Inside The NFL Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

Anyone else not a fan of Chris Collinsworth

joshjr

[1]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 12
    I kow that I am not.  He says some of the dumbest things.  Like recently he said that Dallas will win the division.  I mena come on I am a Dallas fan and do not think that they will win the division.  Chris wake up man.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

byzkut

[2]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    well that is your opinion. i, personally, don't care. the game matters more than what cc has to say.

captaintombatch

[3]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 32
    yeah, I'm not that big a fan of him, but because it's a football show, I don't like Bob Costas on that show either. He's a baseball/basketball person, he has no business being on the show.

marvelfan89

[4]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 39
    Costas is ok, he doesn't just cover NBA stuff he covers a bit of everything: Boxing, ProWrestling, etc. Eventually all of them say things I disagree with but as said it's a football show filled with opinions.

mrn71

[5]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 55
    Bob Costas I think is highly knowledgeable - he knows Baseball, Basketball, NFL, Olympics, Television history - check out one of his appearances on late night talk shows and you will see.

My pet peeve is Dan Marino - he was a talented QB but comes off too arrogant for me.

Dirk4MVP

[6]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 41
    byzkut wrote:
    well that is your opinion. i, personally, don't care. the game matters more than what cc has to say.
    Same here. But I am a Dallas fan, and I disagree with his statement, becuase the Cowboys sucked last year.

captaintombatch

[7]Oct 29, 2008
    I look at the Bob Costas shows, and all I see is MLB, MLB, MLB, maybe some NBA. The only reason he knows football is because he was the only host of the NBC Pregame show first in the late '80's into 1997, and then back in 2006. Cris Collinsworth is on way too many shows now. Not only is he on Inside the NFL, but he's also on NBC's Football Night in America, and he is the color commentator for Thursday Night Football on NFL Network. Oh yeah, and I hate Bryant Gumbel too as a football announcer.

thefanof

[8]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 102
    I really hate him. He always says moronic things in Madden 09 and on television.

captaintombatch

[9]Dec 23, 2008
    thefanof wrote:
    I really hate him. He always says moronic things in Madden 09 and on television.

It's not so much what he says, it's just how he talks, and there is no escaping him. I actually mute a program when he is talking because I can't stand it. Also, he's on three different channels this season, it's ridiculous!! I actually like the idea of him getting his own show and staying off of all the other shows, that way I don't have to watch him if I can stand it.