family important. I was totally enthralled with this interview. Will did, however, give the wrong definition of \"our\" favorite word....of course, he was still reeling from being asked to define jiggy, so he may have been thrown off track for a moment...and if i remember correctly, back in the 60\'s, it was used in a most incorrect manner. Like the word moot, it has mutated over the years. Will defined it as \"against the establishment\" when it is actually \"against the disestablishment of the Church of England\". But, as i said, one wrong word does not define the man. He makes me laugh, he has eyes that twinkle, he\'s intelligent and interesting.